shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Lifestyle & Fitness for Preggos!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
PG, no worries, you will lose the weight. The first time I gained 55 lbs
6.gif
! I did lose it, but it took a while. That was the first time in my life I really had to worry about my weight and I actually thought it would just fall off without trying...haha, the joke was on me. So after about 6 months with not very much lost, I actually started watching what I ate and exercised more. And that 55 plus 15 came off. It did take about a year though. You are teeny tiny, so I''m sure you will have no problems losing the weight.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
phoenix, that is great that you are still so active!! i was pretty active with my first as well, until about 37 weeks, then i just didn''t have it in me anymore. all i wanted to do was SLEEP! i know the weight is yours to lose, but i am sure you will lose it.

it''s been a good weekend. hung out with DH and DS. took DS to a festival, and i ate a ton including lots of sweets. it was so good. but now i really should calm down and slow down with the sweets.

was in vegas last week and ate a ton as well, but walked a lot also, so i''m hoping the weight gain isn''t going to be too much at the next doc appt. i have given up on weighing myself at home cause i usually feel pretty bad after i weigh myself, and i am convinced my scale is wrong. but i try not to worry about it too much.

hope everyone is taking care!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi ladies..! we''re home...whew. it was a very long trip for me, i was tired a lot but we enjoyed it overall. i am so happy to be home though!!

the funny thing was that i didn''t love spain food at all-- things that i might have liked such as the cheeses and hams i wasn''t really able to eat... so i mostly ate a lot of potatoes, olives, bread, and fish. not super exciting. so in spain i think i lost weight! we were walking about 2-3 miles a day.. .i felt so bad for Greg that he was saddled with me because i am just not as springy and chipper as i used to be. and there were a lot of hikes that i would have loved to have done originally but obviously not with my balance all outta wack and me breathing like a train after climbing about 30 steps. so he went off and did some stuff on his own which worked out really well but it would have been an AMAZING trip if i was in my regular shape. oh well! it is what it is. we are still really happy we did it, we have some great memories and now the kidlet is a world traveler!

thanks to the workouts we did daily with all the walking, even though i ate a bunch of pastries practically every day... (i made up for spain in portugal), i only gained 2 lbs in the 2 weeks we were gone. so i am up a total of about 10 lbs since the beginning, which i am very happy about... i am eating almost every 2 hours. since returning i have really tried to clean up the diet a bit and eat a lot more fruits and have more calcium (1% chocolate milk is my new thing), yogurt with granola, soups for lunch, etc. i can still eat frequently but i am trying to be better about the mindframe of just eating whatever. that was fine when i was nauseated half the time because most things sounded gross, but now that i am better, i don''t really have an ''excuse'' anymore!

on the plus side i finally look preggo as opposed to just like i gained 10 lbs. so i am very happy and proud about that belly now hahaha. on the negative side, my boobs are itching like crazy, it''s ridiculous. and i have an itchy scalp which is so bizarre...its'' just along the hairline near the neck.

seems like all you lovely gals are doing fabulously... yay! oh and since we are back and i liked walking so much in europe, i am really going to be trying to do more walking here at home, even if it''s just downstairs in our work gym. if i could do 2 miles a day there i can do it here. also i went to zumba on sat and i just cannot get the same energy worked up and my body does not MOVE the same either. so i might start tabling that and just doing the walking. most important for me is just staying in some ''semblance'' of shape and not letting my body go to jello ... even if it''s not the impact i am used to.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
welcome back mara!!! only 2 lbs while on vacay is nothing, so good work!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, Mara....welcome back! While you were gone, we found out we''re having another boy so it will be fun comparing notes as our boys get bigger! Yea for only 2 pounds while you were gone, I''m sure the walking helped. And only 10 lbs so far is great. I am up a total of 15, not terribly bad for halfway, I suppose.

I''ve only made it to the gym once so far this week and that was on Monday to do a few miles on the treadmill. The last 2 days, though I have been getting my fill of exercise here at the house moving rooms and organizing to start to get the nursery ready. I''ve been working non-stop and as soon as we buy another bookshelf for our office, everything will be moved out of Andrew''s playroom and we can start painting and putting things together.

I''ve been trying to eat really healthy, but nothing seems to keep the heartburn away at night. I have been up the last few nights with it. I hate to take medicine, but I think I will have to start taking Tums to keep that at bay.

Hope everyone is doing well!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Mara, welcome back! It sounds like you kept in great shape on the trip . . . I think most people would gain two pounds on vacation even when they''re not pregnant! Too bad about Zumba, but you''ve got to go with what feels ok.

Steph, all that physical labor can be even more intense than a workout. I''m glad things are coming along with the nursery etc.

Yesterday I was really scared that going back to work meant I couldn''t work out based on how ick I/my feet felt at the end of the day, so I''m glad today went much better. I wore Crocs and sat a lot more. Today I got in a Firm workout (but my belly is starting to rub my thigh when I do the step . . . it never occurred to me that would happen!) and then DH and I cooked dinner. Well, we''re almost done, but my feet did start hurting at the end. I even had energy to run out to the grocery store for some ingredients forgotten due to pregnancy brain (they were right there on the grocery list
33.gif
). I know some days I''ll feel exhausted and just need to rest, but I''m glad to know I''ll might have more energetic days like today too.

OK, dinner time (Cincinnati turkey chili with corn muffins from the latest edition of Cooking Light . . . I just subscribed).

Burk

Ideal_Rock
phoenix~Volleyball probably does seem like a lot, but it's just normal to me. I played up to 30 weeks (competitively) when I was pregnant with T-obviously with some restrictions such as rolling. I really don't worry about being hit since I've been around it my whole life (my mom was a vb coach as well) my instincts and reflexes are pretty good. So glad you had a good day today. I taught until 38 weeks with T and my feet and back hurt a lot too. You don't realize how much time you spend on your feet as a teacher until your pregnant!
41.gif
Hope your classes are going well!

puffy~Welcome back! We took T to the fair this weekend and I ate a ton too....who can resist funnel cakes?
9.gif
Hope all is well with you and B!

Mara~Welcome back! Sounds like you did awesome on your trip! Two pounds is great! So nice to finally look pregnant, too. I HATE the "did she just eat too many cupcakes?" phase! Unfortunately I'm still in it.
40.gif

steph~Sounds like you have gotten plenty of physical activity with all the room moving!! I've had heartburn lately, too. Yuck!!

As for me, I'm 17.5 weeks. I still feel like I don't really look preggo yet. I've gained 6 lbs so far. I finally broke out some maternity clothes today-I'm ready to wear them and actually look pregnant!! I've been playing volleyball pretty much every day and also done some walking. I've also been eating pretty good (minus the fries I indulged in on Saturday and my funnel cake on Sunday). My biggest vice is soda, but I try to limit is to 1 to 2 a day, which from what I've read and my OB says is fine.

We have purchased a lot and had plans drawn up for a new house but are waiting for our house to sell before we break ground. We had a super interested couple look on Monday, so please pray for us that they make an offer so we can get going on our new house!!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Puffy, sounds like some fun trips and yummy food!

PG, turkey chili sounds great! I need to renew my CL subscription, I LOVED it when I had it. I usually go online to get all their recipes, but I like having the magazine b/c I'm very visual when it comes to cooking and like to see pictures!

Burk, I know what you mean about wanting to look pregnant. I took Andrew to eat today and this other mother overheard me talking to him and told me I don't look pregnant and I must have just found out. I said nope, I'm almost 20 weeks....it's annoying, I feel like I'm gaining everywhere but my stomach...I just wish it was obvious! Sending good housing vibes your way!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
phoenix glad you had a better day today. your dinner sounds YUMMY!!

burk mmmm, i LOVE funnel cake!!! and i did have some this weekend. haha. i am almost 25 weeks, and i definitely look preggo. i think i really started to look preggo around 18 weeks. the only place i can tell i am gaining is in the belly. i have my maternity pants out and have bought more maternity pants, but since most of my jeans were low rise, i''m still in my regular jeans. but there is no mistake about it, i am preggo!!!

steph you totally do not look preggo at all!!! you are so tiny. you must be exhausted with all the moving from room to room.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
steph~It is annoying not looking pregnant, but also not looking like "me." Ya know? I have a belly, but not enough for anyone who didn''t know me to think it was anything other than cookies and cupcakes.
21.gif
Thanks for the house vibes...we need them!!

puffy~Yummy funnel cake. I am 18 weeks Sunday and really don''t look preggo to anyone who doesn''t know me. I have a belly but it''s just little. I haven''t wore any maternity clothes yet. I never did wear maternity jeans with T...probably won''t with this one either. All my low-rise jeans sit below my belly or I just wear my bella band if they get close to annoying my belly. I big puffy heart the bella band!! I started to wear it with all my dress pants this week since they aren''t low rise and were starting to get uncomfortable when I sat down. I wore almost all my pre-preggo dress pants through my entire pregnancy with T.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ooof, tired these days . . .

We''ll see if I can convince myself/DH to go for a walk later. I am definitely slowing down.

I got new running shoes this week; I was wary to do it since my feet might swell and my foot size even change, but my old shoes were hurting and I knew I''d never be active for the next 6 weeks if I didn''t have comfortable shoes. The good news is that I got a good deal on a pair of Asics Gel Cumulus -- $70 including shipping through Amazon because I bought the previous version, not the latest. I''d have to pay $100 for the latest edition, so I''m excited. I''m never going to pay $100 or more for a new pair again!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
DH and I walked 2.4 miles last night, just at a leisurely pace. We went through the shopping/dining district and took in the sights of people out enjoying their Friday night. By the end, my feet and back really hurt. DH wanted to sit on the porch and be social when we got home but I just wasn''t comfortable enough to do anything but curl up on the couch with my feet up.

This morning I did a Firm workout. It''s a good thing I am so stubborn because it is getting harder and harder to be motivated. I didn''t feel like working out, but once I started, I felt fine. I reduced the intensity by using the 8 inch step instead of the 14 inch step on one of the two step exercises since it also involved using 5 lb. weights and doing bicep curls, and I don''t feel as safe hauling myself up on the step and doing something else at the same time these days. But I stuck with the tall step for the other segment and just didn''t use weights.

I really need to try my prenatal yoga video again since my biggest complaint is soreness/tightness.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh funnel cake sounds good. my appetite is mostly back thankfully (and booooooo hehee) but i am still not that into steak and beef. which is funny cuz i typically love it.

i have nothing to report re fitness...
7.gif
i keep wanting to walk but i am either tired or busy or whatever. thankfully the weight is fine, but i really SHOULD be more active. who wants to be a blob?? i am not used to it but it''s so hard to get the energy up sometimes. i hate not feeling like myself in general. my friends keep telling me i seem so ''mellow'' which is really not ME but i am like well maybe this is how i will be SANS energy for the next 2 years! haha.

i got my flu shot on friday and on sat i felt like CRAP. i had a mini fever and slept for 2 hours during the day, my arm was achy too. but today i feel better thank god, i was a little worried...but i think i am past it.

we had our 20 week appt on friday and i asked the dr if i was measuring ok because people keep telling me i look so small (belly) and she said yep i am on track which is good. she said at 20 weeks i should be about 18-19cm (belly) and then from that point on like 24 weeks should be 24 cm, 28 weeks 28 cm etc. she said 20 weeks is like the only one where the cm is not the same as the # of weeks. interesting tidbit i thought!

pg good for you on staying so active, i am really jealous. send me some exercise vibes PLEASE.
hope evreyone else is more active than me, booo!!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
phoenix~Yay for a good deal on shoes! I have Asics and LOVE them! And good for you for staying active. It''s so hard to be motivated some times and you''re doing great!!

Mara~If I didn''t have volleyball practice every day I am almost certain I''d have a hard time motivating myself to workout. I''m still super tired....as in going to bed before 10 most nights.
16.gif
Glad (and not surprised)your doc said everything is fine about the size of your belly. I was in the same boat with my first-I am 5''10 so I have a lot of places for weight and baby to go so for my first pregnancy I really didn''t "show" for a long time and everyone kept telling me I was too small. If it isn''t one thing, it''s another to worry about, isn''t it!?!?

This weekend was super relaxing. I gave my vb team the weekend off so I had no exercise, really, just laundry and house cleaning and a couple walks with T. Back to volleyball practice tomorrow.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the encouragement, all. I do think I'm going to be doing less and less from now on. (I wish there were some other 3rd trimester ladies on here to make me feel better about how rapidly my energy and mobility seem to be dissipating). It was really humid this weekend, so that probably had something to do with it, but every time DH and I went for an "exercise" walk, I felt like I was crawling along at a snail's pace, and then my feet and back hurt and we had to hobble home. My goal is to do a workout tomorrow or Wednesday, which means I'm only doing weight-training 2 or maybe 3 times a week, with the slow shuffling around the neighborhood in between, and about two or three days off completely each week. Sigh.

I absolutely know this is normal and to be expected, but it's just a little hard when you have trained yourself never to break your exercise routine. Since I started working out 2.5 years ago, I have had periods of having to cut back for a week or two with an illness or when my dad died, but I have never ever just stopped. But what is the alternative, that I force my body to do things it doesn't want to do? I don't want to go the next 5.5 weeks with hardly any exercise, only to have another 6 where I can't do anything after that, but perhaps this is a reality I just need to accept.

And my baby seems huge now (should be about 5 pounds give or take), but she still will gain another 2.5 pounds or so. I can't imagine how much heavier my uterus is going to feel and how much farther my belly will stick out in a few weeks!

The good news is that I can totally understand how women go from "oh crap I can't believe I'm going to be a mother; I'm not ready!" to "please let me have this baby already!" So perhaps the way we feel as we approach the finish line is an evolutionary insurance policy to make sure we welcome birth when it comes!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
just really quick...why do i feel like i have gained about 20 lbs in the past 4 weeks despite working out 6 days a week? i have got to lay off the sweets!!

mara you are tiny!! but i was also like that with my first. no one could tell i was preggo until about 25 weeks or so. and with this one, at 25 weeks, i am definitely preggo.

burk keeping up with T is what most people call a workout in itself!! add volleyball on top of that, good work mama!!

PG take it easy if you can. you''ll have time after the baby gets here to get back into the groove with walks and such. you''ve done such a great job keeping active.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
phoenix~You are doing great and don''t feel discouraged if you have days when you just can''t do something active. The end of pregnancy is tiring. I didn''t work out from about 36 weeks or so on because I just felt horrible when I tried and was so tired all the time. I did, however, start walking again at about 3 weeks postpartum. Ask your doctor, but since I was so active pre-preggo and during my pregnancy mine had no problems with some SLOW walking before 6 weeks. Since it was winter I just stuck T in the sling and we walked on the treadmill in our basement during my soap opera every day for an hour.
9.gif

puffy~Good for you for continuing to work out 6 times a week. I know you haven''t gained 20 lbs but I bet the baby is just getting bigger and it feels like it. I remember that with T. I do consider T a workout so I rarely feel bad if I miss an actual trip to the gym.
11.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
pg you are third tri, give your body a break...hehee. honestly some days i am just appalled at what a slug i have turned into. but then i remind myself that my body is working extremely hard at what it is doing. you are almost at the end and your baby is growing so quickly now to get ready for birth. give your body a little break if it wants it...you will totally pick back up after birth where you were before... i know you will, you have the same mentality i do. i am picturing strapping the kid on and running around the block a week after birth hahaha. maybe that isnt realistic (umm i know it''s not) but it helps me mentally anyway!

as people remind me, i am not getting chubby... i am pregnant. and while i really wish i could keep doing what i could before, i can''t...so i figure i have to just accept it. i know it''s hard for us control freaks who are so used to dealing with our bodies the way WE want to.

i was 2 lbs up on the scale today but i know it was all the SALT i ate yesterday, both lunch and dinner were too salty, i was thirsty all night. so hopefully tomorrow it will be more normal. i am up about 12 lbs now total and now that my appetite is back, i am hungry all the time and everything sounds good. so i really do need to be careful to make sure i am not overeating and eating MORE of the right things than the wrong. it''s hard though, so tempting!

puffy, thanks you are sweet...hahaha. i don''t feel small but since i am tall i think that my weight disperses better and my belly doesn''t seem as big. i guess it''s lucky. a bunch of people at work still don''t know i am preggo which i think is funny. and good for you on continuing to work out like crazy. do it while you can!

burk good for you on the volleyball! i wish i had a ''scheduled'' item...but actually i tried zumba a week ago and it didn''t feel that great to be bouncing up and down.

so i am so happy to have news to report haha. i actually walked 1.80 miles yesterday. it felt like it took me FOREVER on the treadmill, it was sooo boring, i am used to run/walk combos or something more exciting, but i did it. and my uterus and lower ab area was sore all night. how quickly we fall out of practice! but i am going to stick with it and do it 3-4x a week so at least i am doing something rather than nothing.

keep up the great work ladies!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
burk how is volleyball going? i would much rather chase after B than go to the gym. he is more of a workout. haha. but he loves going to the gym. he will ask me if we are going to the gym in the mornings and when i tell him not today, he looks pretty sad. and it''s a good way for me to get some cardio in.

mara you can''t possibly be up 12 lbs! where are you hiding the weight? haha, i''m wondering when i''m going to run out of steam and not be able to work out as much. some mornings it is tough, but my little guy insists on going so we go. i think it is important to be eating more of the right things as well, but it is so hard sometimes! i was at stanford mall today and walked by sprinkles and i don''t even like sprinkles but just the thought of a cuppie...YUMMY!! good job on the treadmill!! keep it up!

have my 25 week appt tomorrow. just hoping that i haven''t gained more than 5 lbs from 5 weeks ago...as of my last appt 5 weeks ago, i was up 4.5 lbs, so if i gained 5 or so, i would be perfectly happy. but we will see.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies. You are absolutely right about taking it easy when necessary.

The interesting thing is that I am finding working out less taxing than walking, which leads to achy feet/swelling. Last night we walked a mile to dinner and a mile back. It was ok, but my feet weren''t too happy at the end, and I actually brought a pillow from our porch loveseat with us because I knew our friend wanted to sit outside on these uncomfortable chairs. I find it easy to violate social conventions while sporting a big baby bump!

Today I stretched several times, including once at work, and stayed off my feet some, but I could do better. Kids kept raising their hands asking for help with their thesis statements, and I kept walking around and straining to see their computer screens. I think from now on I''ll sit at a table and ask them to come to me. I did sit at a table to lecture, which felt like lame-o bad teaching, but they''re AP students, they should be able to still pay attention even if I''m not dancing around in front of them.

The stretching really helped, so I felt up to a workout tonight. I think 2x a week is not too shabby at 35 weeks, so now I can just worry about doing another one this weekend when I have time to rest too. And I felt fine doing the workout, better than I feel most of the rest of the time. Funny, right?

I can''t believe how little everyone has gained (I mean that in a good way since I know you all are being very healthy with eating enough and listening to your bodies!). I know I can''t help the fact that my body has wanted to gain more than a pound a week, but boy it would be nice if it had been otherwise!

I have passed cooking off on the DH. On days when I feel bad, I just want to rest on the couch when I get home. On days when I feel ok, I want to get in a workout, put away/clean all the stuff that''s piled up while I wasn''t feeling good, and maybe even get in a little grading. I just can''t worry about dinner too. DH is fine with this as long as I do the grocery shopping and tell him what he has to make. So he''s chopping away in the kitchen now.

Good luck at your appointment tomorrow, Puffy!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
had my 25 week appt yesterday and all is looking good. i have put on a total of 8 lbs thus far, but believe me i feel big! my belly is measuring right on time, so that was nice to hear even though it feels like i am really big.

took the day off today from the gym to take B for a nice long walk.

pg that''s great that your hubby is being supportive with helping out!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
mara~It''s a good thing I have volleyball or I''m not sure how often I''d actually make it to the gym. I like playing volleyball and it really doesn''t feel like a workout to me... plus, it''s my job.
21.gif
Yay for a good walk! I get bored walking on a treadmill, too. I usually walk at home where I have my TV shows DVRed, though.
3.gif

puffy~Volleyball is going well. THanks for asking. Keeping me busy and active, so that''s all good. That''s great that B likes to go to the gym. He must have fun in the daycare there. Hope your 25 wk appt went well!

phoenix~I think 2x a week is a great goal. You DH sounds like a keeper taking care of cooking! During my last few weeks when I was preggo with T I would consider it a workout if I had to climb the stairs a lot at school and if I was up walking around a decent bit.
9.gif
I teach middle school, so I really don''t have the luxury of sitting down much. Which can be good and bad.
5.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Puffy, we must have been posting at the same time! Sounds like everything went well at your appt! Yay for barely any weight gain! Your MIL is clearly crazy telling you you''re big!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
pg.. i know it's easy for me to say (now!)...but you should def not worry about the weight gain. in your photos you don't look like you are carrying that much extra weight, its all in belly!

speaking of weight gain and perception, it's hilarious how preggo brain just messes with you. when i was at this event the last few days everyone kept saying so many positive things about how i look. but to me the least thing i feel is that way. and yes puffy 12 lbs! as of a few days ago, i haven't weighed myself since then, yikes!

i didn't get much exercise in the last few days, but i did a lot of 'work'... so i feel practically like i did work out. my body def is not the same as it used to be, i am so much more hindered.

omg puffy, did you really only gain 8 lbs the whole 25 weeks?!?!?! that is so small!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, girls. Sorry I have been pretty slack on this thread, but it is because I felt like I didn''t have much to report. I only made it to the gym once this week and walked the dog in the neighborhood a few days too. I have been trying to make good food choices. Today I took Andrew to Chick-fil-A (yummy) and had the grilled chicken salad instead of a sandwich and fries. But I am craving pizza tonight, so I think that''s what we are having. I am going to make a big salad to eat before though so I only have a slice or 2. I go back to the doc on Tues. I really feel like I am growing quickly now. According to my scale, I have gained 15 pounds since the beginning and I am 21 weeks. I am only going until week 38 before they do a c-section, so I''m hoping to keep my weight gain to between 25-30, so I think that is about right. Hope everyone is doing well!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
steph you are doing great at 15 lbs in my opinion, plus you were tiny before as well! thankfully my scale is bouncing between 12 and 14 lbs but it goes back to 12 most days, i think the extra 2 has to do with water and salt... it seems like every few nights we''ll have something really salty that bumps me up like crazy.

i def have ''popped'' now and it''s easier to see i am preggo which is kind of fun at least...BUT on the other hand yest i was at a dinner party with some friends and they were like ''you can''t even tell you are preggo''... so who knows. i feel like i popped. hahha. and my belly button is starting to open. very interesting! does anyone else poke their belly because it''s so hard? i just marvel at it.

i haven''t done anything that could constitute activity in a few days... i thought about zumba this morning because i really miss it but i know my body won''t move the same way and it would just depress me HAHAA. imagine trying to do intricate dance moves with a belly in the way. not so much!! plus hips just aren''t shakin'' like they used to either. and it will be about 95 today so my chance for a walk is mostly passed. but we''ll be doing some home org stuff today so i know that will take energy from me and then we have my sis''s dinner for her 19th birthday tonite (i feel old!) in SF so that will be taxing as well. so it''s prob ok that i am not working out... i tend to get paranoid about my energy levels tanking late in the day if i have something to do.

hope everyone is enjoying a fun wkd!!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
steph you have such a tiny belly!! my belly is WAY bigger than yours. hope you have a good appt on tuesday. you''re doing great with the weight!

mara i gave up on zumba a few weeks ago. just couldn''t keep up at all. i knew what i was doing, but my body was moving so slow, it was just embarrassing. it''s going to be super hot here as well for the next few days, so hopefully i''ll make it to the gym cause i know if i don''t, there is no way i am going for a walk in the heat. and yes it has only been 8 lbs, but if you saw my belly, you would think i gained a lot more than that.

burk hope you are doing well with volleyball!!

pg hope you are taking it easy!

have a great weekend everyone!!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad we''ve all been taking it down a notch recently. We have to listen to our bodies!

I got in my semiweekly workout today. I was hit with an urge to nap when I went down to the basement and lay on the couch for half an hour, then revived and got in the workout. Yesterday DH and I took a leisurely walk through the neighborhood, probably 2 miles or so. It''s funny; I used to consider walks like that just part of daily life, not "exercise." "Exercise" was a 4 mile run, not a walk to the store. But now I''m just glad that I''m still able to walk a few miles! And I''ve discovered it''s better to wear flip flops than my new sneakers because my feet will swell by the end. They even swelled at the end of my workout today.

I still seem OK re the swine flu. Fingers crossed!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Yea, I finally feel like I have something to report....yesterday I did a yoga tape and today I made it to the gym for 30 minutes on the treadmill. I feel so much better being active rather than just sitting around, but I have to remember to listen to my body and give it a rest when it needs it. I did feel a little jealous of the little granny running beside me on the treadmill this morning....can''t wait to get back out there and really work out again! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
steph good for you!!! i really have to start to learn to listen to my body when it needs a break. i know i overdo it a lot and i tell myself to slow it down, but it almost never happens. but now that i am getting bigger, 26 weeks now, my body is wanting me to take it easier.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results