shape
carat
color
clarity

How many pets do you have?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Two cats - they turned 1 this month! I'm taking them to my mom's soon and she has two Chihuahua pups!

BEGIMG_0430.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our pups do look alike, Pils! What a sweetie.

Bailee does like other dogs, and we've been considering adopting a second pup for a while, now. She needs a playmate! She had some issues for a while when it came to first meetings, and we had to work with her for a long time to help her get over them. She would get aggressive if a dog approached her face to face, but she's great now. She loves to play, and she LOVES swimming, does yours? I wish I could upload a video, DH took the best video of her swimming at the lake this week.

Is Zoey affectionate? Bailee is the most affectionate dog I've ever known. She just wants to cuddle all the time. Well, when she's not running around. She's also the highest energy dog we've ever had, too.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Two dogs, two cats, and 18 fish.

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
We had a dog who passed away and are now looking at another. We want a specific breed, but from a shelter, so it may take awhile.

We also have a fish. His name is Stanley Laurel and he's pretty chill.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
AutumnNovember, good to see another bunny owner here! Can you post a pic? My Otto is also a holland lop, he's in my avatar, and Hannah is a mini lop - I adore loppy bunnies! I would totally get another one, and I don't think Otto would mind, but Hannah might pack up her toys and move out.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have two cats. One's four years old and the other one is just a few months younger. We'd love to get a dog someday but we'll most likely wait until we're in a house.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Elrohwen said:
AutumnNovember, good to see another bunny owner here! Can you post a pic? My Otto is also a holland lop, he's in my avatar, and Hannah is a mini lop - I adore loppy bunnies! I would totally get another one, and I don't think Otto would mind, but Hannah might pack up her toys and move out.

Sure! I love my babycakes :) He was only a baby in these pictures. These were taken in 2007. I can put some more recent ones too if you want :)

n8213151_33303577_3895.jpg

n8213151_33303590_7027.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, he is so frickin cute!!! I really wanted a broken tort colored bunny, but Otto ended up being a broken black. He's my little baby. Holland lops are seriously the cutest rabbits of all time. I'd love to see pictures of your guy all grown up!

Here's a picture of Hannah too, because she's my little princess. We've only had her for a couple months. My dad visited and took a bunch of great pictures of her yet, but he hasn't sent them to me, so I don't have many pictures of her.

OTTO_DEC_09_ADJ (40)1.jpg

Otto_Dec_09_adj (38).jpg

Hannah bunny1.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, Stop.
These bunnies are soo cute.

SO will kill me if I bring more animals in to our zoo.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny said:
OMG, Stop.
These bunnies are soo cute.

SO will kill me if I bring more animals in to our zoo.

Awww come on...who's gonna notice a cute bunny or two. On the other hand, your adorable pooches & a couple cute bunnies would definitely add up to cuteness overload.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Four-three cats and one big dog. And we love them all!

heyme

Rough_Rock
4 dogs + 3 cats + 3 rats = 10 pets

I had 13 at the beginning of the year, but since 4 of my 6 rats were about the same age and they only live 2-3 years... I lost 3 all in less than 2 months. So sad.

I'm trying to downsize my furry family, for a while, though. Gotta save some money for a home, etc.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I would hazard a guess at several thousand.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shi
diva rose said:
I don't have any at the moment but I would love 2 dogs.

One of them being an adorable shih tzu. Love them!

diva, that pic of a Shih Tzu is adorable. Poor little thing really looks angry!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have two dogs. I would love another one, but the hubby is against that. He thinks two dogs for two people is just perfect since we can each watch over one when we're out with them.

I wouldn't have a single dog ever again. My two are best buds and it's so sweet to see.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Okay, am I the only one who squeals loudly when seeing pics of these adorable bunnies? I seriously can't get enough, those pics are like crack.

We have two dogs. Two giant, drooling, shedding, delightful dogs. I would seriously love to have 3--in fact D and I discussed the logistics of possibly getting a 3rd just yesterday morning--but if I'm being honest, I'm completely at capacity. We could only feasibly get a third if I quit my job or worked part time.

I agree with those who say that 2 isn't twice as much work as 1. I get the logic behind it: if you're feeding one, feeding a second isn't twice as much work. If you're taking one for a walk, taking another dog with you isn't twice as much work. I would argue, however, that two is still a lot more work than 1. For me it's still twice the fur, twice the drool, twice the expense, twice the vet appointments, twice the poop, twice the worry.

There were times after bringing home Bo that I thought "What were we thinking!?" but I genuinely love having two dogs and probably always will have two. My only regret is not getting them closer to age (ideally we wanted to get our second when our first was 2). Now Byron is 6 and is very mellow and Bo is 1.5 and very much an energetic pup. That's the main reason D and I were discussing a 3rd yesterday--if we were going to do it, now would be the time. Unfortunately we need to throw some human kids in the mix somewhere, so I don't know how it would all work out.

Oh, and BTW, I signed on to PS quickly between dog activities--I just took the boys for a quick walk and wanted a little break before I gave them a bath...so for the next two hours I'll be battling dog fur in my eyes and mouth, haha.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
We have 2 dogs. A beagle-shelty mix who is 4, and a choco lab mix who is 2. They are BEST BUDDIES. I absolutely love having the 2 dogs. They play so well together, and only on rare occasions do they get mad at one another. They make me laugh and while sometimes they drive me nutso, I would always want 2 dogs from here on out.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I don't think I did Hannah's cuteness justice with that picture. So here's another!

I absolutely love having two buns. Having just Otto was great, and we were able to spend a ton of one-on-one time with him, but watching them snuggle and interact is so rewarding. Bonding two bunnies together can be difficult, and my bonding experience was stressful even though it was technically an easier bond, but it was totally worth it. It's a little more work, because Hannah is a little messier and gets into things a bit more than Otto ever did, but she's still very good and hasn't destroyed anything yet. I love that they always have someone to hang out with and get into trouble with. Hannah is also much braver than Otto and has taught him to jump up on the couch and try new foods. She's really a part of the family now. One of our friends calls her the "cool bunny" because she's so much more active than Otto and has so much more personality. Oh, and she enjoys being petted much more ::)

hannah outside.jpg

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Elrohwen said:
I don't think I did Hannah's cuteness justice with that picture. So here's another!

I absolutely love having two buns. Having just Otto was great, and we were able to spend a ton of one-on-one time with him, but watching them snuggle and interact is so rewarding. Bonding two bunnies together can be difficult, and my bonding experience was stressful even though it was technically an easier bond, but it was totally worth it. It's a little more work, because Hannah is a little messier and gets into things a bit more than Otto ever did, but she's still very good and hasn't destroyed anything yet. I love that they always have someone to hang out with and get into trouble with. Hannah is also much braver than Otto and has taught him to jump up on the couch and try new foods. She's really a part of the family now. One of our friends calls her the "cool bunny" because she's so much more active than Otto and has so much more personality. Oh, and she enjoys being petted much more ::)

OMG! LOVE LOVE LOVE your babies!!!!!!!!!! They are so cute!!!

I'll post some more of him all grown up in a little bit :)

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I have 2 dogs at this time and we might have pup no. 3 at some point, but 2 is good at the moment.

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
This is our Chestnut Oriental Shorthair male.
Still living with his mom

The pictures and coming and going
When I try to go directly to them.
Just click on NEW KITTENS

http://www.mysticmeows.com

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhhhh now I want a BUNNY!!! Unfortunately, I know nothing about bunnies except that Zoey likes to bark at and chase them (though I hope, fingers crossed, she would never actually injure one) Your buns are seriously so stinkin' adorable. How difficult is bunny maintenance?

Haven: Zoey loves to swim AND snuggle... I swear she's either sleeping/cuddling or going full-force-doggy-bonkers.

NEL: I was hoping you might respond, as I knew you had two pups! Ohhh the fur... How do you handle fur on hardwoods? I feel like I'm chasing constant "tumbleweeds" of fur. It's an endless battle. Fortunately, I'm only nutso about stuff being spotless right before company comes over... and all of our friends/family know we are pet-owners, so they expect to see some fur floating around :cheeky:

ZandDadSleeping.jpg

ZDivingAfterToy.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 2 dogs and 2 cats. It was always 3 cats until very recently one of my dear cats passed.;( We've had up to 4 dogs here at a time, when we've fostered and/or dog sat in the past. I've found it very manageable. We have a beagle-mix (50 lbs-ish), who very high energy. And, a greyhound, who is pretty low energy, but he does do laps in our fenced yard, and beagle-mix loves to try to catch him!!! She burns off a lot of energy that way. We will always have at least 2 dogs. They spend their days together, and even though the greyhound doesn't exactly acknowledge the beagle's existence, haha, I know she loves having him around.

In the past, I did have 3 greyhounds in a 1400 square foot home with a tiny fenced yard, and it was very manageable. We did neighborhood walks, but they would also play in the yard. It was the best. I would get another greyhound now without hesitation, but DH is not on-board, and we have a baby on the way, so we will stick with 2 dogs.

So, I vote two dogs. :bigsmile: :halo:

ETA: Zoey is a cutie. Love the water picture!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've posted this photo before. It's my favorite photo of what a typical day looks like for my little ones, albeit with less snow right now!

dogs in snow 12-20-09 res.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Pilsn, bunnies really aren't that hard. Mine are both extremely good about using their litter box, so I just have to empty that a few times a week. And honestly it's less stinky than any cat litter box I've ever been near. The biggest pain with bunnies is that they require a lot of space and a lot of stuff. We don't trust ours enough to let them have free roam all day when we're not home, so they have a huge cage area in the dining room where they stay - it's 8'x4' and takes up about 1/3 of the dining room. Basically think of them as cats that need to be locked up at times (though some people do have bunnies that are free range all the time, and if they could have their own room we might do that. They also require a lot of cardboard boxes, phonebooks, and other things to chew on, so your house tends to look a bit like a bunny haven.

And they shed a ton! I have 9.5lbs of combined bunny-age and you wouldn't believe the amount of hair when they're both shedding. It's ridiculous!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
PilsnPinkysMom said:
Ohhhhhh now I want a BUNNY!!! Unfortunately, I know nothing about bunnies except that Zoey likes to bark at and chase them (though I hope, fingers crossed, she would never actually injure one) Your buns are seriously so stinkin' adorable. How difficult is bunny maintenance?

Haven: Zoey loves to swim AND snuggle... I swear she's either sleeping/cuddling or going full-force-doggy-bonkers.

NEL: I was hoping you might respond, as I knew you had two pups! Ohhh the fur... How do you handle fur on hardwoods? I feel like I'm chasing constant "tumbleweeds" of fur. It's an endless battle. Fortunately, I'm only nutso about stuff being spotless right before company comes over... and all of our friends/family know we are pet-owners, so they expect to see some fur floating around :cheeky:

Okay, first of all, PPM, Zoey is absolutely adorable!! What a snugglebun!!

My battle with fur is constant and unrelenting, haha. I used to vacuum the main floor twice a day, but now I'm down to once per day. The hardwoods are actually easier to keep clean. We have carpet in our bedroom and I'm just glad that the dogs prefer to sleep on the tile downstairs otherwise I'd be sweeping the main floor and our bedroom every day. I'm not super duper clean either (or I wouldn't have 2 newfs), but if I don't stay on top of it, the Dyson gets overwhelmed!

After I gave the boys a bath this afternoon I tackled the floors. The fur is only half of it--the drool, salt deposits (they swim every day, but our dog walker can't dry them), sand, etc. they leave on the hardwoods is the other battle. So on Sundays I steam clean all of the floors, which takes around 2 hours. So today alone I spent an hour and a half with them at the park, 2 hours bathing and drying them, 2 hours cleaning the floors and about a half of an hour getting their meals ready for the week (I needed to chop up liver and food process the veggies because they are on a raw diet). And I still haven't tackled the vehicle because we took them hiking and swimming up in New Hampshire yesterday, which left our vehicle a mess! Totally worth it, though!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
We have two cats, one dog. I would definitely not consider adding any others to our crew. Having a dog is really hard for us since we both work long hours, I always feel guilty that he isn't getting the attention and exercise he needs. And I feel like I'm always vacuuming, it's amazing how much they can shed!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Two dogs - Bonnie and Clyde, brother-sister mini-dachshunds. They just had their 11th birthday on July 16. We've had them since they were 8 weeks old.

One cat - Coco, DSH tuxedo dilute calico. The SPCA said she was 4 years old when I adopted her on February 26, 2008.

I've got a 10 gallon aquarium that I would love to set up, but just haven't felt up to doing it yet.

We've tried to introduce another cat to Coco, twice, and she won't have any of it. She is very possessive and will be an only cat.

For the bunny lovers, I raised show rabbits while I was in FFA in high school. My most special bunny was Bosley, named for the Charlie's Angels Bosley from the TV show. He would let me carry him around on my shoulder....draped across. Most of my rabbits were New Zealand Whites, but I also had a Californian, Black Dutch and Florida Whites.

I'd love to get an indoor bunny one day....we'll have to see.

Lori

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
BUNNIES! Oh my goodness, I could look at bunny pictures for hours.

Elro--Did you give both your bunnies palindromic names on purpose? What will the next one be named? Nin? Bob? Havivah? Hee hee. SO CUTE! I LOVE THEM!!!!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Haven, we picked Otto's name just because we liked it, but I was set on Hannah for our second because it's also palindrome (and because of that kid's story, Hannah is a Palindrome, where Otto makes fun of Hannah for being a palindrome, until he realizes he's a palindrome too). DH suggested Racecar :rolleyes: Haha. If we ever got a third to bond with these guys we would probably try to keep the palindrome thing going, but for future bunnies we won't just because there aren't enough good palindrome names.

Our last name is very German, so I also thought it was cute that both bunny names are popular German names.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results