shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 29th Dec till 4th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Lorelei, it''s good to be back
1.gif

Zoe, sorry to hear about the pain in your foot but YAY for working out inspite of it. I hear you about one meal at a time. We can do it!

ChargerGrrl, hope you''re getting over your cold. The holidays have a way of derailing good intentions but there''s always tomorrow to try to be better!

DeeJay, LOL about the girl at the gym with your iPod! I''m not ashamed, I big puffy heart Air Supply and have them on my iPod too
9.gif
No, we would never revoke your HTL card. Yay for getting back onto the hampster wheel today!

Steph, YAY for your new iPod and for finding new and creative ways to work out with Andrew.

Apple, good for you for getting in a workout during the day!

Hi Skippy! Yay for losing the pound you gained over the holiday! Have fun with your new Wii! Hawaii was nice, though we did a bit too much running around to see the sites. Took a helicopter ride over the volcano, which was really cool, as we flew over a "skylight" and saw the lava flowing under it. The snorkling was great, I floated a few feet from a sea turtle for five minutes! I have to sort through my pics but will try to post one or two...

Tacori, what is it about the holidays that makes us shovel food into our mouths? That''s pretty good that you only gained one pound. I think the average is six. YAY for new tennies! I hear you about wanting to look good in a swimsuit. My family and I are thinking about a trip to Costa Rica in April so I gotta get in swimsuit shape. I wasn''t terribly happy about how I looked in Hawaii over Thanksgiving.
15.gif

Merry, YAY for preparing your food plans before NYE.

Welcome, Holly! Like you, I carry my extra weight well and no one would call me fat but I know I need to shed some pounds.

Hi Linda!

Rod, thanks for your encouraging words. Sorry that work''s slow but at least you can enjoy some lunches at the mall. Oooh, your chocolate cake sounds wonderful. Enjoy, my friend, you deserve it!

Hi Marcy! Your dinner doesn''t sound that awful. You may have indulged a little but you definitely didn''t go overboard. Loved your holiday collage with Marty. You guys look so good and so happy!

Canuk, Happy New Year to you too! Hope the temps pick up soon for you.

Dragonfly, ooh, hope you feel better soon! I love your idea for squeezing in a little bit of fitness here and there.

Geckodani, looks like we''re back in the fold! I hear you about not being comfortable in your own skin. YAY for getting back into WI.

Hi Miscka! Good for you for joining the no sugar crowd!

Hope everyone''s having a good day!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
geck, I totally live by the "small steps" motto. That way it is a way of life and you are more likely to keep with it.

steph, since Andrew is older he probably likes it. She is kinda in attachment phase so...we'll see...

Dee*Jay, 30 flights! You are crazy. Haha. How long did it take you?

Rod, you seem to have really good self-control. Cake only once a year?!? If you like working out for 3 hours go for it! I am sure your body thanks you.

Skippy, yeah for babysitting! Wish I had someone to babysit T (or would get excited to!) You are a great aunt.

panda, PLUS I forgot I am in my sister's wedding in Aug. and those pictures last forever. Of course a BM's dress is MUCH more forgiving than swim suit. You can do it! April is enough time to lose/tone. How much is your goal? I probably would have gained more but I was sick twice this holiday season and lost weight both times.

BTW I could NEVER give up my sugar!!!
27.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2008 7:59:21 PM
Author: Linda W
Holly, how about a treadmill??? I am going to get off my fanny and use my daughters, when the weather is crummy outside.
Yup. DH is planning to drag his (slightly expanding) behind down to Sears, etc. to take a look at the offerings. We decided we would put a treadmill in the living room instead of replacing our love seat wtih the couch we could really use! Better use of our cash right now.
9.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
WOW- this thread is hopping!

YAHOO for two things:
1) I made it back to the gym this morning. Granted, I only did 25 easy minutes on the treadmill and stretched a bit, but it was something. Getting active also seemed to do wonders for my sniffing- I haven't popped a sudafed today.
2) I hit my mini-goal of losing 10% of my starting weight (from Oct. 6th). I'm down a total of 17lbs, so i actually passed my goal! I totally had to do a double-take when I weighed myself at the gym this morning. Looks like i didn't do too much damage over the Xmas holiday.

Other than that, i'm plugging away at work- just wrapping up some year-end stuff and trying not to snooze at my desk. I think I'm gonna walk over to the DSW in my office complex and treat myself to a pair of new shoes (and lunch)

Miscka,Linda, Skippy & Steph- I'll join the no-sugar bandwagon! Is there a set eating plan or some parameters you follow?

Skippy- I can't believe that the wii fit said you were 52- that doesn't sound right. i'm thinking of getting it for DH's bday next month. let me know what you think!
Geko- I think you made great dining-out choices
Rod- Too funny to see a post from you during the day. It really must be slow at work!
Dee Jay- Lately it seems like DH is popping open a bottle almost every eve. Cheers!
Marcy- don't let that wind blow you away, skinny lady!
Dragon- sounds like there's a bug going around- feel better, girl!
Zoe- So glad you liked that recipe. I'll think of you whenever I have jambalaya- i luv it too!
Panda- your Hawaii trip sounds fab! post pics when you can
Tacori- yep, small steps is the way to go! How's Miss T?

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
I was so excited about responding to everyone, I forgot to do my daily confession! LOL! Well, over the weekend, while I was at Costco, I got a case of V8 and whole wheat "alternative" bagels (they''re actually bagels but smaller, about 2/3 of the usual size, only 110 calories each and 8 grams of fiber, really tasty!). I''ve been trying to wean myself from my daily morning coffee habit, not because of the caffeine but because I love drinking it with lots of half and half. I decided to try V8. I have a girlfriend who''s on an 80% raw diet and starts her mornings with a fruits/veggies smoothie, made from her uber blender. I don''t have that kind of time so I thought having a 12 oz. can of V8 to get in some veggies. It''s only 70 calories a can, with 3 grams of fiber. With the bagel (no spread!), it''s a filling breakfast.

Even if I get my eating in check, I know I need to get back into a workout routine. I''ve been such a lazy bum! I''ll go...

Tacori, you can totally get into swimsuit shape by the summer and for your sister''s August wedding! My goal is at least 15 pounds. I just got off the phone with my brother and he says Costa Rica is definitely on for April. Plus, FI and I are thinking about getting married in August, somewhere tropical, so that''s another reason for me to get with the program. What''s your goal?

ChargerGrrl, YAY for getting back into the gym this morning and for passing your weight goal!
36.gif
Hope you find some cute new shoes!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Ok, Skippy. The last piece of fudge is officially out of the house....Andrew just ate the last of it. The only other sugary stuff I have is Andrew''s candy from his stocking and he would know if I took a piece of it, so I won''t be tempted. I still need to go for a grocery store run to stock up on sugar free jellos and gum! Yea for Linda joining in on our sugarbusters too!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Steph, I need to do this. After all of the goodies my daughter kept baking. Egad
39.gif
ON top of that, it isn''t good for my blood sugar.

Today she made a delicious chicken tortilla soup. I had a cup for lunch and it was low fat and really filling.

Yea Holly for getting a treadmill.
36.gif

I will check back in later on this evening.

LOL Tacori for not giving up sugar, I know it will be hard for me to do it. Please give precious Tessa a kiss from me.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Marcy, oh no...don''t blow away in that wind you skinny thing!!

Miscka, thank you so much. 1 treat a week sounds like a good plan. And I find that after about a week of no artificial sugar, fruit will satisfy that craving for sweets.

DeeJay, good work on the hampster wheel today!

Rod, sorry your day is going slow. It is a lovely day outside in Florida today!

Apple, good job on the workouts this week.

Panda, your Hawaii trip sounds lovely!

Tacori, you are right...Andrew would probably like to play with the other kids. When he was Tessa''s age, he had huge attachment issues!

Holly, great idea about the treadmill. That way, you can watch your shows while on the treadmill.

Charger, yea for hitting your 10% goal..that is awesome!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Linda, Yum...tortilla soup is my favorite soup. I''ve never attempted to make it homemade before.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back from Caribou and I'm thrilled to say my document is now fixed! Woo hoo PS gurus!!!

Panda, Air Supply lovers unite, LOL!!

Apple, yoga AND 30 mins on the hampster wheel -- you go girl!

Skippy, ha ha, if you're an old lady I'm positively ANCIENT!

Rod, sorry your day dragged on. What are you and Charlie doing for NYE?

Tacori, I don't know how long it took for me to do the 30 flights, but it felt like FOREVER, especially the last 10! (I hope I didn't make it sound better that it was though; I only WALKED up, definitely did not RUN!)

Holly, let me know what you find at Sears. A girlfriend of mine is looking for a treadmill too so if you see anything good I'll pass it on.

Charger, good for you for losing 10% of your starting weight--that's AWESOME!

Steph, getting the candy out of the damn house is 90% of the battle for me! Seriously, if we have left over "bad stuff" I try to take it right over to the guards in our gatehouse just so I won't be tempted.

Linda, I LOVE tortilla soup! The HH hasn't made any for a long time. Hmm... might be time to put in a request!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay...so my new tennis shoes are giving me blisters too...what am I doing wrong? I went on a walk with T since it is suppose to get colder.

Holly, we bought ours through the classifieds. Lots of people buy them and never use them so if you don''t mind used I would check there and Craig''s List.

CG, 10% is AWESOME!!! You should be proud of yourself. Tessa is good thanks for asking. She keeps me entertained.

Panda, it''s hard b/c my body is carrying weight different now. I have 5 lbs left to the weight I was when I got preggo. 10 lbs total will put me back to my weight when I got married. So I guess at least 5 lbs but probably not more than 10 lbs (if that makes any sense). When I look at my body I feel like I have more than 5 lbs of fat on me. It is very confusing!

Linda, I have to have SOME joy in my life! Haha. I just try to make smarter sugar choices than normal. I really love those dried fruit bars/strips from Trader Joe''s. Tessa has been giving more kisses lately (and some of them on her own). So sweet. Kiss and hug given from you to her!

Steph, she has gotten REALLY attached to her daddy. Every time he is around she will scream if he puts her down/takes her off his lap/walk out of the room. It''s annoying and I can''t wait for this stage to pass.

Dee*Jay, still walking up all those stairs was an awesome workout! Getting snow in Chicago?

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......It''s late, so this will be short(er), if I can even do short. I made it through the work day. I didn''t do much of anything, but I made it. Everyone in the office is having the same issues. Clients are working. Candidates aren''t reachable, so what''re we supposed to do? I left work earlier than I usually do, so I was at the gym by 6 and on the floor working out. I had my usual ''uber'' workout so it was good. I had to stop by the grocery store on my way home as there was nothing in the house or freezer for dinner. I bought a whole baked chicken and was so hungry, I ate 1/2 of it. I didn''t have anything else other than the chicken. I did have two pieces of Lindt Dark Chocolate for dessert. TOmorrow''s a half day, then I''ll go shopping for New Year''s meals AND my CHOCOLATE CAKE.......YAY!!!

So your new Wii thinks you''re middle ages Skippy? Boy, it couldn''t be more wrong. I''m not sure you''ll get much of workout from it, but it will be entertaining for sure. I haven''t had Indian food in a looooong time. I hope it was good. I''m sure you enjoyed your nephew this afternoon. You''re such a great Aunt!!

Yay for two days of exercise already this week apple!!

I wondered what happened to your confessional panda, so I''m glad you remembered to write it. Did you by any chance get the low sodium V8? Regular V8 is SO high in sodium. Otherwise, it''s a very healthy beverage.

Tacori, I''m with you. I''m afraid giving up sugar totally, is out of the question for me. Tennis shoes that fit correctly should NOT cause blisters. So, if they''re new, take them back. If you bought them at a chain store, get your money back. Then go to an independent store, the kind that runners go to and have them measure your feet and watch you walk and/or run to see what type of shoe will fit your particular gate. I suggested to Zoe earlier this week that it''s often necessary to get fitness shoes at least 1/2 size larger than your regular shoe size, as our feet tend to swell when we workout.

Holly, YAY for deciding to get a treadmill! Now, the trick is to actually use it, instead of treating it like modern art.........LOL

You go Charger!! WOO HOO is right for exceeding your goal and having lost 17 pounds. That''s something to be mighty proud of for sure!

Good luck on the sugar free experiment Steph! I know it''s something I couldn''t do myself, but applaud you, Skippyk Linda, and anyone else who''s joining with you!

Linda, I love tortilla soup. They have it at Panera and it''s one of my favorites!

I''m glad your document was fixed DeeJay. Typically, we don''t do anything on New Years Eve. But, this year, a young couple we know who are expecting their first child (Charlie works with her), asked us to go to dinner with them tomorrow night, so we''re going to Roys (where we went on Christmas Eve) and will have their Prix Fixe menu, which means limited, overpriced selections. I wish I could say I was really looking forward to it, but truth be told, I''m not. Once we''re there, I''m sure we''ll have a nice time. Our reservations are at 9 PM, so by the time dinner is over, we''ll come back to our place in time to see Fireworks over the bay.

It is hard to believe tomorrow''s NYE. A lot happened this year, but ti still went by too fast. I may or may not be able to check in tomorrow, but will definitely wish everyone a Happy New Years on Thursday at a minimum..........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
I walked 22 minutes on the treadmill before my foot said “Yo” so I stopped then.I will put ice packs on it tonight just in case it is thinking about getting sore.
I love seeing this thread so active.
1.gif

Tacori, I so agree mini goals are a great idea.I am not being sweet, you are tiny.We are our own worst critics.You are doing awesome!LOL about not giving up sugar.I am setting her thinking “Should I join the no sugar gang?”I look forward to my slow churned ice cream every night so it would be tough for me.If your shoes are giving you blisters they probably will never be comfortable.Can you take them back and exchange them?
Gecko, good plan to slowly get back to your routine as the week goes by.I was doing great today until one of my swing employees showed up with homemade cinnamon rolls.At least I took the smallest one and didn’t have seconds.

Steph, good luck finding a gym with a good day care. Thank you for calling me a skinny thing.It’s funny I do notice the wind knocking me around these days.
Miscka, I hope you had a good day.
DeeJay, my knees hurt just thinking about climbing all those stairs – but it is a great workout for you.I had to laugh during the movie "Mr and Mrs Smith" when Brad Pitt was singing along with Air Supply and he told her he liked it get over it.Marty gives me a hard time about listening to them all the time.
Rod, sorry that you had a slow day at work.I honestly would rather be busy at work than not.Woo hoo for picking up your cake.
3.gif
I am going to make homemade gingerbread for New Year’s and give the rest away after we enjoy a piece.

Skippy, we borrowed a Wii fit to try and I messed around with it for awhile but don’t know if I’d really like it or not.I have heard of a lot of people that do enjoy it though.I am sure you had a blast seeing your nephew today.
Appletini, yeah for getting in 2 days of exercise this week.Enjoy getting off at noon tomorrow.

Panda, your helicopter ride sounds marvelous.We did that in Glacier Park this summer and it was the highlight of the week for both of us.Thanks for the nice compliment about my collage.I will have to look for those mini bagels.Of course in my mind bagels are good for one thing – to hold cream cheese.
Holly, I hope your husband found a nice treadmill. We bought ours at Sears too.
ChargerGirl, congratulations for exceeding your weight goal. That is awesome!
36.gif
You and Steph made my day calling me skinny lady.Thanks.
Linda, the soup your daughter made sounds great.That is one of Marty’s favorites.
Have a great evening.Laters,
Marcy

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Marcy and Rod...I already took the tags off and wore them outside so I probably can''t return them. Plus I think DH threw the box away. Live and learn I guess. I thought about getting an insert. Still cannot believe it is almost 2009...life seems to fly by.

Rod, I am sure you will have fun. Usually when I am talked into doing something I don''t want to I always have a good time. I am so excited that you get your cake tonight!!!

marcy, mmmm...ice cream.
18.gif
I went back to see your photos and it is an AMAZING transformation!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tac, try rolling your workout socks down a bit over the ankle bones to make a bit of padding, it takes some of the pressure off.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! Quick check in. Today I am proud of myself for turning down breakfast sandwiches TWICE this morning and having oatmeal instead, and getting light cream and sugar in my coffee at Dunkin Donuts this morning. I make no promises about calories tonight! Champagne is not exactly low cal
11.gif

Last night I went shopping for a NYE outfit, and was actually happy with how things fit me. That alone should be good motivation to maintain, as opposed to the many depressing fitting room moments of the past.

Charger-I think my plan is just no processed sugar if I can help it. Not like I wont eat anything that has that as an ingredient but I am not going to eat desserts, etc. In the past that has helped me stop to crave those things. I saw your xmas pic with your hubby, and you look so fit! Congrats on the 17lbs that is really impressive.

Panda-I saw your DW thread, I cant wait to see what you end up with. I love DWs!

Dee*Jay-glad you got the document worked out!

Tacori-bummer about the shoes! I can''t believe I said Tessa''s first christmas...clearly I know it wasnt since we share a birthday!
20.gif
My friend has a niece close to Ts age, and her xmas pics were so cute. Its such a cute age.

Rod-I love lindt dark choc!!

Skippy I find the Wii Fit intimidating on the body analysis! Hahah! And I love the running, too. Ugh I need to get mine out! I also love Indian food. BF wants to have a special dinner tomorrow
30.gif
and I think we will try a local fancy place I have been meaning to try.

I hope everyone has a FANTASTIC and safe New Year''s Eve!!! Raise your glasses to a wonderful and healthy 2009!!!!
36.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone and Happy New Year!!!

This past week I was really bad with the working out. I didn''t manage to hit any yoga before my trip down to FL. Did no working out in FL. But I plan to start again in the new year. My sister and I are going to get another monthly pass for bikram and hit that as often as possible. On my off days I''m hoping to do some light weights or something. I still haven''t gotten around to joining a gym yet, I''m enjoying yoga too much. :) I don''t think I gained any weight but I didn''t loose any over the holidays. My weight''s been very stubbornly stuck @ 140. My parents both commented that I look like I lost weight, but I know haven''t.
7.gif
I think they might be trying to be nice since they know I''m getting married in October and have been trying to loose weight.

Glad to see this thread is so active.

Tacori & Panda, I''m sure you guys can get into swimsuit shape!!! It''s not swimsuit weather here till mid-June so I have plenty of time. But I''m going to need to start scheduling dress fittings and I want to loose all my weight by then (April). The goal is between 20-25 lbs.

Holly I''m glad you join HLT! Hope you get good use of the treadmill.

Tacori, I second Rod''s opinion of going to a *running* store. Just have them help you pick out one pair of shoes. After you know the size, brand, model of your shoe, you can get it from anywhere.

Miscka! Hooray for NYE outfit shopping. Glad you liked how things fit.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Today is 3 days in a row that I have exercised! This morning I did my 30 min walk/jog routine with my new sportswatch. When I got back to the house I did 15 min of abs, arms with the resitance band, and some stetching.

The rest of the day will be unhealthy since its NYE. I decided not to go to work today but will be meeting some co-workers at our favorite Mexican spot for lunch--a perfect way to end the year. Tonight is double date dinner party with my BFF and her DH, and we will be cooking a delicious menu: seared sea scallops w/ a meyer lemon relish, endive with pear, walnut, and gorgonzola, beef tenderloin, asparagus, potatoes au grautin, and finishing with chocolate pot du creme.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Apple that''s awesome way to ring out the new year!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE FRIENDS
emcocktl.gif
emotion-19.gif
Yay for 2009
36.gif
We should be proud of ourselves for all the healthy strides we made in 08, wooo hooo and the new ones to come! Cheers!!!!!!!

Well yesterday we didn't make it to the Indian place because hubby is still sort of sick, so today we are going for lunch.

Last night was so much fun building the train with my nephew and then after her left I did the running on the Wii fit. The running if fun
9.gif
and I will be doing it when the weather is bad outside; I will still continue to go the the gym for my muscle workouts.

A friend is have a party at her house but since hubby is a bit under the weather we will probably stay in and have some of the Raspberry beer I have been saving for tonight!! Yay!!!
41.gif
I probably will do the Wii jogging again to check out the other scenary in it.
emhot.gif

PANDA, oh I love the alternative bagel; the onion one is my favorite!! Oh that is wonderful you had a great time in Hawaii; it is so gorgeous there. I kept thinking about you have a great time, lucky duck! hehe Glad to see you back; I missed you! You are doing great!!

TACORI, ah, I would love to babysit Tessa too bad we don't live closer; she is so precious, plus I have 3 nephews and it would be fun tea or something girlie for once instead of legos. hehe Thanks for your sweet compliment; I hope I am a good aunt. I try. You are an awesome mom!!! Oh no to the tennis shoes, bummer. Sometimes if you get special socks they help; they sell them at the running store. Thritto everyone else on the running store, that is how I got my current shoes. best wishes.

HOLLY, yay for a treadmill! How are you sweetie??

CHARGER, yay for no sugar! Tomorrow it is on for me so I will check with you, Steph, Miscka, Linda and others. hehe WOOO 17 lbs, soo awesome
36.gif

STEPH, yay for no more fudge. Linda, Miscka, Charger, you and me are sugar busters. hehe Yay we can do it!

LINDA, see the note to Steph, we can do it! Yay for the tortilla soup, sounds delicious sweet friend!!! I am cutting it out because diabeties runs in my family.
15.gif

DEEJAY, is Caribou the coffee place; I went there when I was in Chicago, it is pretty cute with the woodsie theme. hehe You are not ancient, silly! Woo for the uber workouts girlfriend!!!

ROD, yay for your cake and yay for the uber workout!!!!! You rock, mr. hot bod rod!

MARCY, yay for the working, sorry about the foot, miss skinny minny!

LORELEI, happy NY friend!!

MISCKA, you are tiny, friend! The body analysis cracks me up for some reason; I guess I am use to getting on the scale at WW. Yum, what is your favorite Indian dish? hehe

LLIANG, happy NY; yay for more yoga in 09!!!!! You probably toned up; yay for the compliments!!!

APPLE, woo for 3 workouts!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE EVERYONE
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

Well, hubby is working swing shift. He should be home a little after midnight, so I can plant a big new years kiss on him when he walks in the door!!!

My daughter and her hubby are going to a party tonight, so it is just me and the grandboys tonight. We have party hats to wear, popcorn to make, sparkling apple cider and movies to watch. The three of us will have fun, like we always do.

Skippy: That is why I am giving up sugar too. I am pre-diabetic. I gave it up once, but fell off the wagon. UGH. This time I have to stick to it, with your help, Steph, Charger, and Miscka we all can do it. I remember you saying though, we can have sugar free pudding etc, is that correct??

Rod: I forgot to mention, I am so happy that your parents are moving closer to you and Charlie. That must mean a lot to them. Charlie is so sweet, to want to take them shopping too.

Have a Wonderful New Years Eve Everyone!!!!!!

Linda

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just did a vigorous half hour on the treddy, it is FREEZING in our little gym, if you can sweat and see your breath then you know you have worked hard!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Yay Lorelei! That''s great!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/31/2008 3:58:21 PM
Author: lliang_chi
Yay Lorelei! That''s great!
Thanks llaing!!

I was watching a very old movie too while I was on the treddy, Shampoo with Warren Beatty, Goldie Hawn and Julie Christie - it was a good film!

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Happy New Year Friends
35.gif

Let 2009 be filled with joy, peace, prosperity, and good health!

And may this be YOUR year for great exercise, healthy eating, and a newer better YOU!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Happy New Year all! May 2009 be a wonderful, healthy year for us all!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy NYE Everyone!

It was an absolutely do nothing morning at work. The minutes ticked my like hours. But, they let us out at noon, so at least I only had 1/2 day of trudgery! I went shopping for tomorrow's eats and got some pork tenderloin for Charlie and some roast beef for me. We'll have mashed potatoes and greenbeans with mushrooms. AND I DID GET "THE" CAKE, which I'm so excited to have. The gym is open tomorrow, so we may go in the afternoon, and then again, we may do absolutely nothing. I guess we'll see how we feel tomorrow. Our dinner reservations aren't until 9:15 tonight. I'm going to have to have a snack to keep me till dinner.

22 minutes is great Marcy. I hope you didn't hurt your foot. Like I said, soon we'll be reading how you spent an hour on the treadmill!! Happy New Year to the "Amazing Shrinking Woman" of the HLT from your friend, Rod!!

Tacori, even if you took the tags off and threw the box away, the store should take them back. It would be worth a try. I'm going to do my best to have a nice time tonight. The food should be good. I hope you have a great New Year!!

How terrific that you were happy with how clothes fit you Miscka! Exercise has such tangible and intangible benefits! Yay for turning down breakfast sandwiches and having oatmeal instead!!

I'm sure you'll be right back on track the beginning of the year lliang! Happy New Year to you too!

You go Apple!! 3 days in a row is great! And no worries about the rest of the day being unhealthy. It's a holiday and we should be able to enjoy ourselves.

I'm sorry hubby is still sick Skippy. Probably a good idea to stay home and enjoy a sip (well maybe more than a sip) of the Raspberry beer you've been saving. I'd rather do that than go out myself. Let us know how the Wii jogging went! You know I wish my Skippy the best the New Year has to offer. You're a sweetie for sure and your friendship and support means much to us all!

And a Happy New Year to you Linda. Thanks for the good wishes with my parents. I hope it's a good thing. Charlie will take good care of my folks for sure! I hope you and the grandboys have a wonderful New Years Eve tonight. I'm sorry hubby has to work a swing shift tonight.

Seeing your breath AND sweating is a sure sign that you worked out hard Lorelei. Shampoo was a funny movie and sure brings back memories.........LOL I wish you and all those you love, nothing but the absolute best in the New Year. Without you, we wouldn't have this community here on the HLT. So from me and all of your friends here, Happy New Year to our wonderful, kind, thoughtful and always encouraging Lorelei!!

Happy New Year to you too Jeff. I hope we get to see you here more often in the coming year. OK??!!
35.gif

And a Happy New Year to you too Steph. Please wish my best to Adam and Andrew!

I won't be able to check in again tonight, so I'm wishing all my friends here on the HLT a wonerful and safe New Years Eve and I truly hope the New Year brings everyone nothing joy, health (lot's of good health) and prosperity. I'm looking to continueing my journey to a better me and celebrating your successes too!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Just a quick drive-by post to wish everyone a healthy and happy New Year. Here''s to 2009!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Happy New Year to all my new friends in the HLT!

I am hoping I find much success this year. I have my ultimate motivation now. My fiance and I want to concieve. I haven''t had many periods over the last 4 years due to my huge weight gain. I know I need to lose weight and stimulate ovulation again. It''s scary and something I have been trying to avoid thinking about but a conversation with my FI tonight has made me determined to get this weight off.

I think this year is going to be filled with many tears of frustration. I have to do it though.

I just have to.

I think my future with my FI could be severely affected if we can''t have children and that makes me very sad. He''s basically told me he would rather we had children before we got married (don''t ask me why...we''ve been engaged nearly 5 years already and I am sick of excuses to not get married) and that we need to find out if we are both fertile as he doesn''t want to get married to me if we can''t have children. That''s more important to him thab marriage apparently.

I feel SO loved right now.
4.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new year''s eve all! Did a gentle hour on the dreadmill this morning and two sets of arms. Was going to do the stairs again but the backs of my calves are sore from yesterday so maybe tomorrow (or the day after!).

We''re headed out in about half an hour. Hopefully the cab situation won''t be too crazy and we can get to/from without too much hassle.

See you all next year!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results