shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 8th Dec till 14th Dec

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.........It was a typical 'uber' Thursday. I did at least leave the office a few minutes before 6, so I was on the gym floor by 6:30. It was rainy in Tampa today, so all those who might have run, or done something outside, were inside the gym, so it was very crowded for a Thursday. I worked out really really hard and had a good workout. There was some buzz tonight at the gym. There were two men who were there who had never been at the gym, and they were pretty unbelievably well built, and the buzz was they are **** stars. Not that I would recognize them, but they were certainly strutting around the locker room. They had some unique piercings and tatoos. One of the guys had an eagle on his back with two diamonds at the tip of the wings. It didn't look like they were pinned in place either. They were somehow permanenty afixed?? Their presence certainly caused quite a stir........LOL

Tomorrow's Friday......YAYAYAYAY. We're going to a party tomorrow night hosted by a lady Charlie works with. She and her husband recently bought a home on the water in St. Petersburg and there's a Christmas Lighted Boat Parade tomorrow night on the water they live on. Lighted boat parades are so cool at Christmas. People go to amazing lengths to decorate their boats with all sorts of lights and deorations. It's quite a site for sure. I'm just not sure we're going to get there in time to see the parade as by the time I get home and we drive about 45 minutes to the party, we may miss it. Otherwise, it should be fun.

Skippy, I don't really like microwave popcorn and never really enjoyed butter on popcorn, so I still pop corn the old fashioned way. Real corn. Real oil. Salt. Pretty simple, but oh so good.

Dee, the pic is so cute. Brrrrrr, to the cold and snow.

Yay for completing the class Marcy. Yumm to Pizza. Stay warm.

Sorry you did catch the no sleep bug Kimberly. Please tell John, I'm sorry he's not feeling well. I've been doing some recruiting for the managing partner of our San Diego office and he tried to convince me I should move there and work for him. If there was a city I would consider, it would definitely be San Diego. How common are earthquakes out there?? And YAY for continuing to run up the hill. I'm sure you're going to make it all the way soon!

Feel better museikchik!

I'm glad bootcamp is going well Charger!

YAYAYAYAY for burning 270 calories on the treadmill dragon!!!

I see you're still baling hay Lorelei!! You Pioneer You!!!

Glad to know you're alive Miscka. I'm sure you'll be back on the healthy eating bandwagon soon.........

So sorry it's been rainy all day Zoe. Did you see that it snowed in New Orleans and Houston? Kind of backwards, don't you think?

OK....I'ts off to bed for moi. Sleep well everyone. Have a great Friday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay it is 21 minutes right now after I should be in bed.Rats.I went to the grocery store after work, made oatmeal cookies (both nut/raisin and scotchies) so that took me a few hours, then walked at least one of my two cookies off on the treadmill, did laundry and got ready for bed and I haven’t even graded papers yet.Aak!Oh well, tomorrow is Friday, Marty will be home and I’ll have 2 days off work.Woo hoo!
Muse, I hope you get better and catch up on a lot of sleep this weekend.
DeeJay, congratulations for closing in on the big minus 30 pounds.I am so excited for you.Sorry for getting your hopes up that Christmas is 45 days away - does that mean that it''s not? Rats.I love the picture of you; you look awesome and so SKINNY.
ChargerGirl, it sounds like you are being very good with all the holiday treats.Good for you.
Dragonfly, I am glad the portraits turned out good.
Skippy, enjoy the warm weather.Our forecast for Sunday is single digits with wind chill ten to twenty below zero.Rats.Did you buy anything at Banana Republic?
Lorelei, a straw bed does sound cozy.
Hi Miscka.
Zoe, I bet you could tell many stories about your kids.I’ve had some great people and some lulus in college over the years too.At least it’s never boring.
Kimi, wow that is a long nap on the weekend.That is nice you can catch up on sleep.If I sleep over 7 hours I am useless.I do okay as long as I get 6 hours.

Rod, LOL at **** stars at the gym.The lighted boat parade sounds really pretty and fun.
Well, I am off to bed – woo hoo it’s almost Friday.
Marcy

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone!

I made it to yoga on Weds. James got home early because he had a dentist appt and I was able to prep dinner and drive to yoga. It was CROWDED and totally kicked my tail in a good way. Got back, made dinner, "Cuban" pork tenderloin, black beans and rice. Not too happy how the beans turned out, I made them from dried black beans, and that was my first time. Will try again.

Thursday had a Girls' Night dinner party at a friend's. One of our Girls' Night group moved to Denver and had come in for the weekend so we made it a girls night thing. There were 4 of us. We had a really cool discussion about religion and string theory and then general "complaining" about our respective men. Ha ha. It was totally fun.

Today the plan is to "sneak out" of work. Hang out with sister and Denver friend in the afternoon. Hit yoga with them. Then go meet out with everyone else at a bar or something. Tomorrow I'm totally planning on doing yoga in the morning since James is probably going to be hung over tomorrow AM and be totally lazy.

Dee, Love that picture of you.
Mischka, How's that Wii Fit? Those seem like so much fun!
Rod, gosh I'm so impressed how you can stay motivated to keep doing those uber days. Glad it was a good one.
Zoe, great story about the "non-believer". Kids are hilarious

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

I had a dental appt. this afternoon, no workout for me today. But I''m on track to get at least 4 in this week, hooray! We had sole and brussel sprouts for dinner. Tomorrow night I''m going to an XMas party (must find app to make and bring) with some girls from work.

Rod, we have minor earthquakes 2-3 times a year (minimal damage, no injuries), we have few active faults so we basically get L.A.''s leftovers which is no big whoop. I lived 15 miles from the big earthquake in 1994 (I think?) and that was the last one that really shook San Diego, but it did little damage. I would be so excited if you moved here! Condos downtown are selling very slowly right now (they''ve overbuilt) and you and Charile could get into a great spot. Enjoy your boating party.

Marc, by the time I''ve put in three 12 hour days running after kids, plus normal life stuff, I am wiped come Friday night. To bed by 9-10 and I can usually manage to sleep until 7-8 the next morning. Then I''m back to functioning.

Have a great rest of your Friday, friends.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

This morning I took my cold and my hangover over to the gym and climbed onto the elliptical machine. (It was a little crowded with all three of us on there, but somehow we managed.) Less than 10 minutes into my work out I got a call that the alarm was going off at my client's house so I had to RUN home, find the code, and get it turned off so the cops didn't come. GREAT. I went back and started over, so I did 65 hard mins plus whatever was on the front end (not including the run to and from my house), and then I did some arms just for good measure. Kak!

I didn't eat much today thanks to the fact I can't taste much, but I made up for it tonight with a big bowl of pasta for dinner and then some random crap at a party. Oh well. It is what it is.

Just took some more cold medicine and going to sleep now. ZZZZZzzzzz..........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
35.gif
It’s finally Friday.I wore a shirt to work that I wore one time last year – now I remember why I only wore it one time – I froze in it.I think I need to move it over to my spring clothes.It’s a faux suede and it is not warm at all.Rats.
Marty got home today and since I had nothing to fix for supper we went to a Mexican restaurant and I had one taco and one small beef enchilada.After we got home we had some slow churned ice cream and he enjoyed some of his oatmeal raisin cookies.I don’t know what we are doing tomorrow but he is only in town for the weekend then he’s off to another business trip.He hasn’t done his Christmas shopping yet so I don’t know if he’ll want to go wander around somewhere by himself or what we’ll do.
Lliang, it sounds like you are going to have a fun and busy weekend.
Kimi, have fun at your Christmas party and get to catch up on your sleep.I am so tired tonight I doubt I’ll make it to 10.I don’t sleep well when Marty is out of town so I think since Sunday I’ve had about 20 hours of sleep total.I hope I sleep in tomorrow.
DeeJay, Marty flew in from Chicago today and he said it was bitter cold there.I hope your cold is better, I am sure you hangover is by now.
Well, take care. Have a great weekend.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey all!

This morning the scale gave me 127 (and I got on and off three times and got the same number every time!) so that makes 30.5 since the beginning of July. Woo hoo! Of course now I'm sitting here chowing down on the left over pasta from last night, but hey, a girl's gotta eat someting, right?

Oh, and I forgot to say yesterday that I tried to buy a skirt at Ann Taylor (when I say "tried" I mean they had it in two colors, and they only had the color I didn't want in my size). And *what is my size*? you ask. (Please, just pretend you asked, for my sake!) A TWO. Yes. TWO!!! I also tried the zero, but I'm five pounds from that still. Oh well, gives me something to shoot for. (Keep in mind the jeans I wore yesterday are a SIX, so go figure... )

My goal today is not to leave the house at all (now that I spent my 65 mins on the hampster wheel) until we go to a party tonight at 9:30. (And who the hell STARTS a party at 9:30 anyway?) Cards to address. Gifts to wrap. God only know what else. Plus a cold to nurse. I'm staying in!

That's all for now. Be back later!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends, I didn't check in yesterday. I met a friend for lunch and it was good to see her. Hubby and I are going to her house for New Years Eve so I told her I would bring some goodies. Hubby and I tried out some super yummy Vietnamese Restaurant last night; they were super busy so it took awhile for us to get out of there but the food was delicious. I had coconut braised chicken with Jasmine rice and a side salad and hubby and I split a banana bread pudding; we don't eat like this that often so I thought it was okay to have that as a treat. hehe
3.gif

Tonight I am going to a holiday party and a few of my relatives will be there so I will be wrapping some presents to take tonight so I don't have to figure out when to give them there gifts, I can do it tonight. hehe Then tomorrow is my cookie baking frenzy to give as gifts to a few of the neighbors.

Last night it was so cloudy so I missed the full moon; I guess it was suppose to look huge!
emmoon.gif
Anyone catch the full moon? Oh well; we are suppose to get snow tomorrow but we will see our weather is so hit and miss. haha I was suppose to take pictures of my sister, her hubby and nephew for their holiday card picture but my nephew has the stomach flu so I don't know if it is going to happen and I don't want to get sick either. Gosh, I am rambling. hehe

Have a fabulous Saturday all
Godblessusalleveryone.gif

DEEJAY, awesome picture!! Woot for 127, you SKINNY MINNIE
36.gif

KIMI, wow, I bet 3rd/4th graders are a fun group; isn't 3rd grade the year they learn their times tables? Wooo hooo for making it up the elusive hill!

ROD, I still have Charlie in my prayers for the assis mgt position. How was the St. Pete's party and did you make it in time to see the parade? Sounds wonderful!

MARCY, yum to oatmeal cookies. Oatmeal combined with chocolate chips are my favorite cookies and then a NM cookie called biscochitos is my second favorite. hehe Yay for being off!! I bought my dad a coat at BR.

LLIANG, wooo hooo for your yoga classes!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone. I am alive (barely) Haha. So here is for my selfish post b/c I don''t have the energy to catch up. Good news is I finally broke 130!
36.gif
Bad news is I lost 4-5 lbs b/c I have the flu so chances of me not gaining it right back is slim (but a girl can hope right?!?) It felt good to see 129 again...oh...like a long lost friend. More bad news...there is no way my body will look good by losing only 4 more lbs (my goal was 125).
38.gif
I understand that my body would change after having a baby but I thought I would deal with looseness not rolls KWIM? It is sad that I am disgusted with my body. I am embarrassed and feel like I have to always make jokes about it. *sigh* I KNOW this is something I can control. I know. But I am just emotional from being sick for almost the whole month of December. So thanks for listening to my pathetic post.
4.gif

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Tacori, you are doing great and woooo hooo for being 129. Are you lifting weights? I am facing something similar but not exactly the same but now that I am in my early 30's I notice my skin doesn't bounce back like in my 20's but I do the weights, sit ups, push ups, and notice that helps a bit. You honestly are doing awesome!!! Huge hugs and I bet being sick just makes everything feel blah but reassess in a few days when you are feeling better. I own a few hand weights and when watching tv I lift them just doing some curls and a few things. You are doing great woman!!!
36.gif
Yay for the weight loss and feel better soon, hugs!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy, thanks friend. Once I am well I am really going to start going to the gym (hold me accountable! Haha). I got so pissed at DH b/c I was talking to SIL and asked if she wanted to work out in her apartment gym with me over x-mas and he said "yeah, like that is going to help. That''s like taking two guitar lessons"
20.gif
38.gif
29.gif
Mr. Sensitive. I found it very hurtful and calmly explained that to him. I think he felt bad. Now I just have to wait until I feel up to it. Guess I should have gotten the flu shot after all
2.gif
You are doing great too! Loose pants is the BEST feeling!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2008 5:53:35 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Skippy, thanks friend. Once I am well I am really going to start going to the gym (hold me accountable! Haha). I got so pissed at DH b/c I was talking to SIL and asked if she wanted to work out in her apartment gym with me over x-mas and he said 'yeah, like that is going to help. That's like taking two guitar lessons'
20.gif
38.gif
29.gif
Mr. Sensitive. I found it very hurtful and calmly explained that to him. I think he felt bad. Now I just have to wait until I feel up to it. Guess I should have gotten the flu shot after all
2.gif
You are doing great too! Loose pants is the BEST feeling!
Ah, thanks friend!!! You are so sweet. I think hubby's don't get it sometimes,
38.gif
that is why this thread is great (support). Okay, I will hold you accountable and you can hold me accountable too; I think toning would be great since you are so close. I hate doing weights/toning too
14.gif
; I can honestly say that but it does feel a bit better to be a tiny bit less giggly for me. ahha
3.gif
I am not there yet, I still have 9 more lbs to lose and then I am at my goal and keeping with the weights will help me too. You are doing great!!! I am proud of you friend!!!
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

35.gif
ya''ll.

DeeJay, I thought you looked beautiful.

Keep well folks!

cheers--Sharon

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........I didn''t get to check in yesterday. It was a typically long day at work. Then I rushed home to meet Charlie and change for the party. The party was really nice. The couple who had the party, are both young, but obviously, doing really well. Their house is on the water in St. Pete. The setting is absolutely stunning and the house, was an older, typical retiree house, with two baths, two bedrooms, but they completely gutted the house and every single inch of the place is stunning. From the hand sewn wood floors, to the beyond gorgeous kitchen. But the most spectacular (and likely most expensive) and perhaps more than any two people could possibly need room, was the master bath. It is larger than most people''s bedrooms. In fact, it has a couch in the middle of the room, a 40" plasma TV, a soaking spa, a sauna, a steam room, a steam bath and is all marble. It was stunning to say the least, but it had to have cost a fortune and I''m not sure why anyone needs such a lavish bath. The food was OK. Kind of disappointing for catered food, but overall, it was a really really nice party. It''s the first party I''ve ever attended in my life where smoking cigars was encouraged. They had "natural" cigars and everyong seemed to really enjoy them. And they really did want everyone to have one???? I didn''t have one and neither did Charlie. The husband of the couple has a cigar room in the house, just for smoking stogies. They''re both just 36, so I''m not sure why they''re into cigars in such a big way? We did make it in time for the lighted boat parade. It was so festive. The boats were so incredibly decorated.

Today, was a quiet day. Charlie worked all day, so I had my car washed, lunch at Panera, coffee under the oak. I wasn''t really planning on going to the gym today, but I really didn''t have anything else to do, so I went to the gym and worked out and had a nice one. I had dinner all by myself at a diner, then went grocery shopping. Charlie''s off tomorrow, so we''re going to have a nice regular Sunday. He''ll want to work out, so I guess I''m going to the gym again tomorrow.

Marcy, Yummm to oatmeal cookies and for walking two of them off on the treadmill! I saw that really bad weather was headed your way? I hope it''s not too bad.

Yay for yoga kicking your butt lliang!!

Thanks for letting me know earthquakes aren''t too common in San Diego Kimberly. I''m sure we''d love the city very much, but it''s not too likely we''ll be able to relocate there. At least not given our current circumstances.

Sorry you''ve got a cold DeeJay, but how impressive that you took it to the gym and worked out anyway. 30.5 pounds down!!!! GO DEEJAY!!!

I hope you had a great time at the party tonight Skippy! The full moon was huge and we got to see it over the water as the christmas boats went by. It was just beautiful. I''m sorry you missed the moon.

I''m so sorry you have the flu Tacori. I hope you take it easy and feel better soon.

Good to see you Sharon! Where''ve you been?

OK.......I hope everyone had a good Saturday. See you tomorrow.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
We went shopping today.Marty is trying to find my Christmas presents.He bought me a garnet ring but the rest of the stuff he wants to pick out himself.He had the jeweler wrap my ring after they sized it – rats now I can’t wear it while he’s out of town.
DeeJay, congratulations for losing 30.5 pounds and for size 2 skirt.
Skippy, have fun at the holiday party tonight. How many types of cookies are you going to bake? I have one more type of cookie to bake then I should be done for the year.My freezer is very full.Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are yummy.I am sure your dad will love the coat your bought him.
Tacori, congratulations for breaking in to the 130’s.I hope you feel better soon.

Sharon, how is the weather up there?We are going to have highs in the single digits tomorrow and sub zero wind chills.Rats.
Rod, that house sounds awesome.I am glad you had a nice day today.Yes, really bad weather is heading our way and Marty has to drive to the airport in it tomorrow.Yes, I will be a basket case till he arrives safely at his destination.
38.gif

Well, take care and have a great Sunday.

Marcy

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Things have shown no sign of settling here. I''m trying to keep myself positive though. You all know we had our hamster put to sleep a ocuple of weeks ago. We got ourselves a new baby hamster called Kojo on Wednesday. He''s beautiful. Well that evening I was so busy cooing over him I forgot to check our eldest hamster Berry, who had been under the weather since Digit left s. I checked her just before bedtime and found her curled up, dead in her bedding. What a shock. I was devastated.

At least we have Kojo to focus on to keep us from feeling too sad. He is gorgeous and I think he is going to tame quickly. He is fine with being handled at the moment, just a little nervous.

I still haven''t got myself back on trak yet with my eating plans etc. But I have not forgotten you all. I am still on my "mission".

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry I am so sorry for your loss. I had a little hamster years ago and I was devastated when he died. But keep on with your mission!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry, sorry to hear about your hamster. Hugs to you. I am glad you have a new hamster already to focus on. Do stay on your mission though. It will give you something else to focus and help you feel better.
1.gif

Hi Lorelei! Are you having pants weather today? We have -11 F temps outside. And rats - I have to run to the mall. The mint pendant I finally got back last night just isn''t meant to be - the stone fell out of the mounting. Rats.

Have a great day everyone in HLTland!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

35.gif

HI Rod--I have been studying and busy busy busy; but have tried to do something in the way of exercise everyday! Thanks for asking! P.S. I thought of you while I shoved some sushi in my mouth after my Friday exam--I I was starving; funny I always think of you when I''m eating sushi!!!
9.gif

Marcy--funny you should ask about the weather; it is a horrid deep freeze. The snow was not supposed to start unitl Friday night, but loand bheold, whille I was writing an exam Friday morning I looked outside and it was already coming down. We got at least a foot and it is supposed to continue all this week. The snow I can live with, but the bitter cold temps, -30, are hard to tolerate. We have been using the snow blower because shovelling is just, well, pointless.......

MerryM--sorry for the loss of your furry creatures.

Keep well folks!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sharon, my minus 11 with wind chill minus 20 just doesn''t seem so bad now. Aak for minus 30 and a lot of snow. We don''t have much snow on the ground at all but it is expected to snow through tonight and we''ll be in single digits and teens for days. Stay warm!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
So much to catch up on...I''ve been gone for a few days. We lost power on Thursday/Friday and it came back on yesterday. We got cable and the Internet back either late last night or this morning. I''m not sure if you''ve heard, but my state and MA were declared States of Emergency over the weekend, due to the ice storm. We didn''t have school on Friday, and I wonder if we will tomorrow. The roads are fine but there are a ton of trees and limbs down.

I didn''t have a chance to read the last bunch of posts, but I hope everyone is doing well.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning, wow, PS looks different today.
3.gif
I am starting my baking frenzy; let''s hope I assert some self restraint. I will come back and post a little more tonight. Hugs to all you kind HLT friends!!
9.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Did a gentle hour on the hampster wheel this morning in deference to my cold. Can''t wait ''till this is over. I think the HH has it now though.

The evil scale gave me 129 this morning, which is ridiculous because I KNOW I did not gain two pounds yesterday so I''m just going to ignore it.

Tacori, woo hoo for under 130! I''m right there with you girlfriend!

Sorry for not replying to everyone else personally, I have somehow f*cked up my computer and everything looks weird. Plus my reply box here is all wonky too. God only know what this is going to be like when I post it...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
It’s minus 14 now.
east%20coast%20psers.gif
Our garage door is broke too.
Wahhhhh.gif
It won’t close. Marty got is shut manually but I am stuck here until the repairman comes tomorrow.It did this about 2 weeks ago too – maybe something isn’t working too well when it gets cold.I am getting a cold and have a sore throat too.RATS.
I made pot roast and mashed potatoes for dinner today.I have enough leftovers for supper or lunch for a few days.I also got my Christmas poem written and printed out some photos to stick in our Christmas card.I will go through my address list tonight and print out labels.
Marty headed off to the airport tonight.He’ll be gone through Friday again.
My pendant they replaced for me with the mint garnet broke last night. When I took it off I soaked it in my US and when I was drying it off the stone fell out. The manager was very embarassed that happened after how long it took them to get it for me.

Zoe, I did hear about the horrible ice storm.How awful.That will be a mess to clean up with all the broken lines and branches.Glad you are safe though.
Skippy, your baking frenzy looks amazing.
thum12.gif
I can smell your cookies now. I need to try the molasses cookies.They look terrific.That’s all I need another type of cookie to tempt me.
3.gif

DeeJay, my reply box was strange last night too.I hope your cold gets better.I wouldn’t believe your scale either.LIES, ALL LIES!
Take care and have a great evening.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey and Happy Sunday Everyone.

It was a nice day. I slept realy late (till 10:30), then we had coffee and a fresh bowl of fruit inside as it was still a tad cool outside. We decided to try a different place for lunch today. It's actually within walking distance of our condo and we had heard the food was really good. And good it was. It's called Pane Rustica (pronounced panay roostica) and everything is home made, including the breads. Actually, bread is their specialty. I had a roast beef sandwich on fresh sourdough with aioli, homemade tomatoe spread and some homenade swiss cheese. It was absolutely to die for. Charlie had a butter nut squash halved and filled with the best tuna salad I've ever tasted. It wasn't a cheap lunch, but it was really fantastic. We'll definitely go back. Then we had our usual cup of coffee at Sbucks under the oak. It warmed up this afternoon and it was partly sunny (sorry to all of you in frigid, icy, snowy land up north). We hit the gym around 3 and left at 6. It was my second gym day in a row, so I'm looking forward to a break tomorrow. Dinner was fresh baked salmon, silver queen corn (I can't believe we're still getting fresh corn down here this time of year) and steamed broccoli. We bought two sugar cookies from the restaurant at lunch to have with coffee tonight. It's the first holiday cookie we've had yet this year. It was a really nice treat! Tomorrow, we're having sushi after work. I'm really looking forward to it as we didn't have any this weekend, which for us is unheard of............

Marcy, we at least came up with a very small list of things we could use for Christmas. We've never not had presents at Christmas and this year won't be an exception, but we're really scaling back since we don't make what we used to. I'm sure Marty will pick out some wonderful gifts for you! I hope Marty makes it to the airport OK. Will flights be flying with such bad weather? Sorry about the garage door not working and oh my, to -14 degrees outside.........
23.gif

merrymunky, I'm so sorry about the loss of your other hamster. i remember when I was boy and my hampster (Toothy) passes away, I was devastated. I didn't know tooty was a girl hamster until my best friend and I decided our hamsters should spend the night together and few weeks later Toothy had babies. It was interesting to see them when they were born. They're really little blobs, without eyes or hair and they evolve outside the womb for a few weeks until they're eyes develop and open and they grow hair and begin looking like little hampsters. Anyway, I'm sorry for your loss.

Hey Sharon......Oh my to temps that are -30 and snow coming down for the week. It's not even officially winter and it seems it's going to be a rough one this year. I hope the studying's going well. Stay warm and safe.

Zoe, I'm glad you're OK. I knew you were in New England and since you hadn't checked in for a couple days, I imagined you'd lost power in the ice storm. I hope life returns to normal soon.

I hope you had a good baking frenzy Skippy! I saw there was snow out your way today......I hope you enjoyed the 3 cookies my dear!!

I hope everyone had a nice weekend and the week ahead is a good one.........

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
MARCY, I am sorry about the garage and being sick, hugs, and hope you feel better. Thanks about the cookies. hehe

ROD, yum your dinner sounded good!

Sweet dreams all!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy, thanks for the awesome picture; I need to respond in that thread. You are so sweet!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I am going to get ready for bed.Marty’s plane lands after midnight our time but I told him to let me know he got there okay so I’ll have a short night’s sleep.I might crank the heat up tonight too; I’ve been very cold all day probably because I am getting sick.
Rod, that restaurant sounds great.Yay for joining in on the cookie consumption.I had a few today and I didn’t even bake any today.We aren’t spending as much for Christmas this year as we’ve done in the past but we both bought several things this year just because it’s there so that’s fine too.I can’t say I blame the garage door for not wanting to open and close in this kind of weather.

Thanks Skippy.My throat is getting worse tonight.Rats.I am glad you liked the picture.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/14/2008 9:37:36 PM
Author: Rod
Hey and Happy Sunday Everyone.

Hey Sharon......Oh my to temps that are -30 and snow coming down for the week. It''s not even officially winter and it seems it''s going to be a rough one this year. I hope the studying''s going well. Stay warm and safe.
HI:

Thanks. This weather is a definate "oh my''er"--one forces oneself to so out--I get stir crazy otherwise. It is sunny and bring--just bitterly cold and this week will be no expection. Bit unusual for us this time of year--it has been a "brown" Christmas for as long as i can remember!

I''ll hop n the bike today and watch some Christams movie--and run around doing errands, bundled up!

Stay well folks!

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results