shape
carat
color
clarity

Heath Ledger is dead??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
http://www.tmz.com/2008/01/22/heath-ledger-is-dead/

Wow, and only 28.

Apparently, they say he was found surrounded by pills?

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
I am in shock!
He was a brillant actor but the price of fame and the unrelenting media attention did not sit well with him.
He ended up leaving Australia because he was always being hunded by the paparazzi.
How sad for his family and daughter.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I was shocked to see this story come over the wire. He was very funny and such a cutie. What a waste to die an essentially self-inflicted death at 28. I feel very bad for his family.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Leaving a two year old, it is so unbelievably sad. When he was found, he was unconscious, and CPR couldn''t revive him. I wonder if it was all too much for him?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
this is so terribly sad.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very sad. Brad Renfro just died too at 24 (from The Client fame).

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Tacori, I heard about that story, too. It's all so sad, they're so young! I wonder if fame is getting to be too much for them.

ETA:
According to Cityroom, he was in Mary Kate Olsen's apartment?

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/01/22/actor-heath-ledger-is-found-dead/index.html?hp

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
I saw it on TMZ and thought it may just be a hoax but it's on CNN now, so I guess it really is true. This crap has got to stop though, we're losing way too many young people to drugs, unintentional and not. Seriously.

t2_heath_ledger_1.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
He was not looking good lately. Crazy Days & Nights posted this pix yesterday. Suicide? Over-the-counter sleeping meds? Oy: tragic.

heathledgerpix.jpg

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
What a shock! I think that is just so sad.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2008 5:29:56 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Tacori, I heard about that story, too. It''s all so sad, they''re so young! I wonder if fame is getting to be too much for them.

ETA:
According to Cityroom, he was in Mary Kate Olsen''s apartment?

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/01/22/actor-heath-ledger-is-found-dead/index.html?hp
the link from msn said the same thing about mary kate''s apartment.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I was really shocked by this one. He was definitely one of those celebrities that had a problem with being in the public eye, but I never would have suspected a drug problem or possible suicide! How long ago did he and Michelle Williams break up? It''s been a while, hasn''t it?

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Fox News is saying it was a cardiac arrest and is being treated as an accident.

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
I just read about this on OMG, it really is so tragic. He had so much talent...

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Ohmygosh, how tragic. I am heartsick.

Oy, he definitely doesn''t look good in that second photo posted... unless he was in character on a set or something???

So sad.
15.gif
15.gif
15.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Wow....what a shock. How sad for his family.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Lynn, in that second photo he looks so gaunt. I wonder what he was doing in MK''s apartment, though. I believe he broke up with Michelle Williams before the baby was a year? I''m not sure though. Utterly tragic.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
This broke my heart....His life ended way to soon
7.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
How sad.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, how terrible. He and Michelle Williams broke up a while back and he had a little girl. What a waste, the talent of him was amazing. I remember seeing him in 10 Things I Hate About You with Julia Stiles. I feel so badly for his family...

icekid

Ideal_Rock
oh HOW SAD! This one really gets me too. I guess b/c it was so unexpected... and he was so gifted, and seemed like a fairly down-to-earth guy.
39.gif

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
This is so so sad....just terrible.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no, this is so sad; I feel for his family and friends.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s terrible. I can''t believe that! His poor family and child.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
according to tmz, that pic deco posted is on set of the movie he was currently filming, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.

i''m guessing maybe mary kate owned the apartment and he was renting it from her?
33.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
RIP Heath Ledger;

your performances gave me much joy. i feel as if i watched you grow up on the screen as i first saw you in ROAR and fell in love with you as an actor in A KNIGHT''S TALE. i watched you mature and hone your craft on the screen. i am saddened that you found your end this way......and on a selfish note, that we your audience, will no longer see you work your magic on the screen.

RIP Heath Ledger......

movie zombie

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
its so sad! His poor daughter.

About the Mary Kate thing, I heard on some show that MK owns the apartment building in which Heath was found.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
We had a LONG moment of silence at work today over this. Many people there had worked with him. It's absolutely tragic, I've never seen so many people genuinely broken up over the death of a cohort... lots of tears today. He was a phenomenal artist and an even better person.

We had production shut down due to rain shortly after hearing the news. It was very fitting.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I was at my parents and my dad told me. I thought he was telling a bad joke. I just can't believe it.

I'm not a huge "hollywood" fan, but that's why I really liked him. He never came off with that "you gotta treat me this way because I'm a hot star" attitude. I've always enjoyed watching him in interviews. He seems like he actually thinks before he speaks, and then only speaks if he can truly add to the conversation. So many stars think that just because it came out of their mouth, it's revolutionary or something. He just seemed so REAL. I loved hearing him talk about his "girls". You could just tell how much he loved them.

I'm so sorry for his daughter who will never remember her father. And, I can't help but wonder - was the break-up only temporary?

And, they've said repeatedly now that this is "accidental overdose" on sleeping pills. Autopsy tomorrow to finalize.

Not to sound like a jerk, but if it was one of the trainwreck stars, I wouldn't be surprised. But, Heath was never given a bad rap. He didn't overly publicize anything in his life.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, RIP Heath Ledger. You were a phenomenal actor, and pure joy to watch on screen. I''m sad for your family, and for the life you did not yet live.

Just yesterday I sat down to watch his movie "Candy" because I saw that he was in it. He will be very much missed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results