shape
carat
color
clarity

help me find a rock online

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

By the same criteria that rejected the deep G/VS above... this one sounds nice
34.gif

pwings

Rough_Rock
Does AGS triple Zero mean it has true hearts and arrrows?

Where are the links guys, no more?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2006 10:48:36 PM
Author: pwings
Does AGS triple Zero mean it has true hearts and arrrows?
nope. no way no how. ags does not grade optical symmetry.

pwings

Rough_Rock
so there''s no way to tell if hearts and arrows are present on a certificate?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
there might be some kind of ''certificate'' somewhere (NOT from gia or ags) that states that a stone has hearts and arrows effect, but this is just a notation and not any indication of true hearts and arrows. labs do not grade optical symmetry. the only way to know if you have true h&a is to verify with a h&a viewer, or buy a branded stone.

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
Buying an AGS-0 that''s not branded as H&A can be a great way to end up with a stone that still shows H&A but that costs a lot less. When we bought our stone, we just called the vendor and asked them to look at it and tell us if they saw the pattern. They honestly told us that it did look like an H&A stone, but maybe not quite as crisp and perfect as a branded one - but who can tell that without a microscope? Since people don''t go around looking at your stone with a microscope, it looks just as good on the hand and costs a lot less.

pwings

Rough_Rock
I went to the diamond district today, and they showed me a stone that was both gia and ags certified. The stone was certified AGS 0 but was GIA ex/vg, is this possible? Whats goin on here?

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
Was there an actual AGS certificate? Or did the stone just fit into AGS-O proportions, but was actually graded by GIA?

pwings

Rough_Rock
I didn''t see the actual certificate, but she said it was certified by both AGS and GIA. She had like a little card, and it said AGS0 and ex/vg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
'Little card' sounds funny - I don't think AGS has any report in such format, but I could be wrong. More likely, this could have been a report from one of the devices that measures diamond proportions ('Sarin' is one... there's more).

But anyway, labs do not agree on cut and finish grades. They all need to make money
11.gif
... so what good would that do to them if they all gave you the same opinion?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have a really hard time believing that gia gave a vg for symmetry and ags gave the ideal needed for an ags0. that dosen''t make any sense.

pwings

Rough_Rock
thats what i said belle. I think im going to have a hard time finding a G VS2 2k AGS 0 for under 18500.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2006 10:39:54 AM
Author: pwings
thats what i said belle. I think im going to have a hard time finding a G VS2 2k AGS 0 for under 18500.
why would you think you could?
33.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
What happened to the Blue nile stone & the James Allen stone? Both seemed to VERY nice stones representing a good value - in that if you hit the 2carat mark, you will be paying a premium for that mark.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
for me, the only choice is between the jamesallen and the first wf stone. i would easily pay the little extra for the bigger size of the wf one.

pwings

Rough_Rock
valeria, which would u pick?

Incognito2

Rough_Rock
Pwings....

Any chance you are from upstate NY?

pwings

Rough_Rock
incongnito, im from brooklyn.

Incognito2

Rough_Rock
Oh ok.....you are looking for essentially the exact same thing as a friend of mine from Syracuse, and I told him about PS a couple of days before you registered for the site......it all seemed like a whole lot of coincidence to me. Good luck in your search....it looks like you have a bunch of great options to go with! My one question is....how color sensitive is she/you? If the two of you can''t notice color differences easily, I would say you can easily drop to H,I and eye clean SI1 to maximize size (that of course assumes that size matters.....which is probably a whole other topic, ladies
17.gif
) Anyway, I am sure whatever you find will be spectacular with the budget you are working with!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results