shape
carat
color
clarity

How did he do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Hi,
I''m new here :)

My husband bought me an amazing amazing gift after 11 years of marriage. Please tell me how he did quality wise and if he overpaid.

By the way, LOVE the ring. I have read that a table of 72% on an asscher is not good but this stone is beautiful and very colorful. Would a smaller table produce more color life?? What role would a smaller table have?

Here are the center stone stats (GIA certified)

G color
VS1
cut-cornered square step (asscher like)
1.58 carat
70.2 depth
72% table
slightly thick girdle
good polish
very good symmatry
no florescence
6.36x6.36.4.45

Setting:

Martin flyer platinum (nice heavy shank) 3 stone with .85 ctw asscher sides, G color, VS2 The desgin is not basket set but more like a truffle setting.

VERY pretty!!

total ring weight: 2.43 ct.

Paid for diamond: $10,900
Paid for setting: $6,500

Total: $17,400

Avoided sales tax by buying out of state.

So overall price wise and center diamond wise how did he do?

This is an upgrade to my original .75 ct round solitaire. I plan on saving my round for my daughter or resetting it in a pendant, have not decided yet.

Also, the appraisal that came with it says $23,000. I hate to overnsure it and am not impressed if an appraisal says more than what we paid if we end up overpaying on premiums. What do you think about the appraisal?? I think I am going to get it appraised locally for a second opinion. The jeweler I bought it from though is a very very established well known place (not a mall store thats for sure!)

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
It SOUNDS like a beautiful ring. Of course, I need pics to be sure it's really amazing.
31.gif
You simply have to post pics of that lovely. PLEASE!!! shay37 whines and stomps feet.

As far as the price, I really couldn't say. Try Pricescope your diamond feature at the top and see how it stacks up pricewise. if you love it, then it's a good deal. As far as appraisals, just make sure it's high enough to replace in case of loss. Anything more is overkill.

shay

ETA: Welcome to our lovely little site. Hope you like it here and stick around.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 10:48:31 AM
Author: Shay37
It SOUNDS like a beautiful ring. Of course, I need pics to be sure it''s really amazing.
31.gif
You simply have to post pics of that lovely. PLEASE!!! shay37 whines and stomps feet.
haha, I second that!
12.gif

I don''t know anything about asscher specs so I can''t really offer you any advice, but I reeeeeeeeeeeally want to see pictures too! Pleeeeeeeeeease???
9.gif

And welcome!! Your ring sounds gorgeous!!
4.gif
Congratulations on your upgrade!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome too
35.gif
You do realize there are a lot of asscher lovers and conoisseurs here who will be circling the waters for pics don''t you???????

Don''t know with the price, Shay makes a good suggestion with the search tool, but the main thing is it sounds like a beautiful gift which came from the heart and I am sure it is INCREDIBLE. Of course, I can''t really say either until I see PICTURES!

Congratulations on your lovely upgrade!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your lovely gift! We would love to see pics!

I''m a fellow Asscher stalker as well, and I''m a firm believer in beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
9.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Storm will surely let you know what he thinks based on the stones numbers, but to your question........"Did he do well?".........it sounds like he bought you a beautiful ring and whether he paid too much, too little or just the right price shouldn''t really matter at this point. As long as you love it, that''s all that should matter.

Enjoy that ring and treasure the fact that your husband loves you enough to show how much you matter to him with such a fantastic gesture.

And, before people get angry, post some pictures already............
31.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
My goodness! It sounds fabulous! We simply MUST have pictures!

Were you completely surprised? Were you just blown away???

widget

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I will post photos later today or tommorow. Need to take some first!

And yes, I love the ring. Whether it was a good value or not, its MINE :) And I love and appreicate the gift.

Just curious about the numbers :) And my husband is curious too.

Did not mean to imply that I was reconsidering the ring. It was a gift and I appreciate it for what it was. A beautiful gift.

After 5 kids and 11 years, my husband wants to buy me a symbol of forever, I''ll take it :)

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 11:39:44 AM
Author: Rod

to your question........''Did he do well?''.........it sounds like he bought you a beautiful ring and whether he paid too much, too little or just the right price shouldn''t really matter at this point. As long as you love it, that''s all that should matter.

Enjoy that ring and treasure the fact that your husband loves you enough to show how much you matter to him with such a fantastic gesture.

And, before people get angry, post some pictures already............
31.gif
well said rod.
36.gif

let''s see some pics!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It sounds gorgeous. You must be thrilled. I can''t wait to see it. I am a huge asscher fan myself!!
9.gif
Welcome to PS
35.gif

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
Sounds totally awesome....but we MUST have pix to completely share in your excitement
9.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
with asschers the eyes and the heart rule.
If it sings to your heart its the stone for you no matter what the numbers.
There are a lot of variations on the asscher theme, while this isnt one Id consider if it speaks to you then it is the one for you :}

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
That did not work becuase I don''t know how to make the image smaller.

Anyone want to volunteer to let me email photos to them for me to post?? I''m not too computer literate!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey asscher..hit the 'msg admin' button at the top of this page and they will load the pics for you.
2.gif

or just right click on the photo and edit it from there. click 'image' and 'stretch/scew' reduce by 50% and you should be good. make sure to change the filename to something unique but no spaces or characters. hth.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Belle. I emaiiled admin and they offered to put the photos up. So they are coming!!

And the more I look at my ring today, the more I have decided I could care less if the stats are perfect or not. I love it.

The center stone is so colorful. The photos don''t do it justice. It really flashes a lot of light and color.

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
oh asscher you''re killin me, GOG is bringing 3 more asschers for me to choose from tomorrow but SO want to see your asscher eye candy do share asap!
9.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I think I just heard strm''s mouth hit the floor. I know mine just did. I think that your ring is just beyond gorgeous. It''s (good grief I''m speechless) HOLY CR@P!!!!! Oh, honey, he did find you a right beautiful ring.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif

shay

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sheer FABULOSITY!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Hearty Congrats! (As if you need one more bit of lovely goodness you lucky gal!)

The Joker

Shiny_Rock
Now that is one stunning ring....WOW.
30.gif

Joker....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HE DONE GOOD!!!!!!!

that is a breathtaking stone!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
W
30.gif
weeeeeeeeeeeee - that ring is STUNNING.
36.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I balanced colors in the one with no photographer's skin reflections so we can see some FIRE!

3StAsscher224.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
HE DONE REALLY REALLY GOOD! That ring is simply stunning!!!

TxBlonde

Rough_Rock
OH MY!
30.gif
That ring is beautiful! This def. gives me my asscher fix for the day!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
WOW! That ring is just magnificent! He done good, he done real good! Congrats!

Heather

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Wow wow wow!!
30.gif
I LOVE your ring!!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
It''s GORGEOUS!!! (as I wipe the drool of my keyboard...)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh be still my heart.
30.gif
30.gif
That ring is drop dead gorgeous!!! Congrats and wear it in good health!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results