shape
carat
color
clarity

How many people did you date before you met "the ONE"?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
In the spirit of DF, I figured why not ask this question.

For me, I dated one person in high school and dated only one other person from HS through some college, so that's just two people before I met my husband, who I have been with now for over 15 years.

What about you?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um.
Non-serious, frivolous high school *relationships*-about 13ish (ETA: length being anywhere from 1 week to 3 months)

Serious relationships (the ones that meant something)
1 (3 months) first love
1 (3 years 9 months) high school sweetheart
1 (2 years) first live in boyfriend

1 (2 years 2 months and counting) THE ONE

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Quite a few
15.gif

I get really upset about it sometimes

I knew my man in high school but thought he was too good for me!
Turns out he''s juuuuuuuuuuust right!
4.gif

But, I am pathologically jealous, not of all of them, just of the ex who rudely turned up on our doorstep just to say ''hi''(to him, I guess!)one day, out of the blue - in a bikini!!
And I never thought I would be that way at all.
I dwell on it when I feel too much like a mum...
pathetic really
7.gif

He is also pathologically jealous of my ''rather colourful'' history, even though I would NEVER be rude enough to follow up on any of them!!

It does come up a bit, usually when I am joking around about sex appeal, that kind of stuff hmmm
38.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I had a number of pretty significant relationships before I started dating DH seriously- which was when I was 25 yrs old. So I would say I had 3-4 significant relationships before him (and dated a few people in between that too....but they were on a more casual level).
2.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I dated my ex for 2-3 months at 16, then met my FI a year later. He was my first serious relationship and my first love, and he is my One.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2008 9:55:36 PM
Author: Dani
I had a number of pretty significant relationships before I started dating DH seriously- which was when I was 25 yrs old. So I would say I had 3-4 significant relationships before him (and dated a few people in between that too....but they were on a more casual level).
2.gif
Not to threadjack my thread or anything, but where the h*ll are those DK band pictures.......
2.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Interesting question! I got married at 28, so I squeezed in a few ... my first relationship began at 17, ended at 24, and culminated with a broken engagement. I followed up with two bad-idea-jeans rebound relationships in quick succession, stayed single for almost two years to get my head on straight,* dated a lovely guy who just wasn''t right for me for a year and a half, and shortly after he and I broke up, fell madly and mutually in love with my best friend. We were engaged within 3 months, married within 11, and are coming up on 9 months of marriage at the end of July!

*Discounting a broad variety of terrible blind dates which were awesomely awful in and of themselves, but excellent story fodder with which to amuse my friends.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
come on ladies.....tell the truth,don''t be shy !!
innocentwhistle.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
One lengthy, two 8 monthers....

Never felt like home though.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
2 were high school sweet hearts, one went to college with me. But I felt he was stalking me, not allowing my freedom, so broke up with him.

I fell hard for a guy my sophmore year. He proposed. I loved him with all my heart, but knew we were coming from different worlds. I ended it and gave back the ring.

I met DH just after that. Wasn't looking for love, or a relationship. He and I clicked , that was it. 22 years of marriage, 26 being together since I met him.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Well, this is hard for me to answer because I met the ONE when I was 14. We started dating when I was 15 and broke up quite a few times. During those times I always dated other guys. There''s only one other that I was even mildly serious about, though. I guess the answer is 1. Thank goodness I didn''t have to kiss too many frogs!!!
28.gif
We''ve been together for 18 years and married for 13.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
We met during freshman orientation at college. He''s my first, last and only.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
How many people equal Pi2?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
First love-1.5 years, age 14-15...ahhh-gotta love that first love. So high drama.

Second boyfriend-2 years, age 16-18...meh.

Not so serious boyfriend-9 months, age 20ish...I should have just skipped this one.

The keeper-5 years and counting at age 21-26 (present)

Of course I dated several boys in between these, but these are the only ones I would call my boyfriends.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
These were all of my adult, post-18, relationships that involved more than a few dates:

D for 3 months
S for 3+ years on and off
K for a few months during an off time with S
M for 2 years, including a called-off engagement
D2 for 1 year
M2 for 3 months

Then DH, who I've been with for just over 4 years.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGuy was #2, and the first person I probably really loved. Both were long distance.

A few other flings though.
31.gif

Honestly, I was too busy having fun doing what I wanted. I saw so many of my 20 something friends find every way under the sun to screw up their relationships that I really didn''t care to spend my 20s having a relationship define me.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Serious Relationships....

3 boyfriends in college...

Than in a serious relationship for 3 years, thought he was the one, but I found out about some deal breakers just in time

Than 1.5 years to focus on me, dated a few people here and there, but nothing came of those.

Now I am happy with my current BF. We are planning our future together, so I am excited to see where things go
2.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
2 semi-serious relationships before hand. I wasn''t expecting to find my future husband, but he was so wonderful that I wasn''t letting him get away.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve only actually dated 3 guys and there was one guy that I sort of talked to for a little bit. The first two were high school boyfriends, not anything remotely serious. I talked to a guy for a few months when I first started college, but he was a closet case and that NEVER works.

After that, I was kind of like really into my school work and I wasn''t caring about finding someone. I met Nate at a club when I was out one night. When I first met him, I really couldn''t stand him. But I will totally admit that I had strong issues with trust. However he was persistent and he won me over. So, truthfully, Nate is the only guy I''ve ever been in love with. It''s just get''s better each day.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2008 10:01:55 PM
Author: butterfly 17
Date: 7/14/2008 9:55:36 PM

Author: Dani

2.gif

Not to threadjack my thread or anything, but where the h*ll are those DK band pictures.......
2.gif

Ha ha..I knew I would get myself in trouble with this....MH didnt get home till 10pm last night....and I need his help posting pics! I know, Im such a loser! So the pics are going to come hopefully by the end of the wk....Im sorry Im so lame!!!!
3.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
3 in middle school, one somewhat serious (puppy love!), even added all together though I doubt these relationships lasted more than 6 months

2 in high school, one serious, thought I was in love, but hindsight is 20/20

2 in college, one that lasted a month and one that lasted 3.5 years. I actually thought I''d marry that one, but that''s when I learned that love isn''t always enough, you need to be compatible!

The summer after college I had a bit of a fling, but it was an exclusive fling so I''ll count it, lol. I met DH while that was going on.

So, pre-DH, I had 8 relationships, only one of which lasted more than 4 months.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I changed boyfriends like I changed underwear in high school. (Which either speaks volumes about how much I dated, or volumes about how dirty I am...
2.gif
)

I dated one guy from 5 years (from 17-22), and then a couple of more guys for weeks or a month or two, and then I met FF.

Not a ton of dating experience post high school, but when you know, you know!

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Fun thread idea!

Only one before I met my fiance, but it lasted 8 years (13-21ish). Flirted and stayed single for about a year. Finally met the most amazing man, who makes my heart sing and we''ve been dating for two years now. We''ll be married next year!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I''ve dated quite a bit... In all honesty I am a completely different relationship person than I was before I met FF. He''s living proof that the minute you meet "The One", absolutely no one else matters.

T (99-01)- HS sweetheart, on and off 2.5 yrs, why didn''t I listen to my parents???
E(02-04)- First love, LDR, and still one of my best friends: 3 yrs.
C (FF now)(02)- 2 mo''s... ended very badly
D(02-05)- 2.5 yrs: college sweetheart

If you think they overlap, then you''re right. I wasn''t a great girlfriend.
38.gif
I was in love with a guy that lived 2 states away, and tried to mask the hurt of missing him by dating a guy at school. It''s ok, karma got me in the end.

C (06-??)- "The One": going on 2 yrs, but we were best friends almost 1.5 yrs before deciding to date again.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
About 1/2 a dozen, only one or two seriously prior to DH... but I''m the only person DH ever dated.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
One semi-serious BF in HS (1 1/2 yrs) and one casual 8-month relationship when I was 18-19. Then met BF when I was almost 20 and 6 years later, here we are
5.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Interesting question.

Let''s see, I was married at 30, and met DH when I was 26, so I had a few under my belt by then.

First bf, K, from 15-16
First love, M, from 16-20
BF, a different K, 20-23, ended in a broken engagement.
Got back together with first, love M - 23-24.
Several short term relationships ranging from a few weeks to a few months. Probably about 4 or 5 of those.
Met DH, W, when I was about to be 27, and have been together ever since.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I only truly dated one or two people before DH. I had a couple internet relationships, and then a couple FWB things (oh, if only I could go back and change THOSE). DH is my first long-term relationship and my first live-in guy. And I can''t even tell you how hard it was to steal him away from his ex he was renting a room from. But he was worth it :)

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I had 1 serious relationship through college and a little afterwards that lasted 5 yrs.

Then nothing for 2 ysr during my masters.

Then a serious of flings etc

I''ve been dating FI for 3 yrs now. We''ll be married in Oct 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results