shape
carat
color
clarity

Here is mine, now can I get some suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rosieredrocket

Rough_Rock
Here is a pic of my set together. I posted on another thread that I am looking for a new setting for the ering that has diamonds to show off it a bit.. BUT I need it to fit with my wedding band. Can anyone help?

rosieredrocket

Rough_Rock
Picture didn't post properly

rosieredrocket1.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi rosie,
I posted in your other thread too. I think the reason folks aren''t chiming in with a ton of idea''s is b/c they really just don''t know what direction to tell you. I completely understand wanting to keep your wedding band but it really limits how to re-set your stone. I''d just take a look at a bunch of websites, artofplatinum, pearlmans etc. for some setting ideas and see if anything strikes your fancy. Also, going into stores and trying on the different styles really is the best way to tell what you really like on your hand. you mentioned in your other thread wanting a more open setting so I think something like the vatche x-prong solitaire would like nice with your stone and probably still work with your wedding band.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m probably not being helpful, but I LOVE the ring/set as is ---- how about another all diamond band over the top for when you want more bling!!! I just love the way it looks now, so I would want to keep that as an option and have some versatility.

rosieredrocket

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/8/2008 10:07:47 AM
Author: mrssalvo
Hi rosie,
I posted in your other thread too. I think the reason folks aren''t chiming in with a ton of idea''s is b/c they really just don''t know what direction to tell you. I completely understand wanting to keep your wedding band but it really limits how to re-set your stone. I''d just take a look at a bunch of websites, artofplatinum, pearlmans etc. for some setting ideas and see if anything strikes your fancy. Also, going into stores and trying on the different styles really is the best way to tell what you really like on your hand. you mentioned in your other thread wanting a more open setting so I think something like the vatche x-prong solitaire would like nice with your stone and probably still work with your wedding band.
Thanks for the name of some jewler sites. Much appreciated. I will go and have a look

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Have you thought of a graduated five stone?
Here's a Leon Mege shown with a cushion diamond.

http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=268

What about that idea, but with an even more gradual progression on a thicker shank, so your band could lie next to it.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Maybe something like this? My personal preferance would still be for something like pokey''s ring, a pave split shank. Pokey special.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2008 2:10:17 PM
Author: mercoledi
Maybe something like this? My personal preferance would still be for something like pokey''s ring, a pave split shank. Pokey special.

Ah! That''s what I meant--Mercoledi--your first example
9.gif

I really love the split shank too.
Like this...
http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=360

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
There's another one I can't find. I think it's prong-set graduated stones, a fairly new design and I really thought I'd bookmarked it. Anyone? Maybe 9 stones total?

Similar 1
Similar 2

rosieredrocket

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/8/2008 2:10:17 PM
Author: mercoledi
Oh my gosh, I love them both. I never thought that i would go for pave but there is something that makes it look so sparkly. I am also looking at halos in an attempt to throw some more sparkle the way of my sapphire. I loved my old setting when I got it but now it just feels too chunky on my hand. When I wear it by itself it just looks so plain. I never thought that I was a diamond girl, but I guess in my old age things change!!!
9.gif

Thank you for your wonderful suggestions!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty set, I love that it is so unique! SInce you said that it feels chunky to you...I would consider re-setting the sapphire in a thinner solitaire setting and adding a diamond band for some sparkle. Or how about turning your ering into a three stone with trilion, half moon or pear side diamonds?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I looove the sapphire, and I know what you mean about feeling like one''s wedding set is too "chunky", I recently re-set my e-ring and got a new wedding band for the very same reason. And, like you, when I re-set my sapphire solitaire, I added diamonds, which I also never thought I would like! Now I love them
2.gif
!

I like all the suggestions that the other posters have made, but I''d add that maybe you can consder wearing your current wedding band as a right hand ring? That is what I did with my diamond half-eternity band that used to be my wedding band... then I got a simple thin gold band to wear with my re-set e-ring. Then you could go in any direction you wanted with setting that KILLER sapphire!!

DD
35.gif

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2008 10:07:47 AM
Author: mrssalvo
Hi rosie,
I echo mrssalvo''s suggestion of of going into stores and trying on different styles. I too, have tried to match up a new setting to my wedding band and it proved to be challenging! What I thought would look good, did not. And styles I''d never think of trying on looked okay. You really need to go play a bit. Trying on different styles really helped me narrow down the direction to take when redeigned my ering.
2.gif

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Yes just try all sorts of different things on and see what you like. I''m partial to halos myself
12.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think making it a three stone ring with diamond sides would be gorgeous! You can either do two smaller ovals or half moons.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results