shape
carat
color
clarity

How frustrating!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockaholic

Rough_Rock
I can''t believe this! We placed an order at Michael C. Fina for a setting last week and was told that the order was going to be placed this Monday. We called to follow up on Monday to make sure that everything went well and to confirm the price. They told us on Monday that the order has been placed and to call back by the end of the week to confirm the price. So that we did. Called them today, and guess what!! NOTHING has been done yet because apparently they need the stone in order to make the mold!! When we placed the order last week, we had the stone with us and asked whether they needed it, and they said no... Now they come back and tell us that they need it... We''re kind of on a tight schedule and they just wasted a week of our time. The most frustrating part is that NOBODY called us about it all week, so basically, if we didn''t call them, then we would be sitting here thinking that the setting is already being made!!

I hope that no one here on PS will have to go through with such poor service. I would expect a little more from a reputable store like MCF...

Thank you for reading up to this point. I do have a quick question, when you leave a loose stone with a store, what kind of documentation should I get from them? What if they lose or damage the stone?

Frustrated,
~rockaholic~

Carolynw

Shiny_Rock
I also had trouble with Michael Fina in New York. I went somewhere else that sells all the top designer rings in Fairfield,CT, they have much better customer service and much better selection in the showroom. If you would like the name, please PM me.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, they stink. We made the mistake of registering with them and it was a nightmare. They messed up our list endlessly, we got duplicates and things we didn''t want, etc. etc. Their customer service was atrocious--I felt like once they got us to register with them they knew they''d get all that money out of our friends no matter what, so they didn''t care how they treated us. What a nightmare, I''m never shopping there again for anything.

Melinda

Shiny_Rock
Rockaholic,

Oh no! I''m so sorry to hear that a store like MBF would pull something like that. I can only imagine how disappointed and frustrated you must feel. That''s unacceptable. I was in the store last week during my lunch break and met with Dwight to look at some styles. Well, now I won''t use them..

rockaholic

Rough_Rock
Thank you Carolyn, glitterata, and Melinda for your feedback. I hope that more people will read this thread and can be warned of the terrible service. We made a deposit already, so I don''t think we have a choice but to go with them. Plus, I am in love with the Vera Wang setting, and only they carry it in NY... (sigh)

I will keep you all posted on the progress. Will be going there tomorrow to drop off the stone... Wish me luck!

~rockaholic~

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
Rock, there is a Vera Wang store, the flagship, in NYC its on Madison ave, and I believe 73rd street. I would think they would have there settings there. It is in a hotel, on there website, Verawang.com they give the address and all that.
hope that helps

rockaholic

Rough_Rock

Thanks for the info pad3006.

We dropped the stone off with MCF on saturday. They say it should take 4-6weeks, so hopefully all will go well. We will be calling them during this time just to make sure everything is on track... Really don''t want anymore surprises!!

~rockaholic~

14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results