shape
carat
color
clarity

How many people did you date before you met "the ONE"?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
One long distance emotional relationship at 19, then two quick months-long guys before I met my ex. I was with the ex for just over 4.5 years before I broke my engagement and left him on New Years Day of 2007. Between January and July 2007, I was on Match.com and I was a "swinging single"
9.gif
. I dated at least seven or eight guys, two of them for a few months, but none exclusively. Then I met my FF at the end of June 2007, and we were exclusive by the end of July. I can''t imagine being with anyone else now, ever. I don''t believe in soulmates or the ONE, personally, but he''s pretty darn close.
2.gif

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m kind of a serial dater.

First bf: 4 years
Second: 1+ years
Third: 2 years
Fourth: 2+ years
Current: Almost 2 years.

There isn''t much "single" time between all of them either. My grandmother has given up on trying to remember their names.
13.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Aside from a few first dates that didn''t lead to second dates, just one guy for a few years in high school. Then I met FI in college!
36.gif
I''m the only person FI has ever dated. Apparently he had a tendency to like girls who only liked him as a friend in HS and before he met me in college.
4.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock

Depends on your definition of dating.

My FF is my first boyfriend ever.

But before him, I dated…a lot. But my dating was casually seeing people and going to dinner or the movies or to a park. Some I would go on 5 to 8 dates with, others 1 to 2. Nothing serious. None ever saw the inside of my apartment except for maybe the lucky

2.gif
few that got to pick me up instead of me meeting them somewhere.

I never liked the idea of being with one person…until I met my boyfriend. It took one date for me to drop all of the other guys I was talking to and become the world’s best girlfriend.
3.gif

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Went on a couple dates in high school, flirted, and kissed some boys.
2.gif

Met a boy freshman year of college, dated all through college and a little afterward (close to 6 years). It was fun sometimes but never quite right.

Met my FI a year before the break-up, and was electrified. Just kept things as friends though until I (finally) ended relationship #1.

Sooooo...that''s one person before FI.
9.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
For me, I dated my husband first 10.5 years ago, and then we broke up after a few months and lost touch over 6 years. I dated about 3 guys during that time apart (serial monogamist, I am), and then found my husband on one of those networking sites after searching for him for a few years. A few bad guys will show you what a good guy looks (or looked, in my case)like! We are now together for 4.5 years, married 9 months.
1.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I started dating at 15, met my DH at 35. With twenty years of experience, I''d have to say "quite a few".
9.gif

Dates. Not ''partners''. Dates.
28.gif

Maybe four important relationships. One other official engagement and one promised engagement among them.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Dated 2 other people briefly in high school and met DH when I was 17. Asked him to my prom and the rest is history. We`ve been together 20 years and have 3 beautiful children.
1.gif

Cachette
1.gif

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
I probably dated about 8 guys including my current SO - mostly just dating with 3 LTRs.

1st: 2 years - after he graduated from college, we attempted a LDR but he gave me a marriage ultimatum & I promptly ended it!
14.gif

2nd: 2 years - long story...we''ll call this one The One I Regret!
29.gif
I think we can all relate to this one - well, except those of you who are with your first love!
3rd: 1.5 years and going strong
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results