carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Zoe, I'm glad a huge weight was lifted off your shoulders yesterday with that conversation! And I'm sorry you weren't offered the job, but the right one will come along!

Marcy, dinner was ... OK. But only OK. I read the reviews online before I went, so I wasn't overly excited, and I'm glad I didn't go in there with super high expectations or I would have been sorely disappointed.

This morning I went to the gym and did a quasi-hard hour of cardio. I'm still a little zonked from this cold (or alergy?) thing from earlier this week, so I didn't kill myself. Now I'm cleaning up and bit, and I think I will go down to the party room in my building to crank out some homework in a little while.

The first part of the CPA exam is May 28 and I haven't finished the last class (which isn't even related to the topic that I need to study!) so it's time to stop scrubbing the grout in between the tile in the bathroom with bleach and a brush and hit the books!!!

(Amazing what one will do to procrastinate... homework or whiter grout... hmmmm... anyone see the Clorox?!? :rolleyes: )

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Marcy and Dee*Jay! I think I rocked the interview I had this morning. I had the chance to follow up on a question I wanted to answer a little differently, so that's good. I laughed a lot, which was part nerves part "I'm really happy to be here!" I was there for an hour. During the last ten minutes, they asked me to write a response to a prompt they gave. I think I did well but we'll see. I forgot to ask about the interview process (what the next steps are, when they hope to make a decision). I was thinking of calling and inquiring but I don't want to appear too over the top eager. I might wait until next Friday and contact them if I haven't heard anything.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi kids. :wavey:

Dee Jay, it sounds like the restaurant met your low expectations. At least that makes things less tempting to eat. Cleaner and whiter grout is very important. It is amazing the things we’ll come up keep from doing something else. I still haven’t done my monthly newsletter. I swear I will do it tomorrow! I hope your cold / allergies get better. You'll get your studies done.

Zoe, I am so excited to hear you have a good feeling about your interview today. Do you have email addresses of the people who interviewed you? If you do, maybe next week send them an email thanking them for the interview; I would rather have a candidate contact me by email than over the phone but then again I don’t like to talk on the phone.

We wandered around Hobby Lobby tonight and we both chuckled at a sign that said “there is a skinny person in me screaming to get out but I silence them with cookies”. Marty picked up a few things for his man cave and I picked up a few plastic storage containers for our walk in closet. I wanted to put my lingerie stuff in something with a top.

I am so excited the weekend is here. If my team makes it to Monday with an error I will be STUNNED. What a week. I had to go test my latest software release twice today so I didn’t get my normal checks done. I know my team did their job but we had so many updates it is hard to make sure everything is correct at the last minute. Cross your fingers and toes for me that I won’t be explaining our actions all of next week.

I had 3 leftover raviolis for lunch so I was quite hungry for supper. We went to Chili’s and ordered assorted appetizers. I had a couple of burger bites, celery sticks, a cheese stick and a potato skin. After Hobby Lobby we stopped at Cold Stone to get a dish of ice cream and I bought some ice cream sandwiches for us to take to dinner tomorrow at a friends house. Sadly I dropped one of the boxes on the floor when I came in the back door and of course the box flew open and dumped the ice cream sandwiches on the floors. It was sad to throw them down the drain since they weren’t cheap. I will go buy more tomorrow.

I am yawning and chilly so I think I’ll go to bed

Take care.
Marcy

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning!

Marcy, I can easily get the e-mail address of the principal and thank him that way, but I think I'm going to send a card in the mail.

We don't have anything exciting going on this weekend. I have PT this morning and then I might go food shopping. It's going to be another beautiful day so I'm going to try to convince my husband to take a walk with me this afternoon. We'll see. Hockey's on later, so he'll be tied up with that. I could clean out a few bins in the garage and then watch some of the game. Silver Linings Playbook is playing at the cheapo movie theater near us, so we might see that tomorrow. I also have a ton of correcting to do.

Have a great Saturday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Zoe, I also send physical thank you cards, but I wonder if that's an era that's coming to and end... Actually, for the job I have now, I did send emails because they are a very "modern" company (as opposed to an old school blue blood bank, where I would totally break out the Craine's stationary!) and I wanted to get the message off quickly since I knew they the selection had come down to me and one other candidate, and they had already talked to the other guy for the last time. Good luck!!!

Marcy, when I first read your post I thought you and Marty wandered around the HOTEL Lobby. I was like... um... OK--if that's what floats your boat! Now that I think about it though, there are so many nice hotel lobbies around that, especially when Bill and I lived in the Gold Coast, we used to frequently wander over to one for a drink in the bars. Maybe the CB and I will do that when the weather gets better and a walk east toward Michigan Avenue would be nice in the evening.

Yesterday I didn't leave my apartment at all, except to go to the gym, and I went there and back via the underground parking garage so I never even went outside. This morning I got up at 6:45 and took the baby for a drive. I love conditions like an early weekend morning--good light and visibility, light traffic, and virtually no cops. I only went about 20 miles total, but it was a great little spin!

The CB's daughter came home from college yesterday for the summer so he stayed home with her and I took advantage of getting more homework done. I've already finished the second half of a lecture this morning and started the homework for this section, so I can see the home stretch on this class!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay, good luck finishing up your class. I keep meaning to ask, how did you meet CB? How long have you been together?

Marcy and Deegee, how did you meet Marty and Matt? I met my husband online. We chatted a few times, met for coffee one day, had Chinese food and watched a (really bad) movie at his house the next day, and we've been together ever since. It will be 10 years in October. Married almost 5.

I went to PT and then we returned our DVR to the cable company. We went for Chinese food for lunch and I had wonton soup, chicken with mixed vegetables, and some brown rice. We went food shopping afterwards. We have a nature preserve in our city and we've never been there. He wants to check it out later so we might do that. We're having perch and salad for dinner. I've been eating a lot of apples with cinnamon sprinkled on top and bananas with PB lately, so I'll probably have one of those for dessert. It doesn't look like we'll get to the movies today.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Howdy!

Zoe, how cool you met your husband online. Congratulations on being together 10 years. Apples with cinnamon sounds really good. I love baked apples. Marty and I met at a photo lab. I worked there for years and he only worked there about 6 months but we connected right away. He was on his way home after getting out of the air force driving from California to Maryland and he stopped here to see his grandparents. He planned on going home to start college. He saw the very reasonable in state tuition prices here so joined he the army guard to establish residency and started looking for a job. He worked with me for a while and I thought he was really nice and very funny. I had a few people from work over to watch the Holy Grail and he and I ended up talking until about 4 am. He asked me out on a date and I took him out to the country to look through some telescopes and that just kind of ignited the spark. He left for his 2 week annual training a few weeks later and we were both miserable without each other. We were engaged a few months later. We’ve been married 22 years at the end of June. I thought it was nice when I got a thank you note for interviewing someone, I found the emails nice too but I don’t like getting the follow up phone calls.

Dee Jay, I am laughing thinking of reasons we’d be wandering around hotel lobbies. We’d be looking for the bar most likely. How fun to take Billy Ray out for a morning spin. That is awesome the end is in site for your class.

We actually slept in today. I know you have shocked looks on your face. I got up about 8:30 and Marty slept until after 10. I ran and bought McDonald’s breakfast because I didn’t want to mess up the kitchen. I went and bought another batch of ice cream sandwiches this morning and this time I asked for a bag to carry them.

We stopped by our local insurance agent on Tuesday to drop the F250 and add the trucklet to our policy. The girl who helped us apparently didn’t have the necessary skills to update our policy. I downloaded the new declaration page yesterday and found it certainly didn’t look right. The insurance premiums on the trucklet were almost double what they are on the Audi even though the Audi is 3 years old it is probably worth a little more than the Honda so that didn’t seem right. Also the deductibles on the Honda were listed really weird about stated value. I called the girl at the local agency first and she said “I don’t know why they came out that way.” I pointed out she set it up but it was obvious she couldn’t and wouldn’t help me so I called the insurance company’s 800 number today. The first problem was the trucklet’s vin number had been typed in wrong and then the girl set it up as a special stated value vehicle rather than just a typical we want to add a new car we bought today. The lady today told me the way they set up our policy is like we owned a Maserati or some custom classic car worth a lot of money. After updating our account the end result is our monthly premium is about $6 more instead of the $50 more the first girl’s update added.

Okay, I am off to work on my newsletter. We have dinner with friends tonight and tomorrow is laundry day.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I hope you had a great weekend.

We had fun at our friend's last night. We played several card games and got home about 1:30 this morning. That made for a short night. Marty went to play golf today. I went over to visit my parents for awhile, went grocery shopping and then started on laundry. I met Marty this afternoon at the golf course for a drink and a sandwich.

Tonight we are just watched TV. Marty took a nap on the couch so I propped some of the teddy bears on the back of the couch like they were watching him. Of course they were soon on the floor once he woke up. I found it amusing. :bigsmile:

Have a great week.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello! I can't login on my ipad for some reason so I'm posting from my phone. It will be a quickie post because my fingers don't work so well with the phone. We had a busy weekend of cleaning, packing, and getting about a zillion documents together for the mortgage company. Food was okay except today. We headed to KY for my niece's 14th birthday party and I had pizza and cake. I'm off to bed. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, it is amazing all the papers you have to did up for a mortgage. I thought my report cards from the first grade were a little bit extreme. :bigsmile: When we went to buy the trucklet this week I showed up with all sorts of paperwork; the guy at the dealer was impressed. I explained we'd just been through buying a house so I was prepared. I am sure you had fun at your niece's birthday party.

I just deleted tapatalk off my iPad. It hasn't been allowing me to post anything and I needed room on my 16 g flash drive so I could download an aquarium screensaver.

Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey friends!!! I miss you all! Hi Degee, Marcy and Zoe!

Deejay are you here? go check out the Vegas GTG thread if you get a chance.

happy workouts friends. I have been walking in the evenings so it isn't too hot.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Skippy! It's good to see you! It's been beautiful here so I've taken a few walks in our neighborhood. How hot has it been where you are? It's been in the 60s and 70s for us.

Hi Deegee!

Marcy, 22 years huh? Congratulations! I've never taken an astronomy class but it sounds interesting.

Not much new here. We never made it to the movies this weekend. I decided to take a nap at 5:00 on Saturday and I wound up sleeping through the night. I took a 2 hour nap yesterday, too. We watched a few Bones episodes (we're in season 3) and part of The Campaign. The movie was pretty bad so we turned it off. Although I never made it to the gym, we did take a walk, which was nice. I'm GOING to the gym tomorrow - no excuses. My schedule is mostly back to normal and I have to get back into it like I was before.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay for walks Zoe! wow, that sounds like beeeautiful weather; it has been weird here, hot/cold hot/cold. 80s and sometimes 60's. good to see you!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Skippy, it is good to hear from you! How are you doing? Good idea to get your walks in when it’s not too hot. After the winter we had I am looking forward to some warm weather. Did you get any snow this winter?

Zoe, I am glad you got in some walks this weekend too. We are warming up to the 50’s this week. I watched that movie you mentioned; Silver Linings Playbook. It was pretty good. Yes, 22 years together is pretty cool.

Dee Jay, how is your studying going?

Deegee, are you having fun packing?

Sharon, is the weather warming up where you are too?

Work was mostly okay. I had a few meetings. Things should be slowing down later this week. Then we’ll be painfully slow for a few months.

I went to the mall during lunch to see the remount sale selection at Kays. I was interested in getting some 3 mm rubies to replace some stones in a ring I have from them. The selection of gemstones was skimpy and the diamonds were not plentiful. I never really look at their mountings because they are always insanely expensive. They are going to order in 3 rubies for me to see.

Marty was at the golf course when I got home but I made supper and cleaned up some raw veggies. I was finishing my plate of veggies when Marty got home so we baked him some asparagus and then we had dinner.

Take care. :wavey:
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Zoe, I met the CB on line after a slew of other *interesting* match dates (the midget… guy with one eye… the guy who “forgot” that his 13 year old daughter lived with him because her mother just passed away… the guy who declared his undying love to me two hours—and two bottles of wine—into our first/only date… the guy that I will forever think of as Norman Bates Jr… ). I keep telling the CB I only go out with him because he was the least weird/scary of the options.

Marcy, car insurance is a mystery to me. I can’t believe they had you in the system for some sort of crazy exotic thing. What was that girl thinking? As for mortgage paperwork; I get panicked calls from my clients all the time when they are in the process because invariably there is *something* they can’t find.

Deegee, are you packing everything yourself or using movers for some of it? I never had packers until I went down to KC and after this last move back I think will use them for every moving going forward! Well, maybe not when I leave here because it’s such a small place and everything is organized and well contained, but beyond that…

Tonight I finished lecture 9 of 10 for this class. Would someone PLEASE tell me WHY the government must use a different accounting convention than everyone else on the planet?!? Honestly, how this country even knows if we have a surplus or a deficit is an utter mystery to me because everything goes in a different place than on a normal financial statement. Argh.

I was pretty good with food today… until those two brownies at the end… but I resolutely stuck to my rule that I cannot eat anything once I get home on the days I work. It was sorely tempting, especially with a snack sized bag of kettle chips in the kitchen and a box of Tofutti cuties in the freezer, but I simply could not allow it after those brownies!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Dee Jay, you crack me up with your list of bad dates. Our auto insurance policy is updated online and it looks fine now. I swear the "help" you find in this town is seriously lacking. I am sure you get a lot of panic calls from clients - of course we fortunately didn't need help from our realtor. I know you would take care of your clients. That is great you are almost done with the lectures for your class. Mmm brownies.

Work was interesting. My department is going to have a personnel shuffle in a few weeks. Since we are going in to our slow season we are going to shake things up a little and see if we can refine processes and get everyone doing the same work. It should make for an interesting summer. I am going to have someone different train our new employee so we'll see how that works out.

We made homemade tacos for supper. With Marty cutting up the veggies and me cooking the meat and shells it was a quick supper too. I was done with dishes by 6:35. SWEET.

Take care.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Marcy, I know what you mean about the quality of help in certain areas! Tacos sound sooooo good to me right now--I wonder if I can get the CB to make some this weekend. I also just remembered this morning that the patio with grills is open in my building now, so maybe we can go down there and cook up a nice hunk of meat or something--YUM!

Last night I started in on a chunk of 69 homework questions on the topic of not-for-profit accounting... and did the first 17 before I closed my eyes *just for a minute*... and woke up at 6:30 this morning! I do have to say though, I feel GREAT! Because I didn't move all night my back, knee and ankle feel FABULOUS. Hmmm... maybe I need to start sleeping on the couch.

So despite my best efforts to put off restarting my real estate business until after the CPA exam I now have one active $1.9 million dollar five-flat listing, a rental that's going on tomorrow for an investor client, a new referral that was sent my way by a very good friend, and a client who wants to sell what we bought five years ago and move up into a bigger place. There just are not enough hours in the day...

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Dee*Jay, you've met some interesting people online, haven't you? Congratulations on getting such a big listing (or two)! That's great.

Marcy, I've been craving tacos since you mentioned them. We're going to have them for dinner tomorrow night. Tonight we had Thin and Trim chicken sausages and multi-grain medley. I had 2 apples with cinnamon and PB for dessert. Odd combination, I know, but really good. Just wondering, but why is summer the slow season at work?

Hi Skippy and Deegee!

I had a staff meeting this afternoon and it's getting hard to attend them because we're starting to talk about things for next year. The more my boss talked about some of the changes (she's shuffling around a few teachers because of the number of kids in certain grades), the harder it was. I ended up leaving the room for a few minutes, all teary-eyed. I was embarrassed but oh well. I told my kids that I was leaving and they keep asking me if I have another job yet. Nope, not yet, but thanks for asking! :bigsmile:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Really?! Long rant ahead.

The real estate gods are not watching over me this week. Aye, yai, yai! Our tenant e-mailed us last night, giving us more detail about the bubbling she has on her floor in the kitchen of her ground floor. Water from the washing machine (that's in a pantry in the kitchen) must have seeped under the Pergo. I'm so sick of owning this condo. I just want to get out from under it. One of the problems is (aside from dealing with the hassle of it all in general) is that I'm not sure what to do about paying for new flooring.

Our tenant asked if she could remove the wall to wall berber in the living areas and laminate from the kitchen and put in Pergo when she moved in almost 4 years ago. It didn't need to be done (and we were hesitant to go with Pergo) but we said she could. She also ended up making a lot of other cosmetic changes to the condo, all with our approval. We all agreed that my husband and I would pay the equivalent of one month's rent and the rest of the cost would come out of our tenant's pocket. Fine. The place looks great but now there are large bubbles on the kitchen floor.

Who pays to fix this or replace the flooring? Is it on us to pay for (well, our insurance co., most likely, after our deductible) or our tenant? I think if we were smart, my husband and I would have ear-marked a certain amount of money to go towards each thing she wanted to do. I don't even know if that makes sense, but that's what came to mind just now. That way, we could go back to our tenant if needed and say we paid X amount for flooring back then. We'll pay that same amount now, and anything above and beyond is what she'll be responsible for. We didn't do that, so how do we figure this out? I suppose I could put this in Hangout and see what happens but I'm too tired right now.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday!

Dee Jay, your client list is building quickly and it sounds like you are trying to sell some great properties. :appl: I am glad you had a nice long nap; I am sure you needed it. That is great your building has grills on the patio for everyone to use. Grilled food is awesome. It’s healthy and there are no dishes.

Zoe, I don’t blame you for getting upset when you set in meetings where they are planning things for next year. I would leave too. That is sweet your “kids” are thinking of you. What a hassle and mess with your condo. Hopefully your tenant and insurance will cover most of the cost but I am sure you’ll have a lot to do to get it all arranged. Good luck with that! My job has seasonal variations in workload and the summer is our lightest season. It’s a good time to catch up on procedures and train people.

Marty and I met for lunch today. I had a sandwich and took ½ of it back to work for lunch later this week. When I got home after work Marty and a friend of his were playing darts; after they were finished Marty and I went to Olive Garden for supper. After splitting an appetizer and salad we had them pack up our supper. We were full. Plus we need something quick for supper tomorrow so that will work.

After supper we took a ride in the new trucklet. It’s been raining today and I got to see a wonderful rainbow and some cool sun rays coming out from behind the clouds so I enjoyed the ride. I need to get my little camera back in my purse.

Marty’s truck sold already. The guy bought it on Monday. He called Marty today to ask a few questions and he is thrilled with the truck. Too funny.

Well, take care. :wavey:
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Zoe, I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the condo. Forgive me if you've already thought of these two things, but obviously whatever the issue is that causing the water has to be addressed (if it hasn't been already), and you may want to find out how much the whole thing is going to cost to fix and then consider whether you really do want to make an insurance claim depending on how your premium may be affected going forwad. It sounds like you guys have had a number of issues with this property... would you consider selling it at this point and just being done with it?

Marcy, I spoke too soon about the outdoor space and grilling area being open becuase yesterday I got an email sent out by the management company that the whole thing (also including the pool and some other stuff) will be closed for the next two weeks to make repairs. People--it's mid-May! Couldn't this have all been figured out back when the weather was not yet nice?!?

I had a great workout this morning! At one point though I did wonder if maybe I was going at it a leeeeetle to hard... I did the gauntlet at 95 stairs/min for 20 mins and toward the end I was getting slightly lightheaded. But did I stop, or even slow down? OH NO!!! That's not The Way of Dee!!! Then I did 20 mins on the bike and 20 on the elliptical and a hard set of arms.

Today I am doing (of course :rolleyes: ) homework and also going to a condo inspection. I really hope the inspection doesn't go too long...

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay, thanks for your advice! I WISH we could get rid of the condo but we're under water. We have two mortgages and we're trying to get to the point of paying the lower one off and then selling it. By that time, it will be worth about the same as what we'd probably list it for, and we wouldn't have to bring any money with us to the table. Bottom line, we can't afford to get rid of it right now. We're still paying a third of our mortgage payments, too. Our tenant's rent doesn't cover it, and there's no way we could raise her rent that much. It would take years to get to that amount. We've gotten advice, a few years ago, to walk away from it but we see that as irresponsible. We've never had trouble paying the mortgage so why would we?

Part of the problem is that 1) this is the first (and only) place we've owned so we don't have past experience with any of this. 2) we were working with a property management company to oversee the condo but we fired them. On one hand it was convenient because we didn't have to get as involved as we are now. )When we hired them originally, we were living in NC and it wasn't practical for us to be landlords.) On the other hand though, we were paying 10% of our tenant's rent to this company and they were horrible at communicating with us at times. I'll call the insurance company tomorrow and figure out how to deal with this.

Sorry, I know I gave you way more info than you asked.

My mom is a writer and I've always asked her to write a book on how to be a grown up. I don't even know half of what I should know about these things. :errrr:

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy all! I've been working my fingers to the bone, cleaning out closets and packing. Tonight we started yard work as soon as we got home. Our landscaper usually does spring clean-up for us, but we did't call her early enough so she couldn't get to us until July. Yikes! We can't wait that long this year. As I sat down to lunch today at work today at 3pm (I leave at 4:30), I was thinking I should be losing weight since I don't have time to sit and eat anymore! Darn that alcohol. Why is it so fattening? We took Lily for her walk after the yard work and I did a few loads of laundry. Soooo happy tomorrow is Friday.

Marcy - Your first grade report card comment was perfect! The bank actually told Matt that my electronic paystubs weren't real paystubs. Seriously? They made us go direct deposit, and we don't get paper paystubs anymore. And I'm talking about a major bank here - not a small local one. Argh! Your house and your truck sold so fast! You guys must have really good stuff. Good luck with your personnel shuffle. You're in for a fun summer!! I reorganized my department last year and it was a good move.

Zoe - I'm so sorry to hear about your condo woes. That has to be draining. That is sweet your kids are asking about your job status. I don't blame you at all for leaving meetings. Matt & I both worked at the same grocery store for a short period of time after we graduated college. I was substituting and working at the grocery store at night, and he worked there just long enough for us to meet and chat a few times. He got his engineering job after a few weeks. Fast forward 3 years to when we ran into each other out of town at a Taco Bell. I was leaving as he was coming in. The rest is history. We've been together for nearly 20 years - married for 18.5 of those years.

Dee*Jay - You wear me out! I had a working lunch with our former director and current deputy director earlier in the week. The former director is retired, a cancer survivor (she went through chemo treatments the year before she retired and worked the whole time ), and has a busier schedule than anybody I know - other than you! She's an attorney in a small town so she still has her hands in lots of things, plus she's president of her town's garden club, sits on several Boards, is an administrative judge for some state agencies, etc. The list goes on and on. I always wonder what fuels people like you and Anne, because I need some of it! I bet you're having fun with the real estate gig. Matt and I are still trying to decide whether or not to get movers. We had decided to, and then some of his coworkers persuaded him not to. I think we should because I figure those guys will have "something came up" moments the week we move. You had some great first dates. Winners!

Hi Skippy! I hope all is well with you!

Good night all. I have some reading to catch up on and then off to bed. Have a wonderful Friday!!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Deegee! I can imagine how busy you are these days with packing and getting ready to move. Definitely hire movers! Yes, it's expensive and it is possible to do it yourself, but it's so nice not to have to lug heavy furniture and boxes around and figure out how to pack a truck just right. It's funny, when my friends and I were starting out on our own, moving around a bit, we'd all help each other move. At some point over the years, we've all stopped volunteering to help. It's much easier and worth the $, I think, to have someone else do the heavy lifting.

Plans for the weekend? We're going to our other condo and looking at the damage to the floors. I think I'm taking my mom out to lunch for an early Mother's Day after that. Other than that, I/we don't have anything else going on besides doing laundry and cleaning, the usual weekend chores.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Zoe, if you mom writes that book I would like a first edition signed copy please! God knows there are a thousand grown up things every day I need advice on… Yes, the insurance company should be able to talk though the numbers with you so you can decide if you should make a claim or not.

Deegee, whoever those coworkers are who persuaded Matt not to get movers, just go smack them in the head right now!!! Seriously, whatever you pay for movers is money well spent. And I don’t mean two men and a truck, I mean professional licensed bonded insurance movers. God forbid anything happens in the course of your move… but if it does…

So I woke up at 5:30 this morning… kept thinking I would fall back asleep… and finally gave up and got up at 7ish. I should have just gotten up at 5:30! Anyway, I went to the gym, but not with quite the level of *zeal* I did yesterday morning. Part of it is my ankle hurts today. I really do need to get it looked at, but seriously, I 99% know what the problem is. The CB said I should just order a boot and put myself in it for a month because that’s all the doctor is going to do anyway… after x-rays… waiting to get the results back… trying to convince me to go to a specialist… yadda yadda yadda! I had to admit it, but I am thinking about it!

The final lecture in this class is a mish mash of all the stuff that doesn’t fit anywhere else. My head is spinning with the jumps from one random topic to another!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.

Dee Jay, I am not surprised to hear the building has your great outdoor amenities closed for repair when it is starting to get nice. Why work on it when no one is using them? I definitely had a chuckle at your “not the way of Dee” comment. I am glad you survived your “push the limits workout”. How did the condo inspection go? Sorry to hear about your ankle. I hope it gets better or a boot can fix it up for you. That is too bad the last lecture of your class is full or random unrelated topics. That makes it hard to follow. How exciting it is the last lecture though.

Zoe, it sounds like your condo will require quite a bit of your time and money right now. Hopefully your insurance will help with repairs and maybe with time you can raise the rent on it to help met your monthly payments. That is too bad the property management company didn’t work out for you especially for what you were paying them. I agree paying money to have someone move you is worth it. Marty has helped quite a few of his friends but didn’t want to ask for their help when we moved. We have a few dings and nicks in our furniture from the movers but we got a screaming good deal on their fee. I hope your trip to inspect the damage at the condo turned out better than you expected. I am with DeeJay, if your mom writes that book I’ll want a signed copy too. I need all the help I can get. :bigsmile:

Deegee, sorry to hear you are working so hard cleaning and packing. I am sure all the hard work you are doing is burning some calories. I agree that it is a shame alcohol is so fattening but I sure can’t seem to forgo having some especially after some days at work. I can’t believe they won’t accept your digital pay stub. Will they have to you your employer to verify it? I am both excited and dreading shaking up my department. I vote for hiring movers. I think the money is well worth it.

Thursday night we went to our first homeowners association meeting. It was interesting. Mostly the retired folks were there and many came with a list of complaints. The area behind our house is no longer slated for a school so they will open it up in 2 to 3 years for more houses. Some of this area has twin homes and we are in the single home area. They said they didn’t know yet which way they would go with those lots so I may join the board to have input on that.

Last night a friend came over for a drink after work. Her boyfriend came over after we’d finished a bottle of wine and ate way too much cheese and crackers. He wanted to go to dinner so we all went out. I ate a few bites of my dinner and asked for a to go box. I did manage to split a dessert with Marty though.

I got up about 7:30 today. Marty slept until about 9. I made us some canned biscuits and made Marty some scrambled eggs with sausage crumbles. We had leftovers for lunch and supper. I worked from home for about 3 hours this morning. A friend of ours stopped by and we gave them a tour of the house. Her mom and sister are having a twin home built in our division about a block and a half away from our house. Small world.

Tomorrow Marty is playing golf. We are taking my parents to lunch for Mother’s Day. I need to do laundry and pick up a few things at the store. I'll have to do some more work but it shouldn't take me as long as today.

Take care.
Marcy

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Sunday!

Deejay, sure, I'll give you a copy of my mom's book and I'll even have her autograph it for you. :bigsmile: I hope your ankle feels better. It's probably not a bad idea to get it checked out and then you know what you're dealing with.

Marcy, I hope you had a great Mother's Day lunch with your parents. I had hoped to take my mom out to lunch today (or yesterday) but she wants me to go with her to the gym instead some time next week. Huh, okay.... Kind of an odd gift request but I'll take it. Oh, and yes, I'll give you a signed copy of my mom's book, too. :bigsmile:

We went to the condo we own yesterday and saw the damaged kitchen floor. It's not as bad as I thought but some of the laminate planks need to be replaced. I think my uncle's going to do it for us. Our tenant showed us the bathroom sink and it has a lot of cracks in it. We're not sure how that happened, but we're going to get that taken care of, too. Other than a quick trip to the grocery store after going to the condo, we haven't done much this weekend. We've been watching "Bones" and had a marathon yesterday. We're ordering in tonight and watching the hockey game.

For breakfast today I had bran flakes, blueberries, and skim Lactaid milk, all measured out. Lunch was a red and green pepper chicken sausage link (well, 2), a piece of string cheese, and 6 mini bell peppers. "Fit" popcorn for a snack, and then 2 apples with cinnamon later for a second snack. Grilled chicken sandwich with fries (shhh!) for dinner, and then a banana for dessert. I need to lay off all these carbs, even healthy ones, I think. It's soooooo hard though.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.

Zoe, that is good news the condo’s floor can be fixed with some replacement planks. Your uncle is very nice to help out with the repairs. How strange about cracks in the sink. I can’t imagine what would cause that. Hopefully you can find a good sale on a replacement. Then you won’t have to worry about your condo. How fun to take your mom to the gym; you will enjoy that.

Marty got up and left for golf long before I contemplated getting out of bed. I took my shower, had an English muffin with PB and then went to the grocery store. I worked on laundry most of the morning.

We met my parents for lunch about 2 pm. It was good. My mom was actually kind of talkative. That was nice.

After lunch we ran my leftovers home then went and wandered around a new hardware store that opened here recently. What a massive store. We were in there about 90 minutes and Marty wasn’t done but I thought he was so I got in the checkout line so he said that’s fine we can leave. I picked up a couple of organizers for our closet so I put my clothes in that when we got home.

I had a filet and baked potato for lunch and brought over ½ of it home. For supper I had cottage cheese then had some strawberries on some slow churned vanilla bean ice cream. That was absolutely delicious.

We are in the 70’s here now. What a change! Marty needs to go plug in our air conditioner. I opened several windows today and it helped cool it down in the house. I am usually cold and I had a hard time sleeping last night because it was so hot in the house.

My diamond is smudgy so I am digging out my jewel jet tonight. The only “flat” sink area is the kitchen so I’ll get a towel put down so nothing goes flying. I’ve been using it in our spare bathroom but the sinks are about an inch higher than the counter top so it doesn’t work too well in there.

Take care.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Marcy, the high 70s?!? I wore a down coat to work this morning! I’m so confused by the weather right now… I’m glad you had a good Mother’s Day with your mom and that she had a nice time.

Zoe, it’s good that the damage isn’t as extensive as you were afraid it might be and that your uncle can fix it! And how funny that your mom wants to go to the gym instead of going out to lunch.

I didn’t work out on Saturday but I did on yesterday. I finally broke down and decided to see the doc about my ankle, but the scheduler confused me mightily… He’s not seeing patients at the downtown location right now… OK, I’ll go to the suburban location… He’s not in until June… We’ll I’ve been hobbling around on this since last December, so fine… If your ankle is broken you need to get in here… Maybe he can see you on Friday… But I though he wasn’t in until June… They are going to call me back. ???

Last night I finished the coursework for my last class and then went out for a giant steak with a friend. I brought about 2/3 of my filet home, and a lot of the mushrooms, but I will still ready to explode by the time we were done. Of course the bread, soup, cottage fries, and carrot cake might have contributed to that!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! Happy Monday!

Dee Jay, congratulations on finishing your classwork for your last class. That is awesome. You are getting closer with being done and "certified" :bigsmile: How exciting for you. I am glad you went out and celebrated. You wore a down coat today? We were in the 80's today. Marty went out and plugged in our air conditioner tonight. Of course, we'll probably get more snow before June. Now if we'd only get our sod and trees we'll be set.

Marty played golf tonight so I was just finishing my supper when he came home. I guess I'll have to adjust dinner plans better now that golf season is here again.

I was mean manager Marcy at work today. I think my employees feel like I beat them today; we have a new employee starting next Monday so I wanted to go over a few things with them but I didn't write down an agenda and I just kind of snapped. Everyone has been getting quite lax at keeping their phones on vibrate and one person keeps reading or watching something on their phone and I just got sick of it so I gave them the old set an example, keep busy, blah blah blah speech. The joys and pains of being the boss.

I've got a sore spot in my back. It's been bothering me since Friday. The old tennis ball in the sock trick is helping but I am not enjoying it. I don't know if it's my pillow or my chair / setup at work. I tried new combos but no luck yet.

Well, take care. :wavey:
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results