shape
carat
color
clarity

He purchased the cushion... now which setting? (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Portia!

I like the setting on the right as well. Your stone is gorgeous!!
30.gif
I absolutely love it. Can''t wait to see the finished ring.

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Portia,

I forgot to mention that the setting on the right side was my fav. but I think you will feel more comfortable when you review the settings again in person. I sometimes change directions at the last minute - the answer will come to you! Happy shopping and browsing!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all for taking the time to look and post your opinions.

Well, I couldn''t wait until next weekend to look at the settings again so we went yesterday afternoon. I tried both on again and some others I saw, but the Danhov one I didn''t want to take off! So as decodelighted said... I think it''s the "right" one! hehe
21.gif

However, I still love shared prong rings and since you really can''t wear a wedding band with the Danhov, the jeweler suggested getting a shared prong eternity band to wear on the other hand. That way I have both!

My BF took more pics and some of them turned out really nice. I''ll post a few more in a bit...

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Waiting on those pics......
31.gif
hehe

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
sooooooooooooo...where are the pics?
32.gif
9.gif

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, here they are! First... a pic of the stone...

DSC_0042sm.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the Danhov setting from the side...

DSC_0059sm.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
And here''s our stone on top of the setting. Didn''t work very well, but you kinda get the idea...

DSC_0046sm.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
So what do you all think? Is this the winning combo?

I think I like it best!
36.gif

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
OMG! That is totally a winning combo! I''m over here drooling! I love that stone...it''s gorgeous! And that setting complements your diamond beautifully! I love the pave and how it''s low-set! Absolutely stunning together!
30.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
OMG- Portia-
what a fantastic stone. Those shots are just incredible.
The setting will add icing to the cake.

Love the fire coming off of that baby.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW that setting is stunning from the side, the surprising part is that it''s so simple!! And the stone on top of it, swoonable.

I think that is definitely the right one!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a ring!

From the pictures it seems like a band made much like the shank of the ring could fit under the bezel ring holding the diamond. I can''t tell whether it may hit the pavilion of the diamond though...

A RHR shared prong band sounds great, of course.

Congrats for the very, very nice find
9.gif

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Hi Portia (and Boyfriend)

Congratulations on finding the cushion that "spoke" to you! It looks great!
30.gif

The Danhov ring is gorgeous!

Maya

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Love that Danhov!
Love that modern cushion!
Love em together!

Scintillating...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEvaiyghn. (or for the non-Southerners -- Divine!) You know what Nike says?

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Now that I have picked myself up off the floor....I LOVE IT! I''ve been away for a few days and I just saw your post. From the beginning, I was voting for the Danhov, and I adore it even more now! I can''t wait to see the finished ring!

PS: Where did you get that awesome cushion!?

portia

Brilliant_Rock
fatafelice,

The stone and setting are from Dimend Scaasi in Chicago. Issac is great to work with! We highly recommend him. He has such beautiful stones and settings. And he was very patient with me in choosing the setting. I''m very indecisive!! The ring should be done in a couple of weeks so we''ll post more pics then.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
portia, OMG are you kidding me??? That stone and the setting are just to die for. I don''t say that often. I am in love with it. Yay for you!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks fab. perfect choice. i can''t wait to see the pics once it''s done.

portia

Brilliant_Rock

kaleigh, mrssalvo

Thanks so much! I''m sooooo excited!!

1.gif
I really feel like we found something special. And it''s so great to share it with the community here... real diamond afficianados!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
portia,
the setting you picked is exquisite! absolutely beautiful. it is the perfect compliment to your cushion. well done!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
No thank you for showing us such a gorgeous stone and setting. Have to say it''s one of the prettiest I''ve EVER seen. Serioulsy. Can''t wait for those hand picks girl!!! And we want lots of them!!!
9.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
HA!!!! And WHO says cushions aren''t brilliant and have no fire? People who haven''t seen beautiful modern cushions like yours. Love the setting. I think it''s perfect, really. The stone is to die for. I think it is a killer combo! Congrats and wear in good health!!!
36.gif

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
I love it!!! WOW!!!

and it is good to know, i have fallen for some of their work... and i havent heard much about them.. thanks for the reasurance!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Portia,

It looks great. Any news on when it''ll be ready? I can''t wait to see the finished ring. Your diamond is absolutely gorgeous!
30.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Portia, that is the perfect ring. It is simply stunning. I am not a real cushion lover. They are pretty but not my favorite. Yours may have just won me over. How gorgeous is that rock? It''s so gorgeous, I''m typing with my chin on the floor.
30.gif
Congrats. Yes, that setting is the one.

shay

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Portia, that''s going to be a GORGEOUS ring!
36.gif
When is it going to be ready? I''m looking forward to some pictures! And congratulations to you and your honey!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Portia, you''ve got a fabulous stone and a setting to die for. I think they''ll look great together. Can''t wait to see the final ring. You must be so excited.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results