shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 8th Dec till 14th Dec

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi.What a short day I had.I worked from home today to do annual performance appraisals.I stayed up really late working on them and then got a phone call from one of my employees earlier than I’d normally get up.Aak.Once I am up I can’t go back to sleep.Rats.

I made myself a Marcy McMuffin for BF.100 cal English muffin, 1 piece of Canadian bacon, some low fat cheese and an egg.For lunch I met a friend for lunch and had some chicken, pasta and 1 breadstick.I made sour cream sugar cookies and enjoyed every bite of the one I ate.I also M&M cookies tonight.I thought I could take some to work tomorrow, take some to my last night of class and freeze the rest for the family Christmas.I naturally had to eat one of those too.DH just informed me he wants oatmeal cookies with raisins so that adds another type of cookie to my list.He won’t be home until late Friday so I’ll make them later.

Once my cookies are done I am running out to the mall in 7 degree weather to pick up my spessartite ring.Woo hoo.I will test out my flannel lined jeans in the cold and wind.

Zoe, my continued good luck dust coming your way for DH to find a great position.Rats for being in a bah humbug mood but it’s certainly understandable with the stress in your life right now.Woo hoo for believing.

Julianna, your trainer sounds like a dream.How cool to get rid of your squishies.I had one of each of the cookies I baked today and that was plenty.I rarely make 2 kinds in one day but I was here and bored and Marty is gone so I decided why not – just get it done.

Kimi, I am sure you’ll find new Christmas memories in NYC!

DeeJay, rats for the outfit that fits not being the one you want to wear.Sounds like a trip to the mall to me.Yippee!

Lliang, since I got my perm some days I use styling crème, some days I just comb it but never do I blow it dry – I don’t have any skill in that area.I will be glad to provide you with some of my favorite cookie recipes.

Dragonfly, your cousin sounds very fit and works very hard to stay that way.Congrats to her.I agree one cookie won’t hurt.I have 2 more kinds to bake and will do those next week.Last year I made them right before the family Christmas and ate too many at once.I am trying to spread them out more this year.

Somethingshiny, is the plumbing all fixed yet?How heartbreaking to have so many things you need to fix in your house.

Skippy, now I’m worried.I hope your weird thing wasn’t bad.

Take care.

Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from muscle hour, gosh I did so many push ups and walking lunges w/dumbells, sit ups, squats, etc; I am already sore.
5.gif
I attended an event where I met a bunch of people today. hehe They had a bunch naughty items were being served but I put 1/6th of a regular size brownie on my plate and a small cookie and that is all I had; I think I did pretty well considering all the tempting goodies.
41.gif
Tonight we had spinach pie and I had some carrots and a yummy fuji apple.

I also bought a few holiday gifts for family on tried on polarized sunglasses for fun. I want a new pair of sunglasses. I found this super cute jacket I might buy too as a gift to myself. hehe Also, today I had to put on some slacks and I thought these striped slacks would look good with my outfit but remembered I never ever wore them because they were too small but I put them on and they were a tiny bit big, yay! I hope everyone has a wonderful wonderful evening, hugs to all!!!
35.gif

MICHELLE, great job on the weight loss!!!! woo hooo girl!!

MERRYMUNKY, don't apologize, I am so sorry about your pet. Hope you feel better soon!

ZOE, you are doing great!!! Yay for doing well at a party; doesn't it make you feel good to say "yay, I did well!" High five to you!!!

KIMI, yay for going to the gym and 1.5 hrs!

ROD, it is scary about jobs right now; I hope and pray things pick up! How fun that Charlie is decorating, wooo hooo! You two are such an adorable and wonderful couple!!

MARCY, sorry your day was so long. Good job for allowing yourself 1 cookie. hehe Thanks for the kudos; I use to be bad to w/desserts but I am happy I am doing better!!

JULIANNA you sound like a lean machine, woman, kudos!!! Thanks for the kudos on the self restraint; you could do the same, you are awesome!! I am proud that I don't get crazy anymore over goodies like I use too so the kudos is very much appreciated! hehe

DEEJAY, yay for the workout, you are doing awesome! I finished my Christmas cards too! I am glad to get that out of the way! hehe

LLIANG, yay for all your yoga workouts, great job!!!

DRAGONFLY, hey skinny minny, yay for yoga; I have the 30 day shred too and it is much like my muscle hour class. You are awesome!

SS, I hope you get time for your wonderful yoga. I have had you in my prayers and I pray for a wonderful new year for you honey! Hugs

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Marcy~ I use sour cream in my cut-out cookies too. It''s my grandma''s recipe. We have a big family so she''d make batches and batches of them. She would store them in shirt boxes in the freezer. Then, when people came over, we''d take them out and pop them on the radiator for a few minutes and enjoy the warm deliciousness! Thanks, now I''m drooling! The plumbing is working for now. We got by with replacing a small section of the pipe, but we''ll have to tear up the road in the Spring.
39.gif

Skippy~ Thank you for thinking about me! I just wanted to mention something about polarized glasses. If your car has the numbers that illuminate in your windshield, your polarized lenses will probably distort if not completely remove them. Since I drive old vehicles it''s not a problem for me, I LOVE polarized lenses, especially for fishing and driving in the snow.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.....this has to be short. It was an ''super uber'' day. I didn''t sleep well last night. I''m not sure why, but I woke up at 4:00 AM and couldn''t get back to sleep fully until about 5 minutes before the alarm went off. Ugh.........So, I was at work before 8 this morning and was planning on leaving at 5:30, but that plan didn''t pan out and I didn''t leave till at least 6:15, so by the time I got to the gym and changed it was late. Now, a logical person would have just shortened their workout, but that logic didn''t filter in my brain and I just got going and had my full workout. I was kind of frustrated when I got there, so it was a welcome relief to be honest. Dinner was leftover pot roast and veggies, yummm! Charlie''s off tomorrow, so I''ll come home after work and he''ll cook something nice for dinner.

Just a couple hey''s.........

Michelle, our motto here is and always will be "Slow and steady wins the race!" So, you''re doing just great!!

Marcy, it''s good you and Marty are keeping the economy going!! Stay warm and I''m sorry you didn''t get to sleep in this morning.

Thanks Zoe, I''ll look forward to hearing from your hubby. I know what you mean about being in a bah humbug mood this year. We''ve never been in the position we''re in this year, meaning we can''t just go out buy whatever we want. I hope your kids never stop believing........

YAYAYAY for a Rod-like workout Julianna!! Rod is very proud of you, for sure!!!

dragon, I used to be a Mocha Frappucino-aholic. When I was overweight and out of shape, I had at least 2 a day. Can you imagine that?? So, I only drink coffee at Sbucks these days. It just seems the safest bet given my checkered Sbucks past.........LOL

YAYAYAY for pants that were once too small, being too big Skippy!! WOO HOO!! I''m so proud of you. GO SKIPPY GO SKIPPY GO!!! Thanks for thinking we''re adorable. I''m not sure I place us in the adorable category, but I sure do thank you my dear!!!

Sorry for not being able to say hey to everyone else, but it''s almost 11:30 and 6:30 will come all to fast. Sleep well everyone. See you tomorrow night.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, woo hoo for not eating a lot of treats today and how exciting your pants are now too big for you.
36.gif

Somethingshiny, my recipe is my grandma's so they might be the same recipe. They are yummy! Sorry you are hungry for them now. That is funny she stored them in shirt boxes. I am glad to hear the plumbing is fixed now but how awful you'll have to dig up the road in the spring.

Rod, sorry you didn't sleep well last night either. It sounds like there was a lot of that going around. Let's hope we all sleep well tonight.

Laters,
Marcy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

I''m kidsitting today, will hit the gym between work and going to their house. I slept like crap last night, very tired this morning.

Gecko, I love new hym equipment!

Rod, I feel your not enough sleep pain, I''m right there with you.

Skip, hooray for lose pants!

Marc, sorry the phone call woke you up. Frustrating! Hooray for picking up your new ring.

Enjoy two days in a row of Bikram, lliang.

Have a great day all.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I missed bikram yesterday
7.gif
I was doing stuff, lost track of time and before I knew it, it was the time I needed to be OUT of the house to make the class, and the dog wasn''t walked yet.
7.gif
Booo. So I''m going tonight and hopefully Friday and Saturday. :)

Dinner last night was BBQ take out James got. It was okay. I just had a sandwich and some fries.

Today I feel totally weird, my eyes are bugging me and I have a "headache". Hopefully it''ll just go away soon...

Skippy, hooray for the pants being too big even!!! that''s awesome.
Marcy & Shiny, Mmmm.. cut out cookies. Those sound tasty and fun. Must... not... cave...
Rod, wow, super uber day indeed! hope you got some rest

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey all, well last night I got some ... very little, but SOME Xmas shoopping done. Thank goodness. I didn''t get a lot done work out wise last night, but walking around the mall in heels was pretty good exercise. This morning I got up and did Jillian again, she''s hard core. It feels good though. Breakfast was egg and a piece of toast with cinnamon. Snack of goldfish, lunch was shrimp alfredo (ugh) leftovers and I just had a very small tangerine. My sister and I are having updated portraits done tonight for my mom and dad for Christmas.
Skippy - was that your weird thing? The Pants! YAY FOR THOSE but if the weird things is something different STOP WORRYING ME
Rod - I like your mindset, you push through even with it seems like you shouldn''t. I love that. And as to the starbucks. I do a tall skinny cinnamon dolce. They are 90 calories, sugar free and I believe fat free. I get it and sprinkle a bit more cinnamon on top because they say cinnamon helps burn calories. I don''t drink starbucks regularly, only once a week or so at the most, but I''m in LOVE with this drink. I get it iced in summer and hot in winter haha.
Lorelei - WHERE ARE YOU
Liang - don''t worry about missing a day or two, you''ll catch up, and you can always try to fit in five minute exercises at home (I do squats while folding laundry)
Hope everyone is doing well

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/10/2008 3:21:49 PM
Author: dragonfly411
Hey all, well last night I got some ... very little, but SOME Xmas shoopping done. Thank goodness. I didn''t get a lot done work out wise last night, but walking around the mall in heels was pretty good exercise. This morning I got up and did Jillian again, she''s hard core. It feels good though. Breakfast was egg and a piece of toast with cinnamon. Snack of goldfish, lunch was shrimp alfredo (ugh) leftovers and I just had a very small tangerine. My sister and I are having updated portraits done tonight for my mom and dad for Christmas.
Skippy - was that your weird thing? The Pants! YAY FOR THOSE but if the weird things is something different STOP WORRYING ME
Rod - I like your mindset, you push through even with it seems like you shouldn''t. I love that. And as to the starbucks. I do a tall skinny cinnamon dolce. They are 90 calories, sugar free and I believe fat free. I get it and sprinkle a bit more cinnamon on top because they say cinnamon helps burn calories. I don''t drink starbucks regularly, only once a week or so at the most, but I''m in LOVE with this drink. I get it iced in summer and hot in winter haha.
Lorelei - WHERE ARE YOU
Liang - don''t worry about missing a day or two, you''ll catch up, and you can always try to fit in five minute exercises at home (I do squats while folding laundry)
Hope everyone is doing well
I am here, been loading straw DF!!!
35.gif

How is it going with the goldfish?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends, I am so sore today, especially the booty, muscle hour worked. hehe
41.gif
Nothing too exciting to report; I probably will go for a 30 min walk today since it is 45 degrees out and I am a whimp in the cold. haha Thanks all for the loose pants kudos; I am pretty happy and I think it is funny in my mind I was expecting them to still not fit. haha

Hope everyone is having a fantastic day and watching lots of holiday movies at night; I soooo love the holiday shows. hehe
9.gif

SOMETHINGSHINY, thanks for your thoughts. My car doesn't have a display in the winshield, sounds cool though! I have a pair of polarized but they don't fit me properly so I am wanting a nice pair that do fit but I need to drag hubby along to help me find the bet fit. You know how much men love shopping. hehe
20.gif

ROD, ah, sucks, you know how to make a girl smile big and blush at the same time dear friend. hehe Wow, awesome job on the uber workout; I hope you sleep better tonight.

MARCY, I hope you sleep better too!! Happy baking friend!!! Thanks for the kudos and kudos to you too!!!

KIMI, happy kid sitting; I bet the kiddos adore you and yay for going to the gym. Oh no, I hope you sleep better too! Thanks for the kudos dear friend!

LLIANG, Hope you make it to yoga; hey walking the dog is Great exercise!!! Thanks for the kudos. Oh no, I hope you don't have a migraine; hope you feel better soon friend!

DRAGONFLY, when I posted that comment I was upset and the gym helped take it away. I actually had to attend something and one guy kept leaning in closer and closer to me while we were talking (I wasn't misunderstanding him either) and I couldn't take it anymore since he was way too close and I walked away; it was an uncomfortable situation. You are sweet to ask but I think I handled it the best I could have; if it was a different situation I would have been more than happy to tell him off for being a creepo!!!! haha Thanks about the pants. Wooo hooo for being super woman w/your workouts, awesome!!!!

LORELEI, awesome workout loading straw friend!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi All!

Julianna -- I''m glad you like your new trainer. I miss mine.

Kim -- I hope you have a great time in NYC. It should be so pretty this time of year, with decorations, etc. all over the city.

Dragon -- thanks for the encouragement! I haven''t really thought of doing yoga. I should though. My dad is retiring soon and he''s thinking of becoming a yoga instructor. He''s been doing it for years and he LOVES it (for the health and spriritual aspects).

Marcy -- I''m impressed that you can make Christmas cookies and not have many of them. Such willpower! I like the idea of making them but then I never do. The only thing I make are choc. chip cookies, and I''m not even sure I''ll make those this year. We''ll see. Oh, thanks so much for the dust!

Skippy -- thanks for the high 5! You''re such a cheerleader for everyone. You''re awesome! It sounds like you had a tough work out yesterday.

Rod -- don''t you hate it when you wake up and then fall back to sleep right before your alarm goes off? That happens to me a lot. It''s a pain.

So we did a webquest at school today and it went well. Basically, it was a scavenger hunt of sorts. I had found different websites that had a ton of Christmas info (traditions and customs, names for Santa in different countries, etc.), and I had bookmarked them to portable laptops we have. I had typed out a few sheets of paper with all different questions that the kids had to answer after doing the research on the sites. A lot of it was about Santa. I went over to the girl I got into an "argument" with (the non believer), and whispered "just go with it" in her ear. She smiled and I swear she even winked at me. It was pretty funny, but maybe you had to be there...
9.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
What''s the weather like for you guys? Ours is crazy but typical for New England. It was frigid earlier this week, and then today it was rainy and in the high 50s/low 60s. We''re supposed to get sleet/freezing rain tomorrow night. We''re hoping for at least a two hour delay (or a cancellation!) on Friday. The weather here can, and does, change drastically from day to day.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

This morning I did an easy hour on the dreadmill and two sets of arms. From a calorie standpoint I have NO IDEA where I ended up today. I ate a bunch of weird and random things (including part of a piece of carrot cake out for lunch with one of my clients, and then another one of my clients foisted some chocolate chip cookies on me when I showed up at her house to write a contract...
38.gif
).

Not much else to report. The goal for the next few days is to finish the holiday shopping, wrap everything, ship what needs to be shipped, and finish and mail the cards. Yah. And the souls in hell want ice water too.
20.gif
Wish me luck!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......I certainly slept better last night. I think I was exhausted after pushing so hard at the gym. It took me a while to even wake up to the alarm, so I know I really slept. Work was a typically long day. I didn't leave till well after 6. Charlie wound up working today, but he was off earlier enough to stop by the store and buy some chicken to bake and we had steamed veggies. We stepped our for a quick cup of coffee afterward. I only ate two pieces of chicken and all of the sudden I was hungry, so I popped a bowl of popcorn and we're watching Private Practice. I'm not in love with the show, but there just wasn't anything else worth watching we could find. Tomorrow's a typical 'uber' Thursday, with a nice long workout immediately after work.

Skippy, I'm sorry that guy kept getting too close to you. I'm glad the gym session took the odd situation out of your mind. Exercise cures so many things, even odd situations! I hope you got to walk today, even if it was cold out. YAY for being sore too!!

Thanks Marcy, I'm sorry you didn't sleep well either. I hope you get a great night's sleep tonight!

Kimberly, I'm sorry you caught the HLT sleepless bug. Sounds like you have an active day planned, which should help you sleep better tonight.

Sorry you missed your class lliang, but it sounds like you're going to maek up for it over the next few days!!

Thanks dragon! Yay for getting some Xmas shopping done. We're not buying much this year, but we will get a couple small things to have something to open on Christmas. I'll have to try a tall skinny cinnamon dolce!

Wow, loading straw sounds like calorie burning work Lorelei!!

What a great idea it was to have a webquest Zoe. Kids are so lucky to have today's technology at their disposal. And yes, I sure do hate it when I fall back asleep just in time to wake up. I'm sorry that happens to you too.......Our weather is pretty normal for this time of year in Tampa. Today, it was unusually warm though. I think the high was about 83 degrees and I wore a short sleeve shirt to work. It's going to cool back down starting tomorrow and Friday's high is going to be in the mid-60s! Yuck to ice and freezing rain
6.gif

I guess that's a wrap for today. I'll check in tomorrow night, but it will have to be a short check-in. Sleep well everyone
24.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All.

Rod, I did catch the bug. I was wide awake, and not ready to be. Busy days lead to restless nights for me sometimes. Hopefully I''ll sleep tonight. J, on the other hand, is coughing his head off and will probably have a rough night ahead, poor guy.

Zoe, I''m looking forward to our trip. And my parents just told me they want to send me and J somewhere in Feb. as a present for earning my M.Ed. So cool! We''re thinking a drive to Santa Barbara for a weekend. The scavenger hunt sounds too fun, and like it was quite successful, hooray!

Skip, glad you''re feeling your workouts, even though sore muscles can suck. I''m a bit of a hardass and I think the kids struggle a bit with that, otherwise I think they like me alright.

I went to the gym this afternoon, arms and cardio, then hung out with the kids. We went on a bike ride, a very slow bike ride. Ham and tater tots for dinner (I love tater tots!).

night all.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
35.gif
I am now officially finished with my campus class.
36.gif
Woo hoo!I ordered in a few pizzas for class tonight and had 2 pieces of Canadian bacon / pineapple and one cookie.I am going to go walk on the treadmill after I post here because it will warm me up.
I have amazing news on my lost merelani mint pendant.The jewelry store got in a 5 x 7 mm oval tsavorite because they couldn''t find a mint garnet and will mount it in another pendant.Based on the retail price of it they must have gotten a AAA stone.I only saw it briefly but it looks very nice.Once I get the call it’s ready to pick up I will really believe they are replacing it all for me.
9.gif

Kimi, I am right there with you on a bad night of sleep.I am shot after 2 nights in a row.Let’s hope we do better in slumberland tonight.I hope you and John get better soon.I think I am catching a cold too and am not happy about that at all.
Lliang, I hope your headache is better soon.Doesn’t time fly when you are having fun?
Dragonfly, all right for getting some serious Christmas shopping done.Did you need my address?Ha Ha.The portraits for your parents will be cherished by them; what a thoughtful gift.
Lorelei, loading straw sounds like a lot of work.Goldfish are yummy.
Skippy, isn’t it funny how your mind sometimes is behind where your body is?I still look at pants in a store and think – yay right those are going to fit and then they do.I love the holiday shows, I should have recorded the Charlie Brown Christmas on our bedroom DVR because I can play that one in our spare room to watch when I am on the treadmill.Too late now though.Rats. I didn’t sleep well last night either.Okay I admit it I was ready for bed by 10:45 but decided I HAD to paint my nails orange since I was wearing my spessartite ring to work today.So it was kind of my fault going to bed late but then I couldn’t sleep.Marty is out of town and I was hearing wierd noises.I hope I sleep well tonight.Sorry about that creep crowding in on you – I hate that.Some of us were at a bar one time and a guy was doing that to me – Marty was playing darts and didn’t notice but one of his friends did and was over there trying to get rid of the guy, I was very greatful to him because he stayed there until the guy got the hint and left.It is very uncomfortable.
Zoe, I just tell myself I must have eaten thousands of cookies over my life so it’s not like I need to eat more than one or two – I can always make them again some other time.I am glad the non believer went with the flow on your Santa project.I have a lab that is “build an alien” that you use a dice to determine different information and characteristics about your creature then take your results and create an alien.Some students for religious beliefs refuse to do that lab.I try to talk them in to doing it because it is kind of a fun and painless lab but sometimes they won’t.Our weather is now back in the 40’s with wind chills in the 20’s.Sunday we’ll be in the deep freeze again with snow.
DeeJay, LOL at the souls in hell wanting ice water.My list seems to be getting longer instead of shorter.If Christmas is 45 days away I am doing GREAT!
Rod, I am glad you slept well last night.I sure hope I do tonight.Having some popcorn and watching TV sounds fun.
Have a great Thursday.

Marcy

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone. This week has been an off week for me. I got an uber-cold that is not going away. I have had to cancel two of my training sessions this week. I am hoping to be better by Saturday but we will see. Being sick sucks. I am really tired but I can''t go to bed until I finish this Thera-flu crap. It works but it tastes horrible. I can''t wait until this weekend when I get to sleep in...
14.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Did a hard hour on the elliptical this morning but I think I might be getting a cold so it was pretty miserable. I was all sweaty/clammy in a weird way and my throat is scratchy. Damn!

The scale is being kind to me at 128 two days in a row now. One more half pound and I will reach that elusive minus 30!!!

Still debating what to do about an outfit for tonight. I suppose I could go over to State Street and try to find something this afternoon... but man, I really don''t want to do that...

Marcy, I was totally loving you for a second when you said Christmas was 45 days away--I was like, hey, I can do all this!--and then I realized what you were really saying!
39.gif

Gotta hop. Be back later!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Just a quick check in- I''ve been SWAMPED at work this week and have only been able to lurk here and there.

Nothing new to report with me- just sticking with bootcamp (we wrap up week 3 tomorrow), and i''m plugging away at the good eating. It''s super hard with all the Holiday celebrations going on... Zoe, I''ll have to remember your DH''s line about how having more won''t make it taste as good/better!

Our Office Holiday luncheon extravaganza is today- wish me luck!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Good afternoon ladies and gents. Well last night I did the portraits, they turned out very nice, and had to take my friend to Petco to get a crate so did that and met SO and dad for dinn at a local haunt. I had three chicken tenders. This morning I did 30 mins on the treadmill on incline again. It'' felt goooood and I burned 270 calories. Tonight I"m doing Jillian again.
Lorelei - what do you use straw for?
Skippy - Eewwww I hate creepies, glad you walked away!
zoe - lucky! you''ll have the perfect yoga teacher. It''s rainy here and turning cold
Dee- bad friend baaaaaad . LOL seriously though. Everyone has to indluge now and again. We can''t help it. We can catch right back up and one cookie or piece of cake is not going to cause a 5 lb increase. So why stress you know?
Rod - glad you slept better, I sure didn''t.
Kim - I love tater tots too
Marcy - YAY no class!
Museik - you''ll catch up, don''t worry!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends; I never went walking, Banana Republic was having 40% off yesterday only so I went to the mall instead and hubby parked super far away (he always does) so I got a little bit of walking in. hehe Today it is suppose to warm up to 50 degrees so for sure I will go walking this afternoon.
1.gif
Bummer I just realized I made plans with a friend a few mins ago for lunch but I wanted to go to the 12 noon muslce hours; opsies.

Hope everyone has a nice and healthy day
35.gif
There are blue sky''s here today, yay!!!

ZOE, that is too funny that little girl winked. LOL Cute story and what a fun teacher you are; what grade do you teach? I find it fun to cheer people and I know you and others do the same for me, thanks!!! Stay toasty!!! It is in the 50''s here, hopefully it won''t be windy when I go walking.

ROD, yay for sleeping better!!! I agree excercise does cure a lot for our over all mental and physical well being!! Yum to popcorn, have you tried the Healthy Pop, butter? It is super yummy!

KIMI, What grade are you teaching or are the kids various grades? Hope you feel better, hugs.

MARCY, yay for being done with class and kicking back! hehe I love Hawaiian pizza, I make it sometimes https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-to-do-with-thanksgiving-day-leftovers-hehe.100979/ hehe Good for you having 2 slices, that is awesome friend!!!!

MUSEIKCHIK, hope you feel better soon honey!

DEEJAY, woooo hooooo for 128, you skinny minny!!!
9.gif
The hamster wheel is awesome!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi DF! We use straw for horse bedding. I do have some on woodshavings but I do like a nice straw bed, very cozy!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dragonfly and Charger I was posting while you 2 were so I missed you ladies, woooo hoooo on the muscle workouts! Wooo hooo Lorelei on your workout too!!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei - we use straw for bedding when mares are going to foal. That''s it, because the prices here are outrageous. I use wood shavings for mine, only one lays down at night, so we keep his extra cushy.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2008 3:18:49 PM
Author: dragonfly411
Lorelei - we use straw for bedding when mares are going to foal. That''s it, because the prices here are outrageous. I use wood shavings for mine, only one lays down at night, so we keep his extra cushy.
I just paid a bit over $3 US per bale which is about average, a bale of shavings is now around $13 and is getting harder to source.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Drive by to say I am alive...and eating terribly
39.gif
40.gif
32.gif

Tomorrow is another day! And I am planning to get on the Fit tonight. Damage control!

Don''t have time to say hi to everyone individually, but I hope you guys are all having a great week!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2008 4:27:05 PM
Author: Miscka
Drive by to say I am alive...and eating terribly
39.gif
40.gif
32.gif

Tomorrow is another day! And I am planning to get on the Fit tonight. Damage control!

Don''t have time to say hi to everyone individually, but I hope you guys are all having a great week!
Hi Miscks!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Arggh -- it ate my post.

Marcy -- congrats on finishing your class! I love Hawaiian pizza too. The lab you do sounds fun and interesting.

Hi Museikchick! I hope you feel better soon.

Dee -- I hope you''re not getting sick. If so, I hope it''s one of those 24 hour bugs and not one that lasts and lasts. I hope you feel better!

Charger -- I hope you had fun at your holiday party. I''m glad you like my husband''s words of wisdom.
9.gif
It helps me anyway, most of the time.

Dragon -- you''ve got quite the work out regimine (sp?) going. Good for you!

Skippy -- blue sky -- what''s that?
9.gif
It''s been rainy here all day, and we''re getting sleet and freezing rain as well. I''m predicting at least a delayed opening tomorrow. We''re all hoping for a cancellation. I know we have Christmas break coming up but one more day won''t hurt. By the way, I teach second grade. I used to teach reading to grades K-4, and I''ve also taught first grade. I''ve been teaching second grade for 4 years now. It''s fun. My kids keep my on my toes. Something different happens every day. I have so many stories I could tell!
9.gif

Hi Lorelei and Miscka!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn't resist posting this. A friend of mine and I were out with the monsters today and he took some pictures to try out his new camera. Doesn't it look like I'm standing unsuspecting in a field, about to be attacked by a wolf, LOL!

ETA: Please forgive the goofy turned up jeans. I was trying to keep the bottoms dry in all that snow!

ETAETA: For some reason I can't get it any bigger...

wild dog 40001.jpg

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

Dee, that picture of you is amazing. You look like a model!

Skip, my kids at school are 3rd/4th, the social skills program is 6-12 year olds. Hope shopping was fun.

Marc, I sleep for 10-12 hours on Sat/Sun because I''m so wiped from my weeks; it''s nice to catch up!

So I went for a run today between jobs. I made it 3/4 of the way up the elusive hill. I will conquer it, I swear! We''re having chicken for dinner. I''m hungry! Good night everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results