shape
carat
color
clarity

HOW do i get David Klass to respond to me?

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone heard from David Klass? I have sent 2 emails, an IG DM and Amy a text over the last few weeks and gotten 0 response. I'm so confused. I would prefer a "we arent interested in your project" over this ghosting. And they are actively posting and engaging with social media comments.

Any ideas/tips?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They have been posting videos on their FB page.

DK :))

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock
They have been posting videos on their FB page.

DK :))

I know, I mentioned them still posting in my post above - getting them to acknowledge me is the hard part!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I’ve called them in the past when I hadn’t heard back after some time. They responded to my email quickly after that. Might be worth a try.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Four attempts, by different methods, over several weeks, hmm. I don't know their policies but IF there's reason to think they've decided to give you a pass (like requesting quotes/CADs a few times without having a piece made, etc.) then maybe you should just move on to someone else. Good luck with it.

Last edited:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Just an FYI that posting on social doesn't necessarily mean anything since someone else probably does that promotional stuff. It is weird that it has been weeks and nothing. As others have mentioned I would pick up the phone (and I loathe making phone calls lol I mean who does that anymore?!).

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm he responded to me within 24 hours and has previously also. I did contact through his esty website however

auburngirl06

Rough_Rock
I waited 7 days for a response and was about to send another e-mail and on a whim I checked my junk mail and there it was. He had responded the next day. Go check your spam!

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock
I waited 7 days for a response and was about to send another e-mail and on a whim I checked my junk mail and there it was. He had responded the next day. Go check your spam!

Thanks for the advice! I checked my spam. Also its gmail so any responses get tacked onto the thread, still nothing:/

Everyone has their own tolerances and patience. 4 failed contact attempts is beyond mine

Yes, I do feel that I sometimes have to beg vendors to allow me to give them my business :/ do you know anyone similar to DK that could make a custom necklace / necklace setting?

Just an FYI that posting on social doesn't necessarily mean anything since someone else probably does that promotional stuff. It is weird that it has been weeks and nothing. As others have mentioned I would pick up the phone (and I loathe making phone calls lol I mean who does that anymore?!).

I feel really awkward calling because I figure they have seen my text, DM, and emails and are just now ignoring me. Which is weird. But I might do this as a last ditch effort..

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock
Four attempts, by different methods, over several weeks, hmm. I don't know their policies but IF there's reason to think they've decided to give you a pass (like requesting quotes/CADs a few times without having a piece made, etc.) then maybe you should just move on to someone else. Good luck with it.

Thank you. I've only reached out once and followed through/completed the project within a month in November. Ugh

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’d go elsewhere. Jewellery should be fun not stressful, and dk doesn’t seem to have a signature aesthetic that you’d be buying in to. If you’ve tried several mediums to contact them without response, onwards and upwards I say.

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock
I’d go elsewhere. Jewellery should be fun not stressful, and dk doesn’t seem to have a signature aesthetic that you’d be buying in to. If you’ve tried several mediums to contact them without response, onwards and upwards I say.

Thanks, I would've moved on by now if I knew of someone similar I could go to to create this necklace

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Well since there's no apparent reason they might have decided to not work with you, I'd think it's just one of those things that happens occasionally. From the other posts on here, it seems people have had better luck with a phone call so why not try that. That's what I'd do. You probably just fell through the cracks somehow.

WDWDiamond

Shiny_Rock
They must be really busy. I emailed them two weeks ago and haven’t heard back either.

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
I understand your angst, my two stone ring is almost done after maybe a year. ( well it feels like a year) The delays are partially my fault due to vacillating between designs and engravings.
This has been a tough year for them, they’ve had multiple staff members out due to illness including one jeweler hospitalized in the ICU with COVID. Try to call Amy, see if you can speak with her. Leave her a voicemail if you don’t get through. Not sure what their actual shop/ staff size is and if there are other factors that are impacting their product turn over and completion.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
DK has always been quite responsive to me via email, using the AOL address. That said, remember that emails do get lost to spam and the like. A few months ago one of David’s emails to me with a CAD change ended up in Spam. No idea why - it was a reply to an active thread. Something about the embedded image file was not making google happy. Anyway, it took me doing a global sender search in my 28k messages to find it.

That doesn’t apply to texts sent to DK, but it’s worth bearing in mind, generally.

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all. Checked spam, tried calling (it only ran a couple times) and still nothing

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone on here (I can’t remember who) has worked with DeBebians a few times, were very happy, and I think it was said they were pretty similar in experience to DK.
Maybe try them?

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock
Someone on here (I can’t remember who) has worked with DeBebians a few times, were very happy, and I think it was said they were pretty similar in experience to DK.
Maybe try them?

Yes i definitely need alternative recommendations, so that is super helpful, thanks so much!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been in contact with him over the last 2 weeks multiple times, via his AOL email. They are slammed right now and may be taking longer than normal to get back with you. Please try not to take it personally. Email has always worked best for me, but have you tried calling?

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock
I've been in contact with him over the last 2 weeks multiple times, via his AOL email. They are slammed right now and may be taking longer than normal to get back with you. Please try not to take it personally. Email has always worked best for me, but have you tried calling?

I am trying, thank you for the reminder it does help! Yes I called, texted, and dmd on IG. :/

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am trying, thank you for the reminder it does help! Yes I called, texted, and dmd on IG. :/

I know it's frustrating... they are super busy. I would send another email, and if you don't hear back within 3-4 days, then I would call to follow up... or just call now. :)

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tagging @swaye2010 because I think she enjoys working with DeBebians.
I’m sorry you haven’t had success hearing back from DK. He does sometimes take a little while to get back but they must be so busy right now.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrsctobe -

Just one extra piece of info - DKJ don't respond to DMs through insta. They get hundreds a day and it's too much. They've never advertised that as a way of contacting them as the volume is just beyond their capabilities.

If you can give me an idea how they can recognize you, I'll reach out to them for you and let them know you're trying to reach them. Either your name or your project should work. Also the dates you sent emails.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results