shape
carat
color
clarity

How did you find Pricescope?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone!

I was just curious to see how you guys found Pricescope? Did a friend refer you? Did you find it via google/yahoo?....
I can''t remember exactly how I found it but I know I haven''t left!
Can you imagine if there was no PS?
32.gif
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I found it trying to figure out if there was a way to get the Lucida look for cheaper. That was back in 2003. Eek.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was looking to upgrade and somehow googled and found it. I had NO idea it existed at all prior. Now, though I have my ring, I still am so happy to be on PS and to have it for a lot of reasons!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
3 years ago I was searching for a diamond eternity band much like the one Jessica Simpson had. Found PS and have been here ever since.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a terrible flu/sinus infection/cold on New Year''s Day 2007 (and Eve-boring NYE for me!), so I was in bed all day New Year''s Day obsessing about diamonds and looking at them online on my trusty Powerbook. I think I found Pricescope just by Googling for diamond engagement rings or diamond engagement ring settings.

I wish I found Pricescope a lot sooner than I did-I wasted hours and hours of my life looking at different jewelers'' websites before I found PS!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I stumbled across PS while browsing online and reading as much info. as I could find about diamonds. At the time, we were looking for diamonds and settings for my engagement ring. I wouldn''t have gotten my engagement ring from the vendor I did without PS, so I''m really glad I found this site.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i was trying to find pictures of 2 carat stones including asschers. through google, i came across harlowqueen's gorgeous harry winston! from there i lurked a bit, looking a learning and i've been hooked ever since.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
I was looking on Ebay to try to get ideas of different styles of engagement rings...and probably would have considered buying...but I began reading the feedback and became slightly obsessed with reading the bad feedback. Like if a vendor had 99.9% good feedback, then I wanted to know what post(s) make them not have 100% good feedback. Anyway, I found a ring I really liked, was reading the feedback, and someone was warning against using that vendor and said that due to limited space he couldn''t elaborate very much but to go to www. pricescope.com and research negative postings on that vendor. Nosey me did just that and...well, here I am....and I got my engagement ring from ERD--I would have NEVER found them without Pricescope and would have NEVER, EVER bought a diamond online without the information (and trust of that information) found on this site.

sera

Ideal_Rock
I think I was Googling "asscher engagement rings."

SOOOOOOOO glad I found PS!!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Just kinda blindly stumbled across it when I was researching diamonds a few years ago. I remember scratching my head and thinking, "Hmmmm, what IS this place all about?!" It took me awhile to figure it out (not too bright, I guess!
2.gif
) so I lurked for a few months and then finally joined. Going on 4 years ago now!
23.gif

My, how time flies when you're having fun!!!
36.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I was googling "asscher diamonds". It popped up with a ton of threads in PS. I ignored it at first. But, after I queried long and far, I decided to try PS. Lo and Behold. Here I am, Thank the Lord!! I would have made such mistakes without my PS!!

The first thread I looked at was one in Rocky Talky where Storm was giving great advice to someone looking for an asscher. At the time, I thought I''d never find a beautiful asscher and had decided to go with a radiant. But, after continued reading I realized I loved cushions! (had an asscher for a short while...it was small...everyone kept asking why my princess didn''t sparkle...)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was planning on resetting my original engagement ring and was looking for settings. somehow i got linked to PS and that was just over 3 years ago.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was bored one night and was looking for idea''s for a new wedding band and stumbled across this site, I found the show me the ring and been hooked ever since
36.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
I was researching diamonds on the internet and trying to find out whether or not prices I had been quoted at a couple of B&M''s were fair and if the quality of the diamonds I was looking at was in alignment with what I was seeking. I found "The Diamond Guy" and thought something wasn''t right so I started researching him and diamonds further on the internet and came across Pricescope several times.

Right before I decided to complete my diamond purchase I became a member and haven''t looked back. It is insane how addictive this site is and how entirely fabulous diamonds and jewelry are!

Great question ... I was wondering this same thing myself!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
online research of diamonds to make sure got the best diamond for the $ for an e-ring.......and then here at pricescope got turned on by the world of color! came looking for a diamond, ended up with a world class spessartite! now i''m getting interested in rose cut diamonds......

movie zombie

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/23/2008 9:19:49 PM
Author: Lynn B
Just kinda blindly stumbled across it when I was researching diamonds a few years ago. I remember scratching my head and thinking, 'Hmmmm, what IS this place all about?!' It took me awhile to figure it out (not too bright, I guess!
2.gif
) so I lurked for a few months and then finally joined. Going on 4 years ago now!
23.gif

My, how time flies when you're having fun!!!
36.gif
HI:

It appears that I joined just a couple of weeks before you Lynn! Time does fly.

Hmmm, I believe I was thinking about a 20 year upgrade and started my search early which lead to PS. For the longest time I simply read threads in RT--not knowing there were any other forums....
20.gif
(doh).

cheers--Sharon

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I was hanging around another diamond website, when a member told me to check out pricescope as it was more exciting and had more information. She was right!
3.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just before Christmas 2007, I was looking to turn my sapphire solitaire into a three-stone and googled "diamond and sapphire three-stone ring" and up came someone''s ring in the Eye-Candy folder of SMTR! I don''t remember who''s ring it was, but I started poking around on the site and now I am totally addicted. My DH is talking about having an intervention, but I just remind him that he has a VERY expensive golf membership, so I should get to buy diamonds and gems! haha... I have almost convinced him that PS will SAVE us money, but he isn''t convinced.

DD
35.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/23/2008 9:34:59 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I was planning on resetting my original engagement ring and was looking for settings. somehow i got linked to PS and that was just over 3 years ago.
Me too, Mrs. S!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
In the early winter of 2006 DH and I had just started to discuss e-rings. I knew I wanted an EC, but wanted more options than the two styles at Zales (because then, I thought Zales was where everyone bought diamonds), so I google image searched "Emerald Cut Engagement Ring" and all sorts of PS rings came up. When I saw/learned about all the ECs here, the doors of possibility flew wide open.

...and then I lurked for the next year. After our wedding, I was hit pretty hard by the "post-wedding blues" and posted a couple times to the Brides board about wedding odds and ends. And then I started reading everything else...now hooked :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2008 10:17:31 PM
Author: Catmom
Date: 1/23/2008 9:34:59 PM

Author: mrssalvo

Me too, Mrs. S!

it''s also amazing how a simple reset has turned into a new eternity band, custom setting, earrings, diamond upgrade etc...
3.gif
I always feel bad for my hubby who had no clue when he agreed to the reset what the future held
41.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I lost my ring after 6 years of marriage in a house remodel and went to the local B&M and was shocked how the price of stones went up. I kept thinking there has to be a way to save money so I went to Costco but they still didn't seem to have enough of a savings to get me to buy and finally I started searching online since I knew 2 men who bought online. I started searching online diamonds on yahoo and found PS and reading the tutorials; this is place is sooo much fun!!!
35.gif

mini thread jack. . . hey Diane, good to see you!!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
search engine likely google.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I stumbled on to pricescope while doing oval research for my three stone ring, several months ago. At first it was an idle project, because I already had an engagement ring-that had been switched into a three stone. (I was switching things around well before pricescope), so getting another three stone wasn't an immediate plan. Well, that all changed! And my sweet hubsly got me the oval 2 months after we were married! I can say that pricescope totally fueled that fire, because I was constantly drawing pictures and dreaming up the design I wanted. My husband is an artist, and he'd make sketches for me too.
1.gif

So, after we got it, I had to join and post pictures, because I had lurked for so long--admiring all the lovelies on this site.(Especially Kaleigh's oval--totally inspired me!)

I must say that I'm completely hooked! NOW, I'm upgrading my original engagement stone! -from a princess to a round--pick up the stone on FRIDAy! Yah! I have no idea how to set it. See? I'm rambling on, because that is what this site has done to me--Unleashed my jewel fervor!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Looking for pics of an e-ring...somehow made it to PS!
41.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I googled "Tiffany Swing Ring" which brought up this as the 4th (?) link. And I''ve been here ever since then!

doxielover

Rough_Rock
I googled ''tea length wedding dress'' and found a thread here

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I was googling "average diamond size in the US" or something 2.5 years ago, and this site popped up. I can''t remember what prompted me to even search those terms...but here I am, an all out PS-addict, years later.
9.gif

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
Monarch, kicking avatar!

Oh, DH introduced me to Pricescope when he was scoping out gems for my earrings. Now I think he wishes he hasn''t-having seen those ideal cut stones I can''t wait for my e-ring upgrade!
27.gif
23.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found out about Pricescope when I was reading another diamond message board--several of the people on that board kept mentioning Pricescope. I googled Pricescope, and here I am!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results