shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me decide

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I worry that those side stones may not have enough sparkle.

I know you where thinking more side stones than accent diamonds, so let me see what options are our there.

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yay! I hope you both love the stone when you have it in hand (and we love to see pics!)

In your inspiration rongs above, the side stones were princesses. If you do end up loving the spinel, have you thought about the shapes you would like next to an oval?

For a setting, one option would be to look through what Stuller has and see if anything interests you. They don't list pricing online, but id you have a local jeweler they can source the setting (and side stones).

agingsparkle

Shiny_Rock
This design has some of the clean geometric aspects of what you'd originally looked at; I am not positive if she works with your own stones but does nice work in any color of gold. The center oval is approximately the size of the stone you've ordered so you can get an idea of scale in her photos. This price includes the stones, so you'd have some extra leeway for diamonds if that's what you want. https://www.etsy.com/listing/295218735/14-k-rose-gold-three-stone-octagon-ring?ref=shop_home_active_6

Here's another of her designs for an oval center (I think your center stone will look nicer) but again, more ideas...
https://www.etsy.com/listing/287579269/edwardian-ring-in-14-k-white-gold-with?ref=shop_home_active_43

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She doesn't set outside stones, sadly.

agingsparkle

Shiny_Rock
So unfortunate, she really has some nice clean-line settings for an oval stone!

Darwin503

Rough_Rock
Those are beautiful.

Unfortunately,I live in a very small town without a single jeweler. I would definitely prefer to find something online.

Incidentally, one of the nails in the coffin for gemvara (I was still considering them because of the ease of payment plans), was there current 15% promo. When I got the email I thought my decision was made based on that discount. I quickly pulled up the rings I had saved and was shocked to see that the regular price had risen 15-20% on all of them. What a scam.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Darwin503|1464621844|4038091 said:
Those are beautiful.

Unfortunately,I live in a very small town without a single jeweler. I would definitely prefer to find something online.

Incidentally, one of the nails in the coffin for gemvara (I was still considering them because of the ease of payment plans), was there current 15% promo. When I got the email I thought my decision was made based on that discount. I quickly pulled up the rings I had saved and was shocked to see that the regular price had risen 15-20% on all of them. What a scam.

I'm glad you're taking a very practical approach to shopping, not just buying on emotions. Someone buying emotionally probably would have just snatchrd up a gemvara ring , and your smarter than that.

I think with 1k you might be able to do something like this with 10-15 pointers.
Http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141793304550

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What does she think of either of these ideas. I have a feeling shell think turning it sideways might be a but crazy, lol.

picsart_05-30-12.jpg

_37394.jpg

Darwin503

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions. The eBay link would be perfect is it were a white metal. She hates yellow gold.

The sideways gem is interesting, but with a pink center stone it is hard to visualize it looking attractive. We really want that 3 stone look.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Darwin503|1464625695|4038130 said:
Thanks for the suggestions. The eBay link would be perfect is it were a white metal. She hates yellow gold.

The sideways gem is interesting, but with a pink center stone it is hard to visualize it looking attractive. We really want that 3 stone look.

I know you want that three stone look, both of those are three stones just different versions. The reason I suggested a bezel is you could get smaller stones , then bezel them to get more width with less actual diamond . Let me shoop that sideways one for you

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry this was quick and very dirty

picsart_23.jpg

Darwin503

Rough_Rock
Ok. We can get behind that arrangement. Thanks for doing that.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha no problem.

So I know where kind of on hold until you get the stone to see if you like it, but I would reach out to David Klass . Ask him if he can do a three stone in 14k white gold with about 20 pointers for 1k. If he can't, ask him his best price for the setting without stone (in case we have to find our own).
Tell him you want it in this style, but for rounds and the oval you're considering. It would be a good idea to send him the dimensions. Whatever orientation of the oval you guys like best.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/chryso-and-diamond-cushion-half-moon-ring-dk.214106/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/chryso-and-diamond-cushion-half-moon-ring-dk.214106/[/URL]

Here is is email. He's a busy man, so if he doesn't get back to you within maybe 4 days, try reaching out on his Instagram or Facebook he's easy to find.
[email protected]

What size is her finger, by the way?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1464626130|4038141 said:
Sorry this was quick and very dirty

Here's one to help visualize it with the other orientation. Obviously neither are proportionate to your stone, but I know seeing things helps.

I think there's positives to both. Setting it the north south or "normal" orientation is more traditional. It makes the fingers often seem more slender, and really emphasizes the difference in shapes between the center and sides.

Sideways is more unique, gives more horizontal finger coverage, and makes it easier to wear a regular band with it. Plus, doesn't make the difference in side stone shapes as obvious. It's all a matter of what you're going for

picsart_05-30-01.jpg

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Niel FTW again! That last mockup (NS w/6 prongs) looks amazing!

DK's phone number is on his Facebook page in case you need to follow up by phone at some point.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neil: you rock! I personally love the E/W orientation, but can definitely understand wanting it N/S since that is more common. Either way will be gorgeous!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a better example of a sideways oval with round side stones. Obviously the colors vs diamonds are reversed, but regardless

stevenkirschinc_1102181765525421887_583120910.png

indigoblue

Shiny_Rock

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Darwin503

Rough_Rock
I think this is the look we want. Sideways is beautiful, but combined with the colored stone it's a little too far from an engagement ring.

_3920.jpeg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Darwin503|1464741547|4038719 said:
I think this is the look we want. Sideways is beautiful, but combined with the colored stone it's a little too far from an engagement ring.

Alright so now it's a matter of who can make you that for a grand. I would suggest calling dk,as he hasn't been good at responding to his emails as of late... I feel like he could, but if he can't, I've got some other ideas of vendors who can do a three stone setting a fair price. I like that look too. I think it having 6 prongs makes it look very cool

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you where interested in the stone having that ever so slightly vintage vibe you could do 6 prongs on the oval 4 on the rounds, like this. Actually, I think you could do 3 prongs even on the rounds. But I'm probably getting ahead, need to see if you like the stone first ::)
I like how the rounds are about at the same level as the center, not tucked under at an angle.

Did you say what size her finger is? Also, when should you expect your stone? Tomorrow?

screenshot_2015-09-25-12-41-08_0.jpg

screenshot_2015-09-25-12-40-40_0.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[*]Saw this and thought of you, the rounds tucked under looks really nice too

picsart_06-01-09.jpg

Darwin503

Rough_Rock
Just got the stone. To prove I know absolutely nothing about jewelry, it was quite a bit smaller than I pictured.

It really sparkles in the light.

_3979.jpeg

_3980.jpeg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stones looks smaller when unset, too. How does it look what do you think of it?

Darwin503

Rough_Rock
It's a little darker than we though, but the cut is really nice and the way it catches the light is amazing. It's probably a keeper.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Darwin503|1465009604|4039982 said:
It's a little darker than we though, but the cut is really nice and the way it catches the light is amazing. It's probably a keeper.

Yeah see it in a lot of lighting , full sun can make it look darker. If it's too dark then we can keep looking. What's nice is a nice cut can be found in a lot of spinels , and they'll all have that nice spinel sparkle

Darwin503

Rough_Rock
Think this one is a keeper. I live in a small town 2 hours from the nearest jeweler. Should I take in for appraisal before the 7 days?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results