shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We're supposed to go to Boston tonight to see The Book of Mormon but I don't know if it will still open, given what happened yesterday at the marathon. So sad.

After work yesterday I went to the dietician who was impressed with my weight loss so far over the last few months, but she did mention that it's slowed way down since I stopped exercising. Must get back to it.

Not much else new to report. Still no interviews coming up and I've been following up with positions I've seen. So far, there's not much out there in the areas I'm focusing on. I ended up stepping down from a committee I'm on because there's a lot of talk about plans for next year. As much as I want to still be a part of committee work and the goings-on at work, it's getting hard, knowing that I won't be there to see these things put in place in the fall.

Hope everyone is doing well.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! :wavey:

Zoe, I agree what happened in Boston is very sad. Yay for getting a good grade from your dietician. Sorry to hear you haven’t heard any responses on your resume. I would have quit that committee too. When is your trip?

Dee Jay, how is work and your classes going?

Deegee, how is your weather? Are you getting in any walks?

Well, we had about 6 to 8 more inches of snow. We had freezing fog and wind so I came home about 1. It wasn’t fun getting out of the neighborhood this morning and I heard drifts around town were awful. I slid quite a bit on the way home but made it okay. My boss let people go about 3 but 2 guys stayed and worked until about 4:30 to 5. We are good through next Wednesday now. I planned on staying home tomorrow but my "go to guy" when I’m gone asked for tomorrow off. I still might work from home. I am just frazzled of driving in whiteout conditions on icy roads and dodging drifts. The forecast is calling for about 6 to 8 more inches and more wind. I need to get my trashcan out tomorrow but I don’t feel that putting the trash out is that important compared to not falling on an icy driveway or tripping over some snowdrift. The guys shoveled our walk and driveway tonight about 6:30 and I thought of putting it out then but with the wind and wind gusts I hated to have it blow over. Marty posted on FB the weather was gorgeous in Brazil – I commented “Blah Blah Blah”.

Since I was home this afternoon I washed our bedding. I cranked on the fireplace tonight; it helps keep the living room toasty warm.

Take care!
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgive the fly-by kids -- just wanted to say hi and I'll make a proper post later!

:wavey:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hellllllo!!!! Happy Wednesday kids!

I am THRILLED to report the SEC is GONE from my office! I expected them to say until tomorrow, and would not have been surprised to have them in until Friday, but gone TODAY... :appl: So I am back to my usual three day a week schedule as of tomorrow!

The gym has been graced by my presence Saturday, Sunday and yesterday, and I think I'll go tomorrow and Friday (no Saturday since we're having a Chicago PS GTG) and Sunday. As for homework... ACK. I'm quite a bit behind, but I plan on fixing that ASAP. And I talked to my contact at the Board of Examiners today and she said I've already been given provisional permission to sit (which is when you are allowed to take the exam even though you have't finished all of the educational requirements yet) so I am just awaiting the formal letter so I can schedule the appointment.

Marcy, I'm sorry to hear you weather has been so terrible! We have been having a torrential downpour here for most of the day, but no snow. The weather just CONFUSES me lately. How the lady doiong who had the car accident? Is your fireplace gas or wood? I love a wood fire, but I don't love the mess!

Zoe, oh my--did you make it to the Book of Mormon the other night? What a tragedy. I just can't imagine what goesn't through someone's head like that. Are you in that area? For some reason I associated you with being farther down the east coast... ?

OK. CPA here I come!!!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello. Quickie post. I'm having a flare up and have painful sausage fingers. I haven't worn my rings in over 2 weeks, and made the mistake of forcing them on today. By 2pm I thought I was going to have to have them cut off! Food has been okay. Drinks have not been okay. I have been able to walk 2-3 miles every evening, which helps with stiffness. It's hard to get going though.

Marcy-the wine glass was perfect. I so need one of those! I hope Marty's trip is going well. Matt was out of town last week and a few days the week before, and he's hoping to stay put here for the next few weeks. Marty's bar looks really good - Matt definitely isn't that handy!! I'm glad to hear your employee is okay, but she'll probably be scared to drive for a while. I bet that was terrifying for her. I can't believe you're having so much snow. We're having unseasonably warm weather - high 80's and low 90's. It's not time for that yet.

Dee*Jay-There is a brand new convertible Porsche in my neighborhood. One day that dude is going to look out the window to admire his car in the driveway, and find me sitting in it! It sounds so awesome going down the street.

Zoe - congrats on the weight loss! That's excellent!!! I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip. I don't blame you for stepping down on a few things at work. I'm being moved from my job to work out of the office on the project for the next 5 years beginning in September, and I'm already thinking I need to start backing off of some things around the office.

Have a great day tomorrow. Is it Friday yet?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dee Jay, woo hoo the SEC is gone and you are back to your 3 day workweek. Yay for gracing the gym with your presence. I wish I lived near Chicago so I could come to the GTG. Post lots of pictures! It sounds fun. How exciting to take your exam soon. :appl: The end is in sight! Your rain is probably from our first storm that moved out of here Monday and the one moving out tonight will probably bring you some more. I saw the sun a little while ago and I was so excited. Our fireplace is gas; I agree the wooden fireplaces are nice but messy.

Deegee, I am so sorry to hear you are having a painful flare up. Ouch! Feel better soon. That is great you’ve been getting in your evening walk especially if it helps relieve some stiffness. I think that wine glass is perfect. I have avoided wine so far this week but it’s been tempting. Marty said his trip was exhausting but worth it; that was what I got in a brief text message before his plane took off. It sounds like Matt is traveling quite a bit; I hope he gets to stay put for a while.

I talked to my employee today and she is starting to feel better. They are snowed in at their house with about 5 to 6 foot drifts since they live about 25 miles out of town. I was glad to hear she is doing better.

I got up and got ready to go to work but had trouble getting in to the street. Heading south looked impossible so I tried heading north. I got to the end of my street and saw a big truck get stuck on the road I was going to turn on so I decided to just come home. I worked from home today. Amazingly I had my stuff done (including helping out my employees at work) by early afternoon. Shows you how much email and phone calls interrupt me at the office. My “new office” was pretty nice. The chair was more comfortable, I was able to listen to whatever I wanted on TV, I had a window to look out (and see lots of white) and the break room had all sorts of things I like.

Sadly I haven’t seen any plows or cars going down my street to break down the drifts. The mailman got stuck but got out in his little jeep. The contractors working around here stayed home today and I was counting on them to break down those drifts. I may take the day off tomorrow. I will see. I like to hoard my days off.

I decided to make a small batch of chocolate chip cookies this afternoon and messed them up. I’ve been buying those ½ sticks of butter lately and a single batch of cookies takes 1 stick of butter – well that is what I used one ½ stick of butter. They turned out a little dry and taste different but not bad. I will take them to work and they’ll be gone.

Marty flies in to DIA in the morning. Denver is getting snow tonight so I hope his flight isn’t delayed or cancelled.

Take care.
Marcy

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Real quick...

Hi Marcy! Snow in mid-April...yikes!

Dee*Jay, we live about an hour or so from Boston. We lived in NC for a year from 2009-2010. Maybe that's what you're thinking of. Yes, the play went on and it felt very strange going to a show (a pretty raunchy one at that, at times) the night after. After it ended and the audience gave a standing O, the lead thanked everyone for coming out that night. He didn't mention the marathon specifically but I'm assuming that's what was on his mind. The actors don't usually address the audience, you know?

So guess who has an interview after we get back from vacation? ME! It's for a position that's a younger grade than I teach, and I'm kind of nervous about it. It's not in an area where we had planned on looking, so I'll have to do a lot of thinking if it goes well. Do I take it (if offered, of course) because it's something or do I wait and see what opportunities may come up afterward?

Deegee, thanks! It's Friday for me! I'm taking the day off tomorrow because we'll be traveling.

I'm running out for work so I can't catch up with everyone but I hope you're doing well.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone!

Zoe, how exciting for you to have an interview. :appl: :appl: :appl: Good luck! Mega PS dust coming your way.

I guess we had 17.5 inches of snow. The plow made one path down our street last night so I was able to get to work today.

Marty got home today. He had quite a time getting here. He sat behind an accident in Denver. Then he made it about 60 miles only to find the road closed due to an accident. He got off the highway and had lunch then headed back towards Denver to get over to a 2-lane road to get home. The road was full of drifts and ice. He saw a lot of accidents on the way home. In town it is a mess with drifts and ice; the road I came home tonight on was quite treacherous.

I left BBQ ribs cooking in the crock-pot and some potatoes ready to bake. I left Marty a note with the potatoes that said “STICK IT” (in the oven at 4 pm and bake at 350). I think I’m funny.

Have a great evening. :wavey:

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Marcy – 17.5 inches of snow! In almost May! WOW! We have had TORRENTIAL rain all day. Right downtown here it isn’t so bad, but if you get away from the immediate city at all it’s a real mess. The poor CB had to deal with his mother’s flooded basement at 4 am, only to have it re-flood as soon as he got all the water out the first time. It seems to be OK when he checked after work, but the ground around here is just so saturated that there’s nowhere else for the water to go.

Zoe – woo hoo for an interview!!! I don’t know if this happens in your field (i.e., if there is different etiquette) but since conventional wisdom is that it’s easier to find a job it you have one, is it possible to accept something when it comes along and keep looking? And you’re right, I was thinking of you more down in the Carolinas that up where you are.

Deegee, LOL on you sitting in the guy’s Porsche! In my opinion, if he’s leaves something like that just sitting around with the top down, he’s just inviting people to hop in! I don’t understand what’s going on with your work… are you moving to an assignment off-site from where you are now? For five years… ?

Well “holy my a$$ hurts Batman!” I did a weight training class this morning and I can already feel it, which means I could really be in a world of trouble tomorrow. The instructor didn’t thrill me though, so I don’t think I’ll do that one again. There is another class I used to like a lot, but I would have to modify it a bit so as not to irk my herniated disk.

Some people from my office were going out for drinks today to celebrate the SEC leaving so I walked over to the bar in the lobby of my building at 4 o’clock, and then my old boss from my last job in Chicago came and met me for another drink. I stopped at the gym on the way home and got a rotisserie chicken from their deli. They have just opened a new hot case with chickens and slabs of ribs (the ribs in the restaurant there are just excellent!) and they looked so good. It was juicy, but the skin didn’t have much going on—and the SKIN is the best part of a rotisserie chicken, in my opinion! There is at least one other flavor so maybe I’ll try that next time.

AND—drum roll please!—I got the letter granting me provisional permission to site for the CPA exam! I still need to get one more confirmation number that comes from some other part of the bureaucracy before I can register for the test, but I’m planning on taking the audit piece in May. Progress!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. Happy Weekend. :wavey:

Dee Jay, I will be anxious to hear about the Chicago PS GTG today. It looks like there was plenty of bling there. How exciting you have permission to take your test. How is CB’s mother’s basement? I know when the ground gets saturated it takes awhile to get things to dry out. We had some rain today. Snow is in the forecast again but at least it’s not the moderate to heavy accumulation this time. I am DONE with winter. DONE – do you hear my Snow gods? :bigsmile:

Marty went to the doctor yesterday. They wanted to send him for an x-ray because they wonder if he has pneumonia but he said no he’d just try pills and inhalers. He is worse than he was a few weeks ago. He is coughing and raspy and his voice is really deep. I keep asking him to say “This is CNN”. He doesn’t think I am funny.

Marty couldn’t sleep last night and so he got up about midnight. I didn’t put the fleece blanket on my side of the bed so I was chilly but too lazy to get up and go get it so I didn’t sleep well either. I am kind of falling asleep setting here.

I got called to do things for work for about 3 hours this morning and an hour tonight. My employee on call has problems dialing in from home so had to go in to work. He always asks me “do you want me to do it”. Well, yes; yes I do. That is why you are on call. I still have to check it so someone has to do it. Sigh.

Since Marty is so sick I made him some of his favorites today. I made him hash browns, eggs, sausage and toast for breakfast, homemade soup for lunch and some chocolate chip cookies. I froze most of the remaining cookies and have several servings of soup for lunch this week.

I went and got my new glasses tweaked this morning. They are a lot better but still bothering the left side of my nose. I stopped to visit my parents then came home and worked on laundry. Speaking of which my dryer is calling my name!

Laters,
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Marcy, I am SO WITH YOU on this winter though. E-FVCKING-NUFF!!! The CB's mother's basement is actually OK. It had flooded about 6 or 7 years ago and they pulled up the carpet and took out the padding at that time, and then put the carpet back down directly on the tile (no new pad) and had it cleaned and treated with some chemical and it turned out perfectly, so his mom is going to have the same cleaning/chemical thing done this time too. Any more water and I think the people of Chicago are all going to float away!

Yesterday I had so much fun at the GTG! The pizza and all the goodies at Diamond Zone came back to haunt me on the scale this morning though... UGH. I did go down to the gym, but I didn't exactly kill it. Just an easy hour of cardio (30 mins elliptical and 30 mins bike). Then the CB and I went to breakfast at a place we'd never been to before... it was just terrible. So bad, in fact, that we had to go to Oberweis for ice cream to get over the experience! :bigsmile:

Not sure what we're doing for dinner, but I can feel a little mid-Sunday-afternoon prosecco coming on... :devil:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Dee Jay, it sounds like the GTG was a blast. I should organize one in Wyoming – I would probably be by myself. Glad you could drown out the taste of a bad breakfast with some ice cream. I had some slow churned ice cream a little while ago. That is good CB’s mom’s basement is easily cleaned up after a flood. I see where a lot of areas along the Mississippi are in danger of flooding.

Marty is off to Atlanta this week. He was meeting a friend at a concert tonight in Denver so he booked a room by the airport for tonight since his flight takes off at 7:45. The roads might be bad tonight again.

Our 7th snowstorm since March 1 is expected tonight. This one is only forecast to leave behind 6 inches with blowing and drifting snow of course. Sigh. At least most of the streets are clear already.

My right eye is irritated and I don’t know why. I have put several little tubes of refresh tears in it and can’t find anything. It started while I was doing dishes and keeps having little attacks about once an hour. It is real sensitive to light. I thought it was allergies at first but since it is only one eye I don’t think so. I may have to go to the eye doctor tomorrow if it is still doing it. I look like I’ve been crying all day but just on one side. Weird.

Take care. :wavey:
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy-I was hoping Marty could cancel his trip since he is feeling so bad. Especially since he may have pneumonia. He needs rest! Is your eye better today? Do your allergies act up when you're buried under so much snow? I can't believe your weather. We had a conference call last week with a guy in Denver and he was talking about the nasty weather, and it was 87 degrees here. He'll be here on Wednesday and won't know what to think about all of this green! We have a new rule that we can't work from home anymore. People only did so when they couldn't get in because of weather or illness. They want you to take your laptop home with you and do some work if you can't get in, but you still have to use a full day of vacation or sick time if you don't make it into the office. Forget that crap. My laptop stays on my desk at work.

zoe-Congratulations on the interview! Yay! You may really like the school, grade, etc and be ready to accept it if offered. I'm kind of a chicken and would probably take it just to have a job lined up. You could still look, right?

Dee*Jay-when I took my walk last night, the convertible Porsche was sitting in the street with the top down. The guy must have had company over because his driveway was full and the Porsche was right there in the street. Eeekkk! I asked my dentist last week if I could go sit in his Aston Martin and he handed me the key fob. I told him I was going to take it for a spin, and he wished me good luck in getting it out of the parking space. He had to have a 2 hour driving lesson before driving it for the first time! Oh well, I took pictures instead. Congrats for being able to sit for your exam! That's big time!! When someone in our office gets their CPA, they get a nice salary bump. Yes, I'm being pulled out of my job and physically out of the office (against my will) to work on a project for the next 5-7 years. From what I understand, the people who work on these projects never really go back to their old jobs or anything similar. The implemented project becomes their job for the rest of their lives. Not happy. There are only 2 of us in the office with enough experience to do this, and unfortunately I have more experience than the other person. One of us has to work on the project and the other one takes over the job duties of the person working on the project. Fun times.

Well, I have exciting news! Matt and I had decided not to move unless the right house came up for sale in the location where we want to be at the right price. Guess what???? We're in contract! The people have a contract on a house contingent on them selling theirs, so the put theirs up for sale at an awesome price. I got the email the night before it went on the listing page, and told Matt that I had found our new house. They ended up getting multiple offers in less than a week, but they accepted ours because our offer wasn't contingent upon us selling our house. It has a very open layout, high ceilings, first floor master and laundry, and it needs absolutely no work before moving in. It has some shiny brass that we will replace later, but that's it. It will be a 6 minute commute for Matt and 15 minutes for me. No interstate! I'm really excited and hope everything goes smoothly with the appraisal, inspection and all of that other stuff. Keep your fingers crossed! I'll have to get the tapatalk app so I can post a few pics. We worked in our attic most of the day on Saturday - we've got a lot of junk to get rid of. We have some projects to get finished up so we can get our house up for sale soon. Yikes. 2 house payments, here we come!! Have a great evening!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Deegee -- WOOHOO!!! I am SO excited about your house!!! That's awesome! Whatever this tap-app is, yes, get it soon so we can see pics! And a short commute will make your lives soooooo much better, but I don't need to tell you that! As for the work thing... I'm still kind of baffled about how that happens. "Good morning Dee. Guess what--you get to go work somewhere else for the next 5 years. Did you see the cinnamons rolls on the counter in the coffee room; they're delicious. Well have a nice day." ??? Hopefully it will be a marvelous new assignment and you'll really love it.

Marcy -- how is your eye doing? I wonder if it could be a chemical reaction since it happened when you were washing dishes. Did you touch anything else in the kitchen or clean other stuff up before you did the dishes? Too bad that Marty has to travel when he's sick, but I love that you keep asking him to say "This is CNN" -- HA! Today it's 68 and sunny BTW, and tomorrow we may get snow flurries. I give up.

Tonight I have to talk to a client about putting their townhosue on the market, and then I need to listen to my last audit lecture for this course. Now that I'm scheduled to take the test I'm really motivated! But... I need to finish the financial course online too, and it is PURE FINANCE. Of the four parts, that is the one I am most likely to fail. I will save that exam to the end, but I still need to get through this course. Double ack.

And the food in my office is going to do me in. This morning we had warm cinnamon rolls from this place called Ann Sather for breakfast, two kinds of phenomenal (sp?) pasta for lunch, and all sorts of other sweets and things in the afternoon. There may have been fruit/vegetables/etc. in the kitchen too, but who would even look for that sort of thing in the midst of all the good stuff? I need to get my jaw wired shut... My new rule is I am not allowed to eat anything once I get home on the days when I work, so it's just prosecco for dinner for me! :bigsmile:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Deegee, how exciting about your house. :appl: :appl: :appl: It sounds perfect. You will love being so close to work especially no more interstate. You’ll be very busy for a few months. I am very happy for you guys. That is pretty crappy they expect you to work from home but you still have to take a day off. I don’t think my boss was thrilled that I did that last week but I worked enough I didn’t feel slightly guilty about it. Yes it is snowing right now. The guy from Denver will be thrilled to come visit there where it’s warm. You definitely have to set in the Porsche sometime. That would be so funny. Of course the guy that owns it may not be amused. We went to look at an Aston Martin at a car dealer and Marty’s friend asked if we could pop the hood to have a peak. The guy said “sure” and it set off the loudest alarm you can possibly imagine which bounced off the walls since we were in a sealed enclosed cement room. I swear that noise is still bouncing around in my head. It was almost painful. Every time we drive by that dealer in Denver we have a good laugh about it. Sadly my allergies don’t go away but are worse in the spring and fall. My eye feels fine today, thanks.

Dee Jay, my eye is much better today, thanks. I just wonder if I splashed something in my eye while doing the dishes. It got better as the day went on and was slightly irritated at bedtime then I woke up this morning and it felt fine. Weird. I talked to Marty on Facetime tonight and asked him what’s that news channel on channel 200? He called me a putz. Glad you are enjoying warm weather today. You know I get the storms first, then they visit you and what’s left stops by to see Deegee. I am still laughing about you running off with the rings at the GTG and saying “start the car”. You will ace your last few courses and the test. The food at your office does sound divine. I can see you getting a dog mask or something to wear to work. The PB cups in the vending machine were calling my name today but I ignored them.

Work was hectic and several last minute changes came in on my way out the door. My swing shift needs practice on doing updates so I checked things over from home. 90 minutes later after I had them redo several things I think it is correct. It is good training for them.

Food was leftovers today. A BBQ rib and baked lays for lunch and soup for supper.

My imessage on my iphone hasn’t been working since Saturday so I spent time on the phone with Verizon then Apple tonight to get that working again. I tried to update our address and they wouldn’t let me because it’s Marty account. He loves that stuff.

Well, I need to get my bling soaking and get ready for bed.

Laters,
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-you can post pics from tapatalk, right? I wanted to check before i installed it. Glad your eye is better!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, yes you can post pictures from there.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

I got my hair cut tonight. I wandered over to Kays and asked "do you have any more teddy bears" but sadly they did not. It was probably lucky for me they didn't because Marty might make bear #7 in to a golf club cover. :lol:

I looked around the mall for awhile then came home and took a shower. I went to Culver's for supper because they were donating proceeds tonight to a local school and my friend's daughter goes there. I started a batch of clothes and am already in my PJ's.

Marty is wheezing pretty bad so he said he might even go back to the doctor Friday afternoon when he gets home. I pointed out as much work as he has to do and as much traveling as he does if he doesn't get this cured he'll be dealing with it for a long time. The inhalers are hurting his chest. At least it sounds like he will get his lungs x-rayed this time.

I have a dentist appointment in the morning so I am going to sleep in a little then go to work after the dentist. Yay for 30 more minutes of sleep.

Take care :wavey:
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy- I hope Marty will get an X-ray of his lungs. I had pneumonia when I was a freshman in college, and was sent home during finals week. I had to have a release from my doctor before I was even allowed back after Christmas break to take my finals. It knocked me flat on my rear. I was on bed rest for 3 weeks. I'm sure he is absolutely worn down and needs rest. I can picture bear #7 as a golf club! That would actually be pretty funny. I'm glad you don't feel guilty for working from home last week. You definitely did the safe thing, especially considering your poor employee's accident. She could have been hurt really bad. Good luck at the dentist!

Dee*Jay - you're assuming they actually told me I was going to be on this project! I had a feeling, but since nobody was officially telling me anything I went to the deputy director last week and asked what their plans for me were. We had a long heart to heart talk, and now I have to talk to the director. I've been avoiding it because I'm a big chicken with zero confidence. So why do they have such awesome food at your workplace? Is that the norm? Good heavens! Warm cinnamon rolls AND pasta all in the same day?

Nothing much to report today. I had an egg beater sandwich for breakfast, a kashi meal for lunch, and pulled pork and green beans for dinner. I didn't eat much at all yesterday, so to make up for it Matt and I split a serving of bread pudding for dessert tonight. I haven't been able to walk the last few nights because of my stupid back. It is starting to feel better so I' hoping to walk at least a mile tomorrow. We locked in a great rate for our mortgage. The owners of the house we have a contract on have had a few more offers since they accepted ours. I'm glad we didn't procrastinate this time or we would have missed out! I'll try to remember to install tapatalk tomorrow and post a few pics. Have a great day!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Deegee, wow... that's so strange about your work thing! I hope it all pans out and you love it, but still... As for the food; yes, we have food ALL THE TIME. We are supposed to move to another floor in June (away from the main kitchen) and I CAN'T WAIT!

Marcy, LOL on the 7th teddy becoming a golf club cover! I hope Marty does get the x-ray and some meds that help him. Pneumona will really knock you for a loop, so I home that's not what it is.

Went to the gym last night after work and didn't get home until after 8. Then I finished the last hour of video lecture from my Audit class and went to bed. It was all I could do to keep my eyes open--I know some people get wired from working out and can't go to bed afterwards, but not me!

I spent an inordinate amount of time yesterday trying to think of a good vanity plate for Billy Ray since I have to go to the DMV on Friday. My new favorite is "36D CUP" but that doesn't fit with my state's letters/numbers rules. Too bad--I would SOOOOO do it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I told Marty my diamond was too heavy and fell over and bruised my finger. He suggested we get me a smaller diamond.

_5795.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.

Deegee, I made an appointment for Marty Friday afternoon. I mentioned he should probably get an X-ray too. It sounds like pneumonia was quite an ordeal for you in college. That made it tough to finish your final exams. I hope your talks with the deputy director and director clarifies your future for you. I am not good with uncertainty. All of a sudden I cannot post a response in Tapatalk. However, I was able to post my “bruise” picture using Safari on my iPad. I am anxious to see photos of your house. Yay for locking in a great rate and beating the other offers on the house.

Dee Jay, I saw your thread on vanity plates. 36D CUP is too funny. I’ve been trying to figure out what I would use for years, which is of course why I don’t have them yet. It’s rough to decide. I can imagine an hour of video of class would put me to sleep too. I didn’t sleep too well last night but don’t know why. I hope Marty doesn’t have pneumonia but I think he realizes he needs to get it addressed or he’ll be fighting it for a long time.

I slept in about 30 extra minutes. I ran to the store and picked up a few things, called my MIL to wish her Happy Birthday then went to the dentist. The lady cleaning my teeth had me laughing so much she had to keep taking the tools out of my mouth. She was on some pain meds and really chatty. She kept talking about what a baby her husband was when he is sick.

I got to work about 11 and worked on a procedure book and tested some software. Not too hard or stressful of a day for a change.

Take care. :wavey:
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy -- Did I miss this? What on earth happend to your hand?!?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, I have no idea how I bruised my hand. I bruise like a peach. A lady at work today was teasing me my diamond fell over and bruised my hand so I sent that picture to Marty.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-your poor hand! Ouch! I hate it when you end up with a giant bruise and don't remember how you got it. Was your trip to the dentist uneventful? As in, no root canals, no extractions, etc... I didn't work up the courage today to go talk to the director. Dang it! Matt keeps offering to be my agent. When I was promoted to manager 5 years ago, I went up 7 pay grades. Due to rules, my raise was capped at 3 pay grades, and I haven't had anything since. I think if I'm so darn experienced and they are depending on me for the project like they say they are, I deserve a honkin big raise! I'm glad you made Marty an appointment. When he gets home from this trip, will he stay put for a while?

Dee*Jay- you've had some good vanity plate ideas! I have serious balance issues, and my smart a** nieces and nephew have suggested BBLEWRAP or 1KLUTZ for me. Twerps. Don't get anything obnoxious. There is a guy around here who drives a convertible corvette who has ENVYME, and that just makes me want to key his car.

We had a project meeting today with our board members and we have a projected start date of mid-September. We have had a nice break from it the last few weeks, but now have a crapload of stuff to get wrapped up by May 13. We had to wait on today's meeting to go to the next stage. I had kashi crunch and yogurt for breakfast, the roast beef from an Arby's sandwich for lunch, and a salad with grilled chicken on top for dinner. I cleaned out a closet and a book case this evening. This moving thing is going to be tough. Lots to go through! Marcy & Dee*Jay, I know you feel my pain! I'll try to post a few pics. They're on my phone, so I don't know if it will work. Have a great day tomorrow!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can't reply on tapatalk, so I can't post pics from my phone. This is the only pic I have on my ipad, and it is the realty co photo. I promise I have better pics to post!

uploadfromtaptalk1366830020040.jpg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It helps to actually log in! Sorry if too many pics. Matt took 87 pictures while we were there.

uploadfromtaptalk1366858928986.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1366858968743.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1366858986829.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1366859098864.jpg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A few more. Not my stuff, of course.

uploadfromtaptalk1366859553445.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1366859584352.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1366859712733.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1366859730930.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, your new house is gorgeous. :appl: :appl: :appl: You are going to love it. Congratulations. My dentist appointment was uneventful. Even the dentist mentioned that was unusual for me lately. I felt like I got away with something when I left and didn't have to make arrangements to come back for something else. I told the dentist he just doomed me to break a tooth or something. I agree you definitely deserve a pay raise; they wouldn't be picking you for these projects if you weren't an effective employee. I had to laugh at the suggestions your nieces and nephew gave you for vanity plates. Yes, I do feel your pain for how much you have to do to move. Are you going to have someone move you? Do you have a closing date yet? I don't remember if you said.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm baaaack! :wavey:

I'm going to breakfast with friends in a bit but I wanted to check in before I begin my day.

Dee*Jay, congratulations on being able to sit in on the CPA exam! That's great news!

Deegee, I scrolled through and briefly saw pics of your new house. It's gorgeous! I need to go back and read the details. I thought you and Matt were sort of looking and then had decided to wait. A lot's happened in the past week or two!

We got back from our trip yesterday. It was fun to get away and see Philadelphia and see our friends who got married. I love my friend's new husband, and I'm so happy for them. On our way back, driving through CT, I got a call for another interview next week so now I have two set up. The first one is for a kindergarten position in a town an hour from us (not in an area I had been looking in). This school seems pretty progressive, and the principal has a few initiatives that seem really interesting. This new interview is for first grade (in a seemingly more traditional school) in the next town over from where we live, about 20 minutes away.

Okay, gotta run but I'll read what I've missed later on.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results