shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 8th June till 14th June

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, you are always busy so you deserve a day off. Arranging vacation plans for the family takes a lot of time getting everything right. It does sound fun. There was no way I was turning down a homemade cinnamon roll.
11.gif
How cool to turn in the forms tomorrow for the 5K. How exciting.

Marty just called. He''ll be getting on the plane in a little over 24 hours. Yippee. Then about a day later he''ll be heading home.
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry for another quick fly-by! I''m up to my eyes trying to get the last minute things done for the wedding. This morning I''m going to a step aerobics class and then do a small workout. I''m collecting my dress at lunch time! Woohoo!! I''m working this evening and then some friends are throwing me a small party so I doubt I''ll get on later today but I''ll try! Have a good day everyone!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning; it is pouring rain here so I will workout instead this evening!! I have a bunch of errands to run today; hope everyone is having a healthy and great day!!!!
35.gif

MARCY ~ yay for your hubby coming home soon! my hubby goes out of town next week.

BEE ~ yay for step aerobics. Have a good day and fun evening, yay!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
tacori, rock on! I love it when tight clothes are now loose!!! and I love that you can measure the results! I''m glad your old teacher is back whipping you into shape!

canuk- your workout sounds like a blast!

marcy- the sugar sounds good! I think a little sugar roll til your sugar roll comes home sounds good to me! Thanks for your well wishes! clicking the heels for marty!

lliang_chi- dusting you! and I can''t wait to get the up to date floor wiping report!

Skippy- yay for the 5K! I love races, they are so much fun, and really helped me to change my outlook over the years, from extremely... INSANE? and competitive... to a more laidback approach of enjoyment. Your eats sound yummers! I know what you are talking about! Sometimes you just need it on paper to be official. But I saw the pics in hangout, and hello, you look ABFAB HONEY!

bee* - enjoy the wedding time with your friends and family, and making the plans! Plus again girl, you got my applause for your workout dedication!

Everyone
35.gif
I hope your Weds is a magic mountain... and not a hump day!

Last night the shrimp tacos were good. Today I''m not sure what I''ll be eating... we''re thawing out chicken, so we may have chicken on a bed of greens and other veggies for dinner. R Leg is still tender to the touch but still no signs of swelling or bruising. Currently just feels like a sore muscle... but continueing to RICEM it. I think it is improving and right now don''t see any reason I won''t be able to run in the 5k this weekend...so that makes me happy!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Just another fly-by....zoooom.....
1.gif

I haven''t had any workout today, and I''ll go easy tomorrow. I gave platelets today so I''m not supposed to do anything strenuous (I told DH that includes making supper!
3.gif
)

My wrist feels great even after all the yoga and hiking lately, seems my optimism helped a lot!!

I made up some frozen fruit cups that have been awesome for my late night sweet tooth. It''s just crushed pineapple, strawberries, bananas and some fruit cocktail thrown together and frozen. I''m using it for an ice cream substitute! It''s really easy and good.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Went to pilates today. Planning on going to Zumba tomorrow. That''s all for me!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.........By the time I got home from the gym last night and had something to eat, I had to spend the rest of the evening negotiating a placement with a candidate. He accepted......which is good, but I was just too hyped up to sleep. I never got to unwind at all, so I was really dragging at work today. Charlie fixed a nice dinner tonight, then we went to the Sbucks closer to our condo for coffee. I had my chiropractor appointment right after work. He showed me some new stretches I can do. They hurt to do them, but did provide some relief from the endless pain I''ve been in. I''ll do them as often as I can if they''ll help this blasted pain go away.

Tomorrow wil be a typical "uber" Thursday, with the gym right after work.

I''m sorry for flying by, but I have some work to day and it''s already after 10. There just aren''t enough hours in the day anymore.

lliang, I''m so happy to hear your interview went well. I am returning the favor and sending you turck loads of PS dust!!

Hey to you all!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from a 4 mile walk with my cousin!
9.gif
She called me up to go walking so I couldn't turn her down; it was fun to chit chat and catch up!!! I bought some strawberries, chicken breast, shrimp, and salad fixins, and some tea. We ate chicken, pinto beans and a salad for dinner and I ate a banana and now going to chop up some strawberries.

I did turn in my money for the run so there is not turning back now!!! hehehe!!! Hope everyone has a wonderful evening
35.gif

TLH ~ I am a little nervous about the race and hope I am not in last place. hehe Aw, thank you for your sweet words; you are such a doll and beautiful lady!!! Oh yum to shrimp tacos; I just bought some shrimp today too! glad you are taking care of the leg so you can run; sending running dust your way for this weekend.

SS ~ I am so glad your wrist is better, yay!!! YUM to fresh fruit; it is so yummy and good for you! Nice substitute!!!

TAC woo for Zumba tomorrow and pilates today.

ROD ~ dear heart I am sorry you didn't sleep well; hope you sleep better tonight. glad your candidate accepted, yay! hugs for the hurting. Have a great workout tomorrow

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marty just called and he is in his seat on the plane.
1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
sorry for another flyby post! D and I are going to Belfast today to collect his wedding ring and get some other last minute things! One more week to go until the wedding. I have a day off the gym today so I''d say my legs will be glad of the rest. The girls in work had a party for me last night-they had champagne and chocolate cake and lots of other things. I only had a small piece of the cake-was so proud of myself as it was delicious! Well talk to you all later!

Marcy-that''s great that marty is nearly home! yay!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
a drop in from me -
full circuit at gym today including 35mins cardio..
I hate to say so, but I''m finding myself getting bored of my program already! I know I shouldn''t change it yet,
but I have started adding in some extra/different things of my own like squats with the medicine ball and interval training for the cardio. I haven''t actually done the program as it was assigned since my second visit, lol..
I''ve been doing that 8 second/ 12 second interval thing on the bike, does anyone know about that?

Come on 6 weeks so I can change it up, lol!

Would''ve loved to ride my bike outside but pouring rain last 2 days
7.gif

Just got a new really specky light for the bike though so I can ride at night now - yay!

Thankyou those that gave advice on the scales etc, I will fill ya''s in if I do buy some
5.gif

First exam at uni tomorrow - wish me luck!
40.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
shiny- I''m glad you are eating healthy, and doing what you can while you heal up. Remember It is 80% diet and 20% exercise. (Which makes sense if you think of how long you spend actually exercising in comparison to the rest of the hours in the day... just an example, a 30 minute workout is only 2% of your day...)

tacori- I love that you are so versatile in your workouts w/ pilates and zumba! I told my DH that I found a zumba class I want to try out, and he started mimicing my sweet dance moves. Let me tell you, they are SWEET (I''m joking. I do this twist thing like a little kid trying to dance over and over). So I''m hoping if I do go to a class sometime soon, I''ll learn some new moves to impress the hubs.

Rod- glad you are finding a new stretch and finding some relief.

skippy- loved that you enjoyed the walk w/ your cousin! I''m super impressed about the 5k money, signed sealed and delivered! YOU ROCK! Don''t worry about being first or last. I was watching this news episode the other day about a gentleman w/ arm braces and severe CP that did a marathon in 2 days. He finished. And anytime you finish a race, no matter what place you come in, or what time you post, it is a victory. I wish you the best!

Marcy- Your eats sound yum, and healthy! Don''t beat yourself up about a muffin. I want to read more about your cake deco class... YUM! I''d post some of my lovely cake artwork, but you''d think a 6 yr old did it.
15.gif
DUST **** to marty''s safe travels, and I''m excited... he''s almost home to you!!!

bee*- 1 more week!!!! I''m excited that you are getting everything together, and your wedding will be FABU! I hope you are having fun! Enjoy your workout you svelt sexy lady!

Everyone
35.gif
I hope you have a Triumphant Thursday!

Last night was really sweet. DH took me to dinner since we "met" 4 years ago yesterday. It is said we met many times before then, but neither of us remember... until the magic June 10th.
9.gif
So I had salmon tacos, and didn''t eat the shells or the side dishes so I could have a celebatory mango-rita. YUM! Also on a good note, I''m back down to pre-vegas weight 3 days in a row... even after the salty chips. So I''m stoked! WHOOP WHOOP! I don''t care what Prefontaine says... it IS good to stop to pat yourself on the back now and again. The leg feels good. I went for a ginger run this AM - and it felt nice to be out on the road. I took things nice and slow, and enjoyed everything about the morning. The crisp cool air, the nice breeze, the smell of horses
14.gif
... Sometimes I don''t want to get out of bed, as I am lingering on the memory of a sweetly fading dream. This morning was tough... but I hopped out of bed, I laced up my shoes, and I headed out the door. No matter what I do while I''m out on my run... I always stop to take the time to recognize the hurdle.. not of putting the shoes on... but of getting out that door. That is the hardest part of any journey.

"Friendship is a single soul dwelling in two bodies." - Aristotle

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I slept okay but was pretty restless.I went for comfort clothes and food today.I wore a hoodie sweatshirt we bought from our trip in Glacier last summer and had lean cuisine mac and cheese for lunch.I had fresh fruit and cheerios for breakfast and a mini bagel with a little cream cheese for break.

Our pants weather continues.Rained like crazy again today with small hail.

I stopped by the grocery store on the way home tonight to pick up something to make for supper.I was just taking care of things and Marty pulled up in the driveway.We had supper, I saw all his pictures and he crashed.He’s been up over 24 hours.

Bee, your wedding day will be here before you know it.Your party sounds like a great time.That is nice of them to help you celebrate.

Arjunajane, that is great you got a lite for your bike so you can ride it at night.Sorry to hear you are getting bored with your routine already, good plan to add some of your own twists to change it out a bit.Good luck on your first exam.

Tlh, sounds like our cake decorating is about the same level.Mine definitely looks like a child did it.I have fun anyway.I took course one in February and course two in March.I missed 2 of the March sessions because of blizzards so I am taking course two again.How sweet of your husband to take you out to celebrate meeting 4 years ago.WHOOP, WHOOP is right!Congratulations on being back to your pre trip weight.You should always pat yourself on the back.Glad your leg is doing better.

Laters,

35.gif

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......It was a long day at work.....and very frustrating as well. They''re just putting so much pressure on us and I just don''t appreciate being micro-managed. There, I said it and I feel better. Thank you!! I didn''t get to the gym till 7 PM, so I didn''t get home till close to 9:30. Since I can''t do the elliptical because of my leg, my upper body is going to be in really fantastic shape, that''s for sure. Dinner was a salad and a protein shake. Tomorrow''s Friday!! I''m ready for this week to end. We''re going for Sushi after work tomorrow night.

I do apologize for the quick fly by, but I was a the office for almost 11 hours, then the gym and I''m just beat.

Marcy, I''m sure you can''t wait for Marty to get home!! Plus, I''m sure you''re looking forward to something special from Hong Kong to be in his pocket!!

I''ll try to check in tomorrow night after dinner.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jogged 3.5 miles and walked 1 mi to cool down.
3.gif
3.gif
I had a busy busy week so I thought a Jog this evening would be a nice which it was; all my thoughts melted away, ahhhhh! hehe
I ate healthy today spinach salad, chicken and some fruit for dinner! I will go to muscle hour/core revolution tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a fabulous Thursday friends
1.gif

MARCY, you are such a sweetie pie; thank you for your sweet compliment. I love apples, and raw veggies yum. Yay for Marty coming home; I bet you can wait to see him!!! so happy for you!!!!

BEE ~ yay for getting your soon to be hubby's ring; how super duper exciting!!!

AJ ~ great job on the workout!!! good luck!

TLH ~ I have a question; when you run in the races how do you not pay attention to the people running around you (tune them out) so you don't pay attention to their pace and keep with your pace? tia! Thanks, you are very inspiring!!!! Happy 4 year anni of meeting your hubby; awww, that is so sweet! lol about the smell of the horses; glad your ankle is better, that is very good news!

ROD ~ sorry it was long and frustrating; I am so sorry about the pressure, that is awful!! Yay for tomorrow being Friday, huge hugs! Yum to sushi!

KIMI, DEEJAY, BABYSTEPS, APPLE and LISA and others, I miss you ladies
35.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Really sorry for another quick fly by-my mam is coming down to my house and we''re going to do some last minute shopping! We collected D''s wedding ring which is gorgeous! My sister came down with presents for us last night and she got me a beautiful Tiffany necklace. It''s a silver heart and it''s gorgeous! Will try and get to the gym later on this evening! Hope you are all keeping well! Better fly and get changed! talk to you all later.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock

I am sneaking in! I have only done one workout - 30 day shred and I did it yesterday. I went 6 whole days without working out. I am not happy about it, but at least my weight didn''t really go up this week.

Skippy - in the races, it''s a lot easier to go slow if you hang around the back of the pack instead of the front. The people in the front are running 5-7 minute miles so that will inevitably make you go way too fast! I also find it easier to go slow if I don''t actually look at the people around me and focus on the ground or whatever is directly in front of me. You can also walk around and try to find someone/group of people who are relatively close to your pace and follow them! Good luck - I bet you will do great! Do you have a time goal in mind?

I am going to run in a 5k tomorrow with my friends, dad and hubby. Should be fun, but since I haven''t been running I''m not going to try and have any big expectations for my time. My last 5k was 33:24 so I hope to be around there! If I''m a little slower I''m not going to beat myself up over it, but if I''m faster of course I''ll be happy, hehehe. We also have another 5k next Friday so lots of racing this month!

bee - your wedding is so close - I''m sure everything will be wonderful!!!

tlh - sorry to hear about your ankle! It sounds like you are on the mend though - yay for racing this weekend!

Marcy - glad Marty is on his way home and you will see him soon!!!

I have to run sorry I couldn''t say hi to everyone else - hope everything is good! Have a fab weekend!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hi all!!!

Had my floor wiping yesterday. It was kinda my fault that I didn''t eat much for 5 hrs before my training session I nearly passed out! He did some killer stuff but I''m not sore today... The workout was KILLER. Started with some on the ball, prone shoulder presses and another prone that used the upper back muscles. We were literally using 1lb and 3 lb weights and were DYING! Then we did some balance/leg lifts and steps with bicep curls. Then jumping lunges which nearly made me pass out. Ended with some pull ups and weighted squats. "cooled down" with abs. It was really great, but still not sore. :)

Marcy, I''m glad Marty made it home okay. I''d be anxious with his long flight as well. My wedding''s in October, 3rd weekend in October. Did he pick up your tin cup necklace? My mom wanted one made for my sister for her graduation years ago. I''ll try to steal it to post pictures.

Skip, awesome walk and work outs this week. Glad to hear you''re still running. I haven''t done much running but the trainer told us that we need to do cardio outside working out with him, so we need to start running again. I want to buy new shoes, that might provide me some motivation to start again. :) CO sounds like a wonderful vacation place.

Bee, good luck with all the wedding stuff! Do post pictures of your FI''s wedding band. :)

TLH so sweet your hubby had a meet-a-versary dinner. Don''t think James will ever bother with that stuff. I''m glad your leg''s not hurting you too much anymore.

Arjuna, I love biking. Something about it makes me feel like a kid again :) I know what you mean about getting bored with your workouts. We warned our trainer about that us getting bored easily.

Rod, sounds like you''ve been having killer days. I''m glad the leg pain is getting more bearable. You''re such a rock star for your long hours at work AND uber workouts!!!! Now that I''m officially out of a job, I really have no excuse not to go running during the day but I still don''t. Thank you so much for the dusting, I really want this job. Can I ask for one more bit of job stuff advice. On a job application if it has minimum salary requirements, what should I do? Leave it blank? Put my current earnings?

That''s all for me.

~Lisa

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
hey everyone! I just thought I''d let you guys know that I am signing up for my first 5k walk and then looking for a 5k run in the area. yay!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Howdy gang!
35.gif

Marvellous weather for a run/bike--yipee! No snow this weekend LOL!

Hope everyone is well--take care.

cheers--Sharon

tlh

Ideal_Rock
marcy- as always your eats sound fab. I AM SOO PLEASED MARTY MADE IT HOME! I hope he rests up and gets back on his normal body clock soon! Thanks for the kind words!

rod- glad you were able to get that off your chest. Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Skippy - congrats on your jog! Sounds great. You're gonna ROCK that 5k! How do I tune out runners.. I'm not sure if this makes any sense... so I'll do my best. When I start out any race I know everyone is going to start out faster than they can maintain- and then fail. It happens to everyone. When you start w/ people that are faster than you, it sucks to fear being trampled... so knowing I'm not taking any prize money home, and that all the races I run I wear a timing chip for my own individual time (NOT GUN TIME) I don't worry about the gun. The winners are running 5ish minute miles.

I line up according to pace, in a pace that is SLOWER than mine by 1 minute or so. The reason... no one is going to REALLY run their true pace but the pace team (if a big race like a marathon or half). Also, it is a mental trick for me. I am embarrased to admit it, but it FEELS SOO GOOD to pass people up, and is incredibly disheartening to be passed... especially by people in their 80's. Yeah, that happened when I was injured in a race, and refused to drop out. Talk about a mental beating! But yeah. I line up near the front-middle of the pack (this is appropriate for me, determine where would be appropriate for you)... and wait for those around me to tucker out. During a 5k, most people started out WAY to fast and lose gas around mile 1-1.5. But since I lined up w/ people who'd be running at my pace in reality, but it wasn't really their pace AT ALL, I get my surge, as they start to walk or just slow in general... but I'm at my pace? Does that make sense? As they start to walk, and I'm passing them, the mind takes over... and I end up running about 2 mins/mile faster than I train my long runs... which always makes me feel GOOOD (which is really 3mins/mile faster than my running mates).
So I'm mentally lining up my battle. So I start further back when the gun goes off. I don't have to worry about being trampled, and I don't have to worry about keeping up w/ my pace group, because well... they were running too fast to begin with... and then I get the victory of PASSING THEM, which isn't something I think about conciously, like HAHA, you suck I pass you... but I'm sure subconsiously, It makes me feel good. And, just to note, I've been in a LOT of races. Even experienced runners that start out in their pace often make the mistake of going out too fast... even w/n their own pace group and sometimes end up tuckering out... in the longer races they begin to slow around mile 2-3. So it is just something I do when I toe up... to try to avoid the uncontrollable. It is like Derby... when the gun goes off... it can be hard to control that wild horse! So I just do what I can to control my conditions around me, so that I can ignore the runner's around me. Basically, the shorter the race, the more accute my mind has to be... so I never can zone out. I get in my pace, and run, but there are far too many people around doing stupid things that I can't veg out like I can in the longer races (or my solo training runs). (The last race I ran in there were THREE and FOUR YEAR OLDS running in the race, and they don't exactly run w/ their parents nor do they follow the runner's ettiquette rules. Plus who wants to be the person to step on a child... you know?) Sorry it was long winded, but I hope it helps.

OH! and funny story. Last race I ran when we got there to pick up the bibs... there was this girl in a matching sports bra TINY INVISIBLE shorts matching shoes, etc. Logos matched, the works. ABS of STEEL. I coulda bounced quarters off of 'em. I saw her bib. She had my same age handicap. I was like DANG. I told my DH wow, I bet she's SUPER FAST, tell me her finish time. I ran my race... did my thing. And my DH said he saw abs huff and puff on the run at the start- AFTER ME. I never saw her during the race, I just figured she blew past me, and I never saw her - even on the turnaround... NOPE. After the race, I had to find my hubs because he didn't see me as a Clydesdale blocked his view of me... I was passing this guy and at 5'3" I can easily be blotted out... So I had to turn around re-jog back down the course to grab my hubs and say, dude... I've been done over 7 minutes!! (I wanted post race breakfast.) As we are leaving and he's confessing he thought I injured myself and was growing worried that he hadn't seen me yet... and low and behold, we see ABS. Huffing and Puffing.. finishing well over 10 minutes after I did. So the moral of my story is... don't judge a book by its cover. The people who may kick your butt could be wearing a plain cotton tee and reg tennis... and 180 pounds, but just because someone "LOOKS" like a runner...doesn't mean they are a better runner than you are... or are really in any better shape. Though to be honest, I'd rather have those ABS and be slow... but I guess I CAN always get those abs...
2.gif

bee*- the gift sounds fabulous, congrats! I hope you have a good workout!

danielle - good for sneaking in a workout. The way I do it is I make it sound like no big deal. 30 minutes is only 2% of the total day afterall.. and it makes me really thing... geez I CAN DO THAT! Good luck to you on your 5K. I like to alternate mine and not RACE them all. Some I do just for fun, and not really care about time. They all can't be a PR. I think when you look at it that way, it makes it a lot more fun. Enjoy the time w/ the fam too, great job getting them out to run w/ you!

lliang_chi- LOVE IT! LOVE IT LOVE IT! I hope you burn today and tomorrow, then you know you were working some sleepy coma- muscles!

Today, I woke up. Did my feet exercises. AWESOME. Ran my wakeup run. The hubs did his hour long bike ride and smelled awful funky when he got home. Seriously HOW DO GUYS SWEAT THAT MUCH???
33.gif
The run was great. The weather PERFECT. I'm going to swim tonight, and tomorrow, and prep for Sunday's race. Over 1,000 runners - and I sized up my age group too... Looks like it will be a fun race... so happy no handicap! (Handicap races SUCK, because they start younger faster runner's and men staggered behind you... so you constantly are being passed, and it really messes w/ my strategy... ie you have to overcome your age handicap, and pass other people. BLEH.)

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else." -Steve Prefontaine

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been MIA this week, but I''ve still been keeping up with eating healthy and exercising...Well, except for Tuesday...It was my mom''s birthday and I have a delicious slice of birthday cake w/ vanilla icecream.
18.gif
..ok, and a slice the next morning for breakfast
15.gif
It was soooo good! And of course I beat myself up about it for a couple of days.. But I am sooo over it now. I have eaten very good today and I am going on a run before work
9.gif

.....Im still thinking about that cake....

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from Core revolution/muscle Hr!!!
3.gif
The class was sooooo crowded and kiddos were running around in the entrance of the gym ready to go swimming; I could tell school is out. hehe We did lots of squats, lunges, and lots of arm work and some abs. I probably will go for a short walk tonight!

Hubby is going over to his friends house tonight and I probably will go over to swim at my cousins house, fun fun!
9.gif
Tomorrow we have a wedding to attend so it is a busy weekend for sure!!
Hope everyone has a Fabulous weekend
35.gif

MARCY ~ glad your hubby is back home; poor guy the jet lag is exhausting!!!

BEE ~ your wedding is NEXT WEEK!!!! It will be here in no time! How exciting!!!
36.gif
aww, yay for a Tiffany necklace, sounds gorgeous!!!

DANIELLE ~ yay good to see you!!! I was wondering how you are doing; I missed you!! Oh, I will for sure go to the end of the line; great idea. I am just going to go out and have fun; I have done walks but not a run so my plan is just to get out there and do it so I don't really have a time goal, maybe next time though. hehe Thank you so much for your advice! Yay for your 30 day shred workout and run this weekend, wooo hooo super woman!!! Yay for all your runs coming up
36.gif
Very inspiring!

LISA ~ oh no to not eating enough. Yay for a KILLER PT session lady; sounds killer for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9.gif
thanks!

DRAGONFLY ~ yay for jogging; I looked at Active.com and they list all the races in your city so I bet you can find a few, kudos!!!

SHARON ~ yay for now snow and Woot wooot for a run/bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TLH ~ I love reading your posts; the part about haha you suck I pass you made me laugh!!!!!
9.gif
Oh my gosh, my BIL was saying he did a race and these ladies that didn't look like they could go fast were uber fast! You are right I bet it hard to tell which people are kick a**; that is too funny about miss abs and the kiddos (nutty)! You sound like a speed demon!!!!!! Wooo hooo woman! Thank you for all your thoughts; I appreciate you taking the time to give me your thoughts. You and your hubby sound like the power workout couple, awesome; you are inspiring!!!!!!!! Glad your ankles is doing well! Yay for your Race on SUNDAY
36.gif

LAUREN ~ yay for eating healthy and working out and Happy birthday to your dear mom! aw a little cake and ice cream is not bad.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone!

35.gif
I am pretty glad the weekend is here.Marty wants to hang around the house so we will have a low key weekend.I am running down to our car dealer 50 miles away to get my brakes worked on first thing in the morning.My mom wants to go to Joanne’s Fabrics so she is going to go with me.I hope the brakes won’t take long or cost a fortune.

I made low fat pizza for supper tonight.I don’t know what I’ll cook this weekend yet but I guess I will figure that out tomorrow.Maybe I will go to Whole Foods tomorrow and pick up some things.

Rod, glad you at least put it out there that your job is stressing you out because of the management conditions there.That makes it difficult to perform your best when you have to constantly worry about that as well.Hugs to you my friend.Marty did bring me a lovely pearl necklace and earrings.I enjoyed wearing them today.

Skippy, I am glad you had a great jog today.I bet there will be a lot of kids at the gym during the summer.

Bee, the pendant from Tiffany’s sounds lovely.I can’t wait to see pictures of it and D’s wedding ring.The big day will be here very soon.

Lauren, no worries about having some birthday cake.We can have our cake and eat it too because otherwise we wouldn’t be able to generally strive to eat healthy.At least that’s my philosophy.Have a great time in the 5K this weekend.

Lisa, I hate to hear you almost passed out.See you are in such great shape even a killer workout won’t make you sore.Yippee!!!The necklace Marty got me isn’t exactly the tin cup style but close.It has 3 pearls at each station instead of one.It is very pretty.I would love to see the necklace your mom had made for your sister.October will be here before we know it.

Dragonfly, how exciting for you signing up for some 5K’s.

Sharon, yippee for no snow this weekend.Sounds like you have ideal weather for your outdoor activities.

Tlh, the races in big cities sound interesting.When I walked in the race for the cure last year I got way in the back and on the side so I wouldn’t be run over.A friend of mine ran in the Boulder, Boulder and she said they started them in waves based on your average running time.Great story about judging a person by their looks.You just can never tell.Good luck with this weekend’s race.LOL at guys sweating.Marty had to change clothes a few times a day in Hong Kong and so he decided to have the hotel do his laundry and the bill was $100.00 in American dollars.Ouch.

Danielle, good luck in the race this weekend.

Take care and have a great weekend.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rats to having so many power lines in the way but here was a lovely rainbow we had last night.

mcrainbow.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
No workouts to report,
but I''m pretty sure I did do well in my exam - maybe about <70%, which I was happy with for studying one day
and dreaming of new jewellery projects most of the time
11.gif

I''ll likely make the gym today, and the rain''s cleared so I''ll go on a nice ride
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I was hoping someone could actually help me with a nutrition question..?
I read everywhere how nuts are a good high protein snack , they are always recommended etc - so for the last couple weeks, whenever I''ve been on the go I''ve been grabbing a handful on mixed nuts (with some sunflower+pumpkin seeds) and an apple to take out with me..

So, I''ve been feeling good, thinking I''m doing this good healthy snack thing - but I''ve just looked at the nutrition guide for the nuts, and
6.gif
... per 50g they have over 1300kj and almost 30g of fat (saturated fat only 3.05g though).
Well, this seems really high! I have to admit if I saw that on another label I wouldn''t buy it
40.gif
-
can someone pls explain to me, is it because they contain a certain type of fat or somethimg? Should I be sticking to a particular type of nuts? (these are brazils, walnut, cashews, hazelnut, almonds & pecans)..
And is it only the saturated fat that matters, or the whole lot..?

I''m sorry if this is not the right section, but I didn''t want to start a whole thread just about nuts, lol..
I hope someone knows the answer!

TIA,
aj.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning!!! I went swimming at my cousins house last night and it was so wonderful to be swimming under the stars and be looking up at the sky in a nice warm pool of water; I LOVED it!!!!
9.gif
I want a pool. hehe

I dressed and ready for a walk
3.gif
; my arms and chest are so sore from at the weights and push ups we did yesterday which is great! hehe Tonight hubby and I are going to my cousins wedding on the other side of the mountain; it is in this really pretty area where there are lots of trees and beautiful views; I probably will bring a sweater as it is cooler there. I am excited to get dressed up and be wearing smaller clothes. hehe
12.gif

Hope everyone has a FABulous Weekend
36.gif

all the runners in this thread have a GREAT run ( you are super stars), Danielle, TLH and others I may have missed
35.gif

MARCY ~ yay for Marty being back! hehe Very pretty necklace! I might wear my pearls tonight to the wedding. Yay for sewing and hanging out with your dear mom! mmm pizza. WF has yummy pizza too! BEAUTIFUL RAINBOW!!!!

AJ ~ I love riding my bike too; it is one of my favorite ways to get exercise in!!! I only eat 6-12 almonds a day because they have a lot of calories here is a good article on nuts; they are heart healthy. I tend to eat almonds and walnuts http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/nuts/HB00085

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from a 4.5 mile walk.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results