shape
carat
color
clarity

HOW do i get David Klass to respond to me?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Someone on here (I can’t remember who) has worked with DeBebians a few times, were very happy, and I think it was said they were pretty similar in experience to DK.
Maybe try them?

That’s is @swaye2010 . I have also worked with them. They do have a similar price point. The work was beautiful though I did have a small hiccup but it wouldn’t prevent me from working w them again.

I've contacted DK in the past for a couple of potential projects. Fortunately they responded to me within a couple of days both times. I wonder if it may have helped that I was pretty specific on what I was looking for? E.g. "I want something like this [pic attached] in platinum and in a size X. How much?" I think once was via email and the other was via IG. One of my inspo pieces was made by them. So I found the post on IG and DMed them through that. Not sure if that mattered, but maybe worth a try?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've contacted DK in the past for a couple of potential projects. Fortunately they responded to me within a couple of days both times. I wonder if it may have helped that I was pretty specific on what I was looking for? E.g. "I want something like this [pic attached] in platinum and in a size X. How much?" I think once was via email and the other was via IG. One of my inspo pieces was made by them. So I found the post on IG and DMed them through that. Not sure if that mattered, but maybe worth a try?

I was just thinking the same thing... when I reached out, I had pretty specific parameters and it was a design he had executed before.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
I was just thinking the same thing... when I reached out, I had pretty specific parameters and it was a design he had executed before.
That has been the cases, for me. My first email is about 90% ‘there’ with an example photo or a hand sketch.

I suppose it should be said that DK is stealer in the above cases where you have a pretty refined idea of what you want. An email that says something more like, ‘I am looking for a floral, art nouveau style ring to hold a round diamond’ is not his speciality. I have no doubt he could achieve a design in that less specific case, but goven the volumes issues right now…

How specific was your request? My last project, I gave him a photo, a sketch, stone dimensions, ring size, metal choice, and miligrain locations in the first email. We had a final approved CAD within 2 edits.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Tagging @swaye2010 because I think she enjoys working with DeBebians.
I’m sorry you haven’t had success hearing back from DK. He does sometimes take a little while to get back but they must be so busy right now.

Yes - Sam is so easy to deal with or his partner Maggie. I can’t deal with the delays with other vendors. It is easier because their trade’s are in house. You can email either of them with their name - sam @ debebians.com or Maggie using the same email ending. I usually call the first time so I can discuss a project and then do email after that. I can typically get him the same day I call. He is working on my precision cut OEC halo with pear side stones. I am told it will be ready by next week. This is like a 3 week turnaround for precision cuts stones and making the setting. It took a bit longer when I had my sapphire OEC halo ring done because of the holiday’s but this is the quality of the ring below.
39E63CD4-B43D-45D9-AA25-7EF1582A032A.jpeg

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock
Yes - Sam is so easy to deal with or his partner Maggie. I can’t deal with the delays with other vendors. It is easier because their trade’s are in house. You can email either of them with their name - sam @ debebians.com or Maggie using the same email ending. I usually call the first time so I can discuss a project and then do email after that. I can typically get him the same day I call. He is working on my precision cut OEC halo with pear side stones. I am told it will be ready by next week. This is like a 3 week turnaround for precision cuts stones and making the setting. It took a bit longer when I had my sapphire OEC halo ring done because of the holiday’s but this is the quality of the ring below.
39E63CD4-B43D-45D9-AA25-7EF1582A032A.jpeg

E5286627-4F44-463B-A80D-BA16470AFDD2.jpeg
0DD37993-B6B2-4588-8244-5C4534D42DE5.jpeg
45A4BE29-26AF-4C39-931E-B42336F6FD7D.jpeg

That’s is @swaye2010 . I have also worked with them. They do have a similar price point. The work was beautiful though I did have a small hiccup but it wouldn’t prevent me from working w them again.

I just contacted Sam.Thank you guys so much for recommending, I am excited to see his quote!

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock
That has been the cases, for me. My first email is about 90% ‘there’ with an example photo or a hand sketch.

I suppose it should be said that DK is stealer in the above cases where you have a pretty refined idea of what you want. An email that says something more like, ‘I am looking for a floral, art nouveau style ring to hold a round diamond’ is not his speciality. I have no doubt he could achieve a design in that less specific case, but goven the volumes issues right now…

How specific was your request? My last project, I gave him a photo, a sketch, stone dimensions, ring size, metal choice, and miligrain locations in the first email. We had a final approved CAD within 2 edits.

Thank you so much and this advice totally makes sense! My request was really straight forward and simple, I did send pictures (but seriously its very simple, no milligrain or anything). I guess they are just super in demand right now.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much and this advice totally makes sense! My request was really straight forward and simple, I did send pictures (but seriously its very simple, no milligrain or anything). I guess they are just super in demand right now.

I hope it works out well for you. This should be fun and not a frustrating process. I try to tell myself that every time I start dealing with any new vendor.

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock
I hope it works out well for you. This should be fun and not a frustrating process. I try to tell myself that every time I start dealing with any new vendor.

thank you so much! the economy is at a weird place i think. i find myself quite often being over-the-top nice and almost begging vendors to take my business these days

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you so much! the economy is at a weird place i think. i find myself quite often being over-the-top nice and almost begging vendors to take my business these days

It really is a weird time… I wish you much luck, and I can’t wait to see the finished piece!

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock
It really is a weird time… I wish you much luck, and I can’t wait to see the finished piece!

I'll definitely post it here, appreciate it! :)

Crazyaboutrings68

Shiny_Rock
I contacted DK through his Etsy shop on March 3 and he just replied back to me yesterday. So he must be crazy busy. But he had the CAD done today and is very responsive to any changes I’ve wanted and has been very quick to reply back to me from his aol account now. Maybe try his Etsy shop.

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock
I contacted DK through his Etsy shop on March 3 and he just replied back to me yesterday. So he must be crazy busy. But he had the CAD done today and is very responsive to any changes I’ve wanted and has been very quick to reply back to me from his aol account now. Maybe try his Etsy shop.

Thank you so much! i ended up NOT giving up (lol) and called them a few more times, and Amy finally picked up. I appreciate all the help and reassurance on this thread! it definitely shouldnt be this hard!

currently in talks with sam from debebbian too :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results