shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me decide between three stones for my replacement engagement ring!!! One of them is a FIC...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 9:50:43 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I totally understand about the color. If I were you, I would not try to choose between these three if one does not stand out. They''ll get more in, and you may be able to have more G-H SI2 stones to choose from.
Well...there is technically nothing wrong with the H/SI2 stone (it''s a knockout)...so maybe I should just pick that one. It''s already at the top of my budget, so I wouldn''t really be able to go larger and still stay in the G/H range. I''d love to be able to go bigger period, but since this whole thing was so unexpected I really wasn''t planning on any of this. I really think I''ll be thrilled with even a small increase in size and a new setting.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am liking no 2 but would pick 1 because it is bigger!!! Kcoursolle, yay for a bigger stone!!!
36.gif
36.gif
I can't wait too see the new ring
3.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to throw out Mrs Salvo''s wise words: A deal is not a deal unless you are getting exactly what you want... (I think that will apply most to stone #2).

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would really like to see the IS for the 3rd diamond, as if that looks good, it might be the WTG!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 11:18:47 PM
Author: Skippy123
I am liking no 2 but would pick 1 because it is bigger!!! Kcoursolle, yay for a bigger stone!!!
36.gif
36.gif
I can''t wait too see the new ring
3.gif
Both are lovely stones, thanks for your input Skip!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2007 2:07:57 AM
Author: poshpepper
Just wanted to throw out Mrs Salvo''s wise words: A deal is not a deal unless you are getting exactly what you want... (I think that will apply most to stone #2).
Indeed MrsSalvo''s words are very wise. I''ve definitely been thinking about this with stone #2. I''m not sure the size is big enough especially when we could have purchased a bigger stone.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2007 7:20:43 AM
Author: Lorelei
I would really like to see the IS for the 3rd diamond, as if that looks good, it might be the WTG!
Still waiting, but JA is on it. I''ll let you know when I have it. I''m anxious to see it too!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/28/2007 12:47:53 PM
Author: kcoursolle

Still waiting, but JA is on it. I''ll let you know when I have it. I''m anxious to see it too!
Excellent!! size baby...
3.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2007 12:51:42 PM

Excellent!! size baby...
3.gif
The extra size would be nice, but now much of a difference is there between 6.6 and 6.8? I found this chart that I made ages ago and it doesn''t show much of a difference... I''m leaning towards the H/SI2 stone right now because it''s the one that grabbed me in the first place and I''m not sure my mindclean meter can accept the I1 or the I color in the other ones.

Diamond_Chart_asdfgdf1.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Koursie, Sir John mentioned a while back about cutting out of paper, circular measurements of diamonds to get an idea of the size difference, maybe this might be worth a try? It wouldn''t be totally accurate, but it might give you a rough idea. But it sounds as if you are leaning towards the SI2 anyway!

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
kcoursolle,

So sorry to hear what happend to your poor ring, but thankful nothing happened to your hand!

If I read one of your prior posts on this thread correctly, are you going to Danhov? If so, I have a favor and request to make of you...I would love to see a picture of their ME12 on a real person''s hand, as opposed to the digital one on the JA site. I like it, but am concerned that it seems a little thicker then I would like, especially where the prongs connect with the diamond. And considering it is shown with such a large diamond, it is hard to judge how it would look with something smaller. So...I am really hoping you are in fact going there, and that they will let you look at other styles...the ME12 (hint, hint
2.gif
)...and that maybe you can take some pix for us. I haven''t been able to find any real pix of this setting.

Thank you so much...and happy holidays!

Oh, and I like choice #1!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2007 12:51:42 PM

Excellent!! size baby...
3.gif
L, here is the ideal scope image for the third stone, do you still prefer it? It''s a very good image, but the symmetry issues are still apparent even though overall light leakage is good.

1113877__Idealscope.JPG

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2007 1:50:07 PM
Author: Amandine
kcoursolle,

So sorry to hear what happend to your poor ring, but thankful nothing happened to your hand!

If I read one of your prior posts on this thread correctly, are you going to Danhov? If so, I have a favor and request to make of you...I would love to see a picture of their ME12 on a real person''s hand, as opposed to the digital one on the JA site. I like it, but am concerned that it seems a little thicker then I would like, especially where the prongs connect with the diamond. And considering it is shown with such a large diamond, it is hard to judge how it would look with something smaller. So...I am really hoping you are in fact going there, and that they will let you look at other styles...the ME12 (hint, hint
2.gif
)...and that maybe you can take some pix for us. I haven''t been able to find any real pix of this setting.

Thank you so much...and happy holidays!

Oh, and I like choice #1!
I''ll see what I can do!! If they have that ring in stock for me to try on and let me take pictures I definitely will for you. If they don''t let me take pictures I''ll try to scrutinize it for you to give you a good description. Before my trip I''ll probably start a thread in hangout about going to danhov to visit and ask people for requests so keep your eyes open for that thread.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anyone else want to put their 2 cents in now that the third ideal scope is in?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I made a decision, I''m going with the H/SI2 stone!!! Even though the F/I1 was such a value and a cool FIC stone I think the I1 clarity is definitely a "mindclean" limit of mine. I think I would always fixate on it and look for inclusions in it. I''m very excited about the the H/SI2 stone. It''s the one that grasped me in the first place and it''s very well cut and perfectly eye clean according to the folks at JA. It''s also a little bigger than the other stone and I think H is a great color for me. I like the idea of a FIC, but when it comes down to it I think that a TIC is a good balance of both worlds for an everyday stone.

Somebody should buy that F/I1 stone though!!! It''s a tremendous value for someone color sensitive looking for a stone over 1 carat and under 4k.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I should also add that I''m going to Danhov''s offices next Thursday to check out their settings in person. Let me know if anyone has any requests of settings to check out. I''m not sure that they are going to have everything available to look at since it''s not a showroom, but I will do what I can. I''m also unsure of whether they will let me take pictures.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very exciting, k! That stone is lovely, and I think the cut, color, and clarity were all mind-clean for you. And that is very important! We''ll look forward to seeing the stone and setting!!!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Yay. I''m sure it was a hard for you to decide on which one to get. I wonder why the 2nd stone got a I1 rating. Maybe I''ll inquire about that stone. It sure would have been a real firecracker! Can''t wait to see how you''ll set that stone.
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/29/2007 6:22:11 PM
I made a decision, I'm going with the H/SI2 stone!!! Even though the F/I1 was such a value and a cool FIC stone I think the I1 clarity is definitely a 'mindclean' limit of mine. I think I would always fixate on it and look for inclusions in it. I'm very excited about the the H/SI2 stone. It's the one that grasped me in the first place and it's very well cut and perfectly eye clean according to the folks at JA. It's also a little bigger than the other stone and I think H is a great color for me. I like the idea of a FIC, but when it comes down to it I think that a TIC is a good balance of both worlds for an everyday stone.

Somebody should buy that F/I1 stone though!!! It's a tremendous value for someone color sensitive looking for a stone over 1 carat and under 4k.
HI:

Cool--great choice! I bet that I1 is great--thanks for giving us the option of seeing your choices!!

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I made a decision, I''m going with the H/SI2 stone!!! Even though the F/I1 was such a value and a cool FIC stone I think the I1 clarity is definitely a ''mindclean'' limit of mine. I think I would always fixate on it and look for inclusions in it. I''m very excited about the the H/SI2 stone. It''s the one that grasped me in the first place and it''s very well cut and perfectly eye clean according to the folks at JA. It''s also a little bigger than the other stone and I think H is a great color for me. I like the idea of a FIC, but when it comes down to it I think that a TIC is a good balance of both worlds for an everyday stone.

Somebody should buy that F/I1 stone though!!! It''s a tremendous value for someone color sensitive looking for a stone over 1 carat and under 4k.

Yay, maybe you can do a scanner pic. heheee Can''t wait to see it set!
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 8:17:15 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Very exciting, k! That stone is lovely, and I think the cut, color, and clarity were all mind-clean for you. And that is very important! We''ll look forward to seeing the stone and setting!!!
Definitely! The stone is a great balance stone for me that I really think I can be happy with. I don''t think I''ll fixate on any of the qualities whereas I really think I would fixate on the I1 grade or the I color if I had the other stones even if they looked the same for other people. I can''t wait to see the ring too!!! It will be a while since I haven''t picked out a setting yet, but I''m starting to finally get excited after being sad for a while.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 8:46:08 PM
Author: Gothgrrl
Yay. I''m sure it was a hard for you to decide on which one to get. I wonder why the 2nd stone got a I1 rating. Maybe I''ll inquire about that stone. It sure would have been a real firecracker! Can''t wait to see how you''ll set that stone.
36.gif
I think it was from the large clouds under the table. However, the folks in the NY JA office who physically examined the stone said that it was still an awesome performer and completely 100% eye clean. You just might want to inquire about it!!! It''s a great stone for someone who can live with the I1 grading. I think if it was a pendant stone I''d be totally fine with it, but with an e-ring the I1 grade is a little hard to accept IMO.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 8:54:43 PM

I made a decision, I''m going with the H/SI2 stone!!! Even though the F/I1 was such a value and a cool FIC stone I think the I1 clarity is definitely a ''mindclean'' limit of mine. I think I would always fixate on it and look for inclusions in it. I''m very excited about the the H/SI2 stone. It''s the one that grasped me in the first place and it''s very well cut and perfectly eye clean according to the folks at JA. It''s also a little bigger than the other stone and I think H is a great color for me. I like the idea of a FIC, but when it comes down to it I think that a TIC is a good balance of both worlds for an everyday stone.

36.gif
Heehee, I''d love to do a scanner pic, but it''s going to be in a setting before I ever see it. Can you put the entire ring in the scanner? I still think your scanner pics where my favorite diamond pics here.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 8:58:53 PM

Date: 11/29/2007 8:54:43 PM

36.gif
Heehee, I''d love to do a scanner pic, but it''s going to be in a setting before I ever see it. Can you put the entire ring in the scanner? I still think your scanner pics where my favorite diamond pics here.
You are so sweet Kcoursolle; thanks! I bet you could try; I think FireGoddess''s avatar is a scanner pic! This is so exciting; I can''t wait. hehee

sera

Ideal_Rock
I can NOT believe that I missed that the ring was ON YOUR FINGER when it got damaged!!!
6.gif
Thank God you weren''t hurt! I can''t wait to see your new ring!
21.gif

loser.gif
L''s for love.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Late to this, but I believe you made the right choice Koursie!! Can''t wait to see it, how long will it take????
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results