shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you wash your towels?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Hot water, powder detergent. No softner. Towel cycle in dryer--or if the weather if fine light dry then outside for the rest. I don;t mind them a little "crunchy" from outdoors...

cheers--Sharon

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate soft towels, I like em a little scratchy.
It removes the dead skin that the hot shower didn't get.
I just throw them in with everything else.

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
I had NO idea that fabric softener could alter absorbency!

OK, so a couple follow up questions, then. If I stop using softener from now on, will my towels absorb better in the future once softener is washed out - or is it a permanent thing?

Does this concept also apply to my sports shirts with "wicking?"

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I thought this was kindda a funny question, but I am soooooo wrong - never heard about the softner effect, but what about the nasty smell to the facecloths even after they are washed and have been put through the dryer - that sour smell?! What can be done for that - sorry not trying to hijack your thread - thought it just kindda went with it :} thanks :D

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I''m definitely going to try the vinegar thing!

I have an AEG front loader and I wash our towels (and sheets) at 60°C because that''s the temperature that kills house dust mites, which Mr Gailey is allergic to.

4 dryer balls, no softener (in anything), and no bounce with the towels.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2009 9:41:49 PM
Author:pinkstars
I''m extremely curious about how other people wash their towels.

I wash them with detergent and then dry them using a bounce sheet.

BF''s mom has left us with instructions on how to wash the towels and underlined for us not to use any fabric softner.
Her towels are insanely rough though!
She must have meant that she doesn''t want liquid softener, like Downy, on her towels. Downy makes them less ''thirsty'' when you have to dry off. Bounce and other dryer sheets will not have that same effect.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 9:16:29 AM
Author: wifey2b
Ok, I thought this was kindda a funny question, but I am soooooo wrong - never heard about the softner effect, but what about the nasty smell to the facecloths even after they are washed and have been put through the dryer - that sour smell?! What can be done for that - sorry not trying to hijack your thread - thought it just kindda went with it :} thanks :D
For wash cloths, I will wash them in hot water, on the heavy cycle, with oxyclean and detergent, and add an extra rinse. Just in case you have extra sensitive facial skin, maybe even do a second rinse.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results