shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a cushion cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I am looking for a cushion cut stone for a particular ring setting. It will be custom made so the size doesn''t have to be exact. I''m thinking a decent size as I''d like this to be a middle finger ring. So maybe 7-9mm? More on the higher end. My middle finger is a size 8.5-9. I''d prefer a light blue. Pink would be ok as would a light green, but I have recently bought too many green stones. Maybe an Aqua. The stone will be an open bezel - like a collet set I think they call it? So a light stone will darken some I suppose. I''m open to any and all suggestions. Thanks!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
If you like concave cuts, Richard Homer has a lot of his aquamarine on sale.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/14/2009 10:24:46 AM
Author: Kismet
If you like concave cuts, Richard Homer has a lot of his aquamarine on sale.
A concave is on my list. I haven't seen one in person and am afraid to get one without seeing it in person first

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/14/2009 10:14:34 AM
Author: hoofbeats95
Am I familiar with vallejo? I''m not sure. Is that stone well cut? That one picture is awful. I have one aqua that is so light that it looks like a dirty foggy diamond. I need to make sure I don''t end up in the same boat. It will have a similar open setting as this one: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/photos-of-my-new-julia-kay-taylor-aqua-ring.122729/ Want some sparkle too. So what to you think TL? The stone is certainly affordable.
TL - can you still answer these questions?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sounds like an aquamarine might be a good choice. From what I’ve read here about Vallejo, he is an excellent precision cutter. Most of the material isn’t top colour but if patient, a very nice one will pop up occasionally. I don’t see an issue with the stone in an open bezel setting.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hi hoofbeats - I have gotten several stones from vallejo, but not through his auctions. All 3 of these stones are from him: the blue topaz is 8mm, the white topaz is 8.6mm, and the pale pink morganite is 8.3mm. Both topazes are done in the Americana cut (TL also had a pale aqua in the same cut on DB), and I think the morganite is a standard cushion cut. Just ignore the inclusions in the morganite, it''s not from the cutting. He also cut another morganite that I''ve already set - you can find it here. That one is a barion cushion, and I love seeing the arrows in that stone. His action stones tend to be smaller, and he usually doesn''t have many cushions there, so I''d just contact him directly if you''re interested.

vallejo topaz11a.JPG

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/14/2009 10:45:06 PM
Author: cellentani
Hi hoofbeats - I have gotten several stones from vallejo, but not through his auctions. All 3 of these stones are from him: the blue topaz is 8mm, the white topaz is 8.6mm, and the pale pink morganite is 8.3mm. Both topazes are done in the Americana cut (TL also had a pale aqua in the same cut on DB), and I think the morganite is a standard cushion cut. Just ignore the inclusions in the morganite, it''s not from the cutting. He also cut another morganite that I''ve already set - you can find it here. That one is a barion cushion, and I love seeing the arrows in that stone. His action stones tend to be smaller, and he usually doesn''t have many cushions there, so I''d just contact him directly if you''re interested.

cellentani--

How do you see Vallejo''s other stones/contact him for more options? Does he have a website? I have noticed that he doesn''t have many auctions currently, one I think.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2009 12:58:03 AM
Author: LamborghiniGirl

Date: 8/14/2009 10:45:06 PM
Author: cellentani

cellentani--

How do you see Vallejo''s other stones/contact him for more options? Does he have a website? I have noticed that he doesn''t have many auctions currently, one I think.
I think he might be working on a website with his contact info, but initially I think I just did the "ask seller a question" on one of his ebay auctions, and he messaged back with his email address. If he doesn''t have any current auctions, just look up his completed ones, and you can still send him questions through an ended auction. He recently moved and is still in transition, so don''t worry if it takes a couple of days before he gets back to you.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

geoffreysnow

Shiny_Rock
I''d email Gary at finewater. I got a 7mm aqua cushion from him and its very nice. I''m not sure if/when I''ll get around to setting this one but I can say that it''s very bright!
giraffecushion_IMG_1609.jpg

giraffecushion_IMG_1605.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
hoofbeats, did you get the cushion you were looking for? I noticed that a light aqua cushion on DB sold a few days ago. I know there''s a "situation," but I was just curious to know if you were able to find a stone.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know that I''ve found the stone for this ring yet. So I''m still open to suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results