shape
carat
color
clarity

Houston GTG - November 16th, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockfever

Rough_Rock
HI ALL!! Hey, can I play, too?
emwink.gif

I live here, now!

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
There''s a place called Mama''s Cafe on 6019 Westheimer Rd. They have really good food and they serve breakfast. They''re also like one mile from WF.

http://www.mamascafe.net

Mama''s Café 3
6019 Westheimer Road Houston, TX 77057-4501
Tel: 713-266-8514
Fax: 713-266-9318
e-mail: [email protected]
American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
They don''t take reservations or call-ahead seating because they get pretty busy, so I''ll have to get there early to get a table.

What do ya''ll think?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 11:15:50 AM
Author: Lexie
I''ll throw in some brunch suggestions
1.gif

The only places that come to mind that would be open around 10AM for brunch, and that are in the general vicinity would be:

- LePeep, which is located on Westheimer and is right inside the loop (610).
- Cheesecake Factory, which is in The Galleria.
- La Madeleine, either the one in The Galleria or the one in the Carillon Shopping Center.
- Tiny Boxwood''s Cafe, which is close to Highland Village and Greenway Plaza.
- Rustika Cafe & Bakery, which is off of 59 and Buffalo Speedway.
- Andre''s Cafe & Pastry Shop, which is located in Uptown Park.
- House of Pies, which is on Westheimer.
- Buffalo Grille, which is off of Voss and Woodway.
These are all great ideas . . . do you know if we can make reservations at any of these places under PRICESCOPE? It helped me find everyone at the DFW GTG, but it wasn''t completely perfect.
2.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 12:50:50 PM
Author: rockfever
HI ALL!! Hey, can I play, too?
emwink.gif

I live here, now!
Yes, of course!

So the plan is now, 10:00 am brunch somewhere in the Galleria area, and if you can''t meet us there, you can meet us anytime from 11:00 - 2:00 pm.
1.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 1:22:16 PM
Author: curiopotter

There''s a place called Mama''s Cafe on 6019 Westheimer Rd. They have really good food and they serve breakfast. They''re also like one mile from WF.

Mama''s Café 3

They don''t take reservations or call-ahead seating because they get pretty busy, so I''ll have to get there early to get a table.

What do ya''ll think?
Hrmmm, the problem is going to be in finding each other if we don''t have reservations under PRICESCOPE - I learned my lesson the hard way when you trued to meet up with us in Dallas.
2.gif

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 3:50:13 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Hrmmm, the problem is going to be in finding each other if we don''t have reservations under PRICESCOPE - I learned my lesson the hard way when you trued to meet up with us in Dallas.
2.gif

lol, I could bring a red balloon?

Lexie

Shiny_Rock
I know that you can make reservations at LePeep and at The Cheesecake Factory. As far as I know, the rest of the places don''t require them.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 6:09:03 PM

Date: 11/11/2008 3:50:13 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

2.gif

lol, I could bring a red balloon?
Hehe, how about we just wear our rings, and everyone be really obvious about looking at other people''s hands!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 6:41:18 PM
I know that you can make reservations at LePeep and at The Cheesecake Factory. As far as I know, the rest of the places don't require them.
Thanks, since ya'll live there, I'll let you and Curiopotter make the call!
1.gif

I don't really have an exact count, but it seems like about 10 or 11?

Well, let's see:

LaurenThePartier, DH and SIL
CurioPotter, Kimberly, and another friend?
Loriken
Bebe?
Appletini
Lexie
Rockfever

Did I forget anyone else?

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Planning on it if my guests leave early. I''m thinking they will. ;-)

Gosh, all you guys are so young. I''ll be the oldest for sure!!

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Guys,

I think we should do LePeep to avoid the traffic in Galleria. Plus they have a really good breakfast. What do you think Lexie?

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I''ll meet y''all at WF. I''ve got plans Sat night so I want to be able to sleep in and maybe squeeze in some exercise before I meet up with y''all.

Lexie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 9:48:59 PM
Hey Guys,

I think we should do LePeep to avoid the traffic in Galleria. Plus they have a really good breakfast. What do you think Lexie?
LePeep sounds great!
10.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 1:22:16 PM

Mama''s Café 3

What do ya''ll think?
I used to work at that Texadelphia right there.
9.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 10:15:17 PM

Date: 11/11/2008 9:48:59 PM
Hey Guys,

LePeep sounds great!
10.gif
Ditto this! So, I''ll call and make reservations at Le Peep at 10:00 am on Sunday under the name PRICESCOPE - Lauren.
1.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

bebe

Ideal_Rock
The 4702 location is just inside the Loop, not that far from WF.
Is WF expecting us at 11am? If so, will we be done with breakfast in
time to get to WF by 11am ??

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 10:43:30 AM
Author: bebe
The 4702 location is just inside the Loop, not that far from WF.
Is WF expecting us at 11am? If so, will we be done with breakfast in
time to get to WF by 11am ??
It''s a pretty loose schedule to be honest.
2.gif

And, I''ll go ahead and call the 4702 location now.
1.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, I just got off the phone with Le Peep - they don't take reservations.

What they suggested we do is just have someone get a table for 12, have them put down the name PRICESCOPE, and they'll direct people to show up to that table.

Would that work, or should we find a place that does reservations?

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
It doesn''t matter to me.. If u want I can get there an hour early to get a table.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 7:24:54 PM
It doesn''t matter to me.. If u want I can get there an hour early to get a table.
Do you think an hour early is necessary on a Sunday? We''ll probably be there by at least 9:45 or so - depending on traffic and where we stay (with his parents in Pasadena or his sister in Champion Forest).

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe an hour is overkill... I just don''t want it to be like our IHOP on a Sunday morning. It''s insane. 1 hour 15 min wait. INSANE!

Lexie

Shiny_Rock
Well.. things are now kind of iffy for me concerning Sunday
8.gif

My Dad had a series of nasty falls this afternoon, which ultimately led to a 5-hour stint at the ER. He ended up with a broken nose, a deep gash in his forehead that required 10 stitches, two black eyes, and a myriad of lacerations and abrasions on his face, among other things
15.gif
Definitely not a lot of fun for a 70-something to endure.

It seems like I might need to play nurse for the next few days, but we''ll see what happens..

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Lexie I''m so sorry to hear! Sending Prayers your way! If you can''t make it, no big deal, take care of your dad and make sure he''s okay. I''m sure we''ll have another one of these events soon!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2008 12:59:11 AM
Well.. things are now kind of iffy for me concerning Sunday
8.gif

My Dad had a series of nasty falls this afternoon, which ultimately led to a 5-hour stint at the ER. He ended up with a broken nose, a deep gash in his forehead that required 10 stitches, two black eyes, and a myriad of lacerations and abrasions on his face, among other things
15.gif
Definitely not a lot of fun for a 70-something to endure.

It seems like I might need to play nurse for the next few days, but we''ll see what happens..
Oh my gosh, Lexie! That''s awful! Prayers coming your family''s way!

When I was visiting my parents in Reno a couple of winters ago, DH and I had just landed, and we were on our way to the Auto Museum for lunch when my Mom slipped on some ice, and fell head first into the curb - broke her nose and cut herself up quite a bit. I can completely relate. I spent that whole trip playing nurse, too.

Big hugs to you and your Dad!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Just a nagging feeling that won''t go away....

On Gypsy''s thread about getting robbed, DiaGem made a point of all of us being very careful.
The point also was made we shouldn''t post where we are meeting, well, how do we do that?

Also, the parking garage at WF spooks me. I''m paranoid somewhat about parking garages and big parking
lots. I was approached many years ago and since then have been cautious.

thoughts, concerns, ideas ???

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
This is why I wish this forum still had private messaging.

I know what you mean, that parking garage is a little freaky for me too. It makes me question bringing my entire collection.
Well we can change the meeting place if you like. I can email Katie and see if she has Lauren''s phone number or email.

As for WF, I think if we all arrive in a huge group there shouldn''t be any problems, plus the building has at least two Houston Police officers on duty inside.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2008 10:30:54 PM
This is why I wish this forum still had private messaging.

I know what you mean, that parking garage is a little freaky for me too. It makes me question bringing my entire collection.
Well we can change the meeting place if you like. I can email Katie and see if she has Lauren''s phone number or email.

As for WF, I think if we all arrive in a huge group there shouldn''t be any problems, plus the building has at least two Houston Police officers on duty inside.
That''s the hope, Maria.

Plus, I''ll be bringing my husband with me. Not that it completely eradicates fears, but we''ll have some male companionship with us - especially in that garage that I keep hearing about.
2.gif

Do we still want to go ahead as planned, or do we want to change things up and email the meeting spot? I don''t have everyone''s email address, so it''ll make spreading the word more difficult, if we do make changes. Maria, I have your email address, so I''ll shoot you a note in a minute.

Another thing, while I appreciate the warnings, and am cautious in my daily life, I don''t know that changing plans would do anything to help the paranoia at this point. This is the only place we have to make plans, since we can''t PM, and we can''t post personal contact information, we''re kind of stuck if we all want to meet - which I desperately do. PS, and many of you TX ladies specifically, have been an integral part of this part of my life. You''ve all seen me sweat over DH and his past unwillingness to commit to "Girl soon" dates, you''ve felt my joy when we started planning the wedding, and when he proposed. I''ve laughed and cried with so many of you over the past 4 years, that I''m just grateful we have a place to vent and share our joys with each other.

I''m just happy that we have a way to chat, even if getting together in real life isn''t the easiest thing in the world.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Personally, I think we''ll be okay.

I mean, I''ll bring my predator whistle if ya''ll want.. but lemmie just warn you! I spook pretty easy so that thing is gonna go off like at LEAST twelve or thirteen times!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 1:45:19 PM
Personally, I think we''ll be okay.

I mean, I''ll bring my predator whistle if ya''ll want.. but lemmie just warn you! I spook pretty easy so that thing is gonna go off like at LEAST twelve or thirteen times!
Hahahaha! I''ll try not to approach you from the rear, then!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results