shape
carat
color
clarity

Heard / Depp

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Purely in order to not, with gritted teeth, post on the Roe vs Wade thread, which I feel so passionately about that I can’t risk upsetting my safe PS world here I am starting a thread about something else.

My husband suggested I post about the Liverpool vs Villarreal game which he is leaping around the room about for some reason. But I just can’t care about this ridiculous football rubbish.

So, please don’t let us get banned and shut down about the politics of owning our own bodies. Let’s debate who is / was more disturbed, addiction ridden and emotionally damaged between Amber and a Johnny. Honestly I think they both sound like a nightmare and I wouldn’t let eithe of them near my jewellery collection.

But how about you guys? Team Amber or team Johnny?

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My son has also been leaping around in relation to that football match! Champion‘s League final for his team, not bad.

I used to love Johnny Depp, I thought his Captain Jack was mesmerising. Now he has turned into a shadow of his former self, a bit sleazy, even. As for Amber, well, she appears to have a few issues. The whole trial seems to be massively self indulgent and potentially financially ruinous. They must really hate each other. I’m on the fence!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both a hot mess. Depp is more likable to me for some reason, he had a rough upbringing which I’m sure contributes to some of his issues.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm on team Johnny, mainly because this is about accusations she made about abuse that cost him acting jobs and therefore money. And from what I've watched, which isn't a ton, tells me that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. So I guess I feel, from what little I know, that she made this a public issue and she was not innocent either. They were both a mess, but she chose to make it public, act like she was only a victim and not also a guilty party and the result was that he lost future roles. And it's a civil suit, not a criminal one.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think of it as Team Amber or Team Depp because that seems to be supporting in a fan based kind of way.

I do remember thinking after the first court case that the finding of "substantially true" regarding Depp being violent towards Amber Heard too vague to hold much meaning. Given that Depp was dropped from Pirates of the Carribean on the strength of this finding it didn't feel quite fair.

I'm interested in the outcome of this case. Amber has been diagnosed with a couple of personality disorders. Depp maintains that any harm he's caused is to himself - self harm with drugs and alcohol.

Because it is a crime mostly perpetrated by men on women doesn't mean that it should be ignored if it is the other way around. Coercive control and violence regardless of gender is what is under review.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not really on my radar
Neither is soccer
From what ive read briefly she might loose
I hate dirty laundry

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
“What did you say in response when Miss Heard said 'Tell the world, Johnny. Tell them Johnny Depp, I, Johnny Depp, a man, I'm a victim too of domestic violence'?”

“I said yes, I am.”

I'm not sure how anyone can be on the fence or not sure about this. She sounds like one of the worst human beings alive at this moment.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
He looks like hell. Donnie Brasco was on the other day. He was so cute! I haven't watched it because I think they're both a bit strange, but I never really liked her. I hate what fame does to these people. he's had issues for awhile. Remember, he owned the Viper Room where River Phoenix died.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you’re choosing a team you’re part of the problem.

They’re both terrible people.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From what I have heard so far I do believe she abused him.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I actually really hope they both end up getting awarded zero. I think all he actually wanted was a chance for his side of the story to be heard anyway.

Both to burn together right (since his career is already in shambles)? Neither are innocent from what I’ve read so far. They are really bad for each other. Like match made in hell type of bad.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ionysis, please write whatever you want to in the other thread, if you'd feel better doing so. That's all I want to say here. If you somehow get banned from PS for speaking your mind and heart about this... Then I'll go ahead and ban myself right with you. But the moderators have stated explicitly that they won't do that unless people engage in political or religious debate.

I hope that's okay to say. Apologies if not.

On this topic - they're both batsh*t and neither will be missed from general population!!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree. But I suspect he abused her also. A truly toxic relationship.

Totally agree, but I don't think that's the point of the lawsuit. It's that she went public with her accusations, some of which he claims were not true, and therefore he lost income. Isn't it a suit for defamation or libel? Its not about the abuse, which clearly went on, but about false statements she publicly made and published that he claims are not true. So while I agree, they are both totally messed up, that's not what this case is about. it's about lost income purportedly due to her publishing untruths. I am taking my opinion of them as people out of my thoughts as to whether or not this was defamation.

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm team Johnny.

I used to love watching him on the TV series "21 Jump Street".

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
It is bothersome to me that so many have been so supportive of Johnny and I find that it has roots in misogyny as well as his popularity as a celebrity. Both of them seem toxic, and his texts and audio reveal that he was at the very least verbally abusive. I’m not buying his self-portrayal as a victim.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Both extremely unbalanced people, he's a maudlin old drunk with a mean streak who likes the scream and throw things once lubricated to watch them break. She is also as mean as a snake, highly manipulative and has been arrested at least once for domestic battery against a former partner. She allegedly made similar false accusations of this type before. He likely yelled terrible things at her and slammed everything around and she would throw hands in response. Neither particularly redeemable, if we're being honest. They apparently are explosively toxic together.
Two sides of a 773655 sandwich.​

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is bothersome to me that so many have been so supportive of Johnny and I find that it has roots in misogyny as well as his popularity as a celebrity. Both of them seem toxic, and his texts and audio reveal that he was at the very least verbally abusive. I’m not buying his self-portrayal as a victim.

I do not care for him as a celebrity, but I absolutely believe him and think she's a lying crock of shit - and I am the furthest from a misogynist you can get. She has been caught in lie after lie. At what point do you stop believing the person crying wolf? Why are so many people reluctant to believe he is a victim because he is a man?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I had to pick a side I think it would be Johnny Depps. Although he has issues with drugs and alcohol he seems* like he
would have a fairly likable personality (if he could only stay away from them). Amber on the other hand seems to have major
personality issues and needs years of therapy. She is quite fake and manipulative. Wouldnt consider either of them a prize but
I'd take Johnny over her any day.

Not sure if Johnny is going to win his case due to high level of proof. If anything it seems like this case might bring Amber down
and she may end up in the same position as JD....not being able to get a job.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I do not care for him as a celebrity, but I absolutely believe him and think she's a lying crock of shit - and I am the furthest from a misogynist you can get. She has been caught in lie after lie. At what point do you stop believing the person crying wolf? Why are so many people reluctant to believe he is a victim because he is a man?

I think she was horrible to him I don’t think he is necessarily lying but what I’m saying is that he is also abusive. , when you call your partner a "fu*king c*nt" a "filthy whore" and a "fat ass" THAT IS BEING ABUSIVE. THAT IS ABUSE. I am not saying Heard is blameless, far from it. They are both culpable of being abusive toward one another. I therefore find it ridiculous that everyone is acting as if Depp is some angel and she is 100% responsible. And I am a huge fan of Depp as an actor. The whole situation is just sad.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think she was horrible to him I don’t think he is necessarily lying but what I’m saying is that he is also abusive. , when you call your partner a "fu*king c*nt" a "filthy whore" and a "fat ass" THAT IS BEING ABUSIVE. THAT IS ABUSE. I am not saying Heard is blameless, far from it. They are both culpable of being abusive toward one another. I therefore find it ridiculous that everyone is acting as if Depp is some angel and she is 100% responsible. And I am a huge fan of Depp as an actor. The whole situation is just sad.

I mean ok, that's one thing. But she didnt claim [just] verbal abuse, she claimed physical and sexual abuse. She said she specifically used XYZ brand of makeup to cover the bruises he left on her, said brand wasn't even launched for years later. Would he have lost his career over verbal abuse? Maybe, but what he is disputing is her claims of him physically and sexually abusing her. And she is getting caught over and over again lying about it, making it look like she definitely set out on a smear campaign against him with false accusations.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
, but what he is disputing is her claims of him physically and sexually abusing her. And she is getting caught over and over again lying about it,

Right, this is a defamation suit. Were her claims of physical and sexual abuse, that she published, truthful? He says no, so is suing her for defamation and loss of income. It's about the truth of her allegations. It's clear that there was abuse, but did it go to the level that she alleges and published. That's what this is about. The whole relationship is so distasteful, I think it's hard to remember this is about defamation. It's not a prosecution for abuse.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been watching/listening to the trial daily. Why? Because I geek out on law stuff, and covid + no antibodies = extreme boredom.

Anyway, IMHO based on what I've heard so far, they both have major issues, but her version of events isn't adding up. It makes me really sad, because I don't want to believe anyone would lie about DV. I always want to give any injured party the benefit of the doubt. The whole case hasn't been presented yet, so my opinion could shift, but right now, I don't think she's being truthful, especially about the physical abuse and rape.

Last edited:

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium

From what I heard so far, I agree with your assessment.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From what I heard so far, I agree with your assessment.

I'm also following quite closely. I'm interested to hear more of her testimony. I also think that with all her millions she should have hired better lawyers lol. They are absolutely terrible!

But even just from today, she said she was ashamed of the fights they would get into, both calling each other names, her admitting that she did hit him, threw bottles etc. So when someone tries to say its misogynistic to agree with the man and points out all the things HE said it's really just not the full picture.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I think they are both self indulgent, dysfunctional children having tantrums and this whole thing is a sh@t show.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results