shape
carat
color
clarity

How often do you change your avatar?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I have ALWAYS had a pic of my ring(s) in my avatar until 3 days ago, when I changed it to a pic of myself (only because I am playing with special effects, and photography). It seems some may think I am being "full of myself" so, I posted a pic of my newest reset. I just wonder if anyone else likes to change it up from time to time, why stick to the same avatar for a whole year right? I know some members don''t like when you change your avatar too often, since they get used to the name/pic and it throws them off, when suddenly there is a new pic to associate with the member''s name. I love Skippy''s avatar, for obvious reasons, the symbolism there. I know alot of members don''t like to post pics of themselves for very good reasons, but I like to put a name to a face! I would NEVER post pics of my children on the internet,(on a public forum) while others have no problem with that. Anyway..just wanted to see what others thought about putting your own pic in your avatar. I am not seeking attention by doing so..I love seeing those members who DO have their pics posted in their avatar...remembering their face/name is easier than those with ring pics.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve changed it three times (not counting the temporary post it) in the 3.5 years I''ve been here, and the only reason I changed it is because my backpack was mistaken for a roach.

I then did a Korean/America/Oz collage, and finally my stick figure, which I dig. The stick figure has changed a couple of times though when it got knocked up by some other cartoon.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I''ve changed it a few times,from jewels to dog, but I always come back to the jewels as that is what brought me here, and that is how I identify most posters ;-)

hi Tgal and Beau! I''d know you two no matter what your avatar was!!!!!!
28.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I love your stick figure, TGal, and all variations of it :)

I''ve changed mine a few times...I get bored with mine. It''s usually some wedding photo where I look like I''m marrying my dog or a crappy shot of my rings. I know the ring shot is a popular avatar for this forum (imagine that...on a diamond forum!) but my photos are never avatar-worthy. Sometimes I think that if I were to ever run into another PSer on the street, I would only be able to recognize her based on the rings in her avatar, haha.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve changed mine once. I just love that photo of myself and Amber so I''m keeping that one for the time being.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I like consistency, and I often scroll down a page quickly and recognize people by their avatar. It becomes part of their online personality. I know you've been changing up your ring alot, and that explains why a person may change their avatar up, trying it on for size.

I haven't read anything on here of people thinking strangely of your picture. Where did you read that?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I usually only change it when people mention it... so here you go! New avatar for me!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I love your avatar TGAL..Mela Lu..I always love reading your posts..you're a gem! NewEnglandLady, LOVE your wedding pic, it's so fun!! Bee..that is a great pic of you and your dog, and I always find your posts with ease! I think I will change my avatar monthly, depending on my mood. When I get my Cannon Rebel next week, I plan on taking ALOT of pics..so I may have to change my avatar more often..lol. Sumbride..that is a GREAT, fun pic as well!

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/9/2008 1:46:30 PM
Author: sumbride
I usually only change it when people mention it... so here you go! New avatar for me!

Ha! Same here!
36.gif
Poof! New Avatar!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t change mine because I love my Pad. Beau, we love seeing pictures of you
36.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Linda..I can always locate your posts by your avatar..love it! Cleopatra..I adore the kitty..what''s her(his) name?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i think i''ve only had 3, maybe four in the nearly 3 years i''ve been on here.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I adore you ring JCROW, so of course you avatar is simply to die for!
emsmilep.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I have only changed mine once so far (before that the forums denied me access to my profile, but they fixed that). It''s a water droplet on a daisy petal, which I took myself, though it looks like crud because I downgraded quality too far. Once I get my new reset I''ll have pics of those though :D

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/9/2008 2:47:49 PM
Author: beau13
Thanks Linda..I can always locate your posts by your avatar..love it! Cleopatra..I adore the kitty..what''s her(his) name?

Her name is Cleopatra!! ha! We call her Cleo
36.gif
She''s my darling baby
1.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/9/2008 12:33:17 PM
Author:beau13
I have ALWAYS had a pic of my ring(s) in my avatar until 3 days ago, when I changed it to a pic of myself (only because I am playing with special effects, and photography). It seems some may think I am being ''full of myself'' so, I posted a pic of my newest reset. I just wonder if anyone else likes to change it up from time to time, why stick to the same avatar for a whole year right? I know some members don''t like when you change your avatar too often, since they get used to the name/pic and it throws them off, when suddenly there is a new pic to associate with the member''s name. I love Skippy''s avatar, for obvious reasons, the symbolism there. I know alot of members don''t like to post pics of themselves for very good reasons, but I like to put a name to a face! I would NEVER post pics of my children on the internet,(on a public forum) while others have no problem with that. Anyway..just wanted to see what others thought about putting your own pic in your avatar. I am not seeking attention by doing so..I love seeing those members who DO have their pics posted in their avatar...remembering their face/name is easier than those with ring pics.
yeah....let see all those HOT PS chicks.
31.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2008 3:03:24 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

I have ALWAYS had a pic of my ring(s) in my avatar until 3 days ago, when I changed it to a pic of myself (only because I am playing with special effects, and photography). It seems some may think I am being ''full of myself'' so, I posted a pic of my newest reset. I just wonder if anyone else likes to change it up from time to time, why stick to the same avatar for a whole year right? I know some members don''t like when you change your avatar too often, since they get used to the name/pic and it throws them off, when suddenly there is a new pic to associate with the member''s name. I love Skippy''s avatar, for obvious reasons, the symbolism there. I know alot of members don''t like to post pics of themselves for very good reasons, but I like to put a name to a face! I would NEVER post pics of my children on the internet,(on a public forum) while others have no problem with that. Anyway..just wanted to see what others thought about putting your own pic in your avatar. I am not seeking attention by doing so..I love seeing those members who DO have their pics posted in their avatar...remembering their face/name is easier than those with ring pics.
31.gif

So you can drool on your keyboard DF???? tee hee
9.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve never changed mine. I''m just too lazy.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/9/2008 3:05:24 PM
Author: Linda W

31.gif

9.gif
wowzer.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I've never changed mine. I've realized that when I read posts, I look for other PS'ers by their pictures and then their names, and I get thrown off when some of them switch around!! I just thought I would save everyone the trouble...
2.gif
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2008 3:08:36 PM
Date: 7/9/2008 3:05:24 PM

Author: Linda W

31.gif

9.gif
wowzer.gif

YEP!!! That is YOU alright, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
9.gif
11.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
DancingFire, you KILL ME!! I didn't even realize you were male, until the personalized plates thread! Pretending not to "get" the licensce plate that I posted! HA-HA! For the record..all the women on PS are so LOVELY, or as you put it "hotties"..so why not post their pics right? If you've got it...(you know the rest)!
People are gonna look..make it worth there while!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beau,

I never knew he was a Male either, until a month ago, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Linda

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know why anyone on earth would think you were full of yourself for showing us your lovely face, my dear. Honestly, I think sometimes people over-analyze things. My avatar is usually of me, because I don''t have any serious bling yet--I certainly hope the assumption is not that I just love to look at myself, because that''s *so* far from the truth.
40.gif

I personally think avatars should reflect some element of ourselves, whether it be our loves or our jewelry or our pets or our faces. Which one works best is purely individual; I can''t imagine anyone judging anyone else for their choice of avatar. Just use whatever you like! That''s one of the few visuals we''re allow to set ourselves apart on the big scary interweb! I, at least, want to take full advantage of that.
2.gif

As for me, I tend to change my avatar every few months, just because I get bored with the same one. I have a photo I recently took of me sipping some tea out of my favourite mug, which I think might be my next avatar...hmm, or maybe my pig slippers...
27.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
  • Thanks Gwendolyn now I know why you are one of my favourtie PS''ers ! So sweet..and such a lovely face (I love your avatar too).

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2008 2:55:44 PM
Author: beau13
I adore you ring JCROW, so of course you avatar is simply to die for!
emsmilep.gif

awe, thanks sweetie!
5.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have ALWAYS had a pic of my ring(s) in my avatar until 3 days ago, when I changed it to a pic of myself (only because I am playing with special effects, and photography). It seems some may think I am being 'full of myself' so, I posted a pic of my newest reset. I just wonder if anyone else likes to change it up from time to time, why stick to the same avatar for a whole year right? I know some members don't like when you change your avatar too often, since they get used to the name/pic and it throws them off, when suddenly there is a new pic to associate with the member's name. I love Skippy's avatar, for obvious reasons, the symbolism there. I know alot of members don't like to post pics of themselves for very good reasons, but I like to put a name to a face! I would NEVER post pics of my children on the internet,(on a public forum) while others have no problem with that. Anyway..just wanted to see what others thought about putting your own pic in your avatar. I am not seeking attention by doing so..I love seeing those members who DO have their pics posted in their avatar...remembering their face/name is easier than those with ring pics.
Ah thank you Beau!! I love my avatar too; it was hubby's idea to use the Skippy PB jar as a dare. hehe Then of course I had to put on top of the Skippy PB jar my super generous PS gift from PS.
face23.gif

Gosh, I have had so many different avatars. I had my ering stone from WF when I first joined, then a flower Wifey2b took a pic of for spring, a few Hawaii ocean pics since I love Hawaii, a picture of me once but I am kind of shy so I didn't keep it too long, I had some Cookies for the holiday's and a few others I am sure I am forgetting. hehe I know it confuses some people but I think when we are on PS long enough we get to know people's user name. Love the new rings Beau! I too love to see peoples pics because I wonder what they look like. hehe
9.gif

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
spooky, I changed mine today just for a wee change really.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Huh? Why?

I have changed my avatar a couple of times. They are nothing important I just rather have something other than the defaults.

I stopped posting pictures of my daughter long ago after some scary things I''ve seen happen online.
32.gif
Once in a blue moon i''ll post a picture of myself.

Dancing Fire have you posted a pic of yourself? Should I dig?
11.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I just realized that I haven''t changed mine since I got engaged, so over two years! Before that, I think I only had a few other ones.

Hmmmmm....maybe it is time for a change...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results