shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you wear your wedding set most of the time?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
I plan on wearing both band and Ering because my ering isnt all that big and it won''t be a problem to wear them both.

Only 8 more months until I do get to wear them both though!!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I wear both my e-ring and w-ring on my left hand almost all of the time--unless I''m working around the house...ha
3.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Wow, reading your post is like a flashback to a year ago for me! Last Xmas, DH and I decided to give each other our wedding bands as presents (since we needed to purchase them before the wedding anyway). I got the matching one for my e-ring and HAAAATED it, so after a lot of debate (thought about wearing my engagement on my right hand, as the wedding band, etc). we exchanged it for a .25 rb 3/4 eternity. It's thiiiiin and I would never wear it without my e-ring...but it's GORGEOUS and I love the look together (even though I never thought I'd love ANYTHING with my e-ring).

Fastforward to this Xmas - my w-band is so dainty that I'm terrified I'm going to lose one of the stones when I'm working out, cleaning, etc and I hate the idea of not wearing a ring at all. At first, I wanted a rolling ring, but DH was upset because he thought I was saying that I didn't like my wedding set anymore and wanted something new. Not at all, but we compromised - I found a thinner version of his wedding band and we're going to have the same message that is in his band engraved into my new one (the inscription was part of our vows). I'm completely with you - I'm a romantic and I want to wear the ring that we said vows with, but my band is really just too thin and delicate for me to be comfortable wearing. Having the same band as DH though makes me feel like my second band is still very much a wedding band. Also, after Xmas, we plan to ask our priest to bless my new ring as well.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I wear my rings together everyday. I love them together.
30.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was kind of in the same dilemma-I was initially going to get the lucida eternity band as my wedding ring but when I was getting my e-ring this summer I tried on the plain lucida band with my ring and it looked so classic and stunning. So we''ve decided that I''ll get the plain band for my wedding band and then when I graduate from college 2 years after we get married, he''ll get me the lucida eternity band to wear as a RHR.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2007 3:40:48 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Together on the left every day.

Ditto......and here''s the funny thing.

I spent INORDINATE amounts of time angsting on how I was gonna finagle a ''straight'' wedding band with a 3-stone ring; I didn''t want it curved because I didn''t want it to look odd when I wore it alone.

HA - as IF! I''ve been married 3.5 years now, and I''ve NEVER intentionally worn my wedding band alone.

Had I realized how infrequently that would happen, I''d probably have done things a bit differently. I''d have opted to get a wedding ring fitted to my e-ring, and then I''d have bought a *separate* 7-stone or eternity band for those rare times I may want to wear only a wedding band.

Disclaimer: We aren''t having children, and that makes a difference for some. Many women take off their e-rings and wear wedding bands only when their children are small to avoid scratching their faces, etc. HOWEVER....I still think it would be a better idea to get a separate band for such uses.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2007 5:20:38 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 12/5/2007 5:03:56 PM
Author: Elmorton

I''m completely with you - I''m a romantic and I want to wear the ring that we said vows with, but my band is really just too thin and delicate for me to be comfortable wearing. Having the same band as DH though makes me feel like my second band is still very much a wedding band. Also, after Xmas, we plan to ask our priest to bless my new ring as well.
I love that you''re having your ring blessed.
This was me as well. When I was engaged, I really really wanted to do the traditional thing and just have ONE w-band w/ ONE e-ring, that I wear together on the left hand, although I too wanted to be able to wear the w-band alone whenever, and I wanted the sentimentality of the ones we made our vows with, and that were blessed in the ceremony. As it turned out, my ring came in the wrong width a week before the wedding, and I was so disappointed! So I went and bought a "backup" wedding ring, just so that I could always keep the one that got blessed in the ceremony. When I talked to the priest about it, he was like "when you get the right ring we can just bless that one after the wedding." Kinda like, no big deal. As it turned out, the jeweler was able to last minute get the right ring in time, so in the end, the priest blessed both the backup ring and the right ring during the ceremony, and when all was said and done, I thought, it really wasn''t such a big deal, since the priest can indeed bless it later and/or bless 2 rings at the ceremony. And since then I''ve met so many women who later on for an anniversary, either changed their ring or whatever, and I thought, " I shouldn''t have stressed myself out so much about all this..." (Even though the sentimental part of me is very glad that the wedding ring I wear did indeed get blessed in the ceremony.)

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2007 6:49:59 PM
Author: musey

Date: 12/4/2007 6:40:32 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Yup, me too. If I am washing or cleaning something however, I take off my engagement ring. I always wear my band.
This is why I feel like I should have the plain one...

This is exactly what I do. I always wear my wedding band and engagement ring, but when it starts to get cold and my fingers shrink, I stick the 1 mm baguette band in there to bling things up and keep my ring from turning.

Inevitably, it squishes my finger into sausage like proportions - but, oh well!
2.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/6/2007 1:32:37 PM
Author: aljdewey

Ditto......and here''s the funny thing.

I spent INORDINATE amounts of time angsting on how I was gonna finagle a ''straight'' wedding band with a 3-stone ring; I didn''t want it curved because I didn''t want it to look odd when I wore it alone.
Had I realized how infrequently that would happen, I''d probably have done things a bit differently. I''d have opted to get a wedding ring fitted to my e-ring, and then I''d have bought a *separate* 7-stone or eternity band for those rare times I may want to wear only a wedding band.
Disclaimer: Many women take off their e-rings and wear wedding bands only when their children are small to avoid scratching their faces, etc. HOWEVER....I still think it would be a better idea to get a separate band for such uses.
Ditto to much of this. I do wear my wedding ring at home when sleeping and sometimes when cleaning, but generally always wear them together out of the house. So I too might have opted for the 2-ring solution, and as I said in the previous post just get them both blessed at the wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results