shape
carat
color
clarity

How is this Princess?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Using your example, the information you''ve provided to us would be like, "I have a fast processor, but want one that is faster, that performs better". Both are 3 gig, and no other information is provided.

Now, what you''re coming across with us "anal" diamond lovers is the fact that we care first and foremost about cut. The other C''s are fine and dandy, but they''re really just a matter of personal preference. IMO, if you can''t tell the difference between a D colored stone and a K, go for the K. The same goes for clarity--why pay for something you can''t see? I don''t think I would ever pay for a flawless stone when it requires a loupe to see the difference between it and an eye clean SI stone. As for carat size, that too is a personal preference.

BUT, when it comes to cut, why pay for a diamond when it''s going to look worse than a dirty CZ? If you don''t care about a diamond''s performance, why not save money and get zircon (not CZ), a white sapphire, or a similar white stone? They''re all gemstones that are very pretty but just don''t measure up to a well cut diamond.

What we''re trying to help you discover is if this stone is going to leak light, not have optimal fire, or lack the desired brilliance. If you could care less about these things, go ahead and buy the stone. It''s not going to be a dud based on the limited information you''ve provided, but it may end up being an average princess instead of a diamond that is truly spectacular.

The choice is yours.

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hey Guys!

I just wanted to chime in here quickly and let you know that Jeff and I have had a chance to talk on the phone and we''ve come up with a plan to try and get him the answers he needs to make an informed decision. Once Jeff has that information I think he''ll be in a better position to figure out which (if any) of his current diamond selections fit the bill. Who knows - he may even post some of the data here at PS!

trying to help -

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey jim
35.gif
nice to see you here.
1.gif

glad you're trying to help. do you have any information to offer about the sarin that was posted for this stone?

Rockingout

Rough_Rock
Sorry to be the one that does it but... here are some great options if the the current diamond you are looking at does not work out.

http://www.diamondexpert.com/diamonds/dbs.cgi?sf=detd.setup.cgi&active=active&stock=PR10004541&submit_search=1
its about 300 dollars more that the one you are looking at, but you get better clarity and color by one grade. The mm size difference is pretty small. It has a beautiful ASET and idealscope and also a picture of it. You can also see all the measurements from the certificate. AGS-0 is the way to go with princess cuts these days. Alot of information provided so the buyer can make a sound decision and they. Plus they provide perforance.

http://www.diamondexpert.com/diamonds/dbs.cgi?sf=detd.setup.cgi&active=active&stock=PR20003551&submit_search=1
its an AGS-1 because of the finish, but has 0 for light performance. Still a beauty I am sure

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results