shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 10th August till 16th August

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly- glad the 5k inspired you! Your eats sound good too!

marcy- I''m glad the different shoe felt better. But it could just be that you''re walking around so lightfooted because of your pretties, you aren''t thinking about your feet!
28.gif
Yay for your break!!!!

ROD-
emcocktl.gif
cheers to a diminished pain! Wow maybe you just need to rest after PT sessions? THAt is sooo awesome!!!! You''ll be able to lift again in no time... Here comes MR ATLAS!

Lisa- I''m sorry you got stood up. ((HUGS)) But look at the bright side, saved you from some extra calories. (Had to think of something, that does suck though. HUGE HUGS!) You, sis, and pooch had a great run, and that makes me smile. I bet your pooch smiled too and loved being included in your run! Sucks BIG TIME about your bro being forgotten. But at leat you reminded everyone that he needed to be invited a little earlier on. I didn''t find out that my dad wasn''t invited to the bachelor party until the MORNING OF! (It was a BBQ, Baseball GAME, and pool party... the saturday before our wedding.) My dad was all pouting around, and I was like huh? Of course, I was like in mega-b!tch bride mode, so I was like, well what do you want me to do about it? I am not throwing the party! (I totally felt bad, but it wasn''t me that planned the event, and I felt terrible that my husband didn''t think of inviting him, or checking the list. But we''re talking about a baseball game where the seats were purchased over a month in advance.) Of course, I then call my hubs and ask why my dad didn''t receive an invitation... but they got it worked out. My dad ended up going, have a great time, he was just going to the BBQ because he knew that the tickets were already purcahsed. Turns out, one of my husband''s friends found out that my dad wasn''t invited, and he gave him his ticket... and said he''d meet up again after the game. My hubs has some great friends... I just still thought it sucked that when composing the list of who to invite, that it didn''t occur to him to invite my dad. So... things happen. But smile at the fact that at least your brother got some info before the event, not the day of... as everyone is gettig ready, knowing that he was an afterthought. OUCH!

Diva- Yeah, it was an interesting look. that is for sure. YAY, you got your ring back!!!! Didn''t you feel NAKED without it? I laughed about the icecream comment... reminded me of when I freaked out about eating frozen yogurt before the wedding. I had an emotional breakdown, on the way to icecream, and told my husband that if I ate it I would get fat. (Totally irrational, but the last time I had tried my dress on, was after a huge celebration w/ lots of chips and salsa... and surprise, it didn''t fit.) Weddings can make you crazy. But I always say, dang, if my hubbie could love me when I was LIKE THAT, he could love our future bratty kids!
28.gif
So I''d just smile, and think about how he is really thinking of the best for you... and not wanting to deal with the wrath of later. Trust me, crazy bride wrath is no fun for either side! hahaha!

Everyone, hope you have a FAMOUS THURSDAY!!!! I tried to watch again for meteors last night. But because of the dang monsoon it was way too cloudy. Then I went to back to bed, and when it came time to get up to run, I experienced a rain out due to the lightning storm. So me and my hubs just layed around and made snuggles. I guess that was nature''s way of saying... KEEP RESTING YOUR LEGS! So I did, and it was fabulous. This morning I made myself a nice eggwhite- veggie breakfast and prepared a snack of cottage cheese and left over strawberries from dinner, and some blueberries. YUM! Lunch and dinner, eh, I don''t know what I''ll eat... prob some sort of green salad... and maybe subway. I''ve been CRAVING IT!
18.gif

"If i had to choose between loving you, and breathing. I would use my last breath to say I LOVE YOU." Unknown

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
morning all. Man, today has started out rough rough rough. I got halfway to the gym and realized I didn''t bring my shoes. Didn''t have enough time to drive home and go back so just did some cross punches with weights, knee highs, jumping jacks and some toe touches on the couch (sit, lean back with hands behind for support, have legs lifted and bent, lower them to floor for a brief touch, repeat 25 times.. works your abs hard!). Then dropped my phone and lunch all over the place trying to get in the door at work, phone (which is brand new) has a crack in it now.
7.gif
Sigh.

Hope your days are better!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for your suggestions for adding to my workout. Turns out I can only do 10 pushups before collapsing.
20.gif

Today I babysat my little nephew and had JT with me. I put the kids in a stroller and went for a long walk and playing at the park. I think I got in 2 miles pushing their 65 lbs.

That''s all for now.

have a great tomorrow!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening, all!

I just wanted to let you know that I lost my girl Kiki last night. Her kidneys were too far gone and she didn''t respond to the 3 days of constant therapy through the IV. She was suffering mightily when we went to see her yesterday. Thank you for your kind words and well wishes for her. Rod, thank you for sharing Cabboodle''s story with me. The vet had mentioned the fluid exchange therapy to us on Monday, so we were really hoping for that. A funny thing happened today though. When I put Lily on her leash to go potty, she pulled harder than she has ever pulled to a spot in the far corner of the yard that she has never been to, the spot we buried Kiki. She sniffed, sat down, got up and sniffed again, and then turned and ran towards the house. Kiki was buried with much love, pretty far down where she wouldn''t be disturbed. I went to work for half a day today only because it was WW weigh-in day (dang WW - I haven''t missed a weigh-in yet!). My awesome co-workers stopped by my office all day to give me hugs and to cry with me. They''re wonderful.

And I will end on a happy note. I have now lost 35.5 pounds. Yay! Hubby and I went out for a nice, quiet (but low point) dinner at our favorite local Italian restaurant after work.

I hope everyone has a good tomorrow!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.....I woke up with pain like I usually do, but as the day progressed, the pain was about the best it's been in a loooong time. My PT session this evening was good and he feels I'm making good progress. Even I think I've made progress. When I go to the gym Saturday, he's letting me do my full session, with the exception of unassisted chinups and dips. That works for me. And as long as I'm not in greater pain after that workout, he'll clear me for everything. I'm almost afraid to say I'm getting better and I worry about having a setback. But, I'll take any progress I can get, for sure!

Oh degree, I'm so sorry to see that Kiki didn't make it. Animals give us such unconditional love. And we really don't have that much time with our friends, so it's such a heartbreak to say goodbye. Last year, we had to say goodbye to our beloved Koh (our Bombay cat), and you hear me mention Sakai (our Burmese cat) often. I can't even think of the day we'll have to say farewell to Sakai. Anyway, I wanted you to know you're in my thoughts and prayers.

As usual, it's kind of late and I still have some streteches and work to do, so I need to sign off for the night. We're meeting some friends for sushi tomorrow night, but I'll do my best to check in then. Sleep well everyone....

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
I came in this thread just to see what''s up with everyone.

deegee, I''m so sorry about Kiki. I''m sure she knows that you love her very much and that you did everything you could.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Deegee, sorry to hear about KiKi. Hugs to you and your hubby.

Rod, I''m so happy your pain is improving. I''m hoping you''ll be cleared for a full workout soon.

Shiny, Keep up doing the push ups until collapse. you''ll get stronger and be able to do more. I haven''t tried in a while but I''m pretty sure I could do 17 or 18 now. I''m inspired to try this weekend.

Dragon, bummer about your phone.

TLH, yeah it sucked being stood up. I''m over it. One of the guys'' son was born that morning. Of course I didn''t get an email. I swear, boys are so stinky and annoying sometimes (no offense Rod). I feel like i"m doing all the work keeping in touch with those lazy bums. They''re a great group of guys though. I''ll tell them they''re not getting wedding invites unless they meet me for happy hour :) Thanks for relaying the story about your hubby''s bachelor party. I think I"m over it. Hopefully my brother will go I think it''ll be a good time all around. He''s such a baby about stuff though. Like he doesn''t have a passport, so of course I''m looking up all the info on the internet for him. I swear he''s like a 3 yr old and the rest of us are constantly picking up after him. Boys!!! (Again, no offense Rod)

Diva, yes my sister''s ankle is better. I totally know what you mean about the ice cream and your FI is very sweet and seems to know you very well. Hooray for engagement pictures. Bummer about missing class

Today I took the day off. I felt off all day, like I had low blood sugar or something. I felt like i was going to pass out all day. But it for sure wasn''t a blood sugar thing. I ate normal amount. I think I''m coming down with something (james brought dirty germs home). James and I went to the local bike shop and I picked out a bike :) I''ll pick it up on Saturday. Yay! Then James, sister and I can go on awesome bike rides together.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Man guys, yesterday was just off huh? Last night I did make it to the gym with my mom, we did the weight machine line with trainers then walked for half hour and quizzed each other with millionaire
2.gif
2.gif
She''s just starting, so I''m glad she''s going and getting active. She''s at 183, and 5 1 like me, so we''re going to work on getting her to a healthy level. The girl who worked with us on weights was awesome, took the time to learn our names and help with cardio ideas!

SS - I can only do 20 still. They are soo soo hard
Rod - Glad to hear about your progress!!! Just keep easing forward!
DeeGee - I am so so so so sorry hon. Feel better! Grats on the weight loss though.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly- what a bummer of a day, but at least you still managed to get a workout in. YOU ARE A TROPPER!
emstar.gif
SUPERSTAR! Sorry about the crack in your phone. I did that once. I put clear masking tape of the front of my phone because I ended up cutting myself on the sharp edges... so be careful! I am glad you''re working out with mom, that is fantastic!

shiny - terrific workout! 65 pounds of resistance, way to go! And about the pushups, always better to do less with good form! It will come, and faster than you''d even believe too!

deegee- sorry to read about kiki.
emrainbow.gif
she''ll be waiting for you at the rainbow bridge. Lily probably understood her scent was in the yard, and it will probably help her to process things. Animals go through the grief process too... so be sure to give extra snuggles and kisses to your other furbabies. On the WW note, that is fantastic news. 35.5#!!!! CONGRATS!

Rod- THAT IS FANTASTIC NEWS! You almost have free range, that is pretty excellent!

Diva- hello! Hope you''re having fun w/ the wedding planning!

Lisa- That is really caring and thoughtful for you to help your bro out. You''ll make an excellent mommy! Have fun on your couple''s ride! That sounds phenomenal!

Everyone, have an awe-inspiring weekend!
35.gif
This morning was HUMID, rain brings humidity. But I went out and got my run in. Not many people out today... but it might be because they are leaving the house after dawn, when I''m running in the darkness. My hubs has a 4 day weekend, so he''s gonna do all the chores before I get home so we can enjoy our time together. YAY! NO CLEANING! Though somehow I bet that he "forgets" to clean the tubs and toilets. Oh well, he should enjoy his time off too. Other than that, nothing much going on!

“Failure is not the worst thing in the world. The very worst thing is not to try.”

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......It was a decent day painwise. The best part was I''m usually in agonizing pain when I first wake up. While I was in pain this morning, it was tolerable. That''s a nice change. I went for a walk after lunch and still the pain was tolerable. Tolerable is waaaaay btter than debilitatingly awful. We met some neighbors here in our condo for sushi after work. We had a nice time. And, it wasn''t an awful day at work. That''s the first time I could say that in a long time. All in all, a not bad to the end of the week........ :) We''re going to the gym tomorrow afternoon. I''ll do a pretty complete workout, with extra pushups since my PT doesn''t want me to do unassisted chinups and dips.

Hey Diva!!

Thanks lliang. No offense taken. Sorry you were stood up........and I hope you''re feeling better.

Yay for your mom getting active and joining you at the gym dragon!!!

Thanks tlh. I am happy to be finally be making some progress. I''ve been in pain for so long. It''s time for it to go away, forever! Have a great weekend and I hope your hubby enjoys his 4 days off.

OK......It''s time to do my stretches before heading to bed. I hope everyone''s planning a good weekend..........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi.

35.gif
Did you miss me?
9.gif
Thursday night our internet provider was down and out – it’s rough living without access to PS and the rest of the www.Last night we went out for supper then wandered the mall.After we got home I was goofing around on jewelry sites.My PC earrings have spurred my desire for a PC RHR.Does the madness ever end?
11.gif

This morning I got up at 7 and met my sister and BIL downtown where they were setting up a booth for a craft fair.My sister makes doll clothes and my BIL does concrete stepping stones.His bear paw prints and little lady bugs are adorable.After helping them get set up I met Marty for breakfast.I ran some errands and made some goulash to freeze for an upcoming camping trip.Went back and took my sister and BIL some cheeseburgers for lunch.Made some muffins for camping trip and thought I’d best catch up here before heading off to help them tear down the booth and pack it all up.Then we are all going out to supper.

I wacked my head bad getting in my car – I saw stars even.Took Advil right away but I know it’s going to smart most of the day. Marty is just going to have to bubble wrap me one of these days.My head isn’t bad but my neck is sore.

Lisa, those 2 things would upset me too.I’d say don’t bother to try and spend time with your old co-workers again – their LOSS!!!I don’t know the circumstances of the bachelor party but if James is like Marty it probably never occurred to him to ask your brother.It drives me crazy when he and his friends are going to do a BBQ or poker or something like that.They make no plans, set no times, don’t really have a guest list – just decide to have it and that is as far as the planning gets.They don’t even figure out food or who is bringing what.I’ve been to BBQ where the meat would be there but no buns.Beer was there but no soda or water.The guy bringing chips shows up empty handed.Food goes bad because they cook it all then other people show up 4 hours later.I am a planner, Marty is not.I hope your day is going better for you today.A Lorna Doone is a shortbread cookie.They make them in 100 cal snack packs too.I actually like the 100 cal shortbread sandies better but the LD are good too.I didn’t even have 3 weeks off between last day of classes and the beginning of fall semester.We are also going out of town for about 5 days so that really cuts my down time short.I think I have everything ready for fall though.

Diva, what I have done on my classes is I have a list of things that need updating so I can fly through them really fast.Some things I can keep “generic” without dates or the semester so I don’t have to do them again.I hate when I am trying to be funny and Marty takes it the wrong way.Sorry to hear about the misunderstanding.I will be anxious to see your engagement photos.

Tlh, glad it worked out for your dad to go to the game.One of your DH’s friends is a very nice guy.I guess the meteor shower had about a 2 hour period of 200 plus meteors per hour.Sadly I slept through it.

Dragonfly, I hate to hear you have a crack in your new phone.Did you buy their insurance on it?Woo hoo for your mom going to work out with you.

Somethingshiny, I would saying walking that far pushing that load is a great workout.

Deegee, I am so sorry to hear about Kiki.It sounds like Lily knew too.Hugs to you.

emrose.gif
That is rough.Congratulations for losing 35.5 pounds.
36.gif

Rod, I am so glad to hear the pain is easing for you and you are getting in a full session at the gym.

36.gif

Well, I’d best go get my muffins in the freezer.Sounds like rain or hail outside.That will be fun packing up the craft fair in the rain.

Have a great weekend.

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I missed you Marcy!!!! And I''m sorry you whacked your head and hope you''re feeling better. Yes, men are lousy planners.

It was a pretty nice day. And while still in pain, it never got bad, even when I first got up, which is when it''s usually awful. My workout at the gym was good too. Usually after a workout, I''m in more pain, but I wasn''t today. I still didn''t do any cardio, but that''s OK. The rest was strong. Dinner was at the little diner I''ve mentioned before, then we had FroYo. We''re watching "I Love You, Man." It''s pretty funny. Charlie has to work tomorrow from 2 PM till 11 PM, so I''m just going to have a quiet day and not du much of anything.

I have to assume everyone''s out having fun today. So, it''s just me and the Amazing Shrinking Woman checking in!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.

35.gif
What a day.I don’t think I sat down until about 4 pm today.I did a lot and ate more than normal.We got up about 7:30.I made French toast from some leftover cinnamon bread I had in the freezer.I went to the grocery store before 9 and was in the store about 90 minutes.I did laundry and made cookies today – most of which went straight to the freezer.That of course is why I ate extra calories today.
11.gif
We had popcorn for supper with one cookie and a ww chocolate bar.I drove a friend of ours new Audi Q5 this afternoon on one of my errands. It is a very nice car but I don’t know if I’d want a little SUV over a car.It is nice to set up higher. Marty loves it because it has an interface for his IPOD and the bluetooth picked up his entire contact list in his phone. I see a new car in my future sometime soon.

Tomorrow I am spending some time at school.I need to turn in papers to be copied for next week, put together packets to mail out to my internet class and get the key to my room this fall.It is over 4 buildings away from my storage space so I need to get things either moved to the new room or bring it home.I only have an hour between when I get off work and when classes start to I hate to have to go pick up things, try to eat something and walk through all the buildings and get ready for class in less than an hour.

Rod, I am glad you missed me.It’s going to be rough on me being away from PS and all of you next week for several days.That is wonderful you work up in less pain than usual.You must be making major progress!!!I hope you had a nice, quiet day.

I am going to watch the 2 new Monk episodes on my DVR now. I''ll check back later.

Take care.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it''s just you and me again Marcy! It''s the Rod and Marcy HLT show this weekend.....LOL It was pretty much a do nothing day for me today. Charlie went to work at 2 and I just hung out at Sbucks, then went grocery shopping and fixed a nice dinner for myself. I woke up in pain as usual, but as the day went on, it got better. That''s about all I have for this Sunday. I''m watching True Blood, then I''ll do my stretches and go to bed.

Marcy, I''m sure I missed it, but where will you be for a few days that you won''t be on the HLT? Wherever it is, I hope you have a good time. Yummm to cookies. I may have to have a piece or two of dark chcolate!!

I hope everyone had a good weekend. See you in next week''s thread........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL Rod. I can hear the song going off in my head "The Rod and Marcy Show". I wonder if we can get some jewelers to sponsor our show. Maybe we would get a discount that way.
36.gif
We are going camping and then we have our big star party. We''ll be working then but having fun too. I am SOOOO looking forward to it. Glad you had another quiet day.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results