shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are the Snoopy pieces on the walls. Sorry for the mess, these were last night right after we got them put up. Getting the 2 aligned over the stairs was a challenge.

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1378952910.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1378952946.jpg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy-the art looks awesome on your walls! Especially those in your staircase. I love them! The decorator keeps asking me what type of art I like, but I don't know! In my nearly 19 years of marriage and my 2 years on my own before marriage, I never hung a single thing on the walls. And do I need to come & steal your rugs? They look like the colors I'm thinking of. Our agency used to be located in the Capitol Complex, and everyone had real offices with real walls. Some even had doors. Now we're all in cubes, with managers having higher walls and a door. My old office had a lovely, straight-on view of the capitol building with the mountain behind it and manicured grounds in front. Now I have a lovely view of a coworker in a cube. So, you have a really bad track record with knives, huh? I was really afraid when I bought my new knife set that I would lose a finger, but I've done well with only one cut. It was kind of a bad one, but I still have my finger. I sure hope you get some relief for your knees. When I have a bad flare-up with my back & neck, I'm supposed to take 4 Advil every 6 hours for a few days in a row in an attempt to get the swelling down. I never remember to take them as I am supposed to, so it doesn't help too much. We're having bad storms and lots of rain too, but nothing like you're getting. Geezzz.

Work today was okay. Our project consultant came to my office to check on me this morning because my foul mood yesterday worried him. People aren't used to seeing me in a bad mood because I try really hard not to let things show, but occasionally I fail and the bad mood makes an appearance. Tomorrow is full of meetings which I dread, but I'm reminding myself that I have an appointment at the furniture store with the decorator to order my sectional, entertainment center, kitchen table and counter stools tomorrow after work. I may get wild and order an accent chair too. Exciting! Unless I chicken out and don't order anything. I had yogurt and grapes for breakfast, leftover spaghetti for lunch, and homemade veggie pizza for dinner. I'm probably on carb overload! A coworker stocked me up with fresh veggies from her garden, and I couldn't let them go to waste. I'm off to read for a while. Have a good evening.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi.

Thanks, Deegee, I am a sucker for Snoopy so I guess that is why I like Everhart’s art so much. It is so hard to pick out something you both like; Marty likes more things than I do. We got our rugs at Lowes. They have that design in assorted sizes. They certainly have your colors in them. Your old office and view sounds great, I would miss that. I am glad you still have your finger after cutting yourself. I hope my knees get better too. I may just have to break down and go to a doctor. The flooding in Colorado is unbelievable; it has caused such widespread destruction. The rain is going to continue at least through tomorrow. We’ve had over 3 inches of rain here but nothing like some of the places in Colorado. That is great you are going to go order some of your furniture tomorrow. That was nice of the project consultant to check on you to see if you were okay. Good luck with your meetings.

We had another rainy day. Marty says he feels like he lives in Seattle.

Work was busy so the day went by quickly. We went to try a new Mexican restaurant for supper. It was okay.

Off to get ready for bed! Our house is kind of chilly tonight.

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Deegee, did you get your furniture ordered? I am so impatient that when I get the new furniture bug I pick out my stuff and then I want it NOWWWWWW…! This ordering a couch and then waiting about seven years for it to come in drives me crazy! And did you go WILD and order an accent chair too?!?

Marcy, how is your finger? LOL on Marty saying he felling like he lives in Seattle. When I was interviewing in Pittsburgh last spring the guy I was talking with said that Pittsburgh gets fewer sunny days per year than Seattle does. Not as much rain of course, but just icky grey. I forgot about that from when I grew up there, but he’s right. Depressing!

Yesterday I did some multiple choice questions, went to lunch with my colleagues for someone’s birthday (even though it was one of my days off I walked over to the restaurant because it was right by my house) and listed to a bunch of the video lecture last night. I’ve only got about an hour and a half of the video lecture left and then it’s off to all review all the time. Ug.

I was going to go to the gym this morning but I talked myself out of it LOL.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday!

Dee Jay, I have no problem believing you would want any furniture you order NOW. I can identify with that because I am so well known for patience. :lol: Grey skies all the time would be depressing. Aren't you glad you didn't end up moving back there? We actually see the Sun here most days but it has been absent all week until giving us a brief appearance this afternoon. We are all "what's that bright shiny thing in the sky?" My finger is better but I can't leave a bandaid off it yet or it starts to leak red stuff again. It isn't sore though. That was nice you could just walk over to the restaurant to join your colleagues for lunch.

We continue to have rain but still nothing like Colorado. I met a friend for lunch and picked up window food for supper. Marty said he felt lazy tonight so I exchanged some money for food on the way home. We are going to watch the new Star Trek movie on PPV tonight.

Take care. Have a great weekend. :wavey:
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay - I didn't know you grew up in Pittsburgh. I've only been there a few times - we live 3 hours away in West Virginia. Matt is a huge Cincinnati Reds/Bengals fan, and we've been to a few games when they play Pittsburgh teams. I did order furniture. I'm so proud! My coworkers gave me a pep talk before I left, worked up my courage. I couldn't let them down! It's SO easy to talk yourself out of going to the gym, isn't it?

Marcy - Did you like the Star Trek movie? Matt and I have been watching the very OLD Star Trek shows from the 60's. We watched the original pilot which had a different captain. I just love Netflix! I hope your rain ends soon. I always have "rain pain." I swear rain makes me feel creakier than usual. I'm sure it isn't helping your knee at all. Matt is going out of town again this week. I keep telling myself that he isn't that far away and, thankfully, he's not out of the country. I keep thinking of Marty's trip with the protestors and craziness. Ugh!

We met the designer lady at the furniture store for a really cool presentation for our greatroom/breakfast area. It was soooo awesome! And then to be able to walk through the showroom and look at the pieces she chose for us and the actual fabric swatches... too cool. I ordered the sectional in my inspiration picture, only I ordered one that was a little bit larger - 3 seats, a corner piece, and then 2 seats. I ordered an ottoman that opens up for storage and has a tray that pulls up to use while you're on the couch. I ordered a kitchen table and chairs, an entertainment center, but I couldn't bring myself to order the accent chair, rug, or counter stools. I really liked them, and as much as I spent on everything else it shouldn't bother me so much, but I just couldn't pay half the price of the huge sectional for a small accent chair, I couldn't bring myself to fork up the big $$ for the rug, and Matt had issue with the cost of the counter chairs. We may end up ordering the counter chairs because they were really nice, but I think I can do better with the rug and accent chair. I'm so proud of myself! Oh, and we ordered a few accent pieces - a floor lamp that has a base that looks like a survey tripod (Matt loved it), and a side table that I can't describe. I'm hoping everything will be here by Christmas. Everything is custom, so it takes for freaking ever! Food today was just BAD, so I won't even go into it. We went to KY to close my parents' pool for the winter, so I got some exercise there. Matt and Lily have already sacked out on me, so I'm off to bed. Have good Sunday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Marcy, I am just stunned by the pics I see of Colorado. Who knew Boulder County would become beachfront property??? I’m so glad you aren’t being impacted like that. Wow.

Deegee, I’m so PROUD of you! And I totally understand hesitating on the disproportionate price of some furniture items. A chair half as much as a sectional… can someone explain the logic in that to me?! If you REALLY love the stools though you should get them. I have a couple of things I paid “too much” for and I have never regretted it. And yes, I came from the 'Burg!

Zoe, hope all is well and that you’re settling into your new job!

My new mission is to do some core strengthening exercises. I started today and so now of course I am sitting here with ice on my back because I either got over zealous or I’m simply ridiculously out of shape. Probably both.

Yesterday I didn’t leave the apartment one single time. I considered taking the trash across the hall in the evening, but I thought, why break a perfect record at this point, LOL. I have officially finished going through all the materials for my last test and now I have 16 days to review review review. (I want to weep just typing that… )

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boo. The weekend is winding down. :((

Deegee, I did like the Star Trek movie but big disclaimer if you are a true Trekie you won't like the revisionist story lines they have in it. I think our rain is moving out tomorrow. As of this morning we had 6.19 inches in 6 days. Poor Colorado is getting more rain today too. I can identify with rain pain. I feel like someone beat the crud out of me. My knees, feet and legs just don't want to work and are very sore. Marty is going on the road this week and next week. At least it is in the states this time. I am sure he will be back overseas soon. How exciting that you ordered so many pieces of furniture. :appl: I know what you mean about the accent chairs costing so much. When we thought of buying a recliner for upstairs the really nice ones were about the price of a new couch. We found really nice and reasonably priced stools at Pier 1 and you can order the tops in different colors. The tops swivel too. Sorry to hear that Matt is traveling this week.

Dee Jay, I guess they are having more flooding today in Colorado. I hope the rain moves out of there tomorrow. Sorry to hear your back is protesting your eagerness to do some core strengthening exercises. I hope the ice helps. Good idea to stick to your perfect record and stayed inside all day yesterday. I did the same thing today. I dropped a bag of trash on the garage floor and will get it in the trash can in the morning. I need to mail my tax bill off to my mortgage company and get gas tomorrow. It was too rainy to venture out today.

I enjoyed watching my football team win today. Marty's golf tournament was in rain delay so luckily we didn't have to juggle TV's.

I made homemade biscuits for breakfast and tacos for lunch. We had popcorn during the football game. Ugh. Boredom wasn't good for the waistline of buttock today.

Sorry for any typos. I am on my mini since I had to go plug my laptop in before it died.

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Marcy, I blew my prefect record last night when a friend called and we met for dinner at the East Bank Club. I walked over through the underground parking garage since it was raining but it stopped by the time we came out so we ran over to CVS for a candy bar. :nono: I was so full (we had fahitas - sp?) but somehow I managed to eat it. :nono: :nono: :nono:

Anyway, when I got home I made myself finish the remaining homework for Chapter 1 and didn't get done until around midnight. Then I couldn't sleep (of course). When when I did finally drop off I had a crazy dream about taking the exam (except it was AUD [the first exam I took] and not FAR [the one I'm studying for now]) and instead of multiple choice questions first and simulations last (which is the way the real format goes) I had sims first. For the first (of 7) sims I had to watch a video to answer the questions and that piece alone took over an hour, and you only get four hours for the whole test. I FREAKED OUT.

Seriously, this test is making me CRAZY. In the middle of the night and into this morning I was thinking I should push it back to the last day before my "notice to schedule" expires on Oct. 19, but I really just want it OVER WITH. We'll see how the next several chapters go before I make any rash decisions...

I haven't been eating breakfast but there were some strawberries in the kitchen so I just had a few. They were surprisingly good!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday! We had some sunshine today. Woo hoo. And rain and fog - it's like living on the ocean without any of the benefits.

Dee Jay, rats for breaking your perfect record but at least you went out an had some fun. I had both candy and cake today, I'll probably be buzzy tonight trying to fall asleep. How awful to have a dream about them altering the format of your test. That is awesome you are so close to being finished with studying and the tests. :appl: :appl: :appl: I am glad you mentioned strawberries. I have some in the produce drawer and I'd better eat them while they are still decent.

Marty left for his trip this afternoon. He said the flooding is right up to the highway and a lot of underpasses and exit ramps are underwater. It is so sad.

Work was okay today but I did have a case of the crankies. It's not much better tonight. Hence the candy and cake today. :devil:

I had leftover soup for lunch and leftover tacos for supper. Not much cooking with Marty out of town.

Take care!
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Marcy, I hear you on the "no cooking when alone" thing! When I was single (i.e., before Bill) dinner alternated between chips and salsa and potato chips and onion dip! Now I have "graduated" to microwaving things. Woo hoo - Betty Fvcking Crocker here!!!

Food yesterday was pretty good. Actually I think I only ate one real meal and just nibbled a little in the evening. So far today I've been good only because I have someone coming in for training so I'm kind of trapped in my office. There are left over chocolate croissants in the kitchen though calling my name...

Last night I stayed at the office until about 9:30 studying. I should have done a little more when I got home but I just didn't have it in me to start a whole new topic at that point. Of course I woke up at five to 5 this morning and might was well have just gotten up and stuied at that point because I lay their awake for the next two hours doing nothing.

And being a super big weenie, I pushed the exam back yet again to Oct 8 instead of Oct 1. But THAT'S IT. (Not to mention I run out of time on my notice to schedule beyond that, so I'm SOL without paying another couple hundred bucks for a new window to open. It's bad enough I've now paid $35 TWICE to extend.)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday Kids!

Dee Jay, I have definitely avoided cooking at all this week. Why break my record now? Yay for advancing from chips and salsa to microwave dinners. :bigsmile: I can microwave with the best of them! Rats for being trapped at the office. I felt that way today too. Okay October 8 is it! You will pass your test. I know you'll be studying your little butt off between now and then. The end is in sight. :appl:

I met a friend for supper last night. We had soup and salad at Olive Garden then went to the mall. I bought another Teddy Bear from Kays. Now I have 7 teddy bears. Marty will definitely think I am a flake when he gets home.

I had a bad night's sleep. Too much thinking going on here. I met another friend for supper tonight. We had pizza and wine. Not diet friendly but tasty. We each had personal pizza and I brought 1/2 home for lunch.

We were quite busy at work today so the day zipped by. I had to stay home till 8:30 to let my cleaning lady in and then came home at lunch to pay her and lock up the house. I didn't want to go back to work after coming home though. But I was a good kid and went back to work. Darn those pesky bills like house and car payments.

I am working on laundry now and plan on going to bed early tonight. I know - likely story!

Deegee, are you surviving the week while Matt is on the road?

Zoe, are you enjoying the beach for me?

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-pushing the exam out a week isn't being a big weenie - it's just being really prepared! Do you study better at your office instead of home? I'm needing to do some heavy reading for the project, but there is no way I can do that at work unless it is after everyone leaves. Home doesn't work because I end up playing with Lily and the cats instead of working. I have zero self-discipline.

Marcy-Is Marty coming home tomorrow? I haven't cooked a meal for myself all week. I haven't had time for lunch all week either, and I'm hungry! I plan to hire a cleaning person the week after my new furniture is delivered. I feel silly hiring someone now when the first floor is pretty much vacant! Just a bed in our room, a couch and a tv on the wall in the great room, and that's pretty much it. Oh yeah, we did go to Pier One and buy 2 counter stools (the swivel kind) for the kitchen. Great suggestion! They were very reasonably priced, and it's nice to not be eating dinner at a flimsy card table with folding chairs. Did you update to ios7? I'm so chicken to do updates after the update last summer killed my iphone and I had to restore it to factory settings. If it hadn't been for the cloud, I would have lost everything.

Work this week has been ridiculous. It's harder to step out of my job than I thought. All of these planning meetings we're having are necessary, but I need time to actually carry through with some of the things we've planned. I have worked late every night this week, come home and had popcorn & beer for dinner, and sacked out on the couch. I threw a salad in last night to make it healthy! Lily and I have been taking a short walk around the neighborhood in the evenings. A short walk is still good exercise because of the hilly terrain. Matt and I plan on leaving Sunday for the beach. We have rented a beach house with some friends and I am looking forward to doing nothing all week. I'll be lucky to get dressed once a day to go out for dinner. And just in time for the beach and salty water, I chopped the end of my finger off today with my razor. Ow! So maybe it's just a little sliver instead of the end of my finger, but it hurts like a ...well, you know. Have a good Friday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! :wavey:

Deegee, are there conference rooms you can go read and study in at work? Yes, Marty comes home tomorrow. Is Matt coming home then too? :appl: That is great you found some stools you liked at Pier 1. We thought the ones we got were very nice and didn't break the bank. We want to go get some bar glasses for the man cave so we'll probably get those at Pier 1 too. I did upgrade both my phone and iPad tonight to the new IOS. It is quite different but I figured it out and think it's okay. OUCH to chopping off the end of your finger. I hope it's okay and doesn't hurt too bad for long. Have fun at the beach.

Work was busy today. I met a friend for lunch. I stopped by after work to see my dad then picked up a junior hamburger for supper on the way home. It took a while to download the new IOS on my iPhone and iPad but I got them set up. Marty was pretty tired so we didn't talk long tonight. He has hardly slept all week. Poor guy.

Dee Jay, happy studying!

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Deegee, if I stay at my office and study I am totally nose to the grindstone. When I'm home there are so many distractions and reasons to step away from the materials. Even if I go down to the party room in my building I'm better off than if I stay in my own space. And *yowch* on your finger!

Marcy, I admire how you embrace new technology. Personally I would rather poke my own eyeball out than change anything, especially if it's working OK. When I changed from my blackberry to an iphone I practically hyperventilated. How is your dad doing BTW?

The CB and I went to dinner last night. I ended up moving to the couch in the middle of the night because he was snoring. I swear it didn't used to bother me as much, but now I can't get a wink in if he's buzz-sawing away. I am seriously going to look into some foam earplugs from the drug store because I can't sleep with the hard-core ones I got from the gun range, but otherwise I'll never be able to get a good night's sleep again in bed with him.

I came down to Florida today to see my dad and his wife. I had a truly grim meal of overly battered fish and limp fries, bit I am doing my best to get over it with a couple glasses of wine.

The resort now has Wi-Fi in the individual condos (it didn't the last time I came down two years ago) and that is going to make all the difference in the world! I also need to get some serious studying in while I'm here...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Weekend!

Dee Jay, I am glad you are overcoming your dinner with some wine. That certainly always helps me. Woo hoo for having wifi access at your dad’s condo. What would we do without access to the rest of the world? I remember when I got my first Mac laptop – I was ready to throw it out the next day. I couldn’t even figure out where to check my email. It was a big change. I certainly do enjoy the newest electronic toys now though. I notice I have become so Mac oriented now that Windows sometimes throws me for a loop when some shortcut key doesn’t work the same.

Marty and I both use the foam earplugs; they seem to help a lot. I used to spend easily more than an hour trying to get them to stay in my ear but I finally just shove them in there without rolling them up and they stay better. They still come out about ½ way but they kill the noise enough I can sleep. I notice when Marty is out of town I hear more outside noises than I used to before sleeping with earplugs.

We had an astronomy meeting last night. After the meeting we went out for pie with some of our friends. Marty was up until about 1 am backing up then upgrading his iPad and iPhone to the new IOS. We went to Verizon this morning and he got a 5s. He’s spent most of the day getting that set up. He has a ton of music so his transfers always take a while. Verizon gave him $220 for his 4s so we were happy with that deal.

My sister came to town today to clean out my mom’s sewing room and stuff. My other sister came in to help her. We all went to lunch at Olive Garden (I am still full). Marty is pretty tired so we are mostly staying home lazy today. I am working on laundry.

It’s back in the 80’s here today.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. Happy Sunday. We have a lot of grumbling thunder outside right now but only sprinkles to show for it.

We went to breakfast early then Marty went to play golf. I worked on assorted things to do and one batch of laundry. A friend of mine was riding around the golf course with her husband so she sent me a text to come over and meet her for a drink. I text her when I got there so her and I had a nice visit before the guys were done with golf. We had a burger there and probably won't eat supper since we ate so late.

My knee, leg and ankle was absolutely awful is morning. I iced it and keep it up for 2 hours and it's better. I guess I might break down and go to a doctor. Boo.

Marty leaves again in the morning.

I hope all of you had a great weekend.

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday night kids!

Marcy, as you saw in the other thread, I upgraded to ios7. What a PITA. I didn't even realize until this afternoon that one of the email accounts I have on my phone isn't working. A guy called me up P!SSED OFF about some keys to a condo unit because he'd emailed me several times over the weekend and didn't get a response. Damn Apple.

I am happy to report I am HOME. God; three days with my family is like a life sentence with anyone else. I even went to the airport four hours early today and just sat there and studied. (I told them I was stopping at the outlet mall on the way. Liar liar, pants on fire... but I couldn't take any more.)

Food wasn't TOO bad, but I did some copious drinking. I did also got to the gym three days in a row because that was a perfectly legitimate reason to be away from them for two hours every morning. Now my knee is killing me...

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What is it about the ocean that makes me zone out? I forget there is a world out there when I'm sitting on the beach or on the deck. My whole first day of vacation is always wasted due to my entire day of staring at the waves. There you go - pretty much my entire day. We had a fabulous dinner at a restaurant and were seated at a table with an awesome view of the sun setting over the ocean. My friend and I split 2 bottles of wine...does that mean I had a whole bottle of wine myself? Hmmm.... We took a very long walk on the beach with Lily, so I got some exercise. I plan to repeat the day tomorrow.

Marcy-I'm so sorry to hear your knee, leg and ankle are bothering you so badly. It does sound like you need to go to the doctor. You might be able to get some relief with some type of therapy. What a bummer that Marty is leaving again already! Matt has to go out of town the day after we get back from vacation. It's getting old.

Dee*Jay-too funny you faked an outlet trip to get away from family. We have made up some pretty good excuses to get away from Matt's mom. Sometimes we get guilted into cancelling our "other plans" so we can stop by. The things we go through....

Have a great Tuesday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi.

Dee Jay, sorry your IOS upgrade was such a PITA. Rats that you missed some emails. I really laughed about your liar liar line. I laughed because I can so identify with it. What did you get at the outlet mall? Ha ha. I completely understand that alcohol consumption has to increase during such trying times. At least you got I. Some exercise. Sorry to hear your knee is not happy.

Deegee, I am exactly like you with the ocean and waves. It completely mesmerizes me too. You deserve an entire bottle of wine with such a wonderful view. Agreed that I probably need to see a doctor but I took off so darned much time with my mom I hate to deplete the rest of it with doctors and whatever they want to do. Marty at least stopped by my favorite jewelry store today to see if it looks like the ones we go to in Denver. He said they had out more large diamonds with the prices to match. Sounds fun to me. Sorry that Matt will be on the road right after you get home from vacation.

Work was kind of slow today so I was bored and cold. We had more rain. It is getting in the 30's here tonight. Fall arrived quickly. I turned on the gas fireplace tonight while watching the football game.

I got my hair trimmed after work today and tried the new burger place at the mall. The burger was good but their fries were greasy so I didn't eat many of them.

I am debating if I want to buy a new car. I want to drive a new Audi A6, Q5 and the equivalent BMW and Mercedes. My car is only 3 years old but I feel like this car is snake-bit and I would rather spend a few thousand to pay for the taxes and plates on a new car than fix this one. Marty said either way were are out that money. I am interested in a SUV but Marty wants the sports car. Depending of what we find and trade in value my payment may go up about $100. Decisions. Decisions.

Tomorrow is dinner with a friend. More alcohol. After that my dance card is empty so I need to get back to my routines.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I have the itch for a new car, and I got mine right after you did. There isn't anything wrong with mine and I haven't had any trouble at all, I just like a new car every 3 years or so! I am definitely going to get another SUV. My Acura is AWD and it handles extremely well. My cute sporty Infiniti was horrible for my back and leg, but it sure was fun to drive. For me though, comfort is king and I'll be getting another SUV. Wow - it got really chilly fast where you are. We're still hanging in the low 50's in the evenings at home.

Well, I wasted another entire day staring at the ocean. Matt tells me not to feel bad about it because vacation is for relaxing, and staring at the waves relaxes me. We're going to try to get ourselves up and out tomorrow for a trip to Ocracoke Island. We went last year but didn't have much time to actually do anything, so we're going to try to get going earlier. It's a haul to get to the location of the ferry, and then another 45minutes on the ferry to the island. We're going to try to stop by the Cape Hatteras lighthouse too. The friends we're traveling with have never been to the Outer Banks, so we're trying to hit a few of the high points. If we can stop staring at the ocean, that is. Food is just plain bad, and so is the alcohol consumption. Have a good Wednesday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Over the Hump Day. :appl:

Deegee, I know you love your Acura. They are very nice. Are you going to look for a new car? Today I am leaning towards a car not SUV and keeping or getting an Audi. I am such a CHICKEN on snow and ice (Marty often asks why we live here?) and I know the Audi is great on snow and ice. During all those blizzards we had last spring my car was a trooper. I agree with Matt, you completely deserve to relax and just enjoy watching the waves. Your outing sounds like a lot of fun too. Have fun!

Marty and I were up late on FaceTime both researching info about cars. We are such dorks. I think I slept about 4 hours last night. Marty texted me when he got home from supper and said he was going to bed.

I went to the mall after work to have a few pieces of jewelry from there cleaned and checked. I had a burger at the mall. After I got home some friends stopped by and left me 2 chocolate cupcakes. I choose one of those instead of a ww frozen bar.

Well, I am going to get ready for bed.

Laters,
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Deegee, your days of staring at the ocean sound divine! I am terrified (irrationally so!) of sharks so I don't go IN the big fish bowl, but I love looking at it!

Marcy, how does face time work? I see the ap on my phone (was that automatically installed as part of the new ios upgrade? I swear I never noticed it before... ) but I'm afraid to click on it, LOL.

Yesterday I had my review (love my boss! love my company! love my job!) and my boss and I went to a FABULOUS restaurant for lunch. Two hours, $117, and a giant pile of food later... That was the only thing I ate yesterday, and I swear I am still full!

Last night I stayed at the office until after 10 and I feel like I'm getting dumber with every chapter. I just don't know how I'm even going to get through all the material again by the 8th. This morning I was so stressed out I walked half way to work before I realized I didn't put any makeup on. Fortunately there's a CVS right across the street from my office so I just picked some up. Someone... please... just put me out of my misery... !!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday. Marty comes home tomorrow! Yippee! :appl:

Dee Jay, did you watch any of that horrible movie Sharknado? You can see the highlights of it on YouTube. It was so BAD. FaceTime is like Skype. You can anyone else with an iPhone, iPad or Mac and you are both on an internet connection. I think you can do it from iPhone to iPhone over your wireless connection too but we always talk on our iPads when Marty travels. That is awesome you had a great review and got taken out for a wonderful lunch. I am sure you'll get through all of your material and pass your test in a few weeks. You can do it!!! Have you ever had a BMW? Marty is interested in the 5 series (AWD). Reviews I read online say they are AWFUL in snow and on ice.

Work was very busy today. I took a friend out to lunch for her birthday. I had 1/2 of a sandwich, a pickle and then saved room for peach pie - it was awful so I didn't eat much of it. For supper I had some leftover roast and mashed potatoes (I froze some from a few weeks ago). It's only 9:15 and I am setting here yawning.

Deegee, I hope you enjoyed some more wonderful views of the ocean.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all. I don't think I'm capable of forming many complete sentences right now. Soooo enjoying my slacker week. First pic-view of our very own private beach. Been spending lots of time there.

uploadfromtaptalk1380262737137.jpg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This evening on the boardwalk on the sound side. We actually walked about a mile to get to the boardwalk. Exercise!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sunset on the sound side of the island.

uploadfromtaptalk1380264056826.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, your photos are amazing. What a wonderful view. I would want to stay there forever! I am so glad you are having a wonderful time.

Marty has some buddies over for poker tonight. I picked up Olive Garden take out on the way home. We had salad, I got Marty soup and we split a kids size ravioli and lasagna fritta.

We have snow in the mountains. Oh no!

Well, I am yawning and cold maybe I'll get ready for bed.

Have a great weekend. :wavey:
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. We had an adventuresome day. Started at the Mercedes dealer. Had a nice salesman until he couldn't close the deal today then he and his boss got a little harrumph-y on us. We liked the E350 but wanted to try the BMW. We really liked the BMW over the Mercedes but wow do they have boring or dark colors. We were all ready to order a BMW then Marty mentioned if we really want a red car we should go look at Audi too. The newer models have changed a little and we have been very happy with how our car performs. When you spend that kind of money it should be something that really excites you, right? Decisions, decisions.

We had to get to Denver by 5 for our dinner reservations. We went to a great steak house. We both had a bone-in filet. It was delicious. We ordered some asparagus for our side and had dessert. They make a marvelous lemon cake so I had that and Marty had creme brûlée. We were both really hungry since all we had to eat before supper was cereal at breakfast and a snack bag of gardhettos at the Mercedes dealer.

Marty is at a concert right now. I am freezing so I might go to bed early just to get under the blankets.

I hope you are having a great weekend.

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello! We got home from the beach about an hour ago. We got stopped in wreck traffic in Virginia, so the trip ended up being about 11 hours. My back is not happy! I threw in a load of laundry and am heading to bed. Tomorrow morning is going to come awfully fast after my total slacker week.

Marcy - I was considering the BMW X5, but Matt is totally against me getting a BMW because they have bad reliability ratings. There isn't a Mercedes SUV that I'm overly excited about. I don't want a Lexus because there are already 4 Lexus SUV's in the parking lot at work with an occasional 5th one when my coworker brings his wife's vehicle to work. I really like the Audi Q7, but a coworker had one and got rid of it because it was in the shop a lot. The contenders are an Infiniti SUV and another Acura MDX. The Acura just had a redesign - I may have to take a look. I agree, a car is a bunch of money and you should get exactly what you want! Good luck choosing!! We had a hard time leaving that awesome beach house this morning. I slept every night with my bedroom balcony door open listening to the waves and enjoying the ocean breeze all night. So soothing.

I plan to join Weight Watchers again this week. I am a lifetime member, but I have definitely gained above the amount allowed! I'm putting Matt and Lily on diets too. Lily has such a sweet little face, which she used all last week to bum snacks of people food from everyone in the beach house. And also random strangers on the beach. (Did I mention that I met lots of people on the beach because Lily likes to visit with new people?) We all gained weight on vacation. Off to bed. Have a good Monday!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results