shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 10th August till 16th August

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey all,

Running a bit behind today so just kicking us off quickly, have a great week!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week.

Lorelei let''s hope running behind burns calories too.
36.gif
I am off to pack lunch, water the flowers, go to work . . .

Have a great day!
35.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
That is right, I usually run around like a crazy person, and I''m sure that frenzy DOES burn calories! Though stress raises cortosol... soo...
7.gif
The human body is just too smart!

Diva - I''m so excited about your wedding and it is cool that Derek doesn''t know which dress it is. Plus when the dress gets altered to fit you the way it does... WOW. He''s a lucky guy! Sorry you had a headache, I''ve found that I hide saltines in the glovebox of my car, and it helps when I''m getting that drop when food isn''t near... and when it is too late. AJ and OJ really gets me out of my funk in a matter of minutes! I hope working out with your hubs was fun. I LOVe working out with mine.

Marcy- So it is the arch or the top part of the foot? I had Plantar Fasciaitis, which involves the ARCH of my foot... not the heel. Did some PT and it helped. But what really knocked it out for me, were the $7 (approx) Dr Scholl''s tri fit inserts. They are blue and look like they are the more cloth-like ones. Not the total gel ones. (I''ve tried them all from the cheap to the top of the line.) These work the best, in that they don''t pinch my feet, yet give my arches the support that I need. This might help you. Also, if it is the top of the foot, that sounds like a pain I experienced when I had shoes that were too narrow for my foot, and I was tying them too snug. I''m soo happy you were able to do the cure walk, and even happier for your mom. GO MOM! That is inspiring. I''m sorry that the sharpie didn''t come out as neatly as you wanted but trust me... seeing the names of survivors or people walkers know who''ve been through it... it is impactful. And the disease isn''t pretty either. So having the writing be a little messy gets a message across. BUT I''m happy you were able to walk for your friend.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
KUDOS to you and your family!!!

Rod- I''m glad you enjoyed yourself while Charlie was gone. Sorry you''re still on the ups and downs, but it was good you got your stretches in even though you missed the gym. Sometimes missing the gym can be a good thing for our bodies. And your body needs some good old fashioned TLC. Please let us know when your mother''s surgery is. I''d like to say a prayer for her. I''m glad the dr''s discovered the growth was on her bile ducts and not in her pancreas. Though, I think what makes the pancreas so dangerous is the fact that it is asymptomatic, and that disease often is too far spread by the time it is uncovered... and it sounds like your mother is getting quick and thoughtful care from her physicians, and that makes me very happy for your family. Even at 86, I''m sure she has the heart of a lion... just like you. ((hugs!))

Everyone Happy monday!

This weekend was a blast! My hubs and I did our workouts, and we ran the 5k together Sunday. We took it at a nice slow pace so we could chit chat... it was our anniversary afterall. We even wore matching tops. I LOOKED ridiculous because I was wearing a man''s top... but it was kinda humorous as it really shows the difference between a man and a woman''s top... men''s top don''t make room for HIPS.
2.gif
The weather wasn''t too awful, which was nice. Then we had a nice romantic day. We shared a pink fondant cake and had champagne, exchanged gifts... and then went out for dinner. We were pretty exhausted as our morning started out at 4:30am... so we ended up crashing pretty early, and I didn''t have the energy to watch our wedding video... so maybe we''ll do that tonight.

“Tenderness is the repose of Passion” - Joseph Joubert quotes

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
gmorning all! So I opened up my gym membership officially this morning. I also walked 15 mins and did some weights, but was running behind so didn''t get in as much as I would have liked. This weekend I ran two miles, did crunches and weight work and ran stadiums. I''m hoping to get in lots of gym time coming up
36.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hello, HLTers!

Well, we got my sis off to school and I am just so proud of her! None of my siblings nor I have ever "gone away" to school. This is going to be such a memorable and exciting time for her.

I was pleasantly surprised when she asked MY advice on what kinds of foods she should have in her room. She actually wanted my advice because she says she doesn''t know anyone who is as aware of their nutrition and eating habits as me! *beaming proudly* We found a little farmer''s market right down the road that will sell fruits and veggies individually so that''ll be great. She has a little fridge in her room and she is directly across from the lounge which has a microwave and a few other small appliances.

I injured my foot AGAIN today while babysitting my nephew. For some reason I decided I would be okay walking across gravel in my bare feet. The cut doesn''t hurt so I forget about it until I screw it up. But, I have a fool proof way to keep it from happening again. They''re called shoes! I don''t know how it''ll work out, it seems like a big commitment. I gonna give it a try but I fear I may become dependent.
20.gif

Anyways, I plan on doing some yoga tonight since I''ve missed a couple days. I''ve tried to stop doing it in the evening because I don''t sleep as well when I exercise late. Is that normal??

Lorelei~ You still posted hours before the rest of us!

Hi, Marcy!

tlh~ I''m glad you enjoyed your run, but the cake and champagne sound like the best part! Happy Anniversary (late)!!

dragonfly~ Congratulations on your membership! I hope you enjoy using it.

Have a great week, all!

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Evening all!

Hey marcyc! Great that your foot is doing better. That was so sweet to read about your Mom walking the race. As for my flowers, I''m doing roses and gerbera daisies. Originally I was just going to do reds and oranges, but the florist recommended some in-between colors since mid-September is a transitional time here. So we''re adding some pinks and yellows.

tlh, Thanks again! Derek''s itching to get a sneak peek at my pics, but I blocked his login from viewing this website. teehee... You know, I''m not sure why I never thought to keep snacks around me. That''s a good idea because those hunger headaches are awful. Way to go for the 5K race! I''m sure you didn''t look ridiculous at all; it was probably pretty cute that you and hubby matched.
1.gif
Your dinner and evening out sounds so romantic!

dragonfly, YAY for the gym membership! Sorry you couldn''t stay long, but at least you got some workout. And as for your running this weekend... Very nice!

somethingshiny, it must''ve been quite a moment when your sis asked you for advice. It''s always nice when someone else notices your hard work and wants to emulate it. Sorry about your foot. LOL about the shoes!

So this weekend was somewhat eventful. I''ve had my e-ring with the jeweler for a little bit because we were having a sizing problem. I went in about a month ago to get the ring sized down, but they sized it down too small (5.25 instead of 5.5). Well, silly me, spent about 2 weeks squeezing it onto my finger so now my knuckle is swollen
7.gif
. So I took it back last week and went to pick it up Saturday. Well, unfortunately, the ring still didn''t fit. So they''re sizing it... Again... Hopefully I''ll have it back on Wednesday. On Sunday I did a lot of strength training. It was just me, my 10 pounds weights and my 10 pound ankle weights. It was awesome and I''m going to do it again tonight. Today, I had a food tasting and planning appointment at the venue
18.gif
.Tomorrow is gym featuring cardio and lower body strength exercises. And considering what I ate tonight, I''m going to need it.

Goodnight all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I hope you had a good day.

Tlh, I also used to hear being cold burns calories but since I am always cold that didn’t appear to work for me before.LOL.The foot pain was more the top of the foot.That is great the Dr. Scholls inserts help your Plantar Fasciatis.Marty has some good feet inserts that have worked well for him.I might look in to something; if my feet could quit hurting I would be almost pain free (except for when my hand or knees try to get my attention).When I get my feet measured they recommend a ½ size smaller than what I wear but they always seem uncomfortable to me.When I was heavy I wore men’s running shoes because they seemed to fit me well.Now I wear women’s but I have problems getting the arch in the right place.I wear Brooks most of the time.I do tie my shoes very tight.I actually gave myself a stress fracture about 10 years ago.My feet were getting more sore all the time so I kept buying larger and wider shoes for comfort and I fractured my right foot.That is when I went to the men’s running shoes and tightened them up as much as I could stand to keep my foot rigid.Thanks for the kudos for me and my family.My friend that is a survivor sent me a very nice note for walking in it.She always runs every year in the one in Arizona and Montana (her 2 homes.)How nice you ran with your husband this weekend.I agree men’s shirts are not made for women’s hips.Your cake and champagne sounds fun.Watching your wedding video is always fun.

Dragonfly, I am glad you started your gym membership this morning.I am sure you will enjoy it.

Somethingshiny, how nice your sister is going away to school.I am sure she’ll have a great time.How neat she consulted you on healthy food.I am so sorry to hear you injured your foot again.I hope it gets better soon.

Diva, your flowers will look great together.Good choice!I hate when they don’t get the ring the right size for you.I hope they get it right this time.Have fun food tasting.

My day was pretty uneventful.We are pretty slow at work for a few more weeks.

I met some friends for lunch.I ordered off the senior menu (less expensive and less food).One of my friends was giving me a hard time ordering off it but the waitress didn’t care.I ordered breakfast; it just sounded good.For supper we had linguini with low fat alfredo and bread sticks.I made Marty a salad and I had raw veggies.

I am so excited my WF PC studs will be here tomorrow.They sent me pictures too which I posted in jewelry.I can hardly wait to get them.I will be pacing around shipping and receiving at work tomorrow until they show up.

Take care.

35.gif

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

tlh - congratulations on your anniversary. It sounds like you had a great day, and very romantic at that! And matching tops . . . aww, how sweet.

dragonfly - yay for joining a gym. I hope you enjoy it! Before I got hurt, I went to the gym 4 days a week after work for stress relief. I loved it.

shiny - good for your sis going off to school. It will be an adventure, and I hope she has fun! Oh, and learns too. Sorry you keep reinjuring your foot. I broke the top of my foot last September, and it seems like I can''t quit dropping heavy things on it. Shoes would help, probably. I haven''t worn anything but sandals since April, and sandals don''t offer much protection from a 46 oz can of juice.

diva - hopefully they''ll get your ring right this time. .25 makes a big difference when it comes to ring/finger size! Since I lost some weight, I really need to have my rings sized down .25. The spinning drives me nuts. Your flower colors sound beautiful. I have a friend who got married the first weekend in October a few years ago, and I loved everything about her wedding!

marcy - sorry that your foot is bothering you, but good for you & your family for participating in the walk. My boss started her chemo treatments today, and she has warned us that she is going to buy lots of colorful wigs - just in case we don''t recognize her walking around the office. Be sure to post ear shots of your new earrings! I''ve been considering a new pair of studs for my 30 pound gift to myself, which I''ll have figured out by the time I reach 40 pounds.

My day wasn''t great. Yesterday I noticed my kitty Kiki, who I have had for 16 years (she was a stray, so I don''t know how old she is), looked really bad. I took her to the vet first thing this morning and spent about half the day there. Even though her bloodwork has been great, she is suddenly in end-stage kidney failure. I know it wasn''t sudden, but she didn''t show any kind of symptoms until this past Friday. She''s in the ICU at the kitty hospital, and they''re going to treat her for 3 days to see how she responds. I went on to work and cried the rest of the day. My other 2 kitties and Lily have been looking around for her all evening. I''m so sad. My hubby actually cried at the vet''s office too. We don''t have kids, and our pets are our babies.

We weren''t able to walk again today due to heavy thunderstorms and lightening. It has rained for hours, and we''re under a flash flood watch for the next several hours. We go out every few hours to check the creek behind our house, and it now looks like a flowing river with whitecaps. We probably won''t get much sleep tonight, and I hope we don''t lose electricity!

Sorry to be such a downer - everybody have a good day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Deegee, I am so sorry to hear about Kiki, mega PS get well dust is coming her way.Hugs to you and your husband.I hope the creek stays away from your house.Good luck to your boss with her chemo treatments.I think studs would be an awesome as a reward for losing 30 pounds.I bought myself a 2 ct. diamond bracelet when I lost 100 pounds and bought myself diamond dangle earrings when I reached my goal.Sparkles are great rewards.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
goodmorning all! This morning I did the weight machines at the gym and ran 3 miles YAY!!! Last night was boring, but SO and I had a good talk. We had a nice healthy dinner of hamburger patties with mustard (his included jalapenos as well) and peaches. He was all about it too!!

SomethingShiny - what about a sleep yoga routine? hanging forward folds, sitting poses, childs pose, downward dog?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends, I have been super busy over the weekend w/a few parties we attended and visiting friends. Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend; it sounds like there were some great races finished, woooo hoo healthy lifestyle friends!!!!! Our friends had us over and gave us some fresh tomatos and cucumbers so I have been snacking on those, yum. hehe

I wanted to sigh up for another 5k run in Sept but my allergies have been so bad that I might have to do a winter one. Hopefully my allergies will get better so I can do some more jogging. The weather has been warm out here and I have been doing lots of walking; 4 mi walks in the evenings.
1.gif
3.gif

I have been staying at goal which makes me feel good
16.gif
about being able to do this; we had a bunch of parties and I met friends for lunch so many times these past few weeks and vacations. I was worried I would get to my goal and then start going back up but I am more aware of what I am eating and if I feel full, etc. In the past I would have gained back some slowly, thank goodness I have learned some really healthy habits and also remembering food isn't going anywhere. hehe

Hope everyone has a great day friends!!
35.gif

LORELEI, coooeee!
9.gif

MARCY, great job on your walk that is awesome!!!!! Yay for your dear mom too!!!
36.gif
Hope your foot will be okay honey.

TLH, wooo for you and hubby running your 5k, super awesome!
36.gif
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!

DRAGONFLY , wooohooo for a 3 mile run!!!!
36.gif

SS, awe, that is great your sister went off to school; you should be proud, that is awesome! I love that she asked you about healthy foods; she looks up to you! Oh no about your foot
8.gif
I am so sorry; hope it heals quick.

DIVA, you are such a beautiful lady! Yay for a great workout!

DEEGEE, prayers for your kitty.
emrose.gif
huge hugs to you. our pets are our babies.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hello all!

Diva~ Do you have a thread with all of your preparations going? I usually don''t venture into the BWW but I''d love to see the pics! Oh no to your ering! I just got a 10th anni ring that is about a quarter size to small. I''ve been holding off sizing it because I figure my hands will shrink a bit in the winter, but I''ve only worn it a few times because it is uncomfortable.

Marcy~ Lol to cold burning calories. Maybe that''s why my mom is such a toothpick! I have problems finding good tennis shoes because of my arch and width. I really like New Balance cross trainers. Walking shoes have an odd arch in general for my foot. New Balance is a nice comfy width but I can get a good tightness across the top. I also wear my shoes a half size to a full size bigger than what I measure. Your dinner sounds delicious! Did you make the low-fat alfredo? If so I''d love the recipe! I need to go check out your studs!

deegee~ Yikes to a giant juice can on your foot!! I broke my foot a few years ago and I kept doing that too. I did wear shoes after that injury though! LOL. I''m sorry about your kitty.

dragonfly~ I usually do a few folds and down dogs before bed to ease my back. It''s a great idea to just take those easy, relaxing poses into a full routine before bed. Thanks!

skippy~ Have you ever tried marinating your cukes in vinegar and sugar? They become delicious! YAY for 4 mile walks!

I am going to make taco salads tonight, I''m really looking forward to it! I''m going to do a hip-focused yoga today. Also I want to incorporate some basic exercises into my day like push-ups, sit-ups etc. So, what kind of those exercises should I do? Full push-ups? crunches? Should I stretch first?

Have a great day!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
SS, funny you ask; I am doing rice vinegar and love them!!!! I would warm up do your push ups and sit ups and stretch after, or at least that is what I do since the muscles are warm, good job! Yay for hip yoga, I bet that feels great!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly- I''m glad you enjoyed your time at the gym and got some exercise in over the weekend. 2 miles is FANTASTIC! Great job on your 3 mile run!

shiny- exciting times for your sis! Sweet that she looks up to you and values your opinion, that is fantastic! Dang woman, stop cutting that foot! I know when I do yoga, it revs me up or a workout video, it is like I teased my body and woke it up.... but when I do a really hard run, I follow it by a cold shower, and drink some nice hot tea, I''m wiped within 30 minutes... and want to go to sleep. It just really depends on the level of effort I put into it I guess... So yeah, I can see how it can cause trouble sleeping if you are working out right before bedtime. And what is normal for everyone else, doesn''t mean it is normal for you... are you always revved up after working out? Then you might need to shift your schedule around a hair if you can. Thanks for your annie wishes!
9.gif
Oh and as far as some basic moves, I like the Plank. I like doing pushups in sets of 10-20... depending on where you''re starting out. First try to do one set of 10 pushups in good form. If you can''t.. do modified. Then do ab moves, like bicycle crunches in sets of 20. Then build from there.

Diva- Your flowers sound divine, I love gerbera daisies... so colorful, and fun! Good idea to block this website, what a crafty fellow! Your weekend actually sounds great! (Other than the sizing part, that part stinks a little. Sorry about your knuckle! I hope the food tasting went well, and you''re excited about your menu! Enjoy the cardio tonight!

marcy- yeah, I''m always cold too. I also heard it meant you''d burn more calories.. you should have seen how many times I''d just eat ice when I was younger. CUPS AND CUPS OF IT. Now I think of it and it makes me laugh. NO! Your shoes should be 1/2 size LARGER than what you wear, and for awhile til you get used to it... they feel like clown shoes. (Because your feet swell half a size during exercise.) The ball of your foot, should match up with the widest part of the shoe- around the top of the laces, and your toe should hit about half an inch from the outside edge. You should be fitting the shoe so that it seems to flex with your foot. If that makes any sense. I try lots of different brands, but have found I like Nike and Adidas best because they run Narrow. They fit me best. I''d mix it up, and try on a lot. If you never run and only walk, you''d be best getting a "walking" shoe. Because of the movement of the foot during walking, they shoes are constructed differently. I actually prefer trail shoes, over running shoes, because I like the extra traction on the shoe... but try on a lot and discover what you like best. No wonder the tops of your feet hurt, it sounds as if your shoes are too small, and tied waaay too tight. Some shoes are wider, but still come up snug against the arch and provide support. They also have "Super FEET" inserts that can be cut to fit the inside of your shoe exactly by professionals. This might help too. i''d try on a lot more, and see what works. Sometimes being brand loyal, doesn''t do you any favors. WOAH, does your friend do the 3-day! WOW! KUDDOS TO HER! Your lunch sounds fun. I CAN''T WAIT TO SEE YOUR WF SPARKLIES!!!
36.gif

deegee- I''m sorry to read about Kiki. I hope that she is getting the love and care she needs. ((HUGS)) Sorry about the poor weather, and all the stress you are under. Just try to focus on those 16 wonderful years Kiki has brought into your life so far... and all her miscievious behavior. Did you ever think she ran away, just to find her hiding in a closet hours later? Have you caught her trying to drink from the tub you were trying to get into? Those happy memories, no one can take away from you. ***dust that she''ll get better***

skippy - I LOVE TOMATOS AND CUCUMBERS!!! YUMYUM! Your 4 mile walks in the evenings sound fantastic. Maintaining your weight is fantastic, GOOO SKIPPY GOOO!!! Sign up for your next race or event whenever you are ready. You only have one body, but there are hundreds of races every year. The hubs has some awful allergies too. He takes advair, and it really helps him control his allergy induced asthma.

Good morning all!
35.gif

This morning I had a nice run. The sunrise is slowly getting later and later, which means a lot of my run is in the dark. So I''ve been lighting myself up like times square, and blinking my way when I run. The humidity was so thick this morning I actually felt wet. It was quite an odd sensation. HAven''t felt taht way since the midwest. the pool started its fal hours, so when we swim, it is not in the sunlight. It is in shade, WOW that makes the water a lot colder. Made me happy for my Bodyglove top! I''m having salad for dinner. I''m excited. Almonds, Mandarin Oranges, chow mein noodles, chicken, and spinach and cabbage with a low cal asian dressing. YUM!

"Never look down on anybody unless you''re helping him up." ~Jesse Jackson

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Tuesday!

tlh, LOL @ lighting yourself up like Times Square! But I''m glad you''re doing the safe thing, especially when running in the morning. I can only imagine what the humidity felt like. Was that really early in the morning or just throughout the day? Oh, the food tasting was awesome. A little too awesome. It was just Derek and I, but the venue made enough food for 4 people. Yikes! So we have a lot of leftovers. Hey, at least I won''t have to make dinner for the next 2 nights.
1.gif

Hey somethingshiny! Thanks for checking out my thread! I actually don''t have a BWW thread. But I''m going to start posting there more often so lookout! Yeah, the ring thing will hopefully be resolved by tomorrow. The swelling has gone down quite a bit, but I managed to get a callus on the inner part of my finger. So something tells me it still won''t fit. Oh well...

Skippy, you sound like you had a great time this weekend. And very nice that you''ve become more aware of your eating habits. That to me always speaks of a long lived healthy lifestlye.

dragonfly, so another day at the gym and ran 3 miles? YAY! That''s quite an accomplishment!

deegee, I''m so sorry to hear about Kiki. I really hope she gets better. Very sad. And I hope that you, hubby, and your kittens recover from this sad time. It''s amazing how attached we can get to our babies. I lost my cat about a year ago to cancer in the GI tract. It was the most awful feeling in the world and my other 2 cats still haven''t recovered. And quite frankly, neither have I. So I completely understand. Sorry if I''m rambling.

marcyc, Wow! You''re earrings will be here tomorrow! I''m going to go check out the photos you posted after I post this. I know they''re going to look amazing on you!

Today was eerily quiet at work. A lot of people took the day off so it was empty. But the workload remained the same. After work, I came home, grabbed my bag and headed for the gym. Did my usual cardio, some lower body strength training, and stretching. Derek finally had a good time at the gym and kept himself very busy. So much so that I went over to him this time and said, "Whenever you''re ready to go..."
9.gif
. Then I came home and had some of the tasting leftovers. Roasted chicken with asparagus and baby carrots. Delicious!

Have a great night everyone!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening all!

marcy - wow! Awesome weight loss, woman! My goal is 60 pounds, so I''m a little over halfway there. I''m averaging about 2 pounds per week, and I''m actually quite happy with that. I''ll be at my goal very close to my 15th anniversary. I''m planning to have my ering set in platinum and I can''t decide whether or not to upgrade the stone to a larger one. I''m pretty happy with the size and it''s a beautiful WF ACA stone, so maybe just a new setting. You have so many nice pieces and I''m so bling-deprived. I wasted too much money on purses over the years and should have been buying jewelry instead!

skippy - Yay for you maintaining! I have that fear of losing weight and then going back up. A coworker who lost a lot of weight on WW and kept it off told me that I absolutely had to get rid of all my larger clothes, and keep nothing to fall back on if I were to gain again. I''m going to give that a try, and I can''t let myself slip. I hope your allergies get better. My poor hubby has allergies and no medicines seem to help him. It''s that time of year where he snores so loud at night! He sneezes a lot while we''re walking, especially on nice days where a lot of people have mowed their lawns.

shiny - mmm...taco salad sounds tasty. I obviously didn''t eat enough for dinner because I''m hungry again! I was wrong about my yoga video. It''s actually called Pilates for Inflexible People. I have a yoga book for people who have had back injuries. Yeah, I checked the pictures and I think I''d get stuck.

tlh - I live near the midwest, and the last few days it has been so humid that it feels like you are walking through a film of something. Sunday it was 94 degrees with 95% humidity and miserable. I felt like I was melting! When we walked tonight, the humidity was 90%. You start sweating just standing on the porch. Poor little Lily came home and crashed on the air vent, and she hasn''t moved since.

dragonfly - you''re doing great with all the exercise. And you''re exercising in the morning? Impressive. (I have a really hard time getting out of bed.)

I got and got ready for work today, and then un-got ready for work and went back to bed. I decided that I needed a mental health day and it did a world of good! Thankfully our house didn''t have storm damage. The creek bank washed away in several places and there are some trees down, but nothing near our house. I think I saw a utility truck from every possible utility company in our neighborhood today, and lots of people out with chainsaws cutting off loose tree branches. I had to dodge a few downed trees on my way to visit Kiki in the kitty hospital. I appreciate everyone''s kind thoughts about her. She looks a lot better today and is responding to treatment so far. I stayed with her for about and hour and a half, and she curled up in my lap and purred her heart out like she always does. She was attached to an IV bag on an IV pole, so we couldn''t move around much. Hubby and I only walked 2 miles tonight before it started lightening again. After the storm passes, we''re going to try to get at least another mile or two in tonight.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Diva! I'm sorry about your kitty, and thanks for thinking about my Kiki. She was my very first pet after moving out on my own, and we have been through a lot together. I've had her longer than my husband has been around. It's weird how the last two days so many memories have come back. I know they can get her stabilized now and treat her for a while, but that day will come way to soon when I have to make the decision I have always dreaded.

Good for you being so dedicated with working out and eating well. I'm doing really good with the eating well part, but I need to exercise more than just walking a few miles in the evening. It seems like it's helping though. Have a great day tomorrow!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......I never got the opportunity to check in yesterday, so happy new week. Charlie got in last night a little late, and then we had dinner and by the time I got some work done, and my stretches, it was just too late to check in. I''ve made some decent progress on the pain front. While it''s still there, it''s definitely not as intense and while my physical therapist had been encouraged, and I wasn''t so sure, I''m now at least a bit encouraged too. I had a good PT session tonight. He worked my leg and core hard. I was planning to go to the gym after my session, but my therapist asked me to wait until tomorrow night. Maybe doing a gym session after PT is too much given the amount of pain I''ve been living with. I''ll go the gym tomorrow night after work, then PT again Thursday. He''s put together a very specific order of what he wants me to do at the gym, which eliminates some of the things I do, and he plans to add things to see if anything I''m doing is helping to prolong the pain or increase it. At least I''m not in horrendous pain and for that I''m grateful.

Thank you for opening the thread Dear Lorelie. We''d be lost without you!!

Marcy, I loved the "Glamour Shots" of the beautiful new sparklies and I know you''ll be so happy with them. You have post pics here and in Jewelry, OK?? I''m sure tomorrow''s going to be a great day!!

Thank you so much tlh. Your kind thoughts are so appreciated. I will let everyone know when the procedure is scheduled. There are evidently only a few specialists who can perform such a procedure, so she''ll have to wait a few weeks to get into one of the top hospitals (Georgetown Medical Center) in DC.

Woo Hoo for a new gym membership dragon. I know you''ll enjoy it in great health!

Congratulations on getting your sister off to school SS!! I''m so sorry you injured your foot gain. Yep, shoes are something worth making a comittment to!!

Diva, sorry you''ve had ring sizing issues. I hope this time it''s the right size.

deegree, you know we''re cat people. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Kiki. We''ve been there with renal failure. We had a siamese cat (Cabboodle) and when she was 15, she was diagnosed with renal failure. It''s amazing what they can do for cats with this these days. For a full year, we took her to the vet once or twice a week for fluid exchange and she lived in relative comfort for that entire time. Finally, the vet had to let us know when there was no more they could do and it was time to say farewell. Anyway, I hope the vet gives you good news and it''s not time to part company yet. Hugs to you and Kiki.........

Hey dear Skippy. Sounds like you had a fun weekend and even with parties, staying at goal is great. Sorry your allergies are bothering you.........

I''ll try to check in tomorrow night, but it will be a quick checkin as I am going to the gym after work.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.

35.gif
The height of my day was when a big box arrived from Fedex.I ripped them open walking down the hall.Ha Ha.I am very pleased with my earrings.I spent some time tonight taking a few close up shots of them and had Marty take a few shots of them on my ears.

Dragonfly, Yay for running 3 miles.Boring nights with a good talk are nice sometimes.

Skippy, glad you had fun weekend.How wonderful to get some fresh tomatoes and cucumbers from the garden.They are always so much better.I hate to hear your allergies are so bad, I am right there with you too.We’ve been so wet here we have more grass and weeds than normal and my allergies have been horrid too.Rats for us.Woo hoo for staying at your goal and for learning those valuable lessons.

36.gif
My food is doing a lot better this week.Thank you for the yay for my mom and me.

Somethingshiny, thank you for reminding me of the change we have with rings in the winter.My EC ring is about a quarter size too big and I worry it will fall off me in the cold.I’d best get that turned in.Our feet sounds alike.If the width or length is right the arch feels out of place.I have some NB walking shoes in the size they say I should wear and they do feel pretty good on my feet.I might try some inserts.Actually this time I used the Ragu low fat alfredo and it was not as good as the one I get in the deli with the fresh pasta.I don’t recall the brand I usually buy but it starts with a B anda serving is 70 calories. I should try to find a low fat recipe because it is so much better.

Tlh, I used to be pretty warm when I was younger too.I would run around with my coat hanging open, no hat or mittens; now I dress up in full winter gear.Too funny about eating cups of ice; that does make me chilly thinking about it.I do love to drink ice water though; I fill the cup full of ice then add the water.Thank you for the tips on shoes.The reason I use running shoes is they have better arch support than walking shoes (or so an orthopedic surgeon told me).My feet are always so darn sore I worry about doing more damage to them so I kind of stick with what works for me.Maybe I will go talk to the guys at that good feet store. They seemed pretty knowledgeable.If you run in the morning before sunrise watch for meteors.There is a big meteor shower tomorrow morning.

Diva, I hate days like that at work.The day after Thanksgiving is eerily quiet where we work.Glad you and Derek had a good time at the gym.I am so sorry to hear about your cat.How sad.

Deegee, thank you for the compliment on my weight loss.Congratulations to you for being ½ way to your goal.

36.gif
I understand being happy with your diamond; I am too.I did get new wedding rings last year and like them better.What brands of purses do you buy?I like Stone Mountain and Fossil and I can see where you could spend a lot of money on purses.Have fun working on building up your jewelry collection. I am glad you took the day off; it sounds like a well deserved break for you.That is good to hear your house is okay.I am delighted to hear Kiki and you spent some nice time together today.

Rod, I am happy to hear you are making progress on the pain front; it seems like you’ve been suffering with that for far too long.Yay for Charlie being home.Thank you for wishing me to wear my earrings in good health.That was sweet of you.I will drag a few of my earring photos here for you.Good luck at the gym tomorrow.

I wasn’t very busy at work today but I had my earrings to keep me entertained.They showed up about 10 am.I had people listen for the overhead page Fed-Ex was on site and when they let me know they arrived I headed down to shipping and receiving.

Breakfast was cheerios and fresh fruit, lunch was a ham sandwich and sun chips, supper was a couple of tacos and slow churned ice cream.I had the 100 cal milanos for my afternoon snack and one of the mini bagels this morning with a little cream cheese.

Take care.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And now for my Whiteflash studs:

wfclos2.jpg
wfpcearsht.jpg

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Happy late Tuesday all, I wasn''t going to post, as I''m beat, beat BEAT, but I just *had* to say something to Marcy about her studs. I *LOOOOVE* the sparkle!!!!

Rod, glad you''re getting encouraged with the sacaitia and herniated disc.

TLH, Skip, Deegee, Lorelei, Dragon, Shiny & Diva, HELLO!!! I''m going to write tomorrow morning when I''m a little more rested up.

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
marcyc, they're GORGEOUS! YAY!

I just had to come by to say that. I'll come back later and post.

Have a great day everyone!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Marcy, Can I say I love your earrings again? I love them!!! I wanted to say big congrats to you and your family for doing the Cancer walk. James and I saw some Avon walkers on Sunday when we took the pooch to the doggie beach

TLH, What a sweet anniversary!!! A 5K, cake, champagne sounds fantastic! Funny that you say you're lit up like times Square. In chicago there's so many cyclists that don't put lights on their bikes at night. It pisses me and James off so much! I'm with you, all about safety. I wear a blinking bike light if I run in the dark.

Dragon, Hooray gym time, great job! nice to see you 'round these parts again.

Shiny, oh no!!!! I hope your cut heals quickly. I totally get what you mean about staying up after exercise. I can get either really awake or just crash and be really really tired. Half the time I have no idea what my body will do. :) Yay for yoga! Sister and I will try to hit it on Friday. I defintely think doing some body weight exercises are good. Full push ups are the best, but you can do modified on your knees and work up to full push ups. Chair dips, and planks and side planks are also great. Crunches (bicycle crunches and obliques). That coupled with yoga should be a pretty good workout for you.

Diva, wow, productive wedding weekend. MY engagement ring got damaged, I crashed off my bicycle and it hit the pavement pretty hard. One of the side stone prongs are damaged, I need to find a jeweler to fix it. Sad. I'm glad your FI enjoyed his gym time too.

Degee, aw, sorry to hear about your kitty. Your hubby sounds really sweet too. Some crazy sounding thunder storms!!! I'm glad you didn't have any storm damage. Mental health days are phenomenal!

Rod, I'm glad you're seeing progress with your PT. THat's great and I'm happy you're not in horrendous pain either. It's good to take a breather from the gym a little, give your body some recovery time. :) Glad Charlie's back.

Skip, fun weekend. I love catching up with old friends. I have a happy hour tonight with some of my old coworkers. they might meet James for the first time, if htey show up. They've cancelled on my twice now.

Tonight will probably be no gym time if I do my happy hour. really hope those guys come out. I'm starting to feel really unpopular :) Just kidding. Anyway, last night we worked out with our trainer. This is the last week of strength training. I did 110lb incline presses and 160 lb dead lifts. Next we'll probably do fat burning/interval training and stabiliity exercises. Dinner was whole wheat spaghetti & turkey meat balls. We ate really late though since I was dropping stuff off for sis.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
diva- (The humidity unfortunately lasted most of the day. YAY MONSOONS!) I''m thrilled you had a nice time at your food tasting, that is awesome, I''m glad you get yummy leftovers, and enjoyed yourselves! It is good Derek is finally enjoying himself at the gym. I think we all hit a funk sometimes! Funny thing, cuz that is EXACTLY what my hubs and I say to the other when we''re at the gym.
21.gif

deegee- I KNOW THAT FEELING. I think I''ve often wanted to crash on the vent too... but usually end up standing naked in front of a huge tower fan! HA! I''m glad kiki is responding to treatment, and that you took a mental health day. Sometimes we just need one! The storms sound terrible. Glad nothing happened to your house or car... and you were able to get some miles in.

ROD_ I''m really glad to read you have some diminished pain, and your PT sounds terrific. It is good he''s looking so deeply into what you are doing outside of your sessions to find the answers to your pain rubix cube. I have faith that he''ll solve it... even if it takes a lot of twisting around. I''m also really glad that your mother will be going into one of the top hospitals - that is really important for finding great care - is finding the physicians/surgeons who possess the right knowledge.

marcy- PRETTIES, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOK AT THOSE PUPPIES,
30.gif
Yeah, running shoes do provide excellent arch support because the foot needs more stability running, as there is a much harder impact on the landing. I was looking and didn''t see any meteors this morning... maybe it is all the pollution?
8.gif
Your eats sound delicious as always!

LISA - sorry you''re so tired. I know what you mean. It is weird because cyclists are held to the same laws as a car. You can get DWI''s on a bike, tickets, you name it... why won''t they put a light on themselves? WEIRD. Me and my hubs are all about safety. Heck, life''s too short to be taken out by an automobile.
28.gif
Your workout sounds killer, you are gonna rock your way down that aisle!

Everyone, have a fabulous mid-week!
35.gif

This morning was nice. I took the pups on a short walk. Which is always fun. Spotlights on the dogs, blinking lights all over me. We look like a walking seizure warning. My upper calf has been REALLY tight. Nothing too serious right now, but I''ve learned the subtle warnings my body says when it is about to give out... so I took this morning off. I''ve been icing my leg about 3 times a day, and hoping I''ll be top notch by the weekend. Dinner last night was really good. I''d do that again! Tonight we''re having the walnut/strawberry/arugala salad and since we have leftover oranges, I may thow those on there. The strawberries, are finding the end of their season though, so I''m trying to enjoy this as much as I can, before they aren''t good anymore. Tonight I think I''ll do some yoga with the hubs. I think I''ll take the night off from swimming, just to rest up even further.

"Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Good morning everyone! I''m glad I''m finally back in here and getting back in the swing. I think I needed some inspiration and the 5k is really helping me find that. I took a break from the gym today. SO stayed home to take his boat to be finished
9.gif
so we relaxed together this AM and had a nice breakfast of English muffins with peanut butter and some yogurt. Last night we had sausage biscuits with fruit. Lunch is veggies for me today, just steamed veggies. I plan to do some abdominal work later tonight but I am actually cooking for some girlfriends tonight. We''ll have my signature spicy mashed black beans with couscous lol. I gotta get out of that rut, but they also don''t like fish, and seeing as we just had pasta Friday night I didn''t want to make that again. Can you tell my cooking is limited? I might toss a salad to go with it, but depends on what''s handy.

Skippy - I''m sorry your allergies are bugging you! But good job on walking and keeping at your goal weight
36.gif
How are the flowers?
2.gif

SS - I normally do some jumping jacks before I do pushups and things like that just to limber up and get the blood flowing. You could also try doing arm swinging movements, marching in place or just walking around. Or even some of your yoga moves! I recommend starting out doing 20-25 of each and working your way up.

TLH - your salad sounds yummm!
18.gif

Diva - Glad you had a good gym night!

Deegee- I hope your kitty feels better soon!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi.

35.gif
I hope everyone had a wonderful day.I am counting down the days will the weekend because then I am off work until the 25th.Woo hoo!!!

Diva, thank you for stopping by to comment on my earrings.I still like them.Tee hee.

Lisa, thank you for the big congrats to us for the cancer walk.Yes, you can say you love my earrings.Thank you.I was very sorry to hear you damaged your ering.I hope they get it fixed for you okay.Have fun at happy hour.

Tlh, I wore my walking shoes today and they actually were more comfortable.They are the ones that are the size my foot measures but ½ size smaller than I usually buy and they started to bother one of my big toes.Maybe I will pick out some walking shoes in the size I normally wear and see how I do with them.I am glad you like my pretties.Rats for not seeing any meteors.There could be some tomorrow as well.LOL at a walking seizure warning; they can see you coming for miles, eh?I hope your calf gets better with some rest.

Dragonfly, glad the 5k is helping inspire you.

Eats today were cheerios, strawberries, mini bagel, mac and cheese, carrots and sun chips, 100 cal Lorna Doone, steak, rice and raw veggies.

I am off to start working on school papers.I need to get my campus syllabus and course objectives ready.Then I need to get the internet course ready to go.I can’t believe classes start again in less than 2 weeks.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......the day started off a bit frustrating. Our phone system at work went down till after noon, and since we spend our day on the phone, it was oddly quiet. The afternoon was more normal. I did go to the gym after work. I can''t say there was much change from yesterday in the pain department. I seem to be able to walk a bit further, which is definitely good. I have PT after work tomorrow. It''s late and I have do some work, so I''ll end for the day.

Of course I have to say YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY to Marcy. They''re absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I am delighted to hear you can walk farther. That is progress. Thanks for the big "YAY" for my earrings.
9.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Happy Wednesday all! I wish it was a good day for me but it ended up a mixed bag. Work was good, and I got a run in with my sister and the pooch. But two things really pissed me off today and that brought me down, down down. I''m still kinda down but am trying to get over it.

Happy Hour was cancelled on me AGAIN!!! Those guys have punked out on me THREE times now! I''m starting to feel like the last person picked on the softball team. (side note, I nearly wrote "software" instead of "softball" (shoot did it again!). Signs I''ve got too work on my mind!) So Sis and I got a 3 mile run in with the dog. That was good. The run helped me dissipate that I was pissed my old coworkers stood me up again.

The second thing that got me mad was James forgot to include my brother on the bachelor party invite list. He didn''t send my brother anything until I asked him yesterday, "Is Ryan invited to the bachelor party? He doesn''t know anything about it. Can you send him the info?" So that was mulling and steaming about all day. I was kinda down tonight when we met one of James''s friends out at a bar. They were talking about the bachelor party. I decided I should say something to him. So I did, I got out of my shower and told him I was hurt that my brother wasn''t invited or was left off the invite list. That didn''t go over too well. We walked the dog, then he apologized before he turned into bed. I guess I''ll just have to get over it since we can''t rewind what happened. It''s just really, really REALLY shitty.

Rod, I''m so happy you can walk further. I hope your PT can help you tomorrow. It seems he''s really dialed into helping you kick this 100%

Marcy, what''s a Lorna Doone? I can''t believe school starts again in 2 wks. Didn''t you *just* finish grading papers??? I haven''t dropped my e-ring off to anyone yet. I''m asking my friend for her husband''s cousin''s contact info, whom we bought the setting from in the first place.

Dragon, 5k''s are a great inspiration! I''m sure you can bang one of those out no problem. They''re super fun!!!! Is your SO doing it with you? Hm, you should check out some Mid-Eastern or Indian recipes for some super tasty veggie fare. I can''t get enough of it. Too bad James doesn''t fancy it too much, otherwise it''d be a weekly or bi-weekly rotation. Sigh....

TLH that''s AWESOME that cyclists are held to the same laws as cars. In Chicago, there are cyclists talking on their mobile phones or listening to headphones WHILE they''re biking!!!
20.gif
I was telling James, if I ever hit one of those people it should totally be blamed on them. I put a blinkie light on the pooch when I''m walking her at night in a busy area. She''s all black so it can be really hard to spot her. Except when there''s 6 inches of snow on the ground, then she sticks out like a sore thumb. Awesome with the resting up. Listen to your body, that''s key. :)

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Morning!
35.gif

liang, sorry they keep canceling on you. I hate it when that happens. I can actually understand the bachelor party thing, but I''m glad things worked out. I''m going to assume that your sister''s ankle is doing better since you guys went for a nice run.

Hey Rod! Wow... I don''t remember the last time the phones stopped working at work. I think I''d actually enjoy that.

marcyc, I can''t believe classes are back in session already. The summer went by so quickly. I hope you weren''t up too late prepping. And I''m glad you really like your earrings. Nothing better than having beautiful jewlery.

dragonfly, your breakfast sounds delicious. I can''t remember the last time I had an english muffin. It''s going on the shopping list for this weekend. I''m glad the 5k is keeping you motivated.

tlh, that must''ve been so much fun walking with the pups. I''m imagining what you all looked like with all the lights and stuff all over you. LOL! Good for listening to your body and taking a break. And I''m glad you''re icing your leg and I''m sure it''ll feel better in no time.

I actually fell asleep really early last night so I didn''t get to post. And... Because I fell asleep so early, I''ve been up since 4AM and I''m getting sleepy again. No biggie and nothing coffee can''t fix. I picked up my ring yesterday and at last, it fits! Well, sort of. It''s actually a little big so it swings around like crazy, but it can''t get past my knuckle without effort so I''ll deal. I''m just glad to finally have it back. Can''t believe the jeweler had it for a week. Sheesh... I had an up and down day too yesterday so I''m hoping today is better. Derek and I were taking engagement photos yesterday and we were talking during the session. So it started with my saying that I''m going to miss him next weekend because he''s going away for his bachelor party. After that, I said that I''ll make myself feel better by snuggling up with a tub of ice cream, but apparently he didn''t find that funny. So it created a very awkward moment. He seems to be very concerned that I''m going to gain all the weight I lost before the wedding. And to him, there''s really nothing wrong with that, but he says that he knows me and that I wouldn''t be happy at a higher weight. So now I''m re-assuring him that I will not buy a large tub of ice cream and eat it in one shot.
31.gif
Hopefully the photos taken after that came out okay. As for today, I just got to work and it''s really quiet because everyone''s late. And I just realized that I left my gym bag at home so I won''t be able to take my core techniques class today.
8.gif
So to make up for that, I''ll go back home, get my bag and hit the gym near my apartment so that I can at least get some exercise in. I have meetings all day starting at 10, so here''s to hoping this day goes by quickly.

Have a good day everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results