shape
carat
color
clarity

Here''s my upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've got to be the only one on PS...my 2 babies together=)

CIMG2857-2.JPG

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My own tiffany counter...
2.gif

CIMG2863-2.JPG

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
you can see the difference between the new prong tips and the old ones here. I like the new ones a lot better=)

CIMG2856-2.JPG

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
a new look maybe?
41.gif

CIMG2869-2.JPG

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
seems like everyone has one of these shots with the darker background, so I took one too=P

CIMG2844-2.JPG

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
shot of the profile for anyone considering the superbcert replica...

CIMG2829-2.JPG

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
It is stunning!! I think the color is great too!! Enjoy your new bling!!!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
i love sparkles
30.gif

CIMG2842-2.JPG

lili

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous stone!
It is soooo much bigger than your previous stone.
Congrats on your new upgrade.

iceprincess

Shiny_Rock
Ooh la la! Love the new upgrade. I''m a fellow Superbcert 6-prong tiffany replica-wearer myself and I love the look of the solitare with your eternity ring. My combo, too. Enjoy your new bauble in good health.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Carebear, I had to check in and see if you got pics of your ring up! I am so glad you love it! It looks TDF!
30.gif
And that tiffany replica is fabulous! I love how the prong tips look too! Enjoy your new ring!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful set. Such beautiful photography.
21.gif

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
love it. i have a sc tiff replica too. now i really want an upgrade and an eternity band. just gorgeous!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
wow CareBear! Love your new upgrade! Yummy arrows. And the smaller prongs look much nicer! I agree that your eternity ring looks more proportional to your new diamond. What a great excuse to get a bigger diamond! Darn, I should have gotten a bigger eternity band!
31.gif
hehe. J/K! I''m happy with what I have.
1.gif

Can''t wait to see your new upgrade in person!!!

What do you think of the I color?

I may have missed this somewhere, but did you end up getting a whole new superbcert setting b/c they would have needed to make the head bigger to accommodate your new diamond? And it''s just better to get a new setting altogether?

Can we get a whole hand shot of your rings together?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really looks great, Carebear! I do like the new prong tips better. If I get them to make one, will he know who Carebear is, because I need to tell him to make the prong tips like yours!

I''m still not 100% decided, but I really have to decide this coming week.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
thanks everyone for the compliments!

Mara, KD, Snlee, I will definitely bring it to the next GTG. I'm pretty sure I'm over the color already. When I first saw the ring, I can definitely see the color difference. Now it's looking whiter and whiter=) When I place it next to the colorless CZ I can see some color again. I am not comfortable with owning it yet. yesterday i found myself hiding my hands in my pocket when people walk by and at dinner I noticed I tried not to use my left hand. I'm also hoping nobody notices that I changed the diamond. I remembered KD mentioning her initial discomfort. Did anyone else feel that way? How long before you get used to it?

Snlee, I had to get a whole new setting. I asked SC if I can just change the head of the setting but I was told that they couldn't just swap out the head for this setting. something I didn't think about when I got my first stone. That delayed my upgrade for a while cos I didn't feel like "wasting" my setting. But it's also the reason why I got this stone. Initially I was looking for a ~1.8 but G or H color. but the size diff between a 1.4 and 1.8 isn't as much. I was worried DSS would kick in really fast and I would end up wasting another setting for a second upgrade. a couple of options for the old setting: pearlmans says they can try to sell it for me, or I can scrap the platinum (which I really don't want to do), or like Lili suggested, put a colored stone in it. I'm not sure how a colored stone would look in a solitaire, most i've seen have diamond accents. I also know nothing about colored ones.
I'll take pics of all the rings together later today!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/12/2006 2:05:50 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
It really looks great, Carebear! I do like the new prong tips better. If I get them to make one, will he know who Carebear is, because I need to tell him to make the prong tips like yours!

I''m still not 100% decided, but I really have to decide this coming week.
Barry doesn''t know who carebear is but I think my ring is one of the samples on the tiff replica page on the excel website, bottom row.
http://www.exceldiamonds.com/-Engagement-Rings-5/Traditional-Solitaire-Engagement-Rings-11/Classic-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-In-Platinum-640.html
I''m sure he still remembers my prong request. I sent him pics and a long email describing what bothered me about my last setting=P Just make sure to tell him before they start making the setting. also you can ask him if he''ll take pics before he sends it out, that way if they come out different from what you expected, you can have them modify it before they ship it out to you. hope it works out!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
carebear, i just love the new look...it''s divine!!

on the old setting, i''d just put a cz in it and wear it when you go on vacation so that you have something to wear but don''t have to risk your big one in a place like mexico or something yanno? just a thought! i''m sure you could easily sell it through pearlmans though as, the setting is a popular one!

oh and yes for a few weeks i didn''t want anyone to notice my new upgrade since i didn''t want to have to hear the exclamations of ''again'' or ''wow another diamond'' or ''what number is this now'' or whatever. i honestly think some of my friends still don''t really know for sure! hehee. a funny story though, we had a BBQ at our house about a month ago or so and i was making my friend some of my ''famous'' guac and he was sitting at the island watching me and everyone was talking around us and i kept seeing his eyes go to my hand. first, second, third time....i was like uh oh he is going to say something, he knows. finally after a few more long glances he says ''mara is that a new diamond??''. caught! i just started laughing because i could sooo see the wheels turning in his mind the whole time. so i fessed up and of course i got some flak, but then we started talking about his gf (who was there) and how she wanted a yellow diamond for engagement and i was like oh you are in for it now buddy!! hehee.

widget

Ideal_Rock
It''s fabulous, CareBear! Congrats!!!!!

Now get yer hand outta that pocket and strut that sucker!!!
9.gif

widget

orangevixen

Shiny_Rock
carebear, it''s amazing! congrats
1.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
That is beautiful. A gorgeous stone.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
the ultimate "look"! thanks snlee for the idea!

CIMG2880-2.JPG

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

CIMG2881-2.JPG

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/12/2006 2:29:51 PM
Author: Mara
carebear, i just love the new look...it''s divine!!

on the old setting, i''d just put a cz in it and wear it when you go on vacation so that you have something to wear but don''t have to risk your big one in a place like mexico or something yanno? just a thought! i''m sure you could easily sell it through pearlmans though as, the setting is a popular one!

oh and yes for a few weeks i didn''t want anyone to notice my new upgrade since i didn''t want to have to hear the exclamations of ''again'' or ''wow another diamond'' or ''what number is this now'' or whatever. i honestly think some of my friends still don''t really know for sure! hehee. a funny story though, we had a BBQ at our house about a month ago or so and i was making my friend some of my ''famous'' guac and he was sitting at the island watching me and everyone was talking around us and i kept seeing his eyes go to my hand. first, second, third time....i was like uh oh he is going to say something, he knows. finally after a few more long glances he says ''mara is that a new diamond??''. caught! i just started laughing because i could sooo see the wheels turning in his mind the whole time. so i fessed up and of course i got some flak, but then we started talking about his gf (who was there) and how she wanted a yellow diamond for engagement and i was like oh you are in for it now buddy!! hehee.
One of my female friends stared at my ring for the longest time yesterday. But since I haven''t been able to wear my ring for the past 3 weeks she couldn''t really remember if the size has been changed. finally she just said, I see you are wearing your ring again! I went to a bbq today, but I left it at home because this other friend of mine can definitely tell it''s been changed and would fuss over it in front of everyone=P

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
it''s amazing carebear
Love it

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
what size do you wear?

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/13/2006 2:25:00 PM
Author: sevens one
what size do you wear?
the ering is a 4+ and the eternity band is 4.25. I have short stubby fingers
41.gif

rogue

Shiny_Rock
It looks so beautiful and huge, and your fingers look great wearing the rings!!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Carebear ~
emrose.gif

Ooo La,la is right!
3.gif

I can see why your so excited!
36.gif
Your new diamond is sparklie huge!
30.gif

It looks great with your eternity band too!
emlove.gif
emthup.gif

We definately need to see some flower
emphoto.gif
''s ... don''t ya think???
31.gif

That is so cool you have your own "tiff counter!"
18.gif
28.gif

Enjoy your new beauty!
emstar.gif
emlove.gif
emstar.gif

Have a
emhot.gif
wonderful day, I am sooo happy for you!
face23.gif

35.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, gorgeous upgrade! I love the arrows!! The new prongs look much better too. Congratulations!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results