shape
carat
color
clarity

how do i break the news to my wife that i want to change my wedding band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Just come out with it ans tell her. She will understand... And, FYI- she will definitely notice if you just go get a new one!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2008 9:02:03 AM
Author: sna77

Date: 9/1/2008 2:30:36 AM
Author: MINIMS
I''d be flattered if my guy came to me and said: ya know, when we got married, I wasn''t sure about this whole wearing a ring business, but now that I''m used to it, I''m realizing that I''m ready for a ring that makes more of a statement... like back off, I''m really taken... in a tastefull way, of course.

I brought it up last night while sitting on the boat having drinks with a couple we are very close with.. figured strength in numbers... anyhow, after the initial shock of ''those rings were blessed on our wedding day'' wore off when I pointed out that we got married by a JOP who didn''t bless anything, I actually broke out the ''its wider, more girls will notice it'' line... which was working well till my buddy dropped the ''I''ve been hit on by girls more since I started wearing a wedding ring--I think they see it as a challenge.''
3.gif
Anyhow, it was no big deal... I think she might want me to hang onto the original... which I agreed to do... unless Tifany has an upgrade policy, in which case I''m all over that. ;-)

Anyone know about the T&C upgrade policy? Is it just for engagement rings, or do men''s bands count also? I''m hoping for a bit of leeway, since I spent a fair amount of money with themover the last 3-5 months (my wedding band, her wedding band, and I got the groomsmen all engraved cufflinks from there)...

Oh, thanks everyone for the advice... It was very helpful in helping me form a strategy... I''ll update the thread once I''ve done something...
emwink.gif
As far as I know upgrades are for engagemnet rings only. But glad to know she was ok with you getting a wider band. Talk to your SA at Tiff''s and see what he or she says.

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/1/2008 9:02:03 AM

Date: 9/1/2008 2:30:36 AM
Author: MINIMS
I''d be flattered if my guy came to me and said: ya know, when we got married, I wasn''t sure about this whole wearing a ring business, but now that I''m used to it, I''m realizing that I''m ready for a ring that makes more of a statement... like back off, I''m really taken... in a tastefull way, of course.

I brought it up last night while sitting on the boat having drinks with a couple we are very close with.. figured strength in numbers... anyhow, after the initial shock of ''those rings were blessed on our wedding day'' wore off when I pointed out that we got married by a JOP who didn''t bless anything, I actually broke out the ''its wider, more girls will notice it'' line... which was working well till my buddy dropped the ''I''ve been hit on by girls more since I started wearing a wedding ring--I think they see it as a challenge.''
3.gif
Anyhow, it was no big deal... I think she might want me to hang onto the original... which I agreed to do... unless Tifany has an upgrade policy, in which case I''m all over that. ;-)

Anyone know about the T&C upgrade policy? Is it just for engagement rings, or do men''s bands count also? I''m hoping for a bit of leeway, since I spent a fair amount of money with themover the last 3-5 months (my wedding band, her wedding band, and I got the groomsmen all engraved cufflinks from there)...

Oh, thanks everyone for the advice... It was very helpful in helping me form a strategy... I''ll update the thread once I''ve done something...
emwink.gif
That literally made my stomach turn! Some women really are that evil aren''t they? Sheesh!

:)

Brilliant_Rock
hee hee - I was about to say ''send her a link to your thread'' but it looks like you already solved it!

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 8:20:03 PM
Author: :)
hee hee - I was about to say ''send her a link to your thread'' but it looks like you already solved it!

haa.... wifey cannot be on PS... this is my escape, as it is for most of the women on here, I imagine... i found the site first... she can have the knot or something
emwink.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does that mean that John won't notice if I suddenly get a 3 carat asscher
27.gif
?

We do notice everything. Especially a newly married woman admiring her man's hand with it's new band on it declaring to the world that he's hers now.

Ditto everyone who said to just talk to her about it. She's the only one who can tell you how she will feel.
2.gif
Oh you already did talk to her about it? Well, in that case, and since you are a true PSer... please post pics if you get something new!

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 9:11:29 PM
Author: Gypsy
Does that mean that John won''t notice if I suddenly get a 3 carat asscher
27.gif
?

We do notice everything. Especially a newly married woman admiring her man''s hand with it''s new band on it declaring to the world that he''s hers now.

Ditto everyone who said to just talk to her about it. She''s the only one who can tell you how she will feel.
2.gif
Oh you already did talk to her about it? Well, in that case, and since you are a true PSer... please post pics if you get something new!

We discussed over the weekend... Emailed our salesgirl at Tiffany today... She''s bringing a 10.5 and an 11 in the 6mm... Going Sunday to see (err buy)... I''ll post a picture if anyone cares, but I don''t think it gets more boring than a men''s lucidia band on grubby hands.
emsmilep.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 9:23:51 PM

Date: 9/2/2008 9:11:29 PM
Does that mean that John won''t notice if I suddenly get a 3 carat asscher
27.gif
?

We do notice everything. Especially a newly married woman admiring her man''s hand with it''s new band on it declaring to the world that he''s hers now.

Ditto everyone who said to just talk to her about it. She''s the only one who can tell you how she will feel.
2.gif

We discussed over the weekend... Emailed our salesgirl at Tiffany today... She''s bringing a 10.5 and an 11 in the 6mm... Going Sunday to see (err buy)... I''ll post a picture if anyone cares, but I don''t think it gets more boring than a men''s lucidia band on grubby hands.
emsmilep.gif
I want to see!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh come on, you know we are detail obsessed. WE NEED TO SEE!
9.gif

And um, ask them about the 8 mm (if it comes in 8mm) too if that''s something you might be interested in. John just got his band it''s 8mm and I ADORE the width of it. Looks fantastic.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad to hear that you talked about it with her...my husband does not notice when I am wearing different jewelry, but I would definitely notice it on him!

And yes, you must post pictures for us!!!

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 9:28:28 PM
9.gif

And um, ask them about the 8 mm (if it comes in 8mm) too if that''s something you might be interested in. John just got his band it''s 8mm and I ADORE the width of it. Looks fantastic.

6mm is the widest it comes in...

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 11:33:42 PM

Date: 9/2/2008 9:28:28 PM
9.gif

6mm is the widest it comes in...
agreed...we have gone this far with your engagement and wedding....we want to see the new band.

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 9:02:14 PM

Date: 9/2/2008 8:20:03 PM

haa.... wifey cannot be on PS... this is my escape, as it is for most of the women on here, I imagine... i found the site first... she can have the knot or something
emwink.gif
Hey, isn''t the knot for GETTING married? Now that you ARE married, you gotta come up with a better one for her (and it better not be something like stepfordwives.com!!!)
nottalking.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Delighted that you said it to her! And come on, we need pictures and lots of them!

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 12:24:09 AM
Hey, isn''t the knot for GETTING married? Now that you ARE married, you gotta come up with a better one for her (and it better not be something like stepfordwives.com!!!)
nottalking.gif
doesnt the knot turn into the nest?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m glad you''re getting the wider band! I think you''ll like the 6mm much better. If the ring was gold, you could use the gold to remake a new ring. But I don''t think they do that with platinum. I would get the new band engraved the same as the old one.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Yea, Sna!!! You better post pics when you get the new ring!!! I think you are going to like the 6 mm much better!! Cant wait to see it!
36.gif

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Just got the ring in the other day and have been too busy to pist a picture... Just took one on my crappy camera phone as i never seem to be in the mood to post pictures when I have my SLR around... ;-)

excuse my nails which are in horrible need of a manicure...

sna-6mm-tiffany1.JPG

sna77

Brilliant_Rock

sna-6m-tiffany2.JPG

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
here''s a pic of the original 4.5 mm band for comparison... the new one is 6mm... I am much happier with the wider band...

sna-wedding-ring-picture.JPG

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
I do like the wider band on you.. My husband has a 5mm band and he loves it.. He say he is glad that he got a nice thick band instead of a thinner one.. He think thinner band would look a little feminine on him..
1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
love the wider band. Looks great.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 3:09:30 PM
Author: bee*
love the wider band. Looks great.
Ditto. I think it''s more flattering on your hand. Congrats on the switch!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Edited b/c I should have finished reading the thread b/f posting my opinion
3.gif

ETA: I really like the wider band too and am glad you got it and are now happy!!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think wedding bands are different than engagement rings. I wouldn't mind in the least if my husband changed his, but I'd want him to keep it. I have a couple different rings that I wear as I please including my two original wedding bands. But I'd never get rid of my original band.

ETA: This is what annoys me about theads. I try to give an opinion sometimes before I read the entire thing so I'm not swayed but what other's have written...I see you got a new ring. It looks nice on you, Congratulations!

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 5:48:42 PM
Author: Addy
I think wedding bands are different than engagement rings. I wouldn''t mind in the least if my husband changed his, but I''d want him to keep it. I have a couple different rings that I wear as I please including my two original wedding bands. But I''d never get rid of my original band.

ETA: This is what annoys me about theads. I try to give an opinion sometimes before I read the entire thing so I''m not swayed but what other''s have written...I see you got a new ring. It looks nice on you, Congratulations!

I ended up saving my original band... My idea of tossing it on eBay was quickly dismissed by my wife, so it looks like I have a backup. =)

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I love the thicker band. Great choice!

Brilliant_Rock
I like the wider band. Always good to have a back up!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 8:17:42 PM
I like the wider band. Always good to have a back up!
I agree...always good to have a backup...Its also a good time to trade that cheap looking fake Rolex in for the real thing....
25.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup. wider looks much better! More masculine, IMHO. Love it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results