shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 29th Dec till 4th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all!

Busy thread already. So nice to see every converging here for the new year.

That will be the start of my mission again. I have been rather bad this last week or so.

I am going to prepare my food plans before NYE then they are ready to go on New Year''s Day.

Steph - So sorry to hear the sad news. You are in my thoughts.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2008 6:39:36 PM
Author: Skippy123
Back from a 40 min walk; it is 45 degrees and cold to me. hehe
3.gif
I guess it is much colder elsewheres. Off to make spinach lasagna for dinner.
1.gif

TACORI, yay great to see you back and wooo for only gaining 1 lb; that is awesome!
9.gif
36.gif
I bet you did a lot of walking! Yay you only have a little bit too lose and I hear you on the toning! That is my new years resolution is more toning; I am so lazy about it! Thanks for the kudos dear friend; I missed you lots!!!

STEPH, awesome, okay that is the plan! Glad to have you as my partner! hehee Wooo to no sugar!!! I notice the more sugar I eat the more I crave so I am more than happy to join in!!!

Anyone else want to join the no sugar is welcome to join us just say the word and I will check with everyone to make sure they had no sugar. hehe

Okay, Skippy. But I think we need to have alternatives set up for when the cravings hit. I can think of sugar-free Jello and gum. Anything else come to mind?

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2008 6:57:26 PM
Author: merrymunky
Hello all!

Busy thread already. So nice to see every converging here for the new year.

That will be the start of my mission again. I have been rather bad this last week or so.

I am going to prepare my food plans before NYE then they are ready to go on New Year''s Day.

Steph - So sorry to hear the sad news. You are in my thoughts.

Thank you so much Merrymunky.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I think this is my first post over here on the Healthier Lifestyle thread. I need to become a fixture, ''cause I''m gonna need accountability, and some pep-talks as I tackle the issue of my weight this year.

Strangely, I carry my excess weight pretty well; and few people would call me that dreaded word: FAT. But I must be. I feel fat. The clothes are straining. And the scale doesn''t lie. And the number on that scale has gotten scary to me.
23.gif

So I''ve determined that I will be whipping this bod into shape this year.

We have certain holiday foods we are still enjoying at our house. But starting Jan. 1, we will have a cleaned out pantry and fridge just waiting for healthier fare. I have already started selecting restaurant foods from the ''better for me'' side of the menu. Portion control, limiting unnecessary fats and carbs, and getting more active are the things I need to concentrate on. I never was a snacker, or a soda drinker. I need to tweak my lifestyle and make it a permanent commitment.

Thanks in advance for your support.
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
STEPH, I love sugar free jello; the lime! How about sugar free gello w/cool whip or those 60 calorie jello puddings?

HOLLY, welcome! That is a great idea; do what you are comfortable with. Some people are out of sight out of mind (that is me) and others are okay with goodies in their home. Can you walk around during your lunch hour, even 15 mins? eta: You can do it!!! This group is a bunch of great cheerleaders for each other!

MERRYM, great to see you!!! Yay for a new year!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Steph, I am so sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for you and your husband.

SKIPPY: Please count me in on the NO Sugar!!!! I need to do that also. I need to get back into shape. I over did it with my daughters delicious baking for the holidays
14.gif
39.gif
23.gif

Hi everyone
35.gif

Marcy and Rod: I am so glad you had a wonderful Christmas.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda, I hear you! hehe You are on! No sugar Jan 1 along w/ Steph and I and who ever wants to join or even wants to do a modified version .
1.gif
Hope you had a fab holiday friend!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2008 7:46:58 PM
Author: Skippy123
STEPH, I love sugar free jello; the lime! How about sugar free gello w/cool whip or those 60 calorie jello puddings?

HOLLY, welcome! That is a great idea; do what you are comfortable with. Some people are out of sight out of mind (that is me) and others are okay with goodies in their home. Can you walk around during your lunch hour, even 15 mins?

MERRYM, great to see you!!! Yay for a new year!
Absolutely, I can walk at lunch, and I will. Even if I didn''t go anywhere, I could do it on our parking lot. About Feb, the weather will be mostly nice; even today it was perfect hoofing weather. LOL -- that''s what I should have done today! It''s a little difficult at home in our neighborhood right now; it is ''cedar season'' when they turn orange and spew pollen, and I''m horribly allergic. Breathing in cedar stuff would be deadly, so we won''t go for walks from our house until close to Feb.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2008 7:56:50 PM
Author: HollyS

Absolutely, I can walk at lunch, and I will. Even if I didn't go anywhere, I could do it on our parking lot. About Feb, the weather will be mostly nice; even today it was perfect hoofing weather. LOL -- that's what I should have done today! It's a little difficult at home in our neighborhood right now; it is 'cedar season' when they turn orange and spew pollen, and I'm horribly allergic. Breathing in cedar stuff would be deadly, so we won't go for walks from our house until close to Feb.
Great sounds like a plan!!! Yay, you can do it! I hear you on the allergies!
14.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holly, how about a treadmill??? I am going to get off my fanny and use my daughters, when the weather is crummy outside.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Before i get into anything, my first words must be for you Steph. I missed you and when I saw your Avatar, I was glad to see that you had popped in. Then I read your post and I felt so sad. It must have been devastating to say the least. I''m sure you and Adam will have another child when the time is right. Just know that I along with all your HLT friends have you and Adam in our prayers and I hope you can feel the cyber hugs that we all send to you. I''m glad you''re getting back into working out and running. That will most surely help you keep your spirits high. Anyway, I''m glad you''re back. You have been missed.

Hey Everyone. It was a long and kind of boring day at work. To little was really going on. Most of us had difficulty finding enough to keep us busy. The little cafe in our building was closed, so I actually went the mall for lunch, which was kind of fun. I met Charlie for sushi at favorite sushi place #2 which was fun as usual. Otherwise, it was a pretty nothing day. Tomorrow will be my typical "uber" long Tuesday, with a 3 hour workout immediately after work.

As usual Lorelei, you hit a home run with this week''s opener. It does a real committment to make life long changes, yet we''re human and we slip. The trick is to get back on the horse and not beat yourself up if (when) we stray. Anyway, thanks for starting us off on the right foot for the New Year!

Marcy, we were wondering what new "treats" the new year will bring. we''ve had enough changes for a whiloe, I''m voting for a calm year, but one never knows. For sure, I will continue to workout, eat healthy and do all I can to continue on what I started over 3 years ago, when "Rebuild Rod" began! I''m glad you''ll still be on your journey too!

Hey gecko......welcome back!! No sneaking necessary. Come on in and stick around!

Yay for choosing the yoga lessons over the massages Miscka! I''m sure 2009 will be a great year for you healthwise!

And no sneaking in for you either panda.......It''s good to see you and know you''re picking yourself back up!

Happy New Year to you and your family Sharon! Wishing you all the best in the coming year(s)!!

I''m sorry your foot hurt after 15 minutes Zoe, but like you said, it''s 15 minutes more than you did yesterday! I remember that you were having some pain issues with your foot. Did you go see the doctor (preferrably a podietrist) about it?

Sorry you got a cold Charger. Feel better and don''t worry about feeding your cold. Don''t they say feed a cold, starve a fever? I hope you''re feeling well enough to go the gym tomorrow.

LOL about Air Supply DeeJay!!

Wow, that''s something that you could just disappear and go workout during the day apple. And a free PT session........COOL!

I''m glad you''re feeling betgter and you were able to go for a walk Skippy. Sounds like you had a good time at lunch and it is nice to catch up with people. I hope hubby feels better soon. Thanks for the kind owrds about my parents. It''s been a long time since we lived in the same town. I''m hopefull it will be a really good thing for them and us..........

Hey Tacori.....I''m sure you''ll look great in a swimsuit by the time swimsuit season is here!!

Merry, I''m sure 2009 will be a wonderfully healthy year for you!!

Welcome to the HLT HollyS!! I hope you''ll find great inspiration here.

Thanks Linda! I hope you had a wonderful holiday too and the new year brings you nothing but wonderful health and happiness!

I guess that does it for tonight. I''ll check in tomorrow night after my workout.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG. If you people knew what/everything I ate today (for no good reason whatsoever!) you would revoke my HLT card. Ack! Tomorrow is a new day...
38.gif

ETA: And just for good measure the HH just popped open a bottle of wine.
39.gif

At least we gave the two boxes of truffles we had in the house to the guards at our gatehouse so I wouldn't be tempted by those any more!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee, you are so darn thin, I wouldn''t worry anyway!!!!
9.gif
You look fantastic!!!!!!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good evening.
35.gif
It’s great to see so many of you back this week.
36.gif

I did great on food until we went to dinner tonight.I had salad with low fat dressing, 2 bread sticks, 4 cheese raviolis and one glass of wine.Neither one of us wanted to cook tonight.
14.gif

Hi Lorelei!
No worries Gecko, that’s about what I am like with hot cookies coming out of the oven.It’s not like we do that ALL the time.
Miscka, alcohol and New Year’s do go together so enjoy yourself.After my escapade the other night though I think I’ll have coke.
9.gif
Thank you so much for the lovely compliment about my collage and Marty and me.You have great goals for the New Year.
Steph, I am so sorry to hear your news.Hugs to you and Adam.
emrose.gif

Panda, I hope you had a blast in Hawaii.This time of year is tough.I have to give credit to Lorelei for saying “pick yourself up and start again” but I so agree with you and the philosophy.
Sharon, has the snow melted yet or did you get more?
Zoe, sorry to hear your foot started hurting in 15 minutes.I hope it gets better.My foot has been hurting off and on the last few days.I am pretty sure I twisted it when I fell.I think I might walk 10 minutes tonight to see how it does.Enjoy some leftover turkey for me.
ChargerGirl, sorry to hear you got sick.I hope you feel better soon.We are down to 2 cookies a piece in the freezer. Those will come out on New Year ’s Day then they are all gone.Thank you so much for such a nice compliment.It is quite a contrast.
DeeJay, I have Air Supply on my IPOD too.Thank you for the kind words about my success.No worries about revoking your HLT card (hmm we need to make those) you are too funny and as Linda said you are so darn thin.
Appletini, that is great you can go to the gym while “working” and how great to get some new tips from the trainer.
Skippy, congratulations for getting that pound back off.Sorry to hear your husband and father are sick now.I hope they get better soon.What a nice and well deserved compliment that your friend paid you.I am glad you like our photo.
Tacori, you’ll lost those last few pounds in no time and you already look great in a bathing suit - you are tiny.I hope your new tennis shoes feel great on your feet.I appreciate you saying that you are proud of me; I am pretty pleased with myself.
MerryMunky, good idea to get your food plan ready for the New Year!
Welcome HollyS! You’ve already got some solid plans on adjusting your lifestyle to make the change to a healthier you.Good luck on whipping your bod in to shape.I understand on allergies – they are such a pain!
Linda, at least all the delicious baking at this time of year is more special because we don’t have it all the time.Now I only bake for holidays, company or birthdays.
Rod, I am glad you had a quiet day at work. My day was long and busy but I am looking forward to next week when we are back to full staff.The girl that helps me the most is out all week because she has her 7 month old baby in the hospital with RSV.Poor little thing is wheezing pretty badly.I agree that a quiet and calm year will be nice and I’ll be right there with you next year continuing to work on living a healthier life. Yeah for us! Yeah for all of us!
36.gif

Well, I am off to do a mini session on the treadmill.
See you later.
Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy, it doesn''t sound like you did bad at all!!! I love bread sticks, yum!! Enjoy your walk!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Skippy, I will. It will warm me up too.
1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Howdy ya''ll! We have had record snowfalls this month--and very cold temps. Rather unusual--so no outdoor activity other than shovelling snow. In fact, I have been rather lazy with my exercising this month
6.gif
...but I know once Jan rolls around and school is back, I will get into the old scheme of things.

Happy New Year folks!

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/29/2008 7:39:25 PM
Author: HollyS
I think this is my first post over here on the Healthier Lifestyle thread. I need to become a fixture, ''cause I''m gonna need accountability, and some pep-talks as I tackle the issue of my weight this year.

Strangely, I carry my excess weight pretty well; and few people would call me that dreaded word: FAT. But I must be. I feel fat. The clothes are straining. And the scale doesn''t lie. And the number on that scale has gotten scary to me.
23.gif

So I''ve determined that I will be whipping this bod into shape this year.

We have certain holiday foods we are still enjoying at our house. But starting Jan. 1, we will have a cleaned out pantry and fridge just waiting for healthier fare. I have already started selecting restaurant foods from the ''better for me'' side of the menu. Portion control, limiting unnecessary fats and carbs, and getting more active are the things I need to concentrate on. I never was a snacker, or a soda drinker. I need to tweak my lifestyle and make it a permanent commitment.

Thanks in advance for your support.
2.gif
Welcome to the thread Miss Holly!
35.gif

You can totally do this, and I promise you it will be worth it and even an enjoyable procedure at times! It sounds like you are totally on the right track to begin too, well done!

ROFL at Air Supply Dee!!
9.gif
I thought they just did ballads though?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Gosh guys, I''m sorry I wasn''t here yesterday! I feel like I''ve missed a lot, and I''ll have to catch up with everything later. I''m sick as a doooooooooooooooooog right now, going to the doctor a little later. I just wanted to say that Lorelei''s opener was fantastic, and a great thought provoker for all of us. If we just take a look at each day, can we fit in a little bit of time for our fitness? What about jumping jacks during commercials? Squats while doing laundry? Any little bit will make a difference. I think everyone should take some time to think about what end result they want to see, how hard they''re willing to work for it and think of things you can do, even if it''s 2 minutes a day, to help make that difference.

For now... I''m not working out.... I''m going to go be a sick person.... hopefully I''ll survive work today, but we shall see. Sigh.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, this thread is moving quickly already!

Charger -- you''re awesome! How''d you know that I love jambalaya?
9.gif
I''ll definitely have to look into that recipe a bit closer. Thanks for the link!

Dee Jay -- What a funny story! Did you know the person you lent your iPod to? I hope so!

Appletini -- that''s great that you have a gym at work. It must make it so much easier to get a work out in during the day.

Skippy -- I hope you had fun on your walk yesterday. It was 43 degrees here yesterday and I was COLD! In these parts, that''s not even cold, but I couldn''t get warm. I can''t wait until it''s in the 70s again. That won''t be for quite a while though.

Tacori -- it sounds like you had an *interesting* time at your in-laws. I lurk in the mommies thread, so I''ve been reading about your time with them recently. What a pain! I KNOW you''ll lose the last 5-10 lbs! I''m glad you like your new sneakers. It''s funny how little things like that can make such a difference and make someone more motivated.

Hi MM and Holly! You can do it!

Hi Linda! I''m proud of you and the others who are going to try staying away from sugar. Good for you!

Rod -- what kind of sushi do you and Charlie like? I always stick to tuna or salmon rolls (with cucumber and occasionally avacado) because I know I like them. I should venture out and try other things too. About my foot -- yeah, it''s been bothering me for quite a while. I went to a podiatrist and he fitted me for new othodics. I had gone to a different doc who fitted me for a pair but this new doctor said that they weren''t done correctly. Sad to say, but this pair isn''t doing anything either. It''s a weird pain -- it starts at the arch and them radiates toward my toes. It leaves my toes with that tingling/numb feeling right before pins and needles set in. Then it just hurts! It''s a pain to deal with, because I want to become a runner so badly! I love the idea of running, but I''m not there yet. With this foot issue, it might just not become my thing though.

Marcy -- about the turkey: all that''s left is dark meat and I don''t eat it. I can send some your way (or Dee''s!) if you want. Your dinner sounded really good, especially the ravioli and bread sticks! I''m a total carbaholic!

Hi Sharon -- happy new year to you!

Hi Lorelei and Dragon! I hope you feel better Dragon!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good morning HLTers! The sun is out and we have clear, beautiful skies here today. Adam is traveling quite a bit these days, so I have to be creative as to how and when I can workout with Andrew. Santa brought him a new bike, so I am going to take him up to the park in our neighborhood and let him ride as I jog along and then probably do some weights and jumprope when we get home. Hope everyone has a great day!

Skippy, I will stock up on SF Jellos and Puddings. I think that and gum will get me through my sugar cravings. I am with you, the more I eat sugar, the more I crave it!

Holly, Welcome! This is a great place for support. Good to see you here!

Linda, thank you sweetie. Hope you had a great Christmas with your grandsons:)

Rod, you are so sweet and thank you for your lovely words. You are right that exercise is great for clearing the mind and keeping spirits up. I hope you and Charlie had a wonderful holiday!

DeeJay, no worries...we won''t revoke your card! Everyone deserves a treat now and then!

Marcy, thank you for your kind words. Good to see you!

Sharon, I think shoveling snow burns tons of calories, so no worries!

Dragonfly, hope you feel better.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning!
Sharon, January 5th is when I am getting back to work on school and my routine will be back in full force.Stay warm.
Hi Lorelei!

Dragonfly, get better soon.
Zoe, my husband loves jambalaya too.I’ll pass on the turkey since it doesn’t agree with me.Carbs rock!
3.gif

Steph, jogging along while Andrew is riding his new bike sounds fun.Enjoy that nice weather – we are having wind gusts here in the 60 mph today.I think I’ll stay inside.
Oh well, we are off to work!
Have a great day.
35.gif

Marcy

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holly, you CAN do this! The great thing about this thread and I know I for one have fallen off the wagon more than once but the support I get is positive and encouraging no matter what! We all have control (for the most part) of our bodies. It is exciting when you start to see changes and realize things you are doing are WORKING. You will get there. Set a realistic goal. I also set mini goals which seem to help my motivation.

Rod, You and your 3 hour long workouts! You are the picture of health.

Dee*Jay, exactly. Tomorrow is always a fresh slate.

marcy, you are sweet but my spare tire is NOT cute! Haha. I do NOT carry ANY extra weight well. Just looks like fat. hope your foot feels better!

Canuk, I am sure things will get back to normal when the kids go back to school for sure. Besides shoveling is VERY good exercise!!!

dragon, hope you feel better soon!

Zoe, thanks! I feel guilty that I always complain about my MIL but I really have no one I can vent to (and I am a person that needs to vent!!!) I am curious to see when she brings up the juice issue again. So very odd. The tennis shoes are super cute too! (I am such a girl). Haha. Sorry to hear about your foot. What a PITA!!! Hope it gets better soon.

steph, totally hear you on working out with a kid. Our YMCA DOES have free childcare but I am worried since it is flu season (she puts EVERYTHING into her mouth). Plus she has never been so I get worried about how she will react. I think they have a 10 min. policy where they will let them cry and them come and get you if they can''t calm the child down in 10 mins (or so). I guess it depends on who is working. Luckily it is still in the mid 60s today and my neighborhood is hilly so I try to go on walks everyday (more like every other though).

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Man this thread moves FAST! LOL!

Thanks for the warm welcome back all, I appreciate it! My goal is to track this week without going crazy, slowly cutting out the bad and adding in the good. It's ON as of Saturday, which is my official WI day. Went to dinner with friends last night, got whole wheat pasta and passed on the wine. Small steps, right? :)

ETA: I'm not comfortable in my own skin anymore. Shouldn't that be motivation enough?
14.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2008 9:32:02 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Holly, you CAN do this! The great thing about this thread and I know I for one have fallen off the wagon more than once but the support I get is positive and encouraging no matter what! We all have control (for the most part) of our bodies. It is exciting when you start to see changes and realize things you are doing are WORKING. You will get there. Set a realistic goal. I also set mini goals which seem to help my motivation.

Rod, You and your 3 hour long workouts! You are the picture of health.

Dee*Jay, exactly. Tomorrow is always a fresh slate.

marcy, you are sweet but my spare tire is NOT cute! Haha. I do NOT carry ANY extra weight well. Just looks like fat. hope your foot feels better!

Canuk, I am sure things will get back to normal when the kids go back to school for sure. Besides shoveling is VERY good exercise!!!

dragon, hope you feel better soon!

Zoe, thanks! I feel guilty that I always complain about my MIL but I really have no one I can vent to (and I am a person that needs to vent!!!) I am curious to see when she brings up the juice issue again. So very odd. The tennis shoes are super cute too! (I am such a girl). Haha. Sorry to hear about your foot. What a PITA!!! Hope it gets better soon.

steph, totally hear you on working out with a kid. Our YMCA DOES have free childcare but I am worried since it is flu season (she puts EVERYTHING into her mouth). Plus she has never been so I get worried about how she will react. I think they have a 10 min. policy where they will let them cry and them come and get you if they can''t calm the child down in 10 mins (or so). I guess it depends on who is working. Luckily it is still in the mid 60s today and my neighborhood is hilly so I try to go on walks everyday (more like every other though).

Tacori, I know exactly what you mean. Adam and I are checking out gyms with childcare. Andrew goes to school just fine, but I''m not sure how he would react to a different teacher everyday and all. And there is the sick thing. He hasn''t been sick in years (knock on wood) so I wouldn''t want him to catch all kinds of things, but I do need to be working out more often so we''ll see. I think I might use their free pass to just check things out.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
OK so I am thinking of joining this no sugar bandwagon. Like you, Steph, I notice that I want more when I eat it. Hmmmm. I think I will allow myself 1 treat a week? Maybe? And of course, fruit for natural sugar.

Steph I am so sorry for your loss.

Just running through today, hope everyone is doing well!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Did a hard hour on the hampster wheel this morning and then--just for kicks--I climbed to the top of the high rise and back down in the stairwell, 30 stories. Now THAT was a thrill, let me tell you!
3.gif

Off to do some work. I got some generous PS Word help with a document last night and now I need to go and finish fixing it.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know it's slow, if I'm writing from work. This morning is dragging on painfully. It's almost lunch time and since the deli in our building is closed, I'm heading out to the mall again. I was able to order two slices of chocolate cake for New Years, so at least I'm having the cake I had waited all year to have.......YAY! Am going to the gym right from work, and that always make me feel better. I'm just kind of occupying space today and don't like feeling useless.

Zoe, we eat a variety of sushi, but usually only rolls with fresh tuna or salmon (and different varieties of tuna at that). I usually avoid tuna's that are ground up and put back together with spicy mayo (like spicy tuna rolls). I think I'd eat a turd (sorry for the graphic) if it was wrapped in tuna! LOL! We go for rolls that have multiple ingredients, often with citrus or mango included. I like things really spicy too. I use gobs of wasabi directly on each piece. I use low sodium soy sauce very sparingly. I was thinking about your foot issue. I honestly am wondering if your shoes are the wrong size. I used to get foot pain and tingling in my toes, until I got shoes that were the right size. My regular shoe size is 10.5. I have to buy fitness shoes that are at least 11 or 11.5 (depending on the brand) in order to not have any foot pain. When we exercise, our feet sweat and swell. This may be happening to you. It would be worth a visit to a really good athletic shoe store to have them measure you and help you get fitness shoes that may resolve your foot issues. Just a thought........

Marcy, your dinner didn't sound over the top to be honest. I would have still been hungry if that's all I'd had for dinner. So no worries my dear!

Sharon, I imagined you'd had lot's of snow. Look's like you've a long winter ahead of you this year. Stay safe and warm, OK?

I'm sorry you're sick dragon. You should have a "I'm not feeling well day" for sure. Have some chicken noodle soup. It cures all ills!!

Enjoy the day outside Steph. It is splendiferous in Florida today. I resent being stuck inside..........

Thanks Tacori. I'm probably overdoing it with my 3 hour workouts. But, I'm rarely in pain and just keep having to add new and different things to continue making progress.

Small steps are good gecko!! Glad to have you back!

You've got to give yourself a treat every now and then Miscka. It took me a long time to realize that I wouldn't fall apart if I allowed myself something fun!

WOW, for climbing 30 stories DeeJay!! GO DEEJAY GO!!!

OK.......I'll check in tonight after my workout. Hope everyone's having a good day!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all!!!! We got the wii fit for Christmas and it said I was 52 and if I had troubles walking? Hello! I think it was because I wasn't following the directions; hubby was giving me a hard time that I was his old lady
11.gif
25.gif
Anyone have the Wii fit? It looks fun but I am wondering can you get a a good intense workout?

Today I am going to eat Indian food at this great little Indian restaurant where the wait staff is great, the place is pretty and the food is delicious! I hope they don't have those honey soaked donut holes, eeek! I love there chicken. I bought my sister a gift cert to a restaurant for her bday so they are going out tonight and I get to babysit the nephew
16.gif
It always makes my day to see that little guy and he will bring his trainset over so we can play!

Before he comes over I am going for a walk; I was planning on going to muscle hour tonight but that is out since i agreed to watch him. Anyone is welcome to join Steph and I on the sugar thing. hehe HOPE EVERYONE HAS A FABULOUS DAY
emhot.gif

JEFF are you out there?? Any biking?

LINDA, hi there gorgeous!!!

ROD, sorry it is so slow!!! Nice to see you during the day! hehe Yum to sushi no 2! Wooo for the uber workout!

MARCY, yay for your walk! eeek, 60 mph, no fun. Stay warm friend!

SHARON, I hear you in the lazy dept; I have been that way because it is cold. I am getting back into the swing now. hehe Yay for the workout, shovelling is hard work!!! Happy new year!!!

DRAGON, oh no, you poor sweetie, sorry you are sick
15.gif
I hope you feel better soon! Rest, hugs!

ZOE, that is cold; we are suppose to warm to 50 today. I hope we do because I love being outside; I miss the warm weather walks. Hope the foot feels better; I went to a physical therapist and he made me insoles and they were handmade and if they didn't work her would remake them because I had knee problems. I wish you lived here so he could make you some, sorry about the foot.

STEPH, excellent idea on the jogs while Andrew plays! You are very inspiring to me with your runs, not sure if I told you that but I always thinks I want to be like Steph on her runs, someday! Yay to no sugar come new year! How is adorable Andrew?

TACORI, hi friend! Glad you are back! ugh, I too would be scared of the Y toys and kids getting sick.

GECKO, yay good to see you; you can do it!!! hugs!

MISCKA, yes, join Steph and I we are starting New Years day! Wooo for the run, awesome!

DEE, woo, that is awesome!!

LORELEI, howdy!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
So far I''ve gotten two days of exercise this week. During lunch I went to yoga downstairs and afterwards did 30 min on the ellipitical. I haven''t decided if I''m going to work tomorrow, originally I put in for vacation but we have early dismissal at noon. There is another front coming in tonight but I am planning to do my walk/jog routine tomorrow even if it is chilly.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results