shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me chose which halo for my 3.15 marquise!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
therainbowradish|1442678336|3929512 said:
Would burnished stones spaced out down either edge of the band be nice or overkill? I don't want to detract from the halo....

Nice in my mind...I think the gold bezel needs to be broken up some. I love the image that scarlett posted. I might would
do milgrain around the edge of the halo (with the burnished stones) but not on the shank...or at least I would like to see a picture
of milgrain on the halo then decide how the shank would look with milgrain.

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
The halo will have burnished stones around it. I like the Sholdt image but worry about it being scratchy so i would rather leave it smooth than go that route. Ah custom stuff is stressful

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Yes I am aware the ring is not finished I meant I am not liking the satin finish overall, in your inspiration photos I was loving it but seeing it with your diamond not so much (after all it is your ring you can have it anyway you like of course)

I know you have to consider spinning its just to my eyes only its seems to be maybe a mil or mil and half to wide shave that and add 2 or 3 diamonds well spaced either side and you have perfection (but again only to my eyes)

I guess I was just in love with your solitaire lol

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Ha ha, yes custom work is stressful :doh: . I love the thickness of the band btw. I can not wait to see what you decide, it will be fabulous!!!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the satin finish. And I also like the millgrain that Scarlet posted. I think it's very difficult to decide part of me says do the shank with the millgrain that Scarlet posted leave the bezel without millgrain but put in the diamondS Another part of me says add millgrain on the outer edge of the bezel Along with the spaced out small diamonds

deltalady

Rough_Rock
Your ring is going to be stunning! I can't wait to see the finished product!

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
deltalady|1442804245|3930058 said:
Your ring is going to be stunning! I can't wait to see the finished product!
+1

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I seriously can hardly wait to see this finished. Impatient to see how amazing this is going to end up being. :dance:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which of the fabulous option have you chosen? Any news??

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I chose no milgrain, kept the diamonds around the halo and satin finish. I was told it would be ready Monday or Tuesday but they are waiting in their engraver to add milgrain to another ring they are working on for me and to do the satin finish on my ring. Hopefully tomorrow or Friday, I am having knee surgery tomorrow and will be out of it lol

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really looking forward to seeing this ring! I'm sure you are too lol. Best of luck with your knee surgery, hope all goes well and you recover quickly.

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
junebug17|1443019778|3930838 said:
Really looking forward to seeing this ring! I'm sure you are too lol. Best of luck with your knee surgery, hope all goes well and you recover quickly.[/quote

Same here! :) GL

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great choices!
All the best with your knee sugery and I hope you will recover really soon.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the update! Looking forward to seeing how it turns out! Hope you have a successful procedure and quick recovery! Take care! :wavey:

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Hope surgery went well and you have a speedy recovery :pray:

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks all! I love this group. Surgery is tomorrow morning - at least one positive is that I will be too groggy to obsess about my ring being finished. Sure is hard to be patient but David and Amy do such an amazing job that it will be worth the wait. Will post pics the second I get them. Keep your eye on facebook in case they post their glamour shots before Iam lucid enough to log on here :lol:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All the best to you and your procedure.

Will be looking out for your beautiful masterpiece!!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you and hoping your surgery goes smoothly.

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks all! Surgery was a success but I am in a world of pain. So eager to see my ring!!!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
therainbowradish|1443147678|3931529 said:
Thanks all! Surgery was a success but I am in a world of pain. So eager to see my ring!!!

Sending dust to help you feel better soon! Sorry to hear you are in such pain. Hope they can help you get it managed soon. Take care!

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
therainbowradish|1443147678|3931529 said:

GOOD!!! :) :) Feel better soon!

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks so much, finally in a reasonable amount of comfort..... I re-tornemy ACL, meniscus and broke my leg when a dog attacked my dog while we were on a walk....they started fighting and crashed into my leg. My baby was on my chest and thankfully not injured from the fall.

In other news my ring will be overnighted Monday!!!!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no therainbowradish, that is just terrible! :(sad It must have been a really frightening experience, very glad your baby is ok but so sorry you were so badly injured - sending lots of good thoughts that you heal quickly - I'm glad you have your gorgeous ring to look forward to! Can't wait to see it!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
therainbowradish|1443224917|3931889 said:
Thanks so much, finally in a reasonable amount of comfort..... I re-tornemy ACL, meniscus and broke my leg when a dog attacked my dog while we were on a walk....they started fighting and crashed into my leg. My baby was on my chest and thankfully not injured from the fall.

That's awful! Thank goodness your baby was safe, but how horrible that you were hurt so badly. Was it a loose dog that came up during your walk? That has happened to me and it's scary. Hope your dog was okay. At least your ring will soon be on the way which will be something to look forward to! :dance:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness!!!! I check in here to see updates and am SO sorry to hear about your accident! How scary but I am thankful your baby was not hurt! How does a mom manage with a broken leg??? I hope you have someone to stay with you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, how awful and I am so sorry! I am grateful that you have come through surgery safely and successfully and that your baby is OK!!!

I am happy for you that your ring will be here tomorrow and sending you lots of dust for a quick and full recovery! (((Hugs))).

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
therainbowradish|1443224917|3931889 said:

Oh gosh that must have been scary worrying about your dog and definitely your baby at the time!

Glad your little one is OK, sorry you got hurt!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aiii, so sorry to hear that. Quite a frightening event. Hopefully you will have less pain soon and recover well from surgery. So glad your baby did not get hurt. Best wishes :wavey:

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks all, recovery is rough but taking it one day at a time. Pain meds make me nauseous.

David asked if I want say in finish or sandblasted finish. I don't know the difference. Help?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
therainbowradish|1443485380|3932940 said:
Thanks all, recovery is rough but taking it one day at a time. Pain meds make me nauseous.

David asked if I want say in finish or sandblasted finish. I don't know the difference. Help?

I think satin, though I can't describe the difference, in my head I'd think satin would be more matte where sandblasted might not be as fine?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results