Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 7c-8c

• 8c+...a whopper!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/7/2005 2:11:59 PM
Author: cinnabar
I bought a cheapie pave ring with a 2.5ct (equiv) CZ to wear as a RHR and to see if I liked the look. I learned that bling doesn''t suit me and 2.5cts is a bit big for my middle finger, let alone my ring finger.

Bling and ''big'' looks absolutely gorgeous on other women, but it does nothing for me and I feel uncomfortable in it.

LOL! I did the same thing (actually, another PS member suggested it to me). I got a 2 carat CZ and wore it around for several days. Everytime I looked down at my hand, it looked like I was wearing a crystal door knob! On my mom''s hand, it looked totally different. I think she''d carry off a 2 carat stone with no probs. I''ve done the same thing with shapes, too. I''ve learned that I could live with an oval or a pear. The square shapes make my hands look too square or something. I like something that''s going to make my fingers and hands look more elongated. I have small hands with short fingers, so I need all the help I can get!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t consider anything "too big". I''ve observed that if you have good posture and self-confidence, you can wear any size stone. (Liz Taylor isn''t much over 5 feet tall, and she wears the big beauties well.) The biggest diamond I ever tried on was a 24 ct. emerald cut, and it looked and felt fine--the only thing it was too big for was my budget [$$)]!

madrock

Rough_Rock
Obviously, there is no diamond that is too big for me!!!

P1010003_1.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Madame B, not to be a party pooper but even Paris Hilton could not take the weight of that size!!!! HA HA. I think I would suffer...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
emsmile.gif
We are all here because we love diamonds and stuff. OF COURSE there are big problems in the world, and I do not think anyone here forgets that or puts attaining bling over health and love and (drumroll) World Peace. (I am not running for Mrs. Pricescope 2005, FYI!)...anyway, bottom line is, these are all opinions...some based on hard data and some based on the person's world view without having had all the exposure. No matter, this site is all about supporting the obsessions...to me, these polls are like "What would you do if won a million dollars tomorrow?" It is nice to dream and speculate, but since most of us are not Paris Hilton, we know what really works in our life and social circle, not to mention our pockets! And yes, I have a large stone, but I leave it home when I do not think it is the right thing to be wearing. I love and enjoy it, but I know what really matters in this world...this is all about FUN and fantasy, plus helping new people not make big mistakes when buying stones. It would be a shame to lose site of that!!

PS I think too big is a state of mind, since as we know, what we think at one point and place in our lives can evolve like we do...never say never, is what I think!!!

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
The answer to this question to me seems to be based largely on the answers to the following criteria:

1) What looks good on my hand? (a combination of what I think, and what I think based on feedback from others)

2) What am I comfortable wearing?

3) How much can I afford to wear?

4) What is everyone else wearing? (I am not trying to "fit in" with everyone else, but I would be lying to myself if I said this didn''t matter.)

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
It is too big when you feel like it is too big, same for too small.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
I have a friend with a poorly cut 4 ct RB - i tried that on and it was a little too big for me. Although it depends on the shape!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
This one MIGHT be a LITTLE too big... but NOT MUCH!
3.gif

Lynn

BIIIGbaublehaha2.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/8/2005 4:25:12 PM
Author: Lynn B
This one MIGHT be a LITTLE too big... but NOT MUCH!
3.gif

Lynn
23.gif
is that a diamond umbrella?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2005 9:14:45 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
23.gif
is that a diamond umbrella?
It''s a doorknob, silly!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Lynn

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lynn,
That picture cracks me up every time I see it, too funny!!!!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2005 10:00:38 PM
Author: kaleigh
Lynn,
That picture cracks me up every time I see it, too funny!!!!!

LOL!

2.gif
Thanks!
2.gif
It cracks me up, too!!!!
9.gif

Lynn

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results