shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 11th August till 17th August

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hi all! Happy Friday. So last night I had a burger on whole wheat with mustard and onion and steamed vegetables. I rarely eat red meat if ever, but I''ve experienced symptoms of anemia lately so decided to indulge just this once. I''m down another half lb today! YAY. Last night I went for a half hour power walk and did half hour of yoga today, then did 100 jumping jacks before bed. This morning I got up and did an abdominal ball workout with 2 min cardio bursts between each move, then followed it up with some kick boxing. I also am now checking mail at work so get to walk some in the day AND I''m feeding the animals in the morning, which adds extra walking in the morning. Eating is good other than the hamburger (which really wasn''t that bad when you consider). I won''t be on this weekend, as we''ll be out of town. Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Skippy - A big huge congrats from me!
Dee Jay - consistency is key, that 1 hour burned lots of cals I bet
Something shiny - hope he feels better!
Rod - 3 hours of workout YIKES?!

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
What is up, folk?

Nothing new to report here except that I'm now running 3 miles instead of 2 on my morning Treddy O' Doom routine. At some point earlier this week I told myself that 2 miles ain't gonna cut it anymore.

Stairmill remains the same: 23 (not 22, not 24...) minutes of climbing to the stars. I'm mostly in castle turrets in Ireland, now, if anyone's following along.
41.gif
The weather is great there for turret-climbing, I've heard. What with the mists on the moors and so on and so forth...BUT I DIGRESS.

35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/15/2008 2:58:08 PM
Author: Julianna
What is up, folk?

Nothing new to report here except that I'm now running 3 miles instead of 2 on my morning Treddy O' Doom routine. At some point earlier this week I told myself that miles ain't gonna cut it anymore.

Stairmill remains the same: 23 (not 22, not 24...) minutes of climbing to the stars. I'm mostly in castle turrets in Ireland, now, if anyone's following along.
41.gif
The weather is great there for turret-climbing, I've heard. What with the mists on the moors and so on and so forth...BUT I DIGRESS.

35.gif
THERE you are Miss Julianna!
35.gif
Glad you have good weather for your turrety climbing!
11.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 2:58:58 PM
Author: Lorelei

What is up, folk?

Nothing new to report here except that I''m now running 3 miles instead of 2 on my morning Treddy O'' Doom routine. At some point earlier this week I told myself that miles ain''t gonna cut it anymore.

Stairmill remains the same: 23 (not 22, not 24...) minutes of climbing to the stars. I''m mostly in castle turrets in Ireland, now, if anyone''s following along.
41.gif
The weather is great there for turret-climbing, I''ve heard. What with the mists on the moors and so on and so forth...BUT I DIGRESS.

35.gif
35.gif
Hey Lor! Always reading; most of the time attempting not to bore anyone silly with my mundane life.
9.gif

Glad toofhole is healing....ewwwwie. Nothing like a little toof seepage to brighten one''s day, I always say.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/15/2008 3:00:47 PM

What is up, folk?

Nothing new to report here except that I'm now running 3 miles instead of 2 on my morning Treddy O' Doom routine. At some point earlier this week I told myself that miles ain't gonna cut it anymore.

41.gif

35.gif
35.gif
Hey Lor! Always reading; most of the time attempting not to bore anyone silly with my mundane life.
9.gif

Glad toofhole is healing....ewwwwie. Nothing like a little toof seepage to brighten one's day, I always say.
YOU DO NOT BORE ANYONE, we love to read your posts!! So there!!
16.gif

Yep toofhole is healing now, it was seeping like crazy at first, really really revolting.....
emdgust.gif
emotion-41.gif
You were right though, actually having it out wasn't too bad....

I have to go back though, apparently my bloody root canal STILL isn't finished!
39.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 3:05:28 PM

Date: 8/15/2008 3:00:47 PM

What is up, folk?

Nothing new to report here except that I''m now running 3 miles instead of 2 on my morning Treddy O'' Doom routine. At some point earlier this week I told myself that miles ain''t gonna cut it anymore.

Stairmill remains the same: 23 (not 22, not 24...) minutes of climbing to the stars. I''m mostly in castle turrets in Ireland, now, if anyone''s following along.
41.gif
The weather is great there for turret-climbing, I''ve heard. What with the mists on the moors and so on and so forth...BUT I DIGRESS.

35.gif
35.gif
9.gif

Glad toofhole is healing....ewwwwie. Nothing like a little toof seepage to brighten one''s day, I always say.
YOU DO NOT BORE ANYONE, we love to read your posts!! So there!!
16.gif

Yep toofhole is healing now, it was seeping like crazy at first, really really revolting.....
emdgust.gif
emotion-41.gif
You were right though, actually having it out wasn''t too bad....

I have to go back though, apparently my bloody root canal STILL isn''t finished!
39.gif
Dentists, in my opinion, are somewhat like veterinarians. You kinda have to believe what they tell you, because you''re not really sure yourself about how things work, but you really want and need things to turn out right. In the vet''s case, it''s sort of a "Well we THINK your cat has a blood clot, based upon this $500 muscle test we ran, but a further $500 echocardiogram would REALLY cement the notion". In the dentist''s case, it''s more of a "No, really, a root canal takes 15 visits, what you''ve heard so far has been wrong".
40.gif

No offense to the vets and dentists among you (if there are any), I am speaking merely from my own sad, frustrating experiences.
1.gif

In any event, I shall be mighty elated when said dentist is finished poking around in your mouth for a good long while.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei -- I''m sorry you have to go back to the dentist again. I''ve never had a root canal but I can only imagine what it must be like. I hope you feel better soon!

I''m grumpy, so excuse the following rant:

Today was supposed to be my first day at the gym working by myself on the programs my trainer has set up for me, but my head and eyes are pounding and my stomach isn''t doing well. I bagged the gym and came home from school (getting my classroom ready) and crashed on the couch. My husband and I are going tomorrow though, so at least I''ll get some exercise in.

I have to admit, I''m feeling a little discouraged. I know weight fluctuates, but I''m doing what I consider to be a major change to my way of thinking, eating, exercising, etc., and I''m not seeing the progress I''d like. I know it takes time, but I''m just grumpy about it. I keep telling myself that I''ll only get on the scale once or twice a week, but then I end up doing it everyday. I''m at the point now where I want to forget it and make the box of brownies I have in the pantry and make a huge brownie sundae. I may have to settle for eating one of the Skinny Cow no sugar added ice cream sandwiches we have in the freezer.

One thing that made me actually agry last night was seeing that a yogurt and a glass of milk was going to put me over the "allotted" perentage of sugar for the day. As I said before, I know that there is too much of a good thing, but I''m trying to get more dairy in. I''m not trying to eat sugar but these things are just not sugar free. I don''t have a diabetes issue, but I want to eat low sugar things as often as possible.

Sorry to vent so much today.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 5:44:59 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Today is my Monday.. I have to pack my little lunch.. I hate eating at night so I am going to eat tiny snacks (little this, protein that).. I want to keep calories under 1500.. can you suggest healthy stuff? Please?
cut up chunks of chicken breast with diced cucumbers and tomato w/taziki sauce (they sell it at TJ''s), or some boiled eggs, cheese sticks (trader Joes''s has low fat ones that are 1 pt), nuts (I like almonds), turkey breast, or slice avocado.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 6:12:41 PM
Author: Skippy123

Today is my Monday.. I have to pack my little lunch.. I hate eating at night so I am going to eat tiny snacks (little this, protein that).. I want to keep calories under 1500.. can you suggest healthy stuff? Please?
cut up chunks of chicken breast with diced cucumbers and tomato w/taziki sauce (they sell it at TJ''s), or some boiled eggs, cheese sticks (trader Joes''s has low fat ones that are 1 pt), nuts (I like almonds), turkey breast, or slice avocado.
That sounds yummy Skippy! I just might have to put this together for my lunches next week.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 6:22:50 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett

That sounds yummy Skippy! I just might have to put this together for my lunches next week.
thanks, I like to have a tomato basil boca burger with avocado sliced on top, yum!
3.gif
Do you have TJ''s Zoe?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, that sounds good too! There''s a TJ''s sort of near me -- it''s about a 25-30 minute drive in the neighboring state. My state doesn''t have TJ''s. We don''t have Whole Foods either. I''ve heard that''s a pricey store but I''d love to check it out. Other than the occasional trips to TJ''s to check out what they have, I stick to my regular grocery store. I haven''t jumped on the TJ''s bandwagon yet -- I''m just unfamiliar with their brands.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 6:36:11 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
Oh, that sounds good too! There''s a TJ''s sort of near me -- it''s about a 25-30 minute drive in the neighboring state. My state doesn''t have TJ''s. We don''t have Whole Foods either. I''ve heard that''s a pricey store but I''d love to check it out. Other than the occasional trips to TJ''s to check out what they have, I stick to my regular grocery store. I haven''t jumped on the TJ''s bandwagon yet -- I''m just unfamiliar with their brands.
Whole foods is a bit pricey; I like to buy their specialty cheeses there and fish or meats. You should try Trader Joe''s; they have numerous low cal products, maybe I will start a thread in the this subforum of favorite low cal TJ items.
2.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
hiya!
just a quick check-in as i hear that we''re all gonna shut down around 4p today. Summer Fridays are the best!

we had our company picnic yesterday, and i did pretty good with the eating- chicken breast, salad, vegetarian chili, and a bug sitck for dessert. oh wait, i did have a hot dog w/ mustard when i first got there at 11a. i was famished and didn''t think i''d make it until DH got there for lunch. I didn''t really participate much in the picnic games, as they were mostly geared towards folks w/ their kids, but I did play a couple games of volleyball (no kids allowed!) i kinda stepped wierd on my ankle and decided to forgo the gym this morning.

that''s the news for now... i''m off to get an early start to the weekend.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/15/2008 6:53:19 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
hiya!
just a quick check-in as i hear that we''re all gonna shut down around 4p today. Summer Fridays are the best!

we had our company picnic yesterday, and i did pretty good with the eating- chicken breast, salad, vegetarian chili, and a bug sitck for dessert. oh wait, i did have a hot dog w/ mustard when i first got there at 11a. i was famished and didn''t think i''d make it until DH got there for lunch. I didn''t really participate much in the picnic games, as they were mostly geared towards folks w/ their kids, but I did play a couple games of volleyball (no kids allowed!) i kinda stepped wierd on my ankle and decided to forgo the gym this morning.

OK... I gotta ask... !!!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 6:58:53 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

Date: 8/15/2008 6:53:19 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
hiya!

OK... I gotta ask... !!!
OMG- I meant BIG STICK! that''s what happens when i type super fast and don''t look over it before i hit "submit"

shutting down now...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all I went walking last night with my husband and it was so nice out that I decided to go a bit longer! Tonight it looks like it will storm it is thundering right now. Tomorrow morning I wake up early and meet my cousin so we can walk over to Einstein Bro's and relax and have some tea, yay! Thank you all for your sweet kudos; it made me feel good for sure!!!
9.gif
Thanks friends for helping me through my plateau; you all are the best and thanks for inspiring me w/your opening Lorelei!!!
35.gif

DEEJAY, yay for interval cardio! Thanks for the kudos! I love having easy peasy dinners like yours when hubbers is gone; sounds good! Have fun tonight at dinner! Poor Demon!

STEPH, yay for a long walk; it sounds like you are loving the new neighborhood, I am so happy for you Steph!!! Glad you are back in the swing of things and thanks for your kind kudos!

INDYGIRL I love mint; I am going to have to go to Bath and Body, thank you! I am glad you liked the spinach pie; I know someday I am going to turn into a big ole spinach because I eat the stuff so often. The other day my poor hubby said, do we have to have spinach again! LOL I made something different. hehe Yay for Friday!!! How was the workout today? Yay for weights!

SOMETHINGSHINY, thanks for the kudos, you are doing awesome yourself! Glad JT has his appt schedule; poor little guy, I can't even imagine he is only 2; I will keep him in my prayers for sure!

KIMI, welcome back, you were missed!!! Thanks for the congrats! Glad you enjoyed time with family and not gaining weight!

ROD, friend, thanks for the congrats! hehe Wow, that is a busy day and wooo hooo for the gym!!! Are you having sushi tonight?

MARCY, thank you for the kudos, yay for homemade pizza!!! Gosh, that is awful about the tires but glad they got fixed, sheesh the 1st tire place!

APPLETINI your chicken salad recipe I will have to try it looks delicious!!

LORELEI, hope the gum continues to heal friend!!!

DRAGONFLY, yum to a healthy burger and veggies! I hope the anemia goes away! Yay for being down 1/2 lb!!!

JULIANNA, yay for your run!!! Good to see you!

CHARGER, glad you had fun at the CO picnic! hehe I hope your ankle feels better!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All!

I have nothing to report today. I am pretty worn out from my trip and decided to spend the day reading and relaxing. Thanks for the warm welcome back. It''s nice to be home.

Nice to see you, Julianna!

Zoe, it can be hard sometimes, and it sucks to hear "Just think of your overall health and wellbeing" but sometimes that''s all you can do. Chin up and be proud for making the effort! You''re awesome.

Have a great evening, everyone.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
Have a great weekend. We have a meeting tonight then tomorrow we are going shopping.
Good news and bad news the pants I bought last month are getting big on me. I’ve only lost 2 pounds in the last month (almost 3) but I must be losing inches. I am excited but I do so like my new pants. Oh well, I don’t mind buying smaller sizes.
We are in the 40’s here today. It’s like winter. I turned the heater on when we got home from work. My winter coat is in our trailer. It’s been raining since late last night. Winter is coming soon.
Appletini, your dinner and wine bar sound fun. I am thinking of trying crocs. Everyone says they are so comfy.
Zoe, I have heard grilled pizza is really good. I will have to try it someday. Sorry to hear you are frustrated but hang in there; your hard work and efforts will pay off. Sadly it doesn’t happen overnight.
Lorelei, I love cheese too. Glad to hear the teef and hole are healing. Take it easy this weekend. Rats for your root canal not being finished yet.
Linda, I am with you on yuck for blue cheese and goat cheese.
DeeJay, that sounds like an interesting way to grill chicken. Sorry to hear the planes drive Demon crazy, I love air shows.
Dragonfly, sorry to hear you are a little anemic. Yay for being down another ½ pound. I eat hamburgers quite a bit – but they are always the very lean meat.
Julianna, good for you adding another mile on the treddy. I am going to walk on mine tonight – I thought it would warm me up. I always love to hear from you.
SanDiegoLady, I like apples, carrots, cheese for little lunches. Also I buy some roast chicken from the deli for sandwiches using the 45 calorie sliced wheat bread by SL.
Skippy, ooh I didn’t think of hard boiled eggs but that sounds really good. Glad to hear you had a nice, long walk with your hubby last night.
ChargerGirl, good for you getting of work early on Friday. I hope your ankle is okay. The company picnic sounds fun.
Kimi, glad to hear you are relaxing today.
Hi Rod and Steph!
Take care.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing much to report today. Had an interview go south, which was pretty disappointing to the young man who so wanted the job, but just wasn''t strong enough technically. It''s an up and down world in the oh-so-fabulous life of an executive recruiter. THe highs are so high, but the lows when things go south are low. I did leave work at a reasnable hour tonight. Charlie is working tonight, so I just had a couple slices of pizza for dinner. He''s off the rest of the weekend and we''re thinking about just going to a movie tomorrow, then out for sushi afterwards. Sunday, we''ll do the gym for sure. That''s about all I have.

Lorelei, I''m sorry your root canal isn''t finished yet and you still have to visit the dentist. I have to go to the dentist on Monday, but just for my routine cleaning.

Good luck getting your money back on the tire balancing Marcy. They likely won''t, but it''s worth a try. I sure would tell everyone single person you know what a lousy job they did when you bought new tires from them. Negative advertising is very effective.

Zoe, I''m glad you did get your calorie count up a bit. Thanks for the kudo''s on my marathon workout! And you can vent anytime you want, that''s what we''re all here for!!

Welcome back Kimberly!!

Hey there Linda!! I hope you''re still liking the new shoes?

DeeJay that chicken sounds terrific. Got a mailer from you today with the pic of the condo you''re selling. It''s totally our style. If we were moving to Chicago, we''d be interested in that place for sure!

Yay for being down another 1/2 pound Charger. It''s good you had the meat if you''ve been experiencing anemia symptoms.

Yay for upping your run from 2 to 3 miles Julianna!!

Yumm, the snack you recommended to SDL sounds so good Skippy. And hey SDL!

I wondered the same thing Charger. I was thinking, oh lord, what on earth is a bug stick. I had these strange images floating through my mind!! Good for you being such a good girl at the picnic!!

I''m glad you had a good walk with hubby Skippy! Have fun with your cousin tomorrow morning at Einstein!! I guess you saw that Charlie worked tonight, so we''ll do sushi tomorrow night.

Oh Marcy, would you please send some of those cool temps our way. 40''s sounds so nice right now. It''s August in Florida, which means non-stop heat and humidity. Yay for needing smaller pants!!

OK....Charlie just got home and I''m going to sit with him and Sakai. Have a great Saturday everyone!

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Hey all! YAY FOR THE WEEKEND! I haven''t entered the "real" workforce yet (just working fulltime during summer than parttime when school starts up again), but I already feel like I''m working for the weekend every week.
20.gif
Oh well, I got on the treadmill tonight, but didn''t do weights and instead did some crunches, push-ups, etc. I had some vegetarian lasagna tonight. My family will be coming to visit me this weekend, so I''ll have to watch what I order when we go to the Cheesecake Factory!
18.gif

Somethingshiny - You''re so sweet for helping your sister and I''m sure you''ll burn some calories at the same time. Poor JT!
23.gif
I''m glad they finally decided that he shouldn''t suffer anymore and he will get his surgery.

Kimberly - I *love* Whoppers...I have been craving one since starting my "healthy lifestyle!" Good for you for being good while out of town, it can be so difficult.

Rod - I''ll have to try the LC meals. I have been slumping with my lunch choices at work...maybe those will work out for me. Good job on the three hour workout!

Marcy - I would be livid at the tire guys! That''s so dangerous too! We''ve had tires worked on before where the mechanics (and I use that term loosely) scraped up our rims and then denied it. Needlesstosay my mom gave them the business end. That pizza sounds yummy!
18.gif
Thanks for the congratulations, I weighed myself again today and I lost another 2lbs!
36.gif
Boo for only getting a month out of your pants, but YAY for losing inches! That''s awesome. I would personally rather wear a smaller size than weigh x amount, so that''s very great progress. I am dreading the coming Fall/Winter weather I know is coming and having to get out my winter coats and sweaters.

Appletini - Yay for vacation! I''ve been hooked on the Olympics as well...I just watched Phelps win by one one-hundredth of a second! It was amazing! He is just crazy good and I think he''s destined to win 8. I do feel bad for the guy who got 2nd though...he was so close! NEVERMIND! Phelps just said the 2nd placer Cavic said that it would be good for Phelps and swimming if he beat him! The replay is ridiculous...I can''t even tell who touched first...I would love an underwater replay.

Deejay - Yay for liking the new gym class. I''ll have to ask my dad about grilling chickens that way...the grill scares me personally, but maybe he''ll try it next time I''m home.

Dragon - Yay for the ab ball workout! That stuff kills and is soooo good! I''ve totally cut down on red meat too...how do you know if you are anemic? Any symptoms I should look for? Just being paranoid
1.gif

Julianna - Good job on increasing the mileage, that''s awesome. Ireland sounds lovely.

Zoe - Sorry you aren''t feeling well! Hopefully you feel better tomorrow so you can get your workout on. I know how hard it is to stay off the scale, I weigh myself everyday too. It''s just a temptation when it''s sitting there in my bathroom. I love the Skinny Cow ice cream dipped in chocolate things! Keep up the good work and you will see results...just remember that your actual weight isn''t the only indicator of your improved health. I also have a problem of not getting enough dairy, so I might start taking calcium pills.

Charger - Yay for finding good options at the company picnic. My firm shuts down early on Fridays too! I hope your ankle is okay, but volleyball is so much fun!

Skippy - Yay for night walks. I really want to do that, but I just can''t do it alone and all of my school friends are gone for the summer. If you love mint then you will LOVE the Mentha line. SO thinks it was too strong, but I love mint too, so I didn''t mind it at all! B&BW is having a sale on the Mentha lip stuff so I just had to try their tinted line. They have several kinds of mint (i.e. orange, lemon), so I''m sure you''ll find something you love. SO hates spinach, but I''m slowly trying to turn him. He usually orders everything plain and I''m the one adding jalapenos to everything lol A study in contrasts are we.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning everyone!

Thanks for the encouragement Rod, Marcy, Kim, and Indy! I don''t feel so mopey this morning, and we''re going to the gym today, so I''m sure I''ll feel even better after that. We''re going to meet with our photographer to choose which pics we want to have made into prints. We''re going to skip having an album made for the time being. The photographer took a lot of great shots during our wedding, and we''re looking forward to putting some in frames and displaying them around the house. Other than that, we don''t have much going on today. We may go see my husband''s friend (who was his best man) play tonight on the coast. He''s in a band and he also does his own thing with an accoustic guitar. It should be fun. We may go to the movies and/or the beach tomorrow. That''s about it for our weekend.

Have a good Saturday!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe thanks!

I think many of us have been discouraged, so don't feel bad! I deal with it by reminding myself that even if the scales aren't showing much of a drop, I am doing all the right things and my body is working hard behind the scenes at burning fat and I am getting healthier! Also you are probably dropping inches, so keep going!

LOL - thanks J!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2008 1:13:30 PM

This sounds yummy.. I''ll have to see what Henry''s has, too.. I can buy nuts there in bulk.. it didn''t help last night that they bought pizza for everyone at 1am..
20.gif
Those naughty peeps!!! You gotta love them but then not all at the same time!! Would it be weird to say you are trying to watch what you eat? Maybe they could bring in fruit?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wheee, I am ready for a nap
beachemoticon.gif
I got up early, went for a walk with my cousin, then we had breakfast at Einstein Bagels, you all will be proud of me I got the Yogurt, Fruit and Granola for brekkie 180 calories. Then my cousin showed me the progress on the pool on our walk home from Einsteins! hehe

Then I saw hubby mowing the lawn so I unloaded the dishwasher and then thought, I am going to wash my car! I washed it and then hubby said let's go grocery shopping. We went to TJ's and Whole Foods! I was ravenous at WF so hubby bought a lean steak and baguette to make a philly steak. Of course mine was light on the bread and no cheese so that was lunch!

Then I told hubby about a party I am attending and how the best brooch wins a prize! I don't care about the prize but I thought it would be fun to wear the brooch! Hubby said "do it, do it, do it!" hehe
9.gif
That meant making a trip to the bank and going into the safety deposit box so that is what I did and now I want a nap! hehe Dinner will be grilled chicken, not sure on the marinade but I think hubs has something planned! Have a great Saturday everyone!

Rod, enjoy sushi tonight! Glad you get to spend the day w/Charlie!!! You will laugh at me but I had this FAB idea of getting a car like yours but used (long story of who is selling one); well I tell hubby and he just looks at me. I say what? He starts laughing! Then he says "you never open the windows or open the sunroof in your car, you NEVER want to drive my convertible!" I said "Well!" LOL soooo true, I guess the idea of it sounded better!!
28.gif
hehe I love your car!
41.gif
Do you put the top down lots? I think part of it too is because my girlfriend has this adorable convertible and she looks great driving it! hehe

KIMI, enjoy your day relaxing!! Are you going to ride your bike this coming week? YAY!

MARCY, wow, that is cold!!! We got lots of rain but it is in the 80's, nutty! How do you do it with the cold temps?? I would freeze to death! hehe Winter already?
39.gif
Happy shopping and yay for new clothes!

INDYGRL I love their iceed tea at Cheesecake Factory and salads, yum! I love mint too, I need to make my way over to BBW; I use to work there years ago so I love the stuff!!! Yay for losing 2 lbs, awesome!!!
36.gif

Zoe, good for you committing to the gym!!! KUDOS!! Yay for wedding pics!

LORELEI, xoxoxoxox love! How is the toof? Weather?

SDL, great to see you!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy weekend all!

We had one of my clients over last night for dinner and the meal itself was good (grilled chicken, roasted potatos, stuffed zucchini) but the three bottles of wine we drank between the four of us (over MANY hours) and the... um... perhaps FIVE cookies I ate for dessert could be a problem.
20.gif
The cookies were SO good though! I don''t know where the HH got them but we had chocolate chip and cranberry walnut with orange zest. YUM!!! I woke in the middle of the night thinking about those cookies and planning on how I was going to have one of each with a cup of coffee for breakfast. Nothing like planning ahead, right?!

I did do 65 mins on the hampster wheel (which is how I now think of the elliptical) after the cookies and coffee though for about 750 cals (but we all know those counters aren''t accurate... ).

Off to show something to a client real quick and to exchange one of the skirts that I bought at Ann Taylor the other day. I don''t know why I do this but I often buy things that I think are OK in the store and when I get home and put them on they are way to big. Seriously. WAY too big. I got this skirt in a 12. I need at least a 10. Maybe an 8 judging by the fact that I can practically pull it down off my hips without unbuttoning it. Ack.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Saturday!

Hubby just suprised me, we''re going on a staycation for a few days (how trendy of us); we''re headed to La Jolla for a few days before I go back to work. We''re going to hang out by the pool, go to the beach, I went to the library and picked up a stack of books...should be lots of fun. I''m a bit worried about all the abnormal eating I''ve been doing, but I don''t think we''ll be traveling much this fall, so I may as well enjoy it while I can!

I worked out this morning, felt great. Am bringing clothes for the gym at the hotel.

Dee, I''ve totally plotted when I get to eat a certain food next, don''t feel bad about it.

Skip, no bike rides planned, but I haven''t talked to my co-riders in a week. I''ll see them on Tuesday and we''ll probably plan something then.

Marcy, you''re planning for winter! BRRR! We usually stay hot through the beginning of October, sometimes late October. I think last Christmas it was 75 degrees at my parents''. I love cold weather, but I''m not ready for it yet!

Rod, enjoy sushi!

I''ll be back in a few days, guys. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
We went shopping in Denver today. Marty bought a new watch and I got a pendant and earrings. I looked for a denim skirt and vest but didn’t see anything I liked.
Eating was good today – not calories wise but delicious wise. For breakfast we met some friends. I ate fresh fruit, part of an egg, 2 pieces of French toast and ½ of a hot donut. At the mall we split a small cinnamon roll and I had about 2 inches of coke with it. For supper we went to an Italian restaurant. I had a small bottle of sparkling wine, less than ½ of my chicken parmesan with spaghetti and we split a brownie with amaretto mousse topping. We couldn’t even finish the dessert between the 2 of us. I told my husband in the olden days we would have each had a dessert and finished the entire thing.
I think it finally quit raining. Yesterday we had 2.07 inches of rain. I don’t know what we had today yet. The trip to Denver this morning was through some heavy rain. We sat on the interstate in 2 different spots behind some accidents. There was standing water on the highway sometimes. Denver had highs in the 50’s today. It is warming up again tomorrow though.
Rod, sorry to hear the person you were interviewing didn’t work out. That’s great Charlie has the weekend off. I doubt we’ll get our money back for paying someone else to balance our tires but we will be telling everyone we know not to buy tires from them.
IndyGirl, have fun with the family. Enjoy the Cheesecake Factory. Yippee for being down another 2 pounds. That is awesome.
36.gif
I agree I’d rather be losing inches than what that evil scale says but I’ll take whatever I can get. That’s too bad your tire rims getting scraped up – I am glad your mom let them know otherwise.
Zoe, have fun picking out your wedding photos.
SanDiegoLady, rats for them bringing in pizza. That makes it hard.
Skippy, glad you had such a wonderful and productive day. Yay for going to get your brooch to wear to the party. I hope you win. It is so pretty. I pretty much am cold all the time so I wear sweaters and whine a lot. Tee hee.
DeeJay, LOL at waking up and planning on having some delicious cookies with your coffee for breakfast. Someone asked me if I found I don’t think about food as often as I used to – I had to truthfully answer I probably think about it more. I am always planning my next morsel of food and exactly when I get to eat it. It sounds like your skirt is definitely too big.
Kimi, have fun on your staycation. Good idea to have some fun before you get back to work. We’ll be back in the 80’s by Monday but I can tell fall is in the air each morning. 75 degrees on Christmas? That sounds nice but it wouldn’t seem like Christmas to me if the wind wasn’t howling and we didn’t have to bundle up.
Have a great Sunday.
Marcy

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL!! Kimmers, what is a staycation??
9.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2008 4:55:22 AM
LOL!! Kimmers, what is a staycation??
9.gif
I hope Kim doesn''t mind me answering for her, but Lorelei, a staycation is basically a local vacation -- one where you don''t have to travel far to go on vacation or do something fun. With the high prices of gas, etc., a lot of businesses around the country are promoting staycations.

We met friends last night for dinner at a BBQ restaurant and I had my favorite appetizer there: fowl balls (bite size chicken pieces [not fried], wrapped in bacon). Delicious!! I had a cesar salad for dinner, and I forgot to ask for it without the shredded parmesan cheese. It was too hard to pick out, which is what I would have done if it had been parmesan shavings instead. We went to the movies after dinner and I had a small popcorn (without butter) and a small diet coke, which may as well have been a large. I had eaten really healthily (is that really a word?) all day before we went out, so I gave myself permission to splurge. Now the scale is 2 lbs higher than it was yesterday, so I''m regretting it. I didn''t last night though. Oh well, I''m going to the gym today and I''ll be back on track.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Zoe, I was wondering what a staycation was!

Don''t worry about the upswing on the scales, I bet it is water weight and it will drop in a day or two.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results