shape
carat
color
clarity

How much gold?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to say - there's been a slight change of plan.

I'm not going with this design for my paprika spess anymore.

I went to see the other ring designer today and talked about this design plus another that I had in mind, but we ended up going with a third design which is something completely different. (after about 5-6 sketches, with him saying "what about...?" and me saying either "meh" or "oooh - like that bit")

I'm not going to say what the new design is, but will post on "show me the ring" once its finished. In about 3-4 weeks.

From discussing the original design plus my other one I realised this chap today is actually cheaper than the guy I had in mind even though as I said earlier he appears to have higher overheads, as per Ma Re and Michael E's comments above(better city centre location, shop front as well as workshop, not just a one man band, etc). Well for the first design he was about the same price but the 2nd design was significantly cheaper.

This new 3rd design is different from the 'normal' which is actually also more 'ME' and works out roughly about the same price as the original picture I posted. Dont have a definate price yet, just a ballpark, cos the new chappie wants to do waxes etc, to be sure he has the design exactly right but has given a min-max range which I am happy with. I also have to say I saw lots of samples of his work and the fine details such as pave etc seem superior to what the previous chappie could do, so fingers crossed. As an added bonus I found out that this new chap is a coloured stone nut - yay!

Stay tuned in "show me the ring" and let me know whether you think I made the right decision.

For everybody that contributed to this thread - thanks for your helpful comments & suggestions. You guys rock!

ETA: The ring designer I saw today has website http://www.koro.com.au - just a wee hint/teaser of what might be coming
2.gif

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice of you to share it with us. I am expecting to see your finished ring - I do not know his prices but his diamond work is delicate and very well-done. Perhaps later I could use him to do a very delicate work for me - I am looking to bezel-set a small stone and do diamond lattice-wise openwork around it, I have an old ring done this way and it us stunning but requires much patience. I assume mailing to Australia is pretty safe (in fact, having been there, I am 99% sure it is safe). I''d go there again, but 14 hours of direct flight is a little bit hairy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results