shape
carat
color
clarity

How many pairs of footwear do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
What does it say that I have more footwear than most of the women that have posted so far.

34 if I didn''t miss any--and that is after I gave away about 8-10 pair to a men''s shelter and tossed another 6-8--all in the last month.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Not many... I have really bad feet and can''t wear a heel more than an inch, and that''s pushing it, so I have a hard time finding shoes!

I have:

1 pair of black Skecher tennis shoes.
1 pair of black Skecher dressy Mary Janes that I wear to work.
1 pair of black half boots for work.
1 pair of brown half boots for work.
1 pair of snow boots
2 pairs of croc sandals for summer/vacations
My silver wedding sandals
1 pair of blue peep toe mini heels that I adore but rarely get the chance to wear.
1 pair of leapord print fuzzy slippers.

And that''s it. I need more shoes, but have the darndest time finding them!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t be 100% sure because all of my shoes are not in one place. Most of my dressy boots and snow boots are in the attic because those boxes don''t fit in my closet, but I''m guessing I own 6o or maybe a little more. A lot of those are heels/pumps that only get worn when we get dressed for something, and some are really dressy for formal occasions, so I don''t know if they all count.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just now found this.

How do you want me to categorize them? I am guessing I probably have over 160 now, but I can count later. Last time I counted was when I made the "Freke''s Shoe Closet" thread and I think I was at 140 something. I can think of 10 pairs of shoes off the top of my head that I''ve bought since then.

Anyway, so categories? Satin? Heel height? Brand?

I have 6 pairs of Crocs, I know that without even looking. (This is due to me working in a shoe store, if you wear them in a shoe store that has thousands of pairs of the things, you will sell hundreds of pairs of them.) Turquoise, yellow, green, hot pink, flip flops and light blue "Mammoths".

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2009 7:57:33 PM
Author: lovegem
I don't believe it, HOW can anyone have more than 100 pair of shoes?
23.gif
You must have favor ones that you wear more often? what do you do with the rest?
Over 100 pairs is A LOT. I admit to a large sweater collection and am not able to wear all of them through the season because I'm always buying more and they stack up and then those piles tip over, etc. If I had more shoes it would be the same.

Okay my official shoe count: 20 pairs. I feel like a peasant.

Does DSW have really good sales? I'd like to head on out there and find a few new pairs for the holidays. They all need to be black, though, so DH is less likely to notice.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2009 9:13:14 AM
Author: geckodani
Not many... I have really bad feet and can''t wear a heel more than an inch, and that''s pushing it, so I have a hard time finding shoes!

I have:

1 pair of black Skecher tennis shoes.
1 pair of black Skecher dressy Mary Janes that I wear to work.
1 pair of black half boots for work.
1 pair of brown half boots for work.
1 pair of snow boots
2 pairs of croc sandals for summer/vacations
My silver wedding sandals
1 pair of blue peep toe mini heels that I adore but rarely get the chance to wear.
1 pair of leapord print fuzzy slippers.

And that''s it. I need more shoes, but have the darndest time finding them!
Geckodani - beautiful baby! Congrats. Sorry, I don''t read any of the baby threads so I''m not up to date on all the news there.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My best friend and her husband are total fashionista's. They have sooooooooo many designer clothes and shoes. Last time I went to Hong Kong to visit them, she showed me her shoes collection, as of now. They're stored in a room by themselves (they have 3 bedrooms, 1 living room and 1 study). Just her shoes alone, I reckon about 200-250 pairs - ALL designer shoes!!
6.gif

I am not as much of a shoe person (more like a diamond person - as you prob already know!
11.gif
) but I do love pretty shoes. I had about 40-50 pairs before we moved to Shanghai. I had to get rid of some (translating to giving away) when we moved, as in Singapore we lived in a 3,500 sq ft 6-bedroom house, whereas our apartment in SH is a 3-bedder of approx 2,000-2,500 sq ft (I don't know the exact liveable area, since here in Asia, they tend to count hallway, lifts, gym, reception area in yr footage!!
4.gif
). I own about 15 pairs now which include 3 pairs of boots and the rest are mostly high heeled shoes - both closed toed and open toed shoes/ high heeled sandals. I don't own any flip flops (I'm not a flip flop kind of gal) nor any crocs.

I love designer shoes and have a weakness for Gucci and Choo's. I also love CL and MB but haven't bought any yet. I think it's about time I bought some, ha ha!!
31.gif

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad I''m not the only one here who isn''t a shoe person. I HATE shopping for shoes. Trying to find the right size and something comfortable. And I really hate that when I finally find something I can stand, I don''t want to wear them because they turn out to be uncomfortable.
The last time I bought a pair of shoes was two years ago when B and I went to a concert and I discovered I had nothing to wear with my dress.

I have:

1 pair boots that I wear everyday (dress boot with heel)
1 pair tennis shoes that get worn in winter when it is snowy, for camping, and for yardwork (I''ve had them for 10 years now -- and they are falling apart)
1 pair black heels for dresses
1 pair white canvas shoes (for Tisha B'' Av & Yom Kippur)

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2009 2:36:24 PM
Author: MC
Geckodani - beautiful baby! Congrats. Sorry, I don't read any of the baby threads so I'm not up to date on all the news there.
He's my nephew.
9.gif
But thanks! I love him bunches. I think he has more shoes than me at this point.

ETA: I should add a note in my signature. There.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2009 3:30:06 PM

Geckodani - beautiful baby! Congrats. Sorry, I don''t read any of the baby threads so I''m not up to date on all the news there.
He''s my nephew.
9.gif
But thanks! I love him bunches. I think he has more shoes than me at this point.

Nephews are even better. Means you get a good nights sleep. Nothing worse than getting up every 2 hours for diaper changes. It''s funny that he has shoes considering babies LOVE to take their shoes off. My kids mostly just wore old navy socks no matter where we were. When it was cold their feet would get layered with two pairs of socks. lol

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2009 4:12:33 PM

Date: 11/17/2009 3:30:06 PM

He''s my nephew.
9.gif

Nephews are even better. Means you get a good nights sleep. Nothing worse than getting up every 2 hours for diaper changes. It''s funny that he has shoes considering babies LOVE to take their shoes off. My kids mostly just wore old navy socks no matter where we were. When it was cold their feet would get layered with two pairs of socks. lol
I agree! My sister is obsessed with cute little shoes and socks though, LOL!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Only wear about 10 of those, though.

FI literally has 6 pairs, including his sandals. 6.
23.gif

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Four pairs of boots, running shoes, hiking shoes, black and silver heels, flip flops, three pairs of flats, and beach shoes. So... 13? Actually that''s more than I thought! And I only really wear four pairs consistently.

I''d like more shoes but there would be no where to put them anyway! DH and I share ONE closet.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I have a few
2.gif
...off the top of my head:

3 pairs daily tennies in brown, black and pink/purple Hardy''s.
3 pairs old tennies that could get donated
5 pairs black/brown flats for work
5 pairs of flippy floppies
3 pairs of boots
1 uggs
1 black stilettos
7 black/brown work heels
1 pair of doc sandals from HS
9 pairs of colored heels
1 pair colored flats

So 39 that I can think of.
9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um. Because of this thread I decided to put together a spreadsheet of my shoes. So far I''m at 87, and since I''m stuck at school, I can''t actually count yet. Soon enough...

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have too many pairs, but I ogle a LOT, lol.

1 rainboots
1 snowboots
1 moccasins
1 pumas
1 Nike mesh running shoes
2 flip flops(target, Adidas)
1 multi-colored flats
4 heels (gold, silver, two different syle black open toe)
3 track sprinting spikes (used to pole vault, have no idea why I still have these)

15ish? There may be a few more, but not that many.

some of you have quite the collections!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3 pairs of brown leather shoes
2 pairs black shoes
4 pairs sandals
1 pair flip flops
1 pair boots
1 pair slippers
plus I have my wedding shoes in the attic=13

I actually want to get rid of a couple shoes that are old and worn and replace them, but I''m not a shoe person so shopping for them seems arduous

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/17/2009 7:08:46 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Um. Because of this thread I decided to put together a spreadsheet of my shoes. So far I''m at 87, and since I''m stuck at school, I can''t actually count yet. Soon enough...

This post made me laugh out loud. That''s all!

Can''t wait to hear about ALL of your shoes Freke!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Boots: 7
Winter boots: 1
Flats: 15
Flip flops/casual sandals: 27
Crocs: 6
Slippers: 7
Sneakers: 6
High heels: 94

For a grand total of 163.

Did I mention I got rid of 4 pairs of boots the other day?

These all fit in the walk-in closet I share with FI. There were some pictures of it back in my shoe closet thread...although it has been rearranged since then...

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have the energy to count but I''m guessing around 50.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Uh Hmmmm, Freke, you owe me a pair and I could use some tan boots, in you have those lying around. Or even a vanilla colored to watch my new purse.
35.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have any tan boots, and I do have a pair of creamy "pearl" colored ones, but I ain''t giving them up. They haven''t even been worn yet!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
do you work in a shoe store because of your shoe passion /obsession or do you collect shoes because you work in a shoe store?
9.gif

Date: 11/17/2009 12:59:58 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Just now found this.

How do you want me to categorize them? I am guessing I probably have over 160 now, but I can count later. Last time I counted was when I made the ''Freke''s Shoe Closet'' thread and I think I was at 140 something. I can think of 10 pairs of shoes off the top of my head that I''ve bought since then.

Anyway, so categories? Satin? Heel height? Brand?

I have 6 pairs of Crocs, I know that without even looking. (This is due to me working in a shoe store, if you wear them in a shoe store that has thousands of pairs of the things, you will sell hundreds of pairs of them.) Turquoise, yellow, green, hot pink, flip flops and light blue ''Mammoths''.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t work there anymore. But I would say it was the former. I only worked there for 3 months, and I used that discount to my best advantage in that short amount of time. And actually in the two years since I worked there, is when I have accrued most of my collection.
1.gif

I love my shoes dagnabit!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
We are a diverse crowd when it comes to shoes!

Thumbs up to Elmorton''s organizational scheme.

I have:
black lace up danskos
red clog danskos
red heeled danskos
2pair dansko sandals, red and black
2 pair saucony jazz red and mint
silver flats from wedding

Life is hard as a 9.5 AA. I can''t really get shoes on sale, just special order a pair every few years so I envy you sale shoe ladies, but I firmly believe that you get what you pay for. I am blissfully comfortable and I pay for it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
About 15 pairs

- Not a shoe person (the more shoes you have the harder it is to figure out which ones to wear IMO!)
- I live in FL so no heavy duty warm shoes required
- I am a SHAM

How many do I wear on a regular basis - 4 pair
38.gif
(2 pair of sandals in the
summer and 2 pair of slip on clog like shoes in the winter).

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
As far as guys go, I''m a self-professed shoe whore with about 25 pairs of casual dress shoes which are not sneakers... DSW is the Motherland as far as I''m concerned! Okay, maybe it''s not as exciting as Home Depot or Lowe''s but DSW is a close second! There''s a small room in our house located just off of the master bedroom which is intended to be a sewing room or office which Valerie has deemed a future closet... I never should have introduced that girl to Designer Shoe Warehouse (DSW)!

By ''casual dress shoes'' I''m referring to those which were bought to go with Lucky Jeans and Tommy Bahama shirts which are my other weaknesses... Thankfully the PX on the base where my son was stationed for awhile carried Tommy Bahama at about a third of the retail price so my son has helped me up over the years
2.gif

Sadly, I managed to pick up about an extra 25 pounds during the lawsuit which was filed against me by Robin''s family (late wife, decided in my favor) and my Lucky''s and Tommy''s are sitting to the side of the closet waiting for me to get back into them... Tragic! But definitely motivational.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock

I’ve been trying to make a list for more than an hour now. lol I’m at work so I can’t count them, but maybe around 45-50 pairs (that I can think of.) Much more than I really need and far less than I want.

9.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I''m going to make the list before I count and see how many I remember ....

1 pair tall black boots - Via Spiga, very Victorian.
1 pair tall black boots - Guess, very biker.
1 pair silver loafers - Via Spiga
1 pair gold ballet flats - gift from a friend
1 pair incredibly awesome red velvet shoes with rhinestone ankle strap - best Oxfam find EVER.
1 pair red granny shoes
1 pair red loafers
1 pair red pumps
1 pair red velvet sandals
1 pair red patent leather sandals
1 pair red patent leather pumps that are the sexiest things in existence
(look, I have a *theme*, okay?)
1 pair purple pumps
1 pair patent leather pumps
1 pair patent leather loafers
2 pairs flippy sandals
2 pairs flat sandals
1 pair awesome virulent green patent leather point-toed loafers with huge buckle that make me feel like Elphaba on a good hair day
1 pair caramal colored peep-toe sandals that I''ve owned for three years and never worn
1 pair Isabella Fiorucci platforms in exotic snakeskin
1 pair Nicole Miller bondage-y shoes with back zipper and ankle strap
1 pair Via Spiga tap-type shoes
1 pair interview pumps
1 pair sneakers, glitzy
2 pairs sandals, every-day
1 pair comfy shoes I just found that I haven''t worn in ages, and ought to
1 pair red Doc Martens, knee-high
1 pair short boots

So ... thirty, off the top of my head. Will check in the closet and see how many I missed later!

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
I think around 20 pairs for me:

black ballet flats < as close as I get to "casual", I despise flip flops with the white-hot burning passion of thousand suns
brown ballet flats
bright green patent leather pumps < it's amazing how many things go with these...or that I pretend do.
9.gif

black oxford high-heel booties
brown tweed pumps
black and white snakeskin pumps
brown pumps with bows on the toe and orange stitching
brown slouchy high-heel booties
black and purple peeptoe pumps with metal rivets < my go-to "going out" shoe, rubber sole = win
hot pink geometric peep-toe heels
blue and grey snakeskin pumps
shiny gold metallic snakeskin pumps
black and tan spectator-style peeptoe pumps
plain black pointy-toe pumps < my "mumsy" shoes for conservative client meetings, but they still show toe cleavage so not too mumsy
red suede mary janes with flower stitching < my christmas shoes!
knee-high slouchy black boots
knee-high skin-tight black stiletto boots < because you have to, am I right?
knee-high slouchy brown boots
one forlorn pair of brand-new tennis shoes that haven't been touched in two years
one ancient pair of leather sandals that only get brought out when I will be walking on sand for most of the day

AND

My brand-new wedding shoes!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results