shape
carat
color
clarity

Holiday Loot ''07

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I know Mara already started a Christmas Bling 2007 thread, but I thought it might be fun to have a thread for non-blingy gifts as well (though blingy gifts are ALWAYS welcome).

So...what''dja get for Christmas/Hanukkah/the Holidays?

E B

Ideal_Rock
I guess I''ll start.
3.gif
I finally got an SI Ultrasonic! I haven''t used it yet, but it''s all set up and ready to go; I can''t wait to use it for my e-ring and my new .41 ct bezel pendant.
31.gif

DH and I got iPod speakers with a cool remote that you can use from anywhere in the house, and my favorite warm-weather gift: Ugg Coquette slippers in chocolate. They are soooooo comfortable.

uggcoquettechoc.jpg

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I'll play, espicially bc I think I had an awesome Xmas.
I got a JewelJet, which I love.
I also got all new diving/snorkling gear for our boat, so cute light blue and white...LOL.
I also got gift certificates to JCrew, VS, Total Wine, and TJ MAxx, oh yah, and Mortons steakhouse.
MY fav thing this year is my new clarisonic face cleaner that my bf's mom got for me. It really is amazing!!!
30.gif

EBree- I literally live in my Ugg slippers! I have the ones that are white fur in and out, and BF has replaced them 3 times bc I wear them out so much! Enjoy!!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
CR,

I''ve only worn them for a day and I''m hooked. I feel like my feet are tucked into warm, fluffy clouds.
3.gif

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I got XM satellite radio. I can''t wait til my husband actually hooks it up. :)

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I got the rest of my daily dishes! I fell in love with a pattern at C&B, even though I knew that 98% of our guests wouldn''t shop there... so my mom gave me NINE place settings to finish out my set! woo hoo!

My other favorite gifts:

1) a gift card to my favorite Tex-Mex place
2) a digital picture frame from my sister
3) target gift card
4) a king down comforter
5) and of course my watch that I already posted

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I got a bunch of sweet stuff....

The gift from my boyfriend is the most random...and also my favorite! Since I got my car, used, 3 years ago, I have been meaning to have the tint from the wear windshield removed. It was so old, disgusting (imagine that bubbly, purple stuff...yeah, that was my car) and I just hadn''t gotten around to it...so he took care of it =)

Another favorite gift was a hot air popcorn popper from my friend back home....I used it immediately! Yum!!

I also got a lot of bath products and tea =)

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Santa was good to me!

1. Two pairs of classic Ugg boots (in sand and black)
2. Wusthof Ikon 6" chef knife and their santoku knife
3. Pure Komachi vegetable santoku knife
4. a Le Creuset dutch oven and a casserole dish
5. Lots of good cooking books
6. Jean Marie Farina cologne and shower gel

Those were def my fav gifts!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, I got some good loot this year! Let me see...

-I got a fat check from my parents, which they never do, so I was VERY surprised and stoked!
-My dad made me a beautiful shaker box which is what the check came in.
-I got a dainty yellow gold figaro bracelet, which I''ve been wanting forever, from my fiance''s mom.
-So many good gift cards! Sephora, Victoria''s Secret, Target, Amazon.com
-A soccer bag and some soccer gear.
-A rain jacket for my Costa Rica trip.
-Way too much candy for my own good.
-I also bought myself a SI Ultrasonic *and* I ordered myself a pair of jeans I''ve been wanting forever!

I gave lots of good loot too, which (not to sound like too much of a Pollyanna) is almost as fun as getting good loot!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
My parents gave me a 1950 edition of Emily Post's Etiquette, I've been trying to find the 1950 printing for quite a while, so I was extremely surprised AND happy that they found it for me. They're the best.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
great idea eBree!

we actually had a surprisingly fun xmas in terms of gifts...nothing super spectacular, but our neighbors surprised us with the super primo Scrabble with wooden swiveling tray, leather bag, real tiles...Greg and I play all the time and her note on the package was 'now you can beat Greg in style'...lol!

another fave was from my dad, he got me the Bose noise-cancelling earbuds for my iPod, they sound amazing! and Greg's dad and stepmom gave us a Garmin GPS which is a new toy for us to play around with, since Greg already has a GPS for his car, we're using it in the Mini. and lastly, two of my fave gifts and amazingly cheap are (1) he got me some new small spatulas which sounds funny but i make egg whites every morning and he got me this small spatula a year or two ago for stocking stuffer and it's perfect for my morning eggs, so i asked for more of them and (2) he got me those iPod traveling cube speakers from Target for like $6, where it's a cube and you pop it open and plug your iPod in and it plays...great for hotel rooms and the like..the sound quality is actually quite decent which amazed us both, we have already used it for our new years eve trip and it was great to have our own music in the room with us!

so those are my favorites!! oh and the 3 pairs of Juicy velour pants in all dark jewel tones that my Mom got me. Greg's fave which i got him is his new Ion turntable/mp3 recorder thing, you can play your old records on it and burn them to mp3 or cd...he is having a heyday with a lot of his old music.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
My favorite gift was a handknit shawl/blanket and booties for TTot, knit lovingly by TGuy's 82 year old grandmother. She knit the same pattern for TGuy when he was born. Very cool to have such a wonderful gift from my baby's great-nanna.

We got a ton of very thoughtful gifts from TGuy's family, but the above was the one that made me cry.
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sometimes it is the things that seem the most simple that bring the most joy to us!

Hope everyone had a happy holiday!

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
No bling for me, BUT my faaaavorite gift was from FH, it's an Apex jacket from The Northface.
30.gif
I've wanted one for almost two years but they're VERY expensive so I never bought one for myself. He also gave me a garlic press (I wanted one), a cling for the window of my new car (which I haven't found yet), a box of Ghirardelli chocolate (I love them) and the series Planet Earth on DVD. I also got a cake decorating organizer from my FMIL (which I didn't even know I needed, but I did!) and a couples massage (with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries!) from my FBIL.

I also got a digital camera from my mother, but I don't talk to her so I gave it back. (that's a whole other issue).
20.gif

All in all Christmas was okay, but in general it sucked pretty hard.
40.gif

NFAPEX.jpg

GoingCrazy

Rough_Rock
My husband gave me a locket with my mom''s picture and my son''s picture inside.

My mom passed away almost 6 years ago and it''s still really hard for me.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Goingcrazy, what a thoughtful gift from your hubby. I''m sure the locket means the world to you!

Santa was very good to me this year too. I got a Kitchen Aide mixer that I''ve always wanted that I didn''t register for when we first got married. I love that thing. I also got lots of workout clothes and gear and a beautiful silver jewlery box with my monogram on it from Pottery Barn. I also got gift cards to get new clothes at Ann Taylor, Victoria''s Secret, etc. and hope to pick up an SI Ultrasonic cleaner this week with one of my amex giftcards.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/1/2008 9:28:14 PM
Author: nebe
No bling for me, BUT my faaaavorite gift was from FH, it''s an Apex jacket from The Northface. I''ve wanted one for almost two years but they''re VERY expensive so I never bought one for myself. He also gave me a garlic press (I wanted one), a cling for the window of my new car (which I haven''t found yet), a box of Ghirardelli chocolate (I love them) and the series Planet Earth on DVD. I also got a cake decorating organizer from my FMIL (which I didn''t even know I needed, but I did!) and a couples massage (with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries!) from my FBIL.

I also got a digital camera from my mother, but I don''t talk to her so I gave it back. (that''s a whole other issue).
20.gif

All in all Christmas was okay, but in general it sucked pretty hard.
40.gif

Nessa, I''m sorry to hear you''re not talking to your mom. I hope things imporove! :) I got a new Denali North Face jacket from my Nate. You know, they do cost a lot, but I really don''t think there is anything better out there. I go through color phases and now I''m on my third jacket.

One of my best gifts was a LOT of Calphalon cookware. My mom got me a 16 piece set of the anodized and my sister in law got me a set of stainless steel.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Santa was very good to me as well. I got my diamond studs as well as the following:

A Le Cruset dutch oven (I''ve wanted one for years but couldn''t justify the expense) it was a total surprise
2 new pairs of Dansko clogs
3 sweaters from Old Navy
A trip to the Banana Republic outlet for their big sale this week (bought SO much stuff for under $100!)
A few CDs
An ultrasonic cleaner
Smart wool socks
some gift certificates
some money that went towards a big Victoria''s Secret order
A new fondue pot-which we used on NYEve-so much fun

And we still haven''t done Christmas with FI''s family yet!
I also got a new sister! My brother and his long time gf got engaged on the Saturday before Christmas.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn''t get anything huge but lots of nice thoughtful gifts;
land''s end gift certificate and some cash, which I converted some into boots a sweater and woven shirt. My MIL took me out shopping and paid for a wallet and purse I picked out which was very thoughtful!
Some lavender and lemongrass scented body products
The latest League of Extraordinary Gentlemen anthology and book "Wicked" which I am enjoying.
A lunch box
a lovely silver and pearl necklace from my sister (yes she knows my taste!)
Burt''s Bee sampler

It was a very nice holiday season. My husband worked alot this season (he is a bartender) and I really missed him, glad that crazy part of the season is over. Usually the tree is down by New Year''s day, but my oldest daughter is loving the tree so much I told her I''d leave it up a couple more days and she jumped up and down with joy.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love reading about everyone''s "loot!" Santa was pretty kind as usual this year...DH and I got another place setting of our china, (finally we have a set of 8, after being married for 4 years, lol), I got a new set of PB sheets and two sets of PB Sausalito dishes and the butter dish/gravy boat to match...now we just need a hutch to put everything in...my parents gave me a new coat from JCrew and a few little fun things, and my boss gave us a gift card to Lettuce Entertain You restaurants.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH got me pave diamond hoops
30.gif
I got a coach purse and a diamond circle pendent from the inlaws. I also got a really nice jewelry box. My parents are buying our airfare to Tucson. Plus I got lots of gift cards to buy clothes (once I lose some weight).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

After Christmas really--a Dyson vac!! Totally in love
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

carabella

Shiny_Rock
I got a beautiful set of Mauviel copper pans from my husband...I had my eye on a ruby and diamond pendant, but got the pans. I''m hoping the pendant comes around for Valentine''s Day...

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
well, since we are expecting our 3rd child in late june/early July, we needed a new car. My Cr-V will not hold 3 car seats.

We happened to find what we wanted right before Christmas, so money is going to be tight tight for a little while!! hahaha

it''s a GMC Acadia, 7 passenger, AWD, with a towing package (which is a must for us) and we couldn''t be happier! We agreed to forgo gifts to eachother this year bc of that fact.

Here''s a picture. IT is not my picture but I scoured the net for one the same color as mine :)

it is a beautiful sapphire blue
18.gif

ACADIA002.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I got some money from my parents.

A photo of my mom,dad, brother, me and my sister when we were younger, enlarged and framed and a book from my sister.

A homemedics air revitalizer from my brother and new wife.

Some clothes from other relatives.

A balenciaga flat messenger in Sienna/Tabac.

And a few accent pieces we needed around the house that we finally decided to just go ahead and order, such as the Pottery Barn Gayle etagierres, and a leather arm chair and ottoman, a huge mirror for the front entrance, etc.

My husband got a snow blower from me.
23.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i got dh a 37" lcd tv
and he got me a macbook pro 17"

from family:

2 place settings and 2 sets of flatware (we realized we needed 10 instead of the 8 we registered for)
$100 gift card to crate and barrel (where we registered and were able to pick up the rest of our glassware for a complete set of 10)
gift card to ticket master
tickets to see blue man group
and cash

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got money from my parents, and we bought a gorgeous silk wool rug to put in our new media room with it.

I gave DH a Sony HD projector, and he gave me a gorgeous brown velvet ZGallerie couch to put in our media room that I''ve wanted forever. It matches my ZGallerie chaise that he gave me for our first anniversary, so I was so happy with that!

Also from DH, a pair of brown Coach signature fur snow boots, a Gap sweater-jacket, a few cookbooks, and my earring jackets that I got after Christmas.

In Laws gave us some NEAT Frank Lloyd Wright stuff and gift cards to Fry''s, JCP, and a few other places.

SIL gave me a gorgeous brown and blue satin blankey, and a 5 qt. dutch oven.

Sister gave me another cookbook I''ve been wanting. I gave her a Slanket, and when I ordered her one, I ordered one for myself.

It was a lovely Christmas.
1.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
happy new year everyone!

my DH completely surprised me, and brought tears to my eyes with the best gift ever. over the past four years i have emailed friends and family with humorous snippets about our two toddlers and the things they do & say. well, every chance he got for two months prior to xmas, he snuck onto my computer to collect these snippets along with photos of the kiddos (i''m in charge of photos). he put them all together and created a scrapbook for me!! he used a program to design the pages and had it professionally printed and scored to fit the album he selected. now, the thought and effort behind this were beyond words, but add to that the fact that this man is an engineer by degree and NOT a creative type, and you might get some sense of how floored i was!!
30.gif
and yes, it was BEAUTIFULLY done, even though i would have loved just the same had it been a hot mess!
2.gif

but THAT IS NOT ALL.... two days later i opened the packages sent to me by my best friend who moved to the opposite coast seven years ago and what did SHE give me???? her OWN handmade scrapbook with photos and memories of her visit out to me a year ago!!!! TEARS EVERYWHERE this year!!!

i was overwhelmed this year, this christmas was one for the books for me (yes, pun intended).
2.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock

Happy New Year!!!

I got a great new camera for Christmas from my DH and i
emlove.gif
it soooo much. a canon digital rebel xti.

highly recommend!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
From DH: a new "everyday" wedding band that is a thinner version of his, a "nosewarmer" (a woman on Ebay crochets these, not kidding), adorable Eddie Bauer PJ pants, and a 20x loupe

From my Mom and Dad: (I''m an only child - it still gets a little crazy): A ginormous coach leather bag, two coach wristlets, a pair of tall Uggs (b/c of the move to Iowa - we''ve had 19 inches so far!), a canon digital elph sd 850 is, and some clothes from Ann Talylor Loft (my favorite place on earth)

From DH''s family: a wusthof knife, $ for a massage, a couple sets of our Dansk Bistro silverware, a subscription to US Weekly and my MIL got me the complete set of Arrested Development - which I''d never seen but am now completely hooked

There is no way I was that good!! I''m actually hoping that next year is a little bit more subdued. Is that strange?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results