shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 8th June till 14th June

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Quick post as it''s nearly midnight here! Did a workout and then did an hour of step and an hour of aerobics. Was so tired afterwards! Wedding planning still going well-can''t believe we''re so so close! Meeting our photographer tomorrow for some engagement photos so going to go to sleep now and try and get some beauty sleep! Talk to you all tomorrow.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Another fly-by.

I just had to share....I''m going to have another niece or nephew in the new year!!

So, in celebration mode, I ate crap food and didn''t do any workout (except walk to and from a parade, which I guess counts a bit...)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone!

35.gif
I got on the road by 7:30 for my car appointment.Yep, I needed both front and back brakes.Rats there went a nice chunk of change.My mom and I had breakfast then headed to Joann’s Fabrics.I was very tempted to buy a skirt and shirt pattern and get some fabric but I realized I was very delusional in thinking I had time to sew this summer.It was a nice thought anyway.

After the fabric store we went to a couple of jewelry stores.I wanted to look at WG pearl rings but found a YG peridot I loved.Of course today all my money went to the car dealer so I didn’t buy anything just added something else to my wish list.It was a 4 stone band semi bezel set with some of the nicest peridot I’ve ever seen.

We got home about 2.Marty was struggling to stay awake.The poor guy only slept about 2 hours last night.We went out and had a drink and split some appetizers for lunch / supper.He took some Simply Sleep and was in bed by 8 so I hope he sleeps well tonight.

Arjunajane, I am glad to hear you feel you did well on your exam.We didn’t get any rain yet today either.I am hopeful we’ll have some nicer weather too.I eat dry roasted almonds they aren’t too bad for you.

Skippy, your evening in a warm pool and gazing at the stars sounds divine.Yay for having a nice long walk today.Have fun at the wedding you Skinny Mini.I am sure you’ll look great in your new smaller clothes.I love to see rainbows.Every time it rains as soon as the soon comes out I am out looking for one.

Bee, this last week will just fly by and then you’ll be a beautiful bride.

Somethingshiny, congratulations on the new family member next year.

Take care.

Marcy

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks marcy! Glad to hear that Marty''s home-albeit not sleeping well!

I''m up early to go to the gym. It''s weird as I find myself waking up at 7.30 every morning now even when I only went to bed at 2am. Roll on the last few days! I''m going to do a step class and then do a work out and some weights today. Then we''re meeting our photographer at the castle to do some engagement photos. Fun day!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Sorry for being MIA this week--just sheer craziness! I actually even didn''t work out on Wednesday (I know, can you believe DEE took a day off?!?) but have been hard at it ever other day. Will be better about posting next week.

Have a good rest of the weekend everyone!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! Hope all of you had a great weekend. I ran in the 5k on Saturday morning - I finished in 34:45. Definitely not my best time, but I gave it what I had that day. It was actually a fun race, pretty small, but well organized and the event organizers were very friendly and helpful.

I was tired on Saturday b/c on Friday I spent 4 hours gardening in the front of our house. We have these gigantic 20 year old bushes that have been shaped over the years into giant boxes. I trimmed down our azaleas until they were just sticks as I read online they will grow back. Then I also have the opportunity to shape them properly or if they don''t grow back we can easily dig them out now :). The bush on the other side I trimmed it back as far as I could, but it''s definitely a work in progress. Anyway, my back is aching, my arms hurt and I still feel overall tired from it! So I am definitely counting that as a workout for this week :).

Next week I want to get on a regular running schedule again and get back to losing weight! Have a great Sunday!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Afternoon!!! The wedding was wonderful and beautiful location; they had a nice bar and the food was good and my nephew had me dancing all night long under the stars
9.gif
I am a tiny bit hungover, oh well; it was a fabulous time!!! I did have a slice of cake and it was wonderful; I think the last time I had cake was Months ago!!!

Today my sister and her hubby and nephew called me to go see the movie UP! It was soooooooooo good! I loved it
1.gif
It was so heart warming.

I have a lot of reading to catch up
3.gif
on and this evening my friend and I will be walking 4 or 4.5 miles. HAPPY SUNDAY!!!

SS ~ that is Wonderful news; congratulations auntie! Yay for the walk; I bet it was a fun time! Good to see you!

MARCY ~ bummer on needing brakes for both the front and back. Poor Marty; I hope he slept well. I got to see some stars last night too at the wedding! hehe I love rainbows too! Thanks; I am so happy to have smaller clothes or wear clothes I have not worn in forever! I hope it warms up out there! and thank you from one skinny mini to another skinny mini! hehe

BEE ~ you are super woman with your workouts and just days before your wedding!!!! Oh your engagement pics sound so romantic; I bet they will be gorgeous!!!

DEE ~ I was missing you; good to see you and woo for the workouts!

DANIELLE ~ awesome girl for your race and giving it your all; you are so inspiring to me!!!!
36.gif
Sounds like you got some great yard work in and a fab workout in itself!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone!

35.gif
The weekends are much too short.Poor Marty is still pretty tired.He isn’t anxious to head off to Arizona first thing in the morning.

I went shopping with my Mom today, make breakfast and lunch, brewed up frosting and made assorted colors for cake class this week and just graded about 15 papers.

We finally made it over 24 hours without rain.My pansies are blooming everything else looks like they will die.We’ll see what some heat and sun will do for them.

Bee, the pictures will be beautiful with such a lovely background.You had a short night’s sleep but I am sure you are going on sheer excitement and anticipation this week.

DeeJay, I must say it is so undeelike to skip a day of workout.I hope this week isn’t as crazy for you.

Danielle, congratulations for completing your race.I agree yard work counts as a workout.

Skippy, I am glad you had a marvelous time at the wedding.I have heard good things about the movie “Up.”All right for getting in some star gazing twice this week.We’ve been mostly cloudy hear I am happy to see the Sun.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
My dinner :) Sweet and Sour chicken Lean Cuisine
18.gif

Sorry about the bad quality, I took the picture on my blackberry...

sweetandsour.jpg

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......Sorry for being MIA for the past couple days. I just vegged my way through Saturday during the day. Did some shopping, had my car washed, lounged around with Sakai on my shoulder. Saturday night, we went with a friend Charlie work''s with to a new Ehthiopian restaurant that recently opened. Either I don''t care for Ethiopian food, or this just wasn''t good good, but to me it wasn''t good at all. And eating everything with my fingers, not so much fun. I did try an Ethiopian beer which was at least decent. Today was a routine Sunday. Breakfast on the terrace, lunch at Panera, followed by coffee under the oak. Then the gym for a nice long workout. I still can''t do legs or cardio, but my leg is marginally better. It still hurts, but less pain is a good thing. We had some steamed shrimp and baked chicken for dinner. I did a dumb thing. I was making some homemade cocktail sauce and wasn''t wearing any shoes and I dropped the horseradish bottle on my foot. I think I may have broken a toe. It''s really sore and has turned all black and blue. There''s no reason to go to the doctor as there really wouldn''t be anything they could do for it, but it is pretty darn painful. Since it''s my left foot and my right leg is the one with Sciatica, I''m walking like an old man.......Tomorrow''s Monday and we''re having our usual Monday night sushi.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and the upcoming week is good.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lauren, I like quick and easy suppers.

I did 3 rounds of dishes today. We had cinnamon toast, bacon and eggs for breakfast (of course I had one egg and one piece of bacon) and assorted fresh fruit. For lunch we had tossed salad with lots of assorted veggies, whole wheat pasta, garlic bread and Marty had pesto sauce and I had regular spaghetti sauce. For supper we had cheese and crackers.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I hate to hear you might have broken your toe. I hope it''s only a bad bruise but it sounds painful. I am glad your leg is feeling a little better.

I walked on the treadmill tonight. With the weather clearing up my knees are finally feeling better again. Yippee!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Had a great end to the week, got off my butt on sunday and did 20mins of cardio than Pump class - oh lordy, that class was Hard! But in a good way - I've got to start making sure I go to that once a week. I looked it up and apparently you burn up to 600 cals per class..it certainly felt like I did, lol!

My Spark aim is 990 cals burned per week - this week I did ~1400
36.gif

I plan to have my measurements retaken (properly) this week and see how I've gone so far
1.gif

Hope everyone else is doin well!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results