shape
carat
color
clarity

How many pets do you have?

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Loves Vintage said:
I've posted this photo before. It's my favorite photo of what a typical day looks like for my little ones, albeit with less snow right now!

OMG what a great photo!! Love it - they look so happy

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I have one and trust me...it is enough. LOL, Henry is....demanding. :bigsmile: He is pretty darn cute, too. He is a Catahoula Hound and is very much a one owner dog. He loves everyone but he is defintely a Mamas boy. I won't lie, I secretly LOVE it. ;-)

I have fought the urge, a lot, to get another. It is just not in the cards at this point but in the near future I am going to start looking. I am thinking that I want another schnauzer. I was raised with mini schnauzers and Henry is the first big dog ever, I just think I want a smaller side for the next addition. It will defintely save the random bruises that I get from being stepped on. :)

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I have no pets right now, regrettably. I do love to pet-sit other people's furry friends, though! We are watching our neighbors two adorable pups for a couple days soon, and I'm really looking forward to it.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
2 cats and eventually 1 dog. Probably not for awhile though. For right now the cats are enough for us and we'd like to wait until the dog can have a big backyard to play in :)

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Two Royal Pythons...

A male who is 9 years old and an 8 year-old female. They totally adore each other but despite living together and catching them DTD several times I am STILL waiting for baby snakes.

They can live for up to 50 years (30 is average) so they're definitely a pet for life. They're silent, minimal upkeep and suprisingly affectionate - plus have distinct personalities!

CourtLynB

Rough_Rock
Currently there are 2 dogs in my household. Riley is a 3 year old pointer/terrier mix, approx 55 lbs. and sheds like crazy. White hairs everywhere! Merc is a year old black lab/hound/who-knows-what-else mix who is an absolute mush ball. He's around 47 lbs. I would get a third, but I think right now two is enough. We vacuum every day, there are squeaky toys all over the house, every bed has a sheet over it to protect it from the hairs.
Then, when two isn't enough, my BF will bring over Frankie, his mini-dauschund (sp?). Frankie is pushing 7, is pretty vocal and loves Riley. And tries to "love" Riley in the physical sense, tho both are fixed. It's actually funny to watch since he's so much smaller than her.

Once I move out, Riley and Merc will get split up and Riley will go live with Frankie. So my parents will need to get Merc a new friend. :wink2: Of course, my mom wants to sue for custody of Riley......

And after reading this thread, I want a bunny!!! My friend in college had one (I can't remember what type) and she was litter box trained and would go with her to visit friends and even hang out on the quad. Too bad Riley has a thing for bunnies (it's from being part hunting dog), so I don't know how she'd react to it.

We should have a seperate bunny thread of just cuteness. :bigsmile:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have three fish. We had a beautiful cat who was killed by my inlaws dog last month. Apparently "natural selection" was the reason.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
We have 3 dogs, a Shih Tzu, Jack Russell Terrier, and Chihuahua/Pug mix. I think it's the perfect amount right now, I don't want any more or any less.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
We have two dogs, Neena and Mia, three hermit crabs, two goldfish, and a sundry of tropical fish.

We adopted Neena from Stamford Animal Control after her owner died. We originally went to see her "brother" Chucky, but he was adopted. But it wouldn't have mattered, when we saw her our hearts melted.

We got Mia because she is absolutely dangerous with children. Our friends adopted her at 4 months old from a shelter in South Carolina. One of her front legs was broken in 3 places. Who can do that to a puppy? She has issues, but we love her all the same :D Our friends had were having a baby and found out how bad she was with children when they decided they should get their dogs used to children. It's a good thing they did. Otherwise there could have been a much sadder tale.

The hermit crabs belong to the SO, they give me the heeby jeebies. I can touch them, but it will be a cold day in hell before I let one of them crawl on me... :errrr:

The two goldfish were my first pets on my own. Well, the big white one was, he's almost 5 years old about 9 inches long (not including his tail). The gold colored one was actually black when we bought it. A black moor for you fish people. But a goldfish's prerogative is to change it's colors through its life. The white one had a big orange spot on its head the first year or two. The gold one is over a year old now and is about about 5 inches not including tail

beforework 007.png

100_2841.png

101_0268.png

karrah and pets 032.png

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Court, many hunting dogs can be ok with pet rabbits, even if they like to hunt rabbits outside. In my personal experience (for what it's worth) terriers are the worst with pet rabbits, but hounds and retrievers are often really good once trained. They understand the difference. Plus, most hounds and retrievers are bred to chase, locate, or track game and not to kill it, while terriers are bred to kill, which is a huge difference. We plan to get a Brittany when we get a dog, but I know there will still be a lot of training involved. Hopefully since we plan to get a puppy, the training will be easier, but it's hard to say. In my experience, dogs that get along with cats can also get along with rabbits.

They're so easy to litter train though, for the most part though. They're so much less stinky than dogs or cats. I would say that they're cleaner, but they leave tons of fur around, and there are always bits of hay and cardboard everywhere.

And we should totally start a bunny thread! If you search, Otto has had his own thread and so has Hannah. I'm waiting on new pictures from my dad (he visited earlier this month with his DSLR) of both bunnies because I don't have many good ones of Hannah yet.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two cats. My parents did not like animals in the house, so I had only a turtle, and dreamed of a cat. So now we have two, I'd have five if I could but we travel frequently and it is not good for animals.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results