shape
carat
color
clarity

Help...detective work?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
I have my dad''s US Marines ring from when he was in Vietnam - he gave it to me when I was in the 6th grade and I have kept it ever since, missing stone and all. I posted my "dilemma" HERE.

I have been trying to figure out what the stamp says inside his ring so I can contact the manufacturer and see if there is a lifetime warranty on it to maybe get a new stone in it or restore it?

Can you help me please?

What do you think it says?
IMG_0762-poster.jpg

IMG_0770-poster.jpg

loverocks

Shiny_Rock
I just read your other thread. I think it is so touching that you are trying to restore this. I was just thinking about the stamp on the inside...Is is possible to run a pencil lightly across it to see if it will pick up the stamp an little more clearly. I know this works better when the metall is raised, not stamped, but it may be worth a try?

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! I''ll try it and see what happens.

I also took the first picture and ZOOMED it and tried different effects with it in iPhoto.

So far it looks like

G_ _ L E _ _ _ _ _
C _ _ S

I don''t know...

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I can''t make out anything, but I thought I''d let you know that Jostens has a long history of making military rings. Maybe you could find something through them?

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
That is very true, thank you! I just bought my class ring for my master''s degree from Herff Jones...

My plan is to call the Marines and then call Jostens.

Thanks for the input so far! I will update if I find anything out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results