shape
carat
color
clarity

Help to design a ring - photo inside

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
LD that''s a lovely diamond, and I like the carre cuts and baguette idea. I have nothing new to add but I think it''s easier if you have diamonds to play with.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE your new purchase. I''d wait till I got it and then try it with YG and WG and see which color brings out the best colors in the stone. In sunlight, shade, and inside in incand. light and fluro. light.

HTH

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/24/2009 8:33:04 PM
Author: sonomacounty
Oh Gosh - I Love It.

From what I know, white gold is what people choose to play up the color in their stone. Also, very white side stones, I believe.

Do you have a guess on the color grade?

The sweetie in my avitar is a ''P''. Now set in white gold to play up the color.
The lab cert says yellowish/brown so I think it''s just crept into the coloured diamond descriptors rather than the white diamond scale IYKWIM! I''m going to be sent more photos tomorrow before it''s shipped (a hand shot) so will see more then.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2009 3:25:06 PM
Author: Gailey
Date: 10/24/2009 9:41:33 AM

Author: arjunajane

Li LD,

pretty stone!

jff, I thought I would add this photo of some carre cuts with tapered baggs.

Liking the idea of incorporating a couple carre cuts for your ring, and also the 2 tone.
Nice stones AJ. Are they yours? What's the story morning glory?

Hiya Gailey - just saw this - I wish, lol!

It was a photo sent to me by an Australian vendor when I was still considering using them (and these cuts) to set my sapphire.

Not to hijack, as I thought it could potentially come in handy to LD - but they also sent me this photo of this second (smaller) set - I believe the first set is close to 3ctw! And these more like 1ctw..

Apologies for the weird green background in this one
40.gif
I still love this idea and will def. be shelving it for a later project.

Okay, sorry LD!!!

P1030933rs.JPG

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No worries AJ. To be honest, if I had tapered baguettes or trapezoids (I think those are trapezoids in your photo), I would be very tempted by your design.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2009 7:14:11 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds
No worries AJ. To be honest, if I had tapered baguettes or trapezoids (I think those are trapezoids in your photo), I would be very tempted by your design.

Hi LD, cheers!
Yes, they are step cut tapered trapz, as in this LM design..(which I think is fab btw!)..

Tbh, I felt a lil bad turning down the vendor that sourced these diamonds, as they did seem pretty good (esp. for Oz standards, lol)..but LD - the prices were just nuts! At least 25% more than Leon Mege himself
40.gif
lol.. ..
Now you know why I am constantly having my projects made in the US..
20.gif

Man, I wish I was like you and had gorgeous loose diamonds hanging around to create projects with! What fun!
30.gif

have you considered channel setting the carre cuts into the band? Or are you against this idea..?

r1291_016Ww step cuts aj2.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More expensive than LM? OMG AJ that's not good.

TBH I bought an eternity band from Ebay that had carre cuts (being sold as Asschers!) and didn't think for one minute they were diamonds but on arrival tested them and they were! My jeweller, when he saw them, also thought they weren't diamonds but again, he tested them and was very surprised! I tend to look for rings like this to take apart from accent diamonds and have had some great finds in the past.

I'm not keen on channel set on shoulders. I had a ton of rings like that but they just don't "do" it for me! I really appreciate seeing it in other rings but even that LM ring doesn't make my heart race! I love traps though and I'm constantly looking for a ring with traps to liberate!
2.gif

Stone Hunter - meant to say - totally agree about the colour of the gold!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
But, you would not have to channel set them, right? You could use prongs. Once you get the stone, you need to line the diamonds up on each side and just see.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2009 8:31:57 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds
More expensive than LM? OMG AJ that''s not good.

TBH I bought an eternity band from Ebay that had carre cuts (being sold as Asschers!) and didn''t think for one minute they were diamonds but on arrival tested them and they were! My jeweller, when he saw them, also thought they weren''t diamonds but again, he tested them and was very surprised! I tend to look for rings like this to take apart from accent diamonds and have had some great finds in the past.

I''m not keen on channel set on shoulders. I had a ton of rings like that but they just don''t ''do'' it for me! I really appreciate seeing it in other rings but even that LM ring doesn''t make my heart race! I love traps though and I''m constantly looking for a ring with traps to liberate!
2.gif

hey LD,
cheers, that''s helpful info about the ebay rings - I''ve lusted after a carre cut eternity for some time now; I''ve given ebay a break in recent times, but may need to start looking around there again..

You''re 100% correct - (as long as there''s a reasonable return policy, I would love to take a chance on "liberating" some second hand carre or trap cuts!

I hear you on the channel set - this was the first channel ring I saw in *ages* that really jumped out at me - and I started to try and adapt it for my sapph. I guess it goes without saying, it just wasn''t working in the end - like yourself, as much as I appreciate looking at the design, I felt like I was "forcing" it for my sapphire..I''m so glad I decided to go a different direction in the end!

I like your current idea, with the carre cuts kinda creating "shoulders" next to the centre.

Looking forward to seeing what you decide - will you have a local jeweller create this?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the idea of re-using your carre cut stones. Of all the designs, my favourite is the one with 3 carre cuts on each side, giving it a tapered appearance. It helps the design flow nicely.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovingdiaonds,

Where did you find this beauty, it''s lovely?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Autumngems - a friend of mine is a gemstone dealer and he knows what I like (sometimes a good thing and sometimes not
23.gif
).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results