carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Deegee, yes tomorrow is going to suck for you going back to work after a wonderful week at the beach. I feel for you there! I was pretty cranky going back to work after Pebble Beach. :bigsmile: I am so sorry to hear your back is not happy after being the car so long. I hope a good night's sleep will help with that. I know when we bought the first Audi the repairs and reviews of BMW were pretty bleak then. I am glad you are exploring your options for a new SUV. I know a few people with the Q5 but not the Q7. Overall we've been very happy with Audi but we are not fans of the dealer closest to us.

This morning the alarm in the hotel went over before 7. I was not amused since Marty didn't get back from his concert until about 1:30. Ugh. We had breakfast at the restaurant then checked out. We wandered the lots of a BMW and 2 Audi dealers. Yay walking. :appl: We also stopped at Golfsmith (that was only $100 which I thought was "weak" for Marty) and even more shocking we got out of my favorite jewelry store with only a bottle of cold water which of course was free. I looked at what peach sapphires they had in the store and drooled over diamonds in the case but didn't buy anything.

The dealer we bought our other 2 cars from does have a red A6 and it's loaded. Marty wanted me to take off tomorrow so we can go drive it tomorrow and then dicker with them on price. They have gone up about $8000 since the 2010 model. Ouch! My payment is going up noticeably. Oh well, I'll probably have a pretty red car by this time tomorrow night.

We got home about 3. We watched the end of the Broncos game (sorry if you are a Philadelphia fan) and I worked on laundry. I wrote a few more thank you cards for memorial donations.

I am starving. Today I've had a few hash browns, a little bit of an egg, 2 pieces of Canadian bacon, and 1/2 a piece of wheat toast. Lunch was 1/2 of a french dip sandwich and a few fries. Supper was a few crackers. It is no wonder I am hungry but it's after 10 so I think I'll just get ready for bed.

Laters,
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick fly-by kids!

Have been studying 12-16 hours a day and even then would love to push the test back one more week but no slots have opened up yet. I had a cold all weekend so I didn't eat much, and I may have an ear infection. I've never had one before so I'm not sure... ?

OK, off to do some real work. Be back later! :wavey:

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy-are you driving around in an awesome new red car tonight? How exciting that you're at the point of actually getting one. Woo-hoo!!! I may still test drive the BMW X5, but I'd sure hate to spend a bunch of money on it and then have reliability problems. Several people have told me I need to look into leasing since I get a new car every 2-3 years, especially now that I only put 20 miles a day on it instead of 200 miles a day (before we moved). Have you ever leased a car?

Dee*Jay-I had an ear infection a few years ago and it was miserable. I feel for you! Mine was an inner ear infection, and they could only treat the symptoms - pain, dizziness, nausea, etc. I was on 5 medicines, and not one of them was an antibiotic. Matt gets middle ear infections quite often. He says it feels like he is in a tunnel, his ear feels full and under pressure, and hearing is muffled. That's lousy to feel crappy while you're trying to study for such long hours. Blah.

Today was a lousy day! I guess anything compared to a week of slacking on the beach is going to be lousy. It all started with the garage door refusing to go up to let me leave this morning. I couldn't get in touch with Matt, so I did a Google search to see how to disengage the door from the opener to open it manually. The door wasn't heavy, but getting it started really wrenched my already unhappy back. I hopped from one meeting to the next today, and interviewed an applicant for a vacancy in my department in between meetings. I ended up working almost 2 hours over and hadn't had a bite to eat all day. When I got home, my key wouldn't work in the front door and the neighbor with a key wasn't home. I couldn't get the garage door up from the outside because there was nothing for me to grab ahold of. I couldn't get in touch with Matt. Ahhh! After an hour, I gave up and managed to get the garage door up after slicing the end of my finger on who knows what. My back is extremely unhappy. I came in and poured a big glass of wine and ate a bowl of Doritos for dinner. Matt finally got my slew of texts and messages around 8:30 pm, so I'm glad I didn't wait around on him. My high note - I got a promotion at work. Yay! Too bad I'm going to be leaving my job in a few weeks. Oh well, a promotion comes with a raise so I'm not complaining. Have a good Tuesday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday.

Dee Jay, sorry to hear you are sick right now with all of the studying you are doing. Ugh. Did you get some antibiotics? Feel better soon. :wavey:

Deegee, I am driving around in a shiny new red car. :bigsmile: That was an all day process. We got home about 5. I asked Marty about leasing but he wants to continue to buy them. He likes to have a trade-in rather than coming up with money as a deposit. I am sure you love driving less to get to work. Congratulations on getting a promotion and raise at work. How exciting. I am sorry you had trouble with the garage door, front door and then cut yourself trying to open the garage door tonight. It seems whenever the garage door broke on me at the old house Marty was out of town. I have no clue how they work either.

We headed out early this morning. Test drove the car and then talked numbers. We didn’t get them where Marty wanted but we got them to come down a little. My payments went up about $165 a month. We added a ding coverage that fixes windshield chips, nicks and scrapes and touches up the wheels for free. The car has larger tires so is higher for me to get out of which helps my bad knees. They have added quite a few features but it still works close to our old car. It has the cruise control assist, lane assist, front crash alert, things like that which are kind of weird but amazing.

I am on hold right now trying to reach Sirius. I got one guy after 10 minutes and was very foreign so I told him I couldn’t understand him so now I am on hold again. Sigh. I want to cancel the subscription in our old car. You can’t remove a radio online. Rats.

Take care.
Marcy

img_2159.jpg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-your new car is gorgeous! Yay!!!!! Now, you have to keep it all clean and shiny like it is now. I tried to cancel 1 of my 3 Sirius subscriptions, and was rather ticked at not being able to do it myself online and then having to wait on the phone forever to get it done. Ugh. You were talking about the bigger tires making it a little easier for you to get in and out of - that's how I feel about a SUV. It's butt-level. I can slide in, slide out and it is much easier on my back and leg. Have fun learning all of the new features! I'm excited for you!!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Marcy, Ooh La La!!! I LOVE it! :love: What a fab new car! I'll be interested to hear your reports on how it drives and handles once you have it for a little while. I didn't get any antibiotics because whatever was wrong with my ear seems to be pretty much better. (Knock on wood.) It was the strangest thing though.

Deegee, congrats on your promotion, and most importantly, on your raise! As for garage doors, I have no idea how to open on manually. I'd be trapped in my house until someone came along and got me out, LOL. And yowch on your finger!

Warning: Lazy slug alert ahead! So I got up this morning and went to the office to study. I was there from 8 to 3, and I just HIT A WALL. I seriously thought I wasn't going to be able to keep my eyes open. My options seems to be mucho coffee or a nap, and since I wasn't working today anyway, I came home and climbed in bed. For...two...hours... :o I don't know what came over me, but I really really needed it. Now I am up and ready to go again.

Food has been good because I have NOTHING (repeat after me: NOTHING) in the house. I just did inventory for the CB: enough bread and velveeta for two skimpy grilled cheese sandwiches, three lean cusines, and a box of Uncle Ben's brown rice (the CB must have gotten that at some point because I never would have). The defining factor though... I'm pretty much out of wine. Well, I have *good* wine, but not everyday wine. So off to the store I must go at some point soon. Damn.

I've been trying to do some light core exercises every other day or so and I think they are helping with my back. Now that I think about it I haven't done any since Sunday morning so when I take a study break later I'll throw in a couple planks and some bicycle crunches. Woo hoo -- out of control here! :cheeky:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday!

Deegee, thanks. I will have to keep my new car clean and shiny. How is your back and finger? I thought of you this morning when my lower back / buttock decided they were going to give me a bunch of grief. I had several ideas of what triggered it but what it might be is the new car seats. They are different shaped and I was sitting higher than before and the lumbar support was all the way inflated. I got in the passenger seat today and it was that spot. Ugh! I spent about an hour this morning getting my old car’s Sirius account shut off. I was kind of irritated too they wanted the number for the new free subscription and said they’d not charge me for those 3 months – yet they billed me for 12 months starting today.

Dee Jay, thanks. I will report back when I get to drive it more. I don’t know if I should though. The car is lighter than before so it is quicker and the steering is more sensitive. It seems to ride smoother but that might be the larger tires. That is great to hear you are feeling better. I think you just needed a good nap. Your cupboards sound pretty bare. Being out of wine though – well that must be remedied and the sooner the better. Marty took me to King Soopers today since I haven’t had to buy groceries for us to weeks since Marty has been traveling lately.

I emailed in sick – that is too funny. No need to call in anymore. I could stand up straight at first but once I walked for a while I could walk faster and stand up a bit straighter. About 10 I decided to run some stuff to the post office. I am going down the hill playing with this that and the other thing in my car (after making sure no one was around) and I took my eyes off the road and hit a @#$%^&* curb. The wheels on an A6 stick out past the tire wall and naturally I skinned up over half of the rim. I noticed a little nick in the tire was well so I came home so Marty could check the tire. Luckily it was okay. We actually bought a Ding Monkey insurance yesterday that will fix the wheels but only 4 times. I was so mad at myself.

Marty had plans for lunch so I went him and then he took me to the store. We come out to our car and some JERK had pushed a shopping cart right on our car. I hate that parking lot – it is the busiest grocery store (and cheapest other than Walmart) and it seems to be full of rude and disrespectful people. I won’t ever go there unless Marty is driving since the parking lot is a disaster. I like their produce the best is the only reason I go there.

So other than me dinging up my new car I am still very excited about it. Bad Marcy. Just call me curb hugger.

We had homemade pizza for supper. It was delicious.

Laters,
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Marcy, don't beat yourself up over the wheel thing! The first ding has to happen sooner or later (I just about puke simply typing that, LOL) and frankly sooner may be better. When we got our Lexus the valet in the lot where we used to park our car scraped it along a yellow pole within the first week. We go the $ from the insurance to fix it but never did. No door ding at the grocery store or bumper ping from parking it on the street every bothered me after that, LOL.

Boy, I don't know what was up yesterday but I got up from my nap, studied for a couple more hours, and went back to bed by 9 pm. I was just TIRED. My goal today is not to leave my apartment at all. It's gorgeous here though (75 and sunny today) so I may wander over to CVS at some point. We'll see...

And can I just say I'm obsessed with that song Some Nights by Fun? I put it on and dance around to it when I'm straightening up or stuff like that. I sure hope my neighbors can't hear me playing it or else they'll be like, ok great, crazy train next door is playing that song for the one millionth time today!

I also downloaded some ad blocking plug-in and now my internet experience is SO MUCH BETTER. I could just kiss Kenny for starting that thread in hangout!!!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy-I totally agree with Dee*Jay on the dings. You've already got the first ones out of the way, so now you don't have to worry about it! Are you loving driving your flashy new car around? Mom & dad got a new car with all kinds of fancy gadgets, and my mom has gone out every day and played around to learn how to use something. My dad is afraid to touch anything but the steering wheel! I'm sorry to hear your back is bothering you. I have never ending pain in my neck, down my spine and all the way through my left leg and foot, and it gets really old. I've learned to live with a certain level of pain, but I'm a mess when that level ramps up to the next level. It usually calms back down to my normal level after a few days. I hope yours is temporary - I don't wish back pain on anyone.

Dee*Jay-I'm glad you're feeling better. It's all that crazy studying you're doing! I don't put that much time and effort into anything. I got permission to do some work and reading for the project out of the office since I have tons to do before I leave my job in a few months. I can't stay home because I have zero self discipline, so I may head to the library or maybe Panera Bread so I can load up on coffee while I'm reading this incredibly boring computer stuff. It's probably as exciting as your tax stuff.

I have been working extra hours every day trying to get ready to hand my job off to someone else. It's harder than I thought. While I'm trying to write procedures and get things lined out, we have auditors right now and it is also employee evaluation time. I have to get those turned in by the end of the month. Ah! I'm supposed to be mostly out of my job by November, but I just don't know how I'm going to get there. Thanks for the congrats on the promotion, by the way. It was actually promised to me 5, yes 5, years ago but then the governor put a freeze on all promotions and salary increases and the freeze has never been lifted. With this project and all of the responsibilities I'm taking on, I was fully prepared to walk out the door and be a stay at home doggie mom if the promotion didn't happen. Oh well, since I will remain gainfully employed for the time being, I plan to start seriously looking at new cars...when I have time. Our employee committee provided a pizza lunch today, so I had lunch! Woo-hoo!!!! I had yogurt for breakfast, a slice of pizza and salad for lunch, and a fast food chicken burrito for dinner. Not great, but not as bad as vacation food last week. Have a great Thursday!!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday!

Dee Jay, I am not as traumatized as I was. You are right the first ding was bound to happen. Sadly it was sooner than later. At least the first scratch on your Lexus wasn’t something you guys did. I will have to find Some Nights to listen to; I am glad you are enjoying it. Ad blocking software sounds nice. Have you tried FaceTime yet?

Deegee, I am enjoying driving around my new flashy car. I got a lot of comments on it at work today. The best one was when I was leaving this one guy says it’s got “ticket” written all over it. I am sorry you have pain all the time. I certainly understand. Is your back and finger doing better? I am glad to hear your raise and promotion finally came through but of course it’s too bad that also means moving on to the other project.

I am doing a lot better. I finally made it through the day without Advil. I think it has been giving me a stomachache. Marty took me to work yesterday since they are paving the road in front of where I work. I drove myself in today. Tomorrow have Marty take me to work in his trucklet because we are expecting 6 to 12 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow. It’s like the storms are picking up where they left off in May.

I was trying to figure out a name for my new car and one of my employees suggested “Curb Appeal”. Funny guy, huh? I decided on Herschel. That is because the color of the car is garnet red and there is a star that is considered to be the reddest star in the sky (to the naked eye) and is called Herschel’s Garnet Star.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Weekend!

We had about 6 inches of snow here. Marty took me to work this morning in his trucklet. The sidewalks were icy but the streets were slushy. It rained most of the night then started to snow. Marty drove my car to come get me so I got to ride in the new car at least once today.

I left ribs cooking in the crockpot today. Marty put potatoes in the oven to bake this afternoon. We had raw veggies with them. I love instant suppers.

One of Marty's former employees had a going away from work party tonight so Marty is out at that. I didn't want to venture back out in this and they had a room booked upstairs and I didn't want to walk that many steps either. I enjoyed. A quiet evening running the remote.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, happy weekend!!!!!!

Marcy-I can't believe how much snow you have. I saw it on the news and thought it was so weird that you have so much snow and our temperature today is 88. Why is there no in-between? I absolutely don't blame you for not wanting to go back out. My thumb has been driving me insane this week, but my back pain is getting back to its normal level. It dawned on me the other day while I was holding my ipad that...I have ipad thumb! I've been trying really hard to hold it differently since I came to that revelation. That wrist has been broken 4 times and I have had problems with my thumb in the past, but I really do think the way I hold my ipad is making it worse. Did you buy the smaller ipad? Are you feeling any better this week? Cold weather makes me feel so achy, and I'm sure it's not helping you.

We're on our way to KY for dinner. Mom put a turkey breast in the crockpot, so we're having a tasty feast. Hopefully we can get a wiffle ball game in too. I worked a lot of extra hours last week, but don't care so much since they have relaxed the rules a little for me and are allowing me to work extra and then take that time off later. Amazing what all happens when you're genuinely ready to walk out the door... We stopped by the Acura dealer last night to look at the new MDX's. We purposely went after it was closed so we wouldn't get pestered. I really wanted a blue car, but the pearly white is awfully pretty too. Decisions... Have a great weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday.

Deegee, that is great you are still having warm weather. We had sun today but the wind is howling. Tomorrow we should get near 60 though. Yes, this kind of weather makes me very achy. I am really having a pity party this afternoon because I am so sick of being in pain. I know you understand. Your turkey feast sounds divine. I hope you got in some whiffle ball. I hope you find a nice new blue SUV. We also like to wander car lots when all the pesky salesmen are gone. I am sorry you have iPad thumb. I hope you find a different way to hold your iPad. I usually have mine on my lap. I do have the iPad mini and I love it. It is the perfect size and weight for me. I will upgrade when it comes out with retina but honestly the resolution on the mini is fine. Glad to hear your back pain has gone back to normal level. Sorry it never goes away.

We slept in today and had a late breakfast. I never took a shower until 4. I worked on redesigning my club newsletter. It was fun. We are going to play cards with some friends tonight.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday, Kids!

Wow we must have had too much to drink last night. I went to leave at 10 am this morning and found our garage door wide open. :shock: I didn't think we were drunk but wow we certainly were forgetful. Unless someone else around has the same frequency we have but the closest house is over in the next blocks.

We did have fun last night. We played a round of hearts then after our friends kids went to bed we played Cards Against Humanity. We got home about midnight.

This morning I made waffles for breakfast and cooked Marty some sausage. I did our laundry and picked up a few groceries. Tomorrow is Marty's birthday so we'll probably go out for dinner somewhere. Maybe I will sneak off work early and we can do a road trip in the shiny new car. I have no idea how much work Marty has to do tomorrow though.

Marty is playing golf. They went in for lunch after 9 holes so I met them for lunch then came home in time for the football game and to finish laundry.

There is a big tire mark on the curb I hit - I bet it's mine. I should get a picture for you guys. I thought "holy crap" when i saw it. Marty wants to get me personalized plates that say "Curby".

I hope you are having a great weekend.

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Deegee, I'm glad you're getting some flexiblity with hours your're putting in and when you can then take the time. Stuff like that makes all the difference in the world to me. Strict schedules aren't my cup of tea, which is why I love this job. When do you officially move into your new role? And (forgive me if you said this before somewhere... ) how will the commute compare to what you've got now?

Marcy, a.k.a., Curby ( :cheeky: ), that's too funny! About that garage door; I used to leave ours up (on purpose) all the time when I would take the boys out for a W-A-L-K and found it open on more than one occassion the next morning, especially if I went out the garage and then came back in the front door for some reason. Remember my thread about the mouse... Just sayin'...

I didn't get nearly as much studying done this weekend as I should have. Not sure exactly what happened to me, but I allowed myself to *enjoy* a little of the weekend. I even suggested to the CB that we take a walk over to Navy Pier yesterday in the middle of the day. I can't tell you the last time I had a three hour non-studying related outing on a weekend!

Food wasn't too bad, mostly becuse the CB cooked all weekend. Love a man who knows his way around the kitchen!

I made the bold move and went from my summer nail color to my fall/winter color last night. Ok, it can snow now. :bigsmile:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday!

Dee Jay, I love flexible hours in a job-sadly I don't have them. Rats. Yes, I remember the mouse thread. I did suggest to Marty earlier after reading your post in my email to go buy D-Con. Aak. I would be screaming like a little girl! Yes, Curby is pretty funny for plates. I am delighted to hear you took a study break this weekend and that the CB knows his way around the kitchen. :appl: Sounds like you had a terrific weekend.

I left work early today and we drove to the outlet mall (about an hour away) and ate at an Italian restaurant. Today was Marty's birthday so I thought we could take the car for a road trip and eat somewhere different. I had veal parm and Marty has chicken Marsala. We split a piece of cheesecake for dessert. I was really hungry, my easy mac wore off about 3.

I could not get comfortable in my seat in the car again. I sure hope that is not what triggered my back problem. That would stink!

Take care.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, did you have any luck at the outlet mall? I always have very it-or-miss experiences at those; either I walk away with bags and bags of stuff or I get nothing. Once this exam is other I really need to go clothes shopping. (Actually I don't, but that is the carrot I'm dangling in front of myself, LOL.) There is an outlet mall in Aurora, which is about an hour away, and since I am off two days during the week I may go out there on some random Thursday and see if they have anything I want.

Last night I got my hair cut (not the bet cut I've ever had, but certainly better than the last one) and then went home and organized my notes. All was going well until I remembered the chips and salsa the CB got last weekend... oh... and the potato chips... :lickout: Oh well, today is a new day!

Zoe, haven't heard a peep out of you. Hope all is well! :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday!

Dee Jay, so it looks like me and / or my car are going to be known as Curby. :lol: I really need to get a picture of the curb with my tire mark on it; it is so funny. We actually didn't do any shopping at the outlet mall because we had them pack up our leftovers from dinner in ice so we just headed home. That is a great idea to reward yourself with a day of shopping. I am glad you like your haircut. I think I am going to let my hair grow out a few inches longer. I am not a fan of how it looks currently. So is your test this week? Today? Good luck on it.

Deegee, if you see this tonight you might be able to see northern lights from outside. I am going to head out back in a few minutes myself.

Zoe, how are you doing?

Work was long and boring today. I picked up fast food tacos for supper today so I was finished with dishes before 6. Yippee!!!

Well, take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday!

I made it to work and back without hitting the curb. Woo hoo!

Marty ordered a new phone system so he is busy setting that up. He got 2 desk phones and several satellite phones. They will all work on both lines (our house and his office). He also got a new batch of little Killer Rabbits in the mail. I've found 2 so far but I have this strange suspicion there are more lurking around here somewhere. He did say if I go get more Teddy Bears they will start to disappear. Oh oh!

We had pasta for supper. I opened some chardonnay and we had some slow churned ice cream.

We may watch shopping this weekend. I got Marty some watch cuff links for his birthday. They actually have batteries so they really work. He liked them.

Have a great evening.

Marcy

ETA: I am excited there is an iPad announcement on October 22. Hopefully they will announce an iPad mini with retina display. :appl:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I'm happy to hear you haven't added any new dings to the wheels--or the curb! :cheeky: Are you looking for a watch for yourself, Marty, or both? I have a couple of nice watches (the two-tone Rolex and a Cartier Roadster) but I only ever wear them on planes because I have to know how long 'til we land, LOL.

Last night was carb-fest-o-rama... The CB left chips and salsa, potato chips, and pita chips here after the weekend and I dove into ALL of them last night. No idea WHAT got into me. Today all I could think about was Epic Burger. Do you have them there? Anyway, I actually walked over to Epic on the way home and gone one for take out. I NEVER do that. IT. WAS. DELICIOUS. :lickout:

I'm off tomorrow but I think I will go to my office and crank out some SERIOUS studying. I did a practice test today and got an 86, but I got two of the answers right for the wrong reasons, so really it was an 82. I hate to say it, but I am just not in the same panic as I was for the other three tests. Even though this is the hardest section for me, I am just over the whole thing at this point. Hopefully that doesn't portend a fail, but I am really thinking if I just move forward at a reasonable pace I will get this SOB over with once and for all on the 18th. Scores come out around November 1, and either way there will be drinking... !

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, how exciting you did so well on your practice test. I'll be having a celebratory drink with you on November 1st. We do not have an Epic Burger. They sound good though. As much as I love jewelry I have never liked watches. I have a Snoopy pocket watch and that's about it. Marty has a few Bell & Ross watches, a Panerai and a few other brands but I don't remember what. I know Marty is always willing to get a new watch though. Your watches sound very nice. Marty had a debit charge today to some place called Name Tag Country. I have a feeling something. With Curby is coming my way.

Here is the picture I am calling Marcy Was Here. Yep, that is my tire mark on that curb. LOL.

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1381373396.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Wow Curby, that's quite a tire mark! We've all be there though, so don't feel bad. The day (as in like TWO HOURS) after I got Billy Ray the CB and I drove to Trader Joe's in Kansas City. Of course I parked a zillion miles away from any other car but I came within MILLIMETERS of bashing the front lip right into the curb thing. I hadn't realized yet how long BR is and I felt like I had plenty of room to keep going forwad. Plus the lip is SO low. It could have been B.A.D.!

I am at my office to do some mega studying. Most of my office is at an off-site and it should be quite so I have no excuse. Except... they are putting breakfast out in the servery and I can smell something wonderful wafting through the office, and of course there will be lunch and who knows what else... ;(

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday! :wavey:

Dee Jay, I am glad you have a nice, quiet office for studying today. What did they put out for breakfast? I had Cheerios. They don't smell very good but I like them for BF. I hate when you realize your car is low and you hit curbs with it. This car is a little higher than the last one because it has larger tires. That wheel mark is pretty impressive. Bigger than I thought it would be; it sure makes me laugh when I drive by it though.

Work was hectic today. We started the day off with another manager stopping by to tell us something and one of my employees going off on him. Sigh. He at least did go apologize without my prompting. Just one of those frustrating changes that creates problems for us. This guy is pretty high strung and kind of over re-acts to things. Such excitement.

Marty cooked burgers on the grill for supper plus made some rice and veggies. I love having supper ready when I get home.

I steered clear of all curbs today. :lol:

See ya!
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, you're employee went off at someone? Oh no... I hate stuff like that. To be honest, I'm usually the one going off, but I would really hate it if one of my peeps did it and I had to run damage control. You certainly deserved an extra glass of wine last night for that one!

I studied all day at the office yesterday and then came home and did 100 multiple choice questions... which just made me feel 100% stupid... I cannot wait for next Friday to be over...

Today the CB and I are going up to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, for the weekend. I'm sure we'll eat and drink like it's our last days on earth, and I started off this morning with a muffin I brought home from all the leftovers yesterday. It was a banana muffin about the size and density of a bowling ball and I slathered that SOB with enough butter to cause a heart attack. I'm not sure what's going to his first, sugar shock or cardiac arrest!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday. The weekend is finally here. :appl:

Dee Jay, I agree. I do deserve another glass of wine. I hate office politics and in fighting. At least no one was fighting today. I am sure you've reach a point where you are so saturated with information a break now and then is a good idea. I used to study for tests and finally just decide if I don't know it by now; I'm not going to know it. LOL at the description of your muffin and the butter you put on it. One of those things that you can feel your arteries hardening as you eat it? Have a great weekend.

Work was very busy today until 3:30 then the clock seemed to stop. I met Marty and my dad for lunch. Just as I got to the restaurant I noticed a text from Marty and he'd locked himself out of the house so I had to come home and let him in the house. My dad rode to the house with me so we had a nice talk. He is really stressed and worried about money. Their insurance is pretty good thought so he should be okay on medical bills.

Marty is playing poker tonight. I ran to the store tonight but other than that I've been lazy. I should start laundry but it can wait.

We had grilled cheese sandwiches for supper. Time to pick up some groceries again soon.

Have a great weekend.
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy-aka curby, that's one heck of a tire mark on the curb! Nice one. Did it damage your tire at all? My nephew suggested BBLEWRAP for vanity plates for me since I seem to fall and break bones a lot. I hate work drama. Especially if it involves someone in my group! There was supposed to be a meteor shower we could see on Monday night, so Matt and I grabbed blankets and made a cushy bed in the driveway and hung outside for a few hours after sunset. We didn't see meteor showers, but the sky was beautiful and it was fun to just lie there and talk. Matt has an app called Google Skymap that is absolutely awesome. I'm not sure it is available for i-devices though. I didn't know about the northern lights. Darn it! I am anxiously awaiting the Apple announcement. I'm thinking of getting a smaller device because of my hand/thumb issues. I'm leaning towards a samsung galaxy 8 because I love my samsung phone, but the small ipad with retina display might just sway me...

dee*jay-I ate a poppyseed muffin for breakfast and then looked at the calories. Holy crap! Now I feel like I should just eat fruit for the rest of the day. Why the heck are muffins so fattening, and why do they have to taste so good??? I had a chips, salsa and beer night this week too. Matt was out of town all week, so my dinners consisted of whatever I could find...and beer. I'm not doing so well with the eating right now. I have no idea where my new office space will be. It is up to the vendor to secure office space, and they're working on the negotiations now. We won't know until November-December where we'll be. Sucky, huh? They're thinking we will be back in our current building one day a week, so they are remodeling a section to house the project team. We met with the designer to pick out our modular furniture, cabinets, etc. for our new space. That was pretty cool. She'll be back next week with a 3-D version for our approval.

Work was crazy last week. I slept so hard last night! I'm thinking I'm ready for a nap right now. Matt got home from Louisville late Thursday night and worked a long day Friday, so he's pretty exhausted too. I got my flu shot this week and I think I ended up with a mini version of the flu. Better than the real thing though. We had planned to go on a fall excursion today, but we're both so tired we'll be lucky to make it to the farmers' market for mums and pumpkins. I was hoping to go by the Acura dealer in the daylight to see what the blue color I want looks like in the daylight, but that may have to wait for another day. Food today has been a muffin and a banana. If we make it to the farmers' market, we'll eat at one of my all-time favorite local Italian restaurants. I've been walking Lily all week, so I'm doing better with making myself exercise. She's a good motivator because she bounces off the walls if you go too many days without walking her. Have a wonderful weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. We are in the car coming back from a Denver. I am using my Audi Connect for the Internet. Sweet.

Deegee, I agree. Muffins are way too good but sadly they are not low calorie. I eat the little Debbie muffins sometimes. They are 150 calories or make my own from a mix but make them smaller. Then you get bites but they are a good mid morning snack for me. Rats that you missed both the meteor shower and northern lights. The meteor showers are mostly better after midnight and the ones early this month only average about 15 an hour. The Google sky program is good. Wasn't my tire mark impressive? A little rainbow shape or new rubber. I did take a small nick out of the side of the tire but Marty said it was fine. That is good Lily is a good motivator for walks.

We got up about 6:30 and Marty started getting the 2 watches ready he wanted to see about trading at the watch event. I rounded up my jewelry and off to Denver we went. They gave him a decent trade on his Omega and some on a Maurice LaCroix which paid for about 1/2 of his new watch. Then they kicked in $600 store gift cards and we had $188 bonus points credit so at the end of it all we spent less than I thought. Woo hoo for me. He got some special edition Bell & Ross. Since he didn't break my spending bank I upgraded my emerald cut diamond. My other one was an EGL that the store rated J VS2. I found it a bit yellow. Today I got a slightly larger 1.02 ct G Si2. It's GIA. It has quite a few flaws but I am blind so I don't see them naked eye. I'll have to get pictures and post them later.

I also got a new purse and wristlet.

Should I have saved money for plates and taxes on my car? But this was more fun.

We had breakfast at Mimi's and supper at Pappadeaux.

Laters
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids.

My knees and feet are not happy with me today. Too much walking and standing yesterday. I decided to pass on grocery shopping today. Marty is only in town 2 days this week anyway.

I got the laundry done. I made Marty a hungry man breakfast. Pancakes, eggs and bacon. I had one pancake and one piece of bacon. He played golf and picked up pizza on the way home from golf. We are watching football. Or should I say I am watching football and Marty is napping on the couch.

I made the killer rabbit up his own "pawsport" this morning. I bought it this summer but kind of forgot I had them. Marty called me a flake when he saw it.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy-you really know how to go shopping! My problem is that I think about a purchase for too long and then end up never getting anything. I need to work on that. Congrats on the upgraded stone for your rhr. I'll have to check it out. I'm blind like you - I think it helps me be less picky!! Matt was out of town last week and is heading out again tomorrow. He is interviewing 8 graduating seniors at the University of Louisville. He decided to dress up a little, so he put on a fashion show so I could help him pick out what to wear. He's so cute. Are you off tomorrow for Columbus Day?

This weekend went by entirely too fast. I am traveling to Lexington early tomorrow morning. My dad is having surgery. About a month ago he was diagnosed with cancer in his colon, among other things. After a bazillion tests, they still don't know if it is colon cancer or a cancerous tumor in the colon. Apparently there is a difference, and treatment will depend on which one it is. Please send prayers and good thoughts his way. This is the second time he has been diagnosed with cancer and he has already been through so many surgeries and treatments. He's handling it better than my poor mom. Anyway, I need to get to bed so I can hit the road bright & early. I'm meeting my sister about halfway there, and will ride with her the rest of the way. Have a good day tomorrow.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I forgot to thank you (and others) who talked about wearing ear plugs to sleep. The CB snores like he's a frickin' buzz saw and I am so tired in the mornings sometimes if it keeps me up. Last week I dug out some cheapie foam earplugs that I got on a first class flight over-seas one time and popped them in out of sheer desperation. WOW!!! They took a little getting used to, especially if I roll over on the side of my head and I can feel them, but I am SO MUCH HAPPIER. In need to go to a drug store and get a big package, but this has made my life better! And I love your new stone! ECs are my current obsession and you're not helping... :cheeky:

Deegee, I hope all goes well with your dad and the surgery. Too cute about Matt and the fashion show! Bill used to buy everything at Brooks Brothers, which I think of as the Gerranimals (sp?) for adult males. Put any top with any bottom and it matches, LOL. The CB gets to wear jeans to work every day and he always looks presentable, but certainly not Brooks Brother-esque.

We spent the weekend in Lake Geneva and I got some (not a ton) of studying in. We also ate A LOT but I didn't drink much because I drove Billy Ray and I won't have even a single cocktail when I'm out with him becaus of the cop-magnet factor. I had a glass of wine every night when we got back to the B&B after dinner, but that's about it.

I also did my core exercises when I got home last night, but I think I need to cut back on them. I was trying to do two sets of three things, but I am going to try just one set each because I think the second set is more harm than good.

Tonight is my first night of tax preparation class. Poor timing since my last exam is on Friday and I would rather be using those few hours to study, but nothing I can do about it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results