shape
carat
color
clarity

He purchased the cushion... now which setting? (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

portia

Brilliant_Rock

Hi PS''ers!

It''s been a few weeks since we last posted about the cushion we saw. We decided it was the one... it has such amazing sparkle and brilliance.

Now the really difficult decision... which setting?

My BF wants me to decide since he knows I''m extremely selective. Here is our stone in a temp setting.

DSC_0102sm.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock

These are the settings I tried on. I ''photoshopped'' our stone into the settings. The other setting I really like is GingerBCookie''s ring. Sorry, I don''t have a link to it. It reminds me of the Tiffany legacy ring which I tried on and liked, I just didn''t like their cushion cut and I''m not looking for a halo setting.

All you PS''ers have such incredible taste, I thought I''d post this to get your opinions.

One thing to note... my style is definitely more contemporary, but I do find myself drawn to some of the antique styles. Such a nice fusion of old and new.

Thoughs and opinions?

Thanks so much!

DSC_0052-1sm.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats on the purchase portia! i am very excited for you! i know you guys were struggling with the decision somewhat...i''m glad you found ''the one''. please tell us about it.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
It''s kind of hard to tell since your pics are from a distance, but I tend to like the setting on the right a bit better. It seems to fit a cushion better than the shared prong setting does.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
First of all your cushion is just gorgeous!!! Love it!!! I like the setting on the left, but they are both great!!!
30.gif
30.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
It''s cushion mania tonight! I love it.
WHAT a beautiful stone. Really. I''d love to know more. It is so brilliant.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Here are the specs of the stone:

Cushion Brilliant
7.89 x 7.20 x 4.8 mm
Weight: 1.92
Depth: 66.7 %
Table: 56%
Girdle: Med – Slightly thick, faceted
Culet: Medium
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Clarity: VS1
Color: E
Fluorescence: Faint

The setting on the left is a shared prong setting. The one on the right is from the Meno Collection by Danhov. It''s a knife edge with pave and then there is a pave halo underneath the stone. Really very pretty, but not what I thought I''d pick out for myself. However, I keep thinking about it! I''m obsession over this... how silly!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I KNEW IT!!!! A "modern cushion" !!!! And i knew it was colorless!!! I knew it I knew it LOL.. FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My fav!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

portia

Brilliant_Rock
hehe... you''re the cushion expert, moremoremore!!
1.gif

ello

Brilliant_Rock
I tried on these JB Star settings while on vacation in a Rochester at a Jewelry store...I never thought that I would like these settings but when I tried it on it was just beautiful. Both settings had cushions and I truly felt like a princess. My boyfriend had to drag me away with a sore heart! I felt like a movie star...if you ever have the opportunity to try on a JB Star setting you should give it a try...it certainly changed my heart from a plain setting to something really fancy! Now if only....

JBStar12.jpg

ello

Brilliant_Rock
I just love this setting on...

JBstar23.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Ries,

Those are gorgeous!!
30.gif
Maybe I should take my BF out and look a bit more. I''m sure someone must carry those in the Chicago area.

Thanks for the ideas!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
portia just as Storm is our resident expert on asschers, MMM is our resident expert on cushions!!!! That girl certainly knows her cushions, that''s fo sho!!!!
2.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i l
30.gif
ve that first pic ries posted
3.gif
yum!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
The pictures truly does not show the 3D effect on your hand. When I first saw these type of settings online, I was a bit overwhelmed but the settings are so beautiful in person. I''m more of a plain girl but good golly, who can say no to one of these! You should have seen my smile when I tried on the rings. I felt sorry for my Bo.... ha ha ha!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Actually, I love it in the solitaire.

What a fabulous stone!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you like how the thin wire-ish temp ring looks on your hand? In the pictures... it looks rather lovely. And this comes from someone who like heavy, wide rings! Of course that is pretty darn thin - but a knife-edge style ring would have some of the dainty look without compromise.

I love your Photoshop application! Yay!
9.gif

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Belle,

This is another one I tried on and was my personal favorite...(Radiant) The lady walked away for a few seconds with the ring on her finger and from a distance my jaw almost dropped on their fancy carpet....the ring looks sooo different on...Looks especially good with a 3Ct. stone.

I still keep the specs in my purse just for incase my boyfriend win the lottery. ha ha ha! It''s really difficult for me to decide between this setting and something more plain..."*&g%0" that''s me scratching my head.

RTD111111.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
jelly & valeria101,

You know... I actuallly was thinking the same thing. The thin solitaire looks really nice... it doesn''t compete with the stone. The jeweler asked me... "Do you want it to be about the ring or the stone?". Of course I couldn''t decide.
40.gif

Here''s another pic we tood of the solitare look with a 2.x carat shared prong eternity band.

DSC_0116sm.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
portia,
that beauty is going to look good no matter what you do with it!
3.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You said it sister!!!!
2.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like the look of the Danhov one ... so much that I searched out their website to drool. My favorite Cushion setting is the split crown Daniel K ..but they only sell with their stones.

I agree with all who''ve said you can''t go wrong with that stone. You really picked out a winner (stone & fella I guess!)

p.s. --- For the record: I''m also a modernist who''s been sucked into the Deco/Antique/Pave vortex. Welcome.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is one beautiful stone. it''s so much fun looking at settings and trying to find "the one." i personally like the setting you showed on the right. I think cushions looked incredible in antique style settings.

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Well said indeed - Two thumbs up! The diamond will look great in any setting...it''s already loves you!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
I also really admire Cartier settings...for design inspirations....oooh so pretty!

C9898.jpg

ello

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve seen really beautiful Cushion settings in PS ...it''s worth browsing.... Everyone on the board is really helpful and have great taste. Good luck and have fun!

c22126.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha portia i love your name.

i really like the one you photoshopped on your right hand (right hand aka me looking at the picture right hand, i guess it''s really on your left)...

that cushion looks STUNNING...really beautiful. it should be fabulous in whatever setting, but i wouldn''t put a halo around it..i think it really needs to shine and show it''s beautiful cushion shape on it''s own!!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for all the good advice! You''re all so helpful!

So it sounds like most of you vote for the Meno ring (on the right). We''re going to go back next weekend and look at them again. Hopefully, we''ll (I''ll) be able to decide.

I''ll keep you posted! Stay tuned!
1.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
23.gif
18.gif
What a stunning cushion!!! Love the setting on my right, your left! But I also like the solitaire!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
After looking at the pix again -- and c''mon - who can resist! I think I can more accurately describe WHY I like the "right" Danhov one better. On the left, "shared prong" ring, the small diamonds are "as brilliant" as the center cushion and IMO detract from it slightly. It''s an overall "bang", wow, Ka-blam ... but less focused on the center. The "right" one (hee hee, Freudian perhaps) is more subdued - with a glimmerry effect that lets the amazing Cushion stand out. Can''t wait to see what you choose!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results