shape
carat
color
clarity

Holiday gift for the hubs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
DCGator- Re: a high end gift idea...

I''m guessing your DH is a runner of marathons? And don''t they give completion medals for all contestants? Have you ever thought about paying to have all of his medals put in a display case professionally? or get a really nice display case that he can begin to put them in?

There is a PGA golf tournament in our home town that my parents go to every year, and they have always saved their badges. Well one Christmas my mom took the whole lot and hed them put in personalized display cases that my dad has hung in his office. The badges are small so she got two separate boxes of 10 badges in each made, and they are almost to the point where she will make the third case of 10.

It was one of my dad''s favorite gifts ever.

Something like this...

displaycasemarathonmedals.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock

DCGator- this was a double post, but I replied to you on the previous page.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
x2

My comp is acting up this morning.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Mer: Thanks for the idea, I think that may just be the ticket!

In addition, since you win the prize for cool ideas this morning, do you have another nicer gift that may not be related to running. I don''t want him to get only running gifts, lol.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
He''s got (we''re already using it) a PS3 bundle on Black Friday..but I think I want to get him something small as a surprise. I was thinking maybe a watch? His old one stopped working..he uses his phone, but it''s an idea at least.

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock

This is something else that I''ve been working on ever since we visited one of DHs friends. I am not going to have it ready by Christmas, but since the first year anniversary is paper...

We recently visited DHs friend and his wife. They each have their own study, but everytime they take a vacation together (alone or with the kids) she buys him the Wallpaper City Guide for where they are going. They look very beautiful lined up next to each other and even though she said that they are missing several, when you see them all together, they are really impressive.

I am working on a collection of these books for DH since he is an uber-geek when it comes to travel and he LOVES to do research and jot down notes and stuff. So far I have: Las Vegas, Montreal, Madrid, Frankfurt, Munich and Vienna...I am waiting for the Tokyo book in March and the New York City one is sold out. They don''t have one for Punta Cana (which is where we were married) or any of the beaches in Mexico that we''ve been to (Playa del Carmen, Cozumel and Cancun)

7.gif

By the time I give it to him next summer, I will add Milan to it as well as our honeymoon which is now back up in the air.

For any of you who think it might be fun to give to your hubbies (or any other traveler in your family), the books are really affordable at around $10 each. I''m giving the Munich one to my boss who has to travel there at least once a year. Here is a picture I found online of how they look lined up next to each other.

WallpaperCityGuides2010.jpg

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Meresal -- The baby Jordans are such a cute idea for a gift for your husband! Just too adorable!

Hudson Hawk -- I asked for socks as well. I think it''s a great gift - there are those people who never think to buy them for themselves, and almost everyone needs them!
1.gif

I have no idea what to get DH, but it will probably involve new clothes -- because he literally will not go shopping without me. He''s got pants in his wardrobe that have been around since the first Bush administration.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
BigT- Thank you! He almsot ruined it this weekend when we were shopping, and I ended up in tears. Preggo hormones are awesome
20.gif

DCgator- I''m glad you liked the idea! What other things is he interested in? I''m sure I can come up with something!

WannaB- What a GREAT idea! I am going to start searching now!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/2/2009 12:44:49 AM
Author: kama_s
This year has been a hard year for me in terms of gift giving. He is a man of very few needs/wants and there''s nothing left in his ''want'' list after all the wedding gifts I got him this year. So far I have:

- Tickets to a musical (Fiddler on the Roof)
- A wool/cashmere scarf
- A remote control helicopter
- Made him a plate for his wallet, keys etc in pottery class

And then odds and ends that go into his stocking including some books, CDs (one of which is a vintage collectors edition), a game (scrabble card game that I secretly want
3.gif
), DVD set of one his favourite shows, english toffee etc
I just bought him a DiggNation hoodie. The geek in him is going to LOVE it!

I also went to the ''One of a Kind Show'' and bought him some yummy Canadian home-made goodies.

lliang, any luck so far? Did you want to bounce off ideas here? Soemtimes that helps too!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I decided to get him a Wii this year, especially now that they''re marked down. He''s got an old Xbox that he doesn''t play much anymore, but he talked about how much some of his friends like their Wiis, and so I''m taking the hint :)

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
My husband loves music and the radio so I am getting him an XM radio and a year subscription.

Also, we live on a lake, so I am getting a custom made sign that has the name of Lake, our last name and since we were married this year, it will say Est. 2009. Its a really cute vitnage looking sign with an old school speed boat on it. I can''t wait to see how it turns out.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
mintve: Can I just say that is THE cutest puppy picture! What an adorable little pumpkin!
9.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
For all the guys that wanted the RC Helicopter. I got my hubby one for something. I can''t remember if it was anny, bday or what, but they are pretty expensive and fragile. His is currently sitting in its stand because after having it for 2 weeks he wrecked it and it will not work anymore. It will run and steer, but will not lift off the ground.

In another thread I posted that I am getting my husband night vision goggles and a USB drum kit

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 2:10:34 PM
Author: radiantquest
For all the guys that wanted the RC Helicopter. I got my hubby one for something. I can''t remember if it was anny, bday or what, but they are pretty expensive and fragile. His is currently sitting in its stand because after having it for 2 weeks he wrecked it and it will not work anymore. It will run and steer, but will not lift off the ground.

In another thread I posted that I am getting my husband night vision goggles and a USB drum kit
Ooooh, where did you get night vision goggles? My DH loves fun toys like that...

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I am so boring. I''m just getting DH clothes, but he needs them! He''s getting:

- Sweaters
- Boxers
- Dress shirts
- A new navy blue blazer with gold buttons since he wore out the last one (he wore it so often that people ask me if he actually sleeps in it, too)
- His favorite team''s football jersey with his name and favorite number on it

I am still trying to decide whether to get him freezable plastic beer steins with his favorite team''s logo on them. I know he would love them, but I''m not sure whether I should encourage more tailgating/drinking
3.gif

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
an expensive bottle of whiskey :)

katamari

Ideal_Rock
DH will be getting brewing supplies. More beer for us!
18.gif
9.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 3:07:44 PM
Author: dcgator

Date: 12/10/2009 2:10:34 PM
Author: radiantquest

Ooooh, where did you get night vision goggles? My DH loves fun toys like that...
I got them at Toys R Us. They are really expensive if you get the professional ones, but just to play with these are just fine. They are made by a good company and see 50 ft. They are out of stock now. I just went and checked. Thank you so much for asking though because I paid $69.99 for them and they are now $39.98. You better believe that I called and they are going to refund my $30. WooHoo.

I am sure that they are available in other places. Check amazon.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 9:27:43 AM
Author: elrohwen
We saw a lot of sequoias and redwoods on our honeymoon and saw an awesome book about big and unusual trees in a gift shop. We didn''t get it at the time, but I knew DH would love it because he''s obsessed with big trees, so I got it for Xmas. That''s pretty much it, actually ... we''re not big gift people and didn''t want to spend a lot. Though he did just buy a new video game and called it his Christmas present, even though it''s a month early
20.gif

We''re not big gift people either -- if we happen to see a show/concert or go away for a weekend, etc. throughout the year (anything different and special), we usually call it our Christmas gift to each other. I have NO idea what we''ll do this year though because we don''t want to spend any money. Hmmm...

Lliang, I know you''re pretty health conscious, but I''ll just throw this idea out there. One thing that my husband did for me a few years ago was take me to a chocolate bar at a hotel in Boston. It may have been for Valentine''s Day, but I know I''ve seen them around the other winter holidays too. That was something totally different and it was really fun. Maybe you could take your husband somewhere that has a special event going on around the holidays?

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 10:49:10 AM
Author: dcgator
mintve: Can I just say that is THE cutest puppy picture! What an adorable little pumpkin!
9.gif
thanks DC gator, he is a sweet doggie, his name is Charisma :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results