shape
carat
color
clarity

How can it disappear??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Good luck Mingagreen! I really hope you find your ring soon~! In the meantime, don''t throw out any new trash...who knows where it could be hiding!

My friend totally thought she lost her ring once. She was having some work done on her house, so there were various people coming in and out (the warranty period on her new house was almost over)... The last time she remembered seeing her ring was right before the plumber came to do some work...she, too, has 2 little boys so she said that she wasn''t able to supervise the plumber the entire time he was in their master bathroom, and she always put her ring on a small dish by the sink. Anyway, after much frantic searching, she couldn''t find it and even went so far as to file a police report and contact the plumbing company. The plumber swore that it wasn''t him and was even willing to take a lie detector test!

After several weeks, her husband swore he was going to find the ring and turned their entire house upside-down (again). Guess where he found it!? At the bottom of the q-tip jar. Apparently, her littlest boy enjoyed dropping various trinkets into this q-tip jar when they weren''t looking. They actually tested him to see if he would do it again, and he did.

So, in the end, they found the ring...and *poor* plumber who was wrongly accused (we gave her a lot of flack for that).

Moral of the story -- look *everywhere* including places where you think it can''t possibly be. Our little ones have tiny fingers and even the most mundane places seem interesting to them!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
i''m so sorry minga! i wish you lots and lots of luck on your search. have you checked all pockets and clothes? your''s, DH''s and your daughter''s?

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Hi all, I thought I would check in, no luck yet. Thank you all for your ideas, I''ll try anything! I am finding myself just scratching my head walking in circles! I am looking in every flipping thing I see!I have so much work to do but I can''t do it! I did check all pockets. Cutey your avatar reminds of my lost ring!
I didn''t get the metal detecter yet, DH wants to wait to see if it turns up in the house first. I am beginning to wonder if it went thru the wash, the last place I saw it was on the bed before DH ripped the sheets off and tossed them down the shoot, could a washer or dryer eat a ring?? That or DEAR DAUGHTER ate it!!
I never realized how something so small could have such a grip on me and my heart!

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
Mingagreen, this happened to me three years ago, my wedding band disappeared. It was a 3 carat eternity band that was blessed by a Catholic Bishop when we were married. I was devastated. I called my insurance company to tell them what happened and they asked me if I wanted to file a claim. I told them that I wasn''t ready to file, they informed me that I had 30 days from when I reported it missing to file the claim. I turned the entire house upside down, called my parents to help me find it, called a washer and dryer guy to come in and take a part my washing machine (it hasn''t been the same since). After 10 days and two serious house cleanings by my maid I knew that it was gone.

I pray that your ring shows up but please take comfort knowing that you have insurance and that it can be replaced.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Minga,

My sister-in-law lost her engagement ring a number of years ago. They searched everywhere and eventually had to report its loss to the police (who questioned their teenage babysitter, whom they trusted). My brother and his wife were not even allowed to warn the babysitter that the police would be coming to her house! It was a really big mess!

My sister-in-law collected insurance and had another ring made. Several years later she found the original engagement ring inside a zipper case of blankets stored under one of the beds! She returned the "new" ring and kept her original one.

There is always hope! Good luck!

Deb
34.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Minga,
I was just thinking that you should check your daughter''s room with a fine tooth comb and the baby''s nursery as well. I am keeping my fingers crossed for ya!!!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry, Minga... what an awful feeling.
8.gif

How about physically getting down on your hands and knees and walking through the house at your daughter''s height? I''m thinking if she had anything to do with it at all, it might help to see things from her perspective... little nooks and crannies that would be appealing to a 3-year-old but an adult might otherwise overlook.

Just a thought... and here are some good vibes to help you along: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1.gif

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Good Morning all, well yesterday turned up nothing. So today my mom and I are renting the metal detecter and moving outdoors. I am 98% sure it is not in the house! My house is cleaner than it has been in 2 years (since we moved in!) My Mom suggested I get things going with the ins co. but I am not ready for that but out of curiosity could some of you tell me how it might work. I am nervous because I don''t want them to shop for my ring, I will be very picky about what I get, my mom said she pitties the person I have to deal with!!!
Thank you all for the encouragement and good vibes, SIL told me to pray to the Saint Jude the saint of finding lost things!!!!!!!Like I said I will try anything!

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Well alittle update for you all, I didn''t find it outside
8.gif
The metal detector turned up all kinds of things but not my ring. I took it everwhere I could think even in the chicken coup!!!
My newest approach is going to be to NOT look for it! I am going to give it a few weeks to come back and appear. I am not ready to give up, we are also going to have a guy come help us look in the heater exchanges, it still might be in there.
I''ll keep you posted as it goes.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck - it can''t just have vanished off the face of the earth! Remember Tawn''s was down in a heat duct. I hope you find the ring real soon!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2006 7:31:00 AM
Author: mingagreen
My newest approach is going to be to NOT look for it!
minga....I''ve been following this thread and my heart goes out to you!

This might be a good idea. I''m a great believer in serendipity. It''s amazing how often lost items turn up after one has stopped looking for them.

I lost an earring a while ago, and drove myself crazy looking for it....as did my cleaning lady. It only turned up after we actually stopped specifically looking for it, in a place we''d already checked twice, but somehow had missed before.

In the mean time, I''d make it a rule to not wear shoes in the house...letting everyones feet do some "feeling around", too. I still bet it''s present unknown location is somehow related to the bed, sheets, etc.

I''ve got my fingers crossed for you!
widget

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
egads ming!!! There''s no telling where it''ll turn up with a child involved. I''m sure it will though in the most unusual spot though.
2.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, minga! I''m so sorry this happened! I can''t think of any places that haven''t been listed already. I hope it turns up very soon!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
I keep calling back to this post to see if the ring has turned up yet
7.gif

Blod

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Hello all, stopping in for an update. No ring yet. We are still hopeful and still looking!!! Thanks to all of you who are following this!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
I am not being pesermistic.........but would it be worthwhile phoning your insurance company and let them know. Even though you haven''t written off finding your ring yet.

just a thought?

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Well Blod, I was thinking the same thing but frankly I am scared of the process! My ring to me is not replaceable and I don''t know how it is handled with the ins co, like if they go out and buy me a new ring (not happenin!) or if I go out and find a similar ring and they deal with the vendor or if they cut me a check. I have thought about it and I don''t know if I would want the same type of ring b/c i feel like I would be trying to replace it, which would sadden me everytime I looked at my fingure. I don''t know, I haven''t given up hope yet so maybe I will wait another week or so then see where I''m at. Funny note: A friend of mine who finds all kinds of things is coming over to help me look this weekend! We''ll see what she turns up!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i hope you find it minga...

just a thought re: insurance, you should find out if you have a time frame to make the claim within, aka does it need to be within 10 days after first noticing it lost or something? you just would want to be sure that you are doing things the right way JUST IN CASE you have to make a claim. you can also ask them what the process is so that you are aware just in case. anyway good luck, keeping my fingers crossed you find it...but i''d cover the insurance bases too.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I second what Mara said. I would contact the insurance company and get the process started just in case. It would be very sad if you can''t find the ring and the insurance company says you missed the timeframe, etc. Just expecting the worse, but hoping for the best.

I really hope it turns up, esp because it has such a important meaning behind the ring. Fingers are crossed for you minga.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I hope you find it soon! But, I think you should call your insurance people just in case...

ETA: You can always cancel the claim if it shows up! Maybe it will be like when you wait forever to get your food in a restaurant, and it shows up when you go to use the restroom!
2.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I too would get the ball rolling and soon - with the insurance. You can tell them you''re still trying to see if it will turn up but there may be a window you need to contact them within so best not to miss it. I hope your friend turns this ring up!!!

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Well I think I will take your advise and atleast report it on Tuesday. I would hate there to be some sort of time frame on filing a claim and miss it! This has been quite a week, we lent our jeep to a friend and she flipped it and we took collition off of it a few months ago. I am losing valuable material possesions!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2006 6:07:28 PM
Author: mingagreen
Well I think I will take your advise and atleast report it on Tuesday. I would hate there to be some sort of time frame on filing a claim and miss it! This has been quite a week, we lent our jeep to a friend and she flipped it and we took collition off of it a few months ago. I am losing valuable material possesions!
23.gif
OMG I hope everything is okay with your friend and the jeep...and of course only after you got rid of collision coverage...
38.gif
. Sometimes, I feel like when it rains, it POURS!

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Yes she is fine, she is so lucky though, there was no top or doors on the jeep. She was being stupid and I am a bit pissed at her, i am glad she is okay but she was very irresponsible with our car.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to say, I love my friends to death, but I wouldn''t let most people drive my car! My parents just instilled that sort of thing in me at a very young age - they were probably terrified of legal ramifications of teenagers with new drivers licenses joyriding around. Can''t say I blame them. Definitely stinks. Your jeep must''ve had a roll bar, which is good. Too bad your friend wasn''t more careful, particularly with your possessions!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Oh minga! It really is pouring. Now the Jeep? I feel so bad this is all happening. Is your friend going to take care of all the expenses for the Jeep?

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Yes it is pouring!!! It''s ok though !
Our friend is going to take care of the jeep, but I am not thrilled with her choice of mechanics. I am letting DH handle it b/c he is the one who lent it to her. It is not my primary car, nor is is my husbands. We both have a "fun" car and the jeep was always my dream fun car! It is also DH''s winter 4wheel drive b/c his car and it is HORRID in the snow! So I can''t deal with this so he is! I am worried it won''t be fixed right, like if the axle is bent or something serious like that. We are planning to take it to our mechanic as soon as we get it back. I do feel bad for her, she is going thru a tough time but still. Sorry I am rambling! It is early and coffee hasn''t kicked in yet! My friend is coming over today to help me search so hopefully I will have some good news later.

Honeyfly

Rough_Rock
Argh, I keep checking this thread to see if you have found it yet! Hopefully the day will come soon when it will!!!

Good luck, I have my fingers and toes crossed for you!!
35.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2006 6:44:07 AM
Author: Honeyfly
Argh, I keep checking this thread to see if you have found it yet!

Me, too. I always figure that if it is up at the top again, there may have been a new development!

Deb
34.gif

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Hi all just stopping in for a quick update. I called the ins co and the claim process has started. They were very understanding and easy to work with! So I guess I will be shopping for a new ring soon, will you all help me? I am still looking for the ring I lost so I haven''t given up yet! thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results