shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Lifestyle & Fitness for Preggos!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I am going to start reading this thread for inspiration and motivation. Up until now, I haven''t done any exercises and my eating habit is horrible.

You ladies are amazing with your workout. I need to get off my butt.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol jas well i was back up 2 lbs but it could have been all the sodium in my food last nite. i do think that bloating kind of comes and goes yanno??

aww i love her name too. i first heard it with Portia deRossi and thought it was such a beautiful girls name. everyone tried to dissaude me from naming the dog Portia but i just loved it (plus i was like we may never have kids!). the funny thing is that MOST people don''t realize it''s a real girls name and they think we named her after the car (Porsche). i don''t bother to correct them usually (it''s mostly men who go ''thats my favorite car too!'')...hehe.

the funniest pronounciation of her name comes from one of the gals at her groomers who calls her pour-teeuh. it always cracks me up.

i went for a 15 min walk today with my coworker and am meeting my mom at 5:30 to walk tonite. yay!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Mara~SO exciting about the turkey trot!! Hope your "training" is going well!!

Jas12~I am so sorry you got the 7 week MS!
39.gif
Sounds weird, but mrss'' suggestion to try Coke for my MS did seem to help. Worth a shot if you feel desperate?!?! The good news is that right around 12 weeks mine was gone (unlike with T when I had it until 17 weeks!). Hopefully yours will be short lived!!!

QT~Welcome! It''s hard to be motivated to work out with a toddler and a job. I find myself exhausted by the end of the day. I''m lucky I have volleyball built into my schedule right now but not sure what I''ll do when the season ends in November. Good luck!!

Puffy~I know you''re on vacation but I just needed to say how much I hate you for only gaining 12 lbs by 29 weeks!! I was up 12 at 21 weeks!
16.gif

Hope everyone is doing well. The weather has been terrible around here so I haven''t been able to take T on walks or take her outside to play. Lots of rain makes me want to sleep all day!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol Burk...the training is going ok. it''s so ironic really!! walking a mile really takes it out of me now!

i second/third the suggestion of Coke or a caffeinated drink like that for MS. it really helped me in the worst days..something about the caffeine and carbonation and i think the sugar as well, plus they say Coke calms the stomach if it''s upset in general. and in terms of caffeine a can of coke is only like 80mg so its not that bad.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
jas12 YIKES about the m/s. seems to me that i have gained SO much more than 12 lbs!! i look big!

burk you are so tiny, you don''t have to worry about the weight. how is volleyball going?

mara haha, funny you say that i should not cut back on the sweets. i have been way over indulging myself lately!!

just got back from 6 days at disneyland and ca adventure with DH and DS...it was a blast. obviously didn''t work out, but did walk around a ton at disneyland so that should count for something. but i had ice cream everyday and all kinds of sweets. next doc appt on wednesday, i probably have gained about 10 lbs just from the trip. i''m going to continue with the workout routine starting tomorrow.

hope all the preggos are doing well!!!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Mara~It is funny how things change when you''re preggo. I get winded walking the 4 flights of stairs it takes to get to my classroom now which pisses me off!
16.gif

puffy~Thanks, you know how it is, though, hard when you feel like you''re getting huge! he he. I really am not concerned about weight...healthy baby is the main goal. I can worry about losing weight when he gets here. Volleyball is going well. We''re in the final weeks of our season. I am still playing, although sometimes more graceful than others!
3.gif
Glad your trip went well!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
burk glad that volleyball is still going well for you. a healthy baby is definitely all that is important!!! i''m measuring right on track so that''s good to hear. hope you are doing well and T too!

happy halloween!! going to take B trick or treating and he knows he is not getting any of the candy which means that i will be eating it all. haha. i''ll try to control myself. been doing a ton of walking and cardio at the gym. and i still feel kinda ok about it, so i''ll just play it by ear how long i can go 6 days a week.

hope all the other healthy preggos are taking care and have a wonderful halloween!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congats Mara! So exciting and I get the body concerns when you are pregnant there is certainly a lack of control over what is to come.

I have three boys and I gained 75 pounds each time. I am almost 5 foot 6 and my typical weight was 125 pounds. I can only tell you that each time I lost 80 pounds within the first 4-6 months and was more fit and in better shape. I DO work out a lot, pilates, strength training, cardio...and I got a trainer to really help me target things...I also eat well when not pregnant and like you know what to eat and how to eat to be able to look okay. Bottom line, even after my third son, born when I was 36, I was able to get in shape and stay in shape...I still wear a size 27 jean and flucutate between a size 2 and 4 depending on designer, and while I work out a lot, I also am able to eat, have dessert, have a glass of wine...

As for structural body changes, hips sometimes change, and feet grow...I was a size 7 before getting pregnant and now after three kids I wear a 9!!!!! OMG that was awful...so many nice shoes I could not fit in afterwards!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol DF, well my hips definitely grew almost IMMEDIATELY, i was like hello baby not coming out of them for another 9 months. it was pretty sad. but i have heard from a few moms that their hips went back almost smaller afterwards. it did not happen that way for my MOM but back when she had the kids she also wasn't working out at all even afterwards. so i am hoping when i get back into my exercise routine that i will be able to shrink them back up. but we'll see. i am mentally prepared for some disappointment on the body front since most Moms say that things shift and change and it won't be the same body. that is ok in general... i just want to get most of my body back!! i def will never take a flattish stomach for granted again.

burk..you did fabulously with the VB so long...you really put me to shame!
puffy, you too, jeez 6 days! you go girl. no wonder you have only gained like 12 lbs. hahah.

i am still walking intermittently but UGH it just is sooo not comfy for me. i am trying to get motivated to go down to the work gym and do the elliptical for like 10 min every few days just to get something going...but so far haven't done it. also i never had it before, but now i have restless leg syndrome, i know it's because of the pregnancy but i am sure that the inactivity doesn't help either...my body is just used to something else.

but even though i am not very active, i have only gained 2 lbs in the last 4 weeks. i am still up 26 lbs so definitely no shortage of weight gain in general, and am at 28 weeks. but if i can keep it to around 35 total i would be ecstatic. my belly and fundus are measuring right on track so doctor has no issues with gain or no gain at this point so that's good too. i am eating what i want for the most part but making sure MOST of it is healthy...it's just that i can't eat big portions so i think regardless of what i eat, it is parsed out through the day so it is burning off more quickly i guess.
2.gif

hope the other fit preggos are doing a better job at being FIT than me hehe.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Whoa, you ladies are so inspiring.
6.gif
So strong!

Aside from very gentle (and probably ineffective) strolling on the treadmill, I find I am either too tired or too scared to go running and bouncing around again. I need to, though! Just scared the bean will "unstick" and that keeps me from doing anything really active. Irrational, I know.

Maybe I will start swimming every day. We have a pool in our building and no one ever uses it...kind of weirded me out to swim there with no one else but a lifeguard staring at me. But... I must...be...fit...during this pregnancy! You strong mamas are my inspiration! Perhaps I'll start tomorrow!

YEEEEEHAWWWWWW!
36.gif

Do kegels count as exercise? LOL.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 7:32:19 PM
Author: Bliss
Whoa, you ladies are so inspiring.
6.gif
So strong!

Aside from very gentle (and probably ineffective) strolling on the treadmill, I find I am either too tired or too scared to go running and bouncing around again. I need to, though! Just scared the bean will 'unstick' and that keeps me from doing anything really active. Irrational, I know.

Maybe I will start swimming every day. We have a pool in our building and no one ever uses it...kind of weirded me out to swim there with no one else but a lifeguard staring at me. But... I must...be...fit...during this pregnancy! You strong mamas are my inspiration! Perhaps I'll start tomorrow!

YEEEEEHAWWWWWW!
36.gif

Oh my gosh Bliss, you totally crack me up!!!! lol lol lol
9.gif

yay for all you healthy preggos!!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Skippy!

It's KEGEL TIME!!!! JUST FOR YOU!
Sit down and give me 2 sets of 5 quick reps!

Let's goooooooooo!!! Haven't got all daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!

LOLOLOL

31.gif

Watch me end up at the end of my pregnancy all flabby....UNTIL the doctor whips off my gown and sees my TOTALLY RIPPED PELVIC FLOOR MUSCLES. They'll have a six pack of their own! All the nurses will be soooo impressed!

I should start teaching a kegel aerobics class at my gym. "ONE! TWO! SQUEEZE, LADIES!!!! ALL RIGHT...RELEAAASE! Now BREATHE! Let's GO! TIGHTEN! TIGHTEN! WOOT WOOT!" And in the background my soundtrack will be Kegel Time, a special remix to MC Hammer's HAMMER TIME.
36.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 7:32:19 PM
Author: Bliss
YEEEEEHAWWWWWW!
36.gif

LOL.....you are too cute!

Anyway, just popping in to say that you preggos are doing so good w/ your exercises.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
lili, you actually inspire me!!!!

I am excited to report that I found an awesome prenatal yoga class a few steps from my home! I''ll let you all know how it goes and if it''s different from a regular yoga class. I''m scared I won''t be able to keep up because it''s been so long since I''ve practiced yoga. We''ll see!!!

In the meantime... KEGEL TIME!
36.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Hi preggies
35.gif

MS is still kicking my butt
15.gif
. It''s not as bad, but still not great. I''ll have a day when i think it''s letting up, followed by a day of trying to avoid running to the toilet.

still making it to the gym 5-6 days a week, but i am forcing myself to do it and really, i''d rather sleep. Oh to have a nap.
When i was pregnant with my son i used to look at my other pregnant friends who had kids and wonder how they did it with a toddler at home. Now that i am in that situation, i think heck they really did feel as shitty as i imagined
3.gif
. Moms, tell me it gets better...

Mara--never heard of hips going smaller, but there is a good chance your body will go back to it''s pre-pregnancy state. It took awhile, but i did get my flat tummy and abs back. I know Burk and Puffy did too. So whie I think it is part genetics, i really do think being active helps a great deal.

Bliss--did you go swimming? And thanks for the kegel reminder--*squeeze squeeze*

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Hey ladies!! Long time....which means I''ve really not been being a very good active preggo lately!
39.gif
My MS has come back in the evenings (can I just say WTH....I''m 27 weeks for heaven''s sakes!!!) and DH has been out of town which makes it hard with having to find someone to watch T.

Bliss~Good to see you!!

Mara~Jas12 is right...you can get your body back. Part is genetics for sure, but part hard work. I had my pre-preggo body back, did not have bigger hips and even had my stomach back to "normal" prior to this pregnancy.

Jas12~So sorry you''re still feeling crappy. It does get better. There were some days this summer when my MS was so yucky and I was so tired it was all I could do to just make T lunch! You''re almost into the second tri and I bet your MS goes away and you start to get at least some energy back!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
woo hoo see there is hope ladies hehee.
5.gif

i am just hoping my hips go back to what they were BEFORE. they spread at week 8, i kid you ladies not. i was so depressed like HELLO body, kid isnt coming out for 9 months. what are you doing??

i have had a few ladies tell me their hips were smaller than before but i'll just hold that one out as a pipe dream lol.

also a few 'fit' friend moms have told me that breastfeeding really burned a ton for them and that helped them get back to pre-preg weight fairly quickly.

my PLAN (loosely speaking here) is to hopefully start just walking with the kid once a day... depending on how i feel, or strapping him into the bjorn and trotting around the block hahaha. but who knows if all will go well with labor, that is just an assumption.

jas hope you feel better soon...the MS was sooo tough to weather. i just kept thinking 'finite period of time'... even though it felt majorly infinite!! hang in there.

bliss, yay for prenatal. i am lagging but i plan to take it at kaiser, my hospital...they offer it. i figure i should get cracking right? maybe they can show me how to do kegels
3.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I''ve heard it both ways regarding BFing and losing the weight: some women it really helps, others hold onto the last few lbs until they''re done. I was only able to BF Tayva for 6 weeks and was back into my pre-preggo clothes by then....I didn''t get my body completely *back* to where it was per-preggo until about 6-7 months. Hard to tell if BFing helped or not?

As for your plan, Mara, I think it''s great! That''s exactly what I did when I had T. Unfortunately I had her in January and it''s cold here so I just stuck her in the bjorn and we went for walks on my treadmill every day during my soap opera!
3.gif
She feel asleep and I got some walking in!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Ditto to what Burk said about nursing. Seems like most of my friends lost weight quickly with BFing, but i know a few that held onto it. I was kinda hoping that i would drop a few more lbs once i weaned, but the opposite happened. Problem for me was that i ate a lot while nursing and working out so i had a high calorie intake. I weaned slowly from when Co was a year old to when he was 16 mos and yet my diet didn''t change. For this kid, i''ll know to wean myself off of big meals, while i wean him/her
3.gif

Like Burk, it was about 7 mos (or maybe 9, i can''t remember now) before i felt i looked pretty well pre-preggo. However, i worked for it. I was back to pump and step classes about a week and a half after delivery and not b/c i was totally obsessed with losing the weight, but more b/c it has been such a part of my daily routine for a good 15 years now & i did it up till the end of the pregnancy so i just wanted one hour a day to get out of the house and clear my mind (it was literally the only time i left the house on some days). For this kid, i know i''ll be busier and have 2 to run after so i bet i''ll be just doing stuff like going to the park etc. I am so happy to be having a june baby b/c i am so far north in canada that even my son''s birth in april was snowy and it was just too cold to go out for long walks!

Mara--i think my hips spread at 8 weeks too! weird huh. I''ll take some spreadage from you. I don''t have hips (boyish figure --meh) so i welcome a bit of permanent spreading
2.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
OH. MY. GAWD.

I leave for a year...(lol) and lo and behold Miss Mara is PREGGERS! The last time we spoke was at the restaurant in your hometown (great night btw...fun to hang out with you! ) and you said you just didn''t know if you ever wanted kids. :) I remember thinking to myself, I bet she does--but not for a little while. I was like you at the same point in my life and then BAM had two. :) Its fun to be unencumbered and married. I''m so glad you were able to enjoy that. Now on to the next phase!

Sooo sorry I fell off the planet, my kids just kept me really busy. No time for the PC and I started teaching your fave class (Zumba) and have just been obsessed. Looooooove teaching it!

Anyhoo...besides wanting to catch up and hear all about what you got going on, I need some help. I am going to be replacing my stone. Will put a thread in Rocky Talky.

Blech.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
hey ladies...just checking in to see how all the fit preggos are doing.

hope everyone is good and everything is wonderful.

i started cutting down to 5 days a week this week, and will probably continue working out 5 days a week until the end of this pregnancy. it is getting so hard to just get simple basic stuff done. well, 5 more weeks of this and i''ll be wishing i was preggo again. haha.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
diver...HAHA i know how things change right?? well it was a surprise for us too, we figured we''d be trying a lot longer than ummm one day. surprise...i''m fertile. i''ll def check out your thread and hopefully catch up a bit there!

puffy, GIRL you are working out 5 days a week, GOD i really am a blob!!! i can manage like a 20 min walk 4 days a week and that''s it. forget the turkey trot...hahaa. i will be doing like an eating trot or something instead.
3.gif

i''ve gained 29 lbs in 30 weeks, not bad i guess and everyone keeps saying how great i look for being preggo, but i miss my old body..darnit! hehe. in a few weeks i''ll be posting for the POST PREGGO workout lol.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Diver--wow, long time no see. But you have 2 good excuses!

Puffy--i think it''s great if you can get in 5 days a week at this point. I looked back at my journal from last pregnancy (glad i kept it, i love reading it over for comparison) and around 34 weeks i dropped to 3-4 classes a week withwalking on the off days. I forgot i did that. However, i don''t think iam going to be as committed as you this time around. It is so much more exhausting when you have to work and out and then come home to a toddler--so you rock momma!! Send me over some of that energy.

Mara--a pound a week sounds just right to me. Take those compliments and *believe them* everyone is their own worst critic so i bet you look as good as everyone says you do
1.gif

I barely worked out last week. I had something going on almost every night after work, got a nasty cold and then went away on the weekend to visit my sister. So I bet step class is going the whoop my a** tonight
14.gif

My sister is getting married on Aug. 7th and i am due June 12th (ish). If I go over again, which according to my middie is a good possibility, i''ll have b/w 5 and 7 weeks to get into a dress! Oy.
15.gif

So my silly little sister took me to BCBG yesterday to try on some of her top dress pics b/c i told her my 11 week bloat and boobs (That finally just got bigger this week!) were comparable to how i felt and looked at Co''s welcome shower when i was 6 weeks postpartum.
It was a bad idea tho, and way too risky. I''ve decided i am going to have to buy a dress a few days before the event, grab a good pair of spanks and hope for the best
32.gif

Mara, i''ll be joining you on that postpartum workout thread ASAP!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Mara: Hee hee...

Well, I gained 34 lbs with Jake, lost the first 20 in 2 or 3 months, held on the last 14 permanently.

With D I gained 24 lbs and lost it all in the first month after having her.

Still have about 12lbs left to lose. Let''s just say I weight the exact same as when you saw me last. Um yeah.

But I take 100% responsibility for that. I eat too much, drink too much wine, and don''t work out enough to burn off my calories. I work out...3 or 4 times a week, but I know its not enough. I''d have to cut my calories to make it work, and I''ve been too lazy.

I think I''ve just gotten used to it, and a size 8 is "normal" but I don''t feel sassy and strong hotty pants if you know what I mean. I miss sassy and strong hotty pants. I just need to commit to taking care of bizniss. I did put my hat in the ring at work to pick up a few more Zumba classes a week. That will force me to be at the gym. I just get so tired! I did run my first 10k last month! It was easy peasy. I need to do more long runs too. Its food & wine that trips me up. I''m a damn foodie. I''m just trying to eat smaller portions & add more clean veggies.

You my dear will be fine. You are so health focused. I am willing to bet the weight will just poof off of ya!

So who else from my PS mommy group with babes D''s age is preggy again?

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Diver--i''ll be SO happy if i loose the weight in the first month PP this time around. But i am not going to hold my breath. It seems like many moms gain less with the second kid (possibly b/c they are too busy to eat and nap like the first pregnancy?) . In any case, i hope it''s true of me. I was up a whopping 12 lbs by the end of my first tri with Cohen, but i am only up 2 lbs so far & nearing the end of the first tri this pregnancy (however, i started out heavier too), so i guess only time will tell.

We just got zumba in our little city. i am excited to try it. Everyone seems to love it. Is it an intense workout ?

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hiya! I just posted on the Newly Preggo thread that I''m just shy of 10 weeks.

I had to hop on over here because I so want to stay on track during my pregancy and will need guidance and inspiration to do so. Burk, Puffy, Mara & Jas- you gals ROCK! Diver- yahoo for running a 10k- that''s great!

I''ve always struggled with my weight, but finally got serious about losing it a year ago. I joined a daily bootcamp program and lost 25 lbs. Although I''m not able to do most of the more strenuous moves, I''m still plugging away at it (just not every day). This last session of the year got cut to 3 days, which has been a Godsend!

Today was an off day, but some of the gals met up and we did a nice 3 mile hike. It felt great to get out and be active.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2009 12:44:02 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
Hiya! I just posted on the Newly Preggo thread that I''m just shy of 10 weeks.

I had to hop on over here because I so want to stay on track during my pregancy and will need guidance and inspiration to do so. Burk, Puffy, Mara & Jas- you gals ROCK! Diver- yahoo for running a 10k- that''s great!

I''ve always struggled with my weight, but finally got serious about losing it a year ago. I joined a daily bootcamp program and lost 25 lbs. Although I''m not able to do most of the more strenuous moves, I''m still plugging away at it (just not every day). This last session of the year got cut to 3 days, which has been a Godsend!

Today was an off day, but some of the gals met up and we did a nice 3 mile hike. It felt great to get out and be active.
HUGE CONGRATS Charger!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Charger!!

Jas12~I''ve gained less this pregnancy...although my last appt I gained 8 lbs in 3 weeks so I am not holding my breath I''ll stay this way!
40.gif
I think it has to do with the added energy it takes with a toddler around? Also wanted to add compared to step, I didn''t really think Zumba was a great workout....I know I''m in the minority but it just didn''t do it for me. I know you also like step so not sure how you''ll feel about it. Let me know. Maybe I need to give it another try.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Puffy~You are doing amazing! I''m no where near 5 days a week....don''t have the time or energy for that. Way to go!!

Mara~Hard not to mourn the old body while preggo, even though you know you''re preggo....you''ll get your body back post baby. I fully expect a after baby workout/healthy eating thread so I can have you guys help pull me along!!!

Like I said to Jas in my previous post I gained 8 lbs inbetween my last two appts!!!
6.gif
I''m now up 25 lbs at 28 weeks. Not back. Less than I was with T so I''m happy with that. My pre-preggo pants still fit in my butt so I am at peace with my 8 lbs!
3.gif
It''s cold here so I''ve started walking on the treadmill. So boring....

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
THANKS, Skippy & Burk!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results