shape
carat
color
clarity

Haven''t got the stone yet (shame on me) but guess what I''m looking at?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

exturkconner

Rough_Rock
I think I would hurt myself wearing something with sharp corners like that. But then I'm a man and I have a beard and I tend to touch it and my face alot...so...I'm probably not the best to comment...all the same...ouch...ouch...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/15/2010 5:14:20 PM
Author: exturkconner
I think I would hurt myself wearing something with sharp corners like that. But then I''m a man and I have a beard and I tend to touch it and my face alot...so...I''m probably not the best to comment...all the same...ouch...ouch...
I showed my husband those settings. He gave me the side eye and asked "what the hell is that?" lol He''s rather used to my weirdness, but this one rather threw him for a loop too.

For this stone, its probably not going to happen, but I have to get at least one
2.gif

-A

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I have a citrine ring by this Etsy artist. I see him every year at the Ann Arbor art fair. I gave the ring back to him at the art fair a couple summers ago to have something done to it. It took me abour 4 mos. to get the ring. I had basically no communication from the guy. I actually started a claim with my insurance company because I didn''t think he was ever going to send me my ring. Anyway, where I''m going with this is that I would never buy anything from him again because I think he is less than reliable. He does have some cool stuff though.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow Cind!
23.gif
thanks for letting me know that. the stuff IS very cool but unreliablity from a jeweler dosen''t sit well with me.

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guess what I got from UPS today?
9.gif

First off, I love the T-shirt. No turtle but very very cute.

2nd, I almost missed it in my haste...lol

3rd....OMG the COLOR!!!!
30.gif

4th, I should have bit the bullet and went BIGGER
39.gif

But for now, thats ok, I will some day
2.gif

By the time UPS got here it was already quite dark, so these pictures aren''t the best but you get an idea of how glowy it is.

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
By the window. Its getting dark and we had no sun today. This is NOT the setting I'm going to use but one that I have hanging around empty.
emembarrassed.gif

P10103412.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A bit closer. This is for sure a white gold stone.

tsavcloserpic.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trying again. Incandescent lights.

incandescenttsavlight11.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its VERY hard to get a pic of this stone by itself because its nothing but super pure green. I''ll have to try again when I actually have the darn thing set into something lol..

-A

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely stone!!!!! What size is it again?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/18/2010 5:20:22 PM
Author: Cind11
Lovely stone!!!!! What size is it again?
Its roughly a 6x8mm stone. Swala''s measurements are 6.2x7.7

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice spectral green! Definitely a white metal setting.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Arcadian,
I see no green nail polish today.
2.gif
9.gif

It''s a beautiful stone. Would you say it''s medium or medium dark in tone?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yowza that''s some green now! I always love your polish too!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A-a-ah!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all.
9.gif

No green nail polish unfortunately as it didn''t match.
25.gif
Thats nail polish from this weekend which matches the mahenge spinel
9.gif

The coloring of the pics are a bit off because I took them with no light filler at all and the light meter sometimes doesn''t like that. The stone is definitly a medium green. Even in the little natural light I had at 4pm it still glowed like no tomorrow.

Cutting is good, does have a tilt window but the setting I have in mind should take care of that. No window straight on at all. In incandescent light you see more of the blue undertone than in natural light IRL( I find that very interesting).

Also with the cutting the color ripples across, it really neat to watch.
30.gif

The one thing that I had hoped for was that it wouldn''t go flat in my home office. It did.
38.gif
Most stones do. However it still shows its true color which is most important in there.

I didn''t take any pics in the bathroom as my husband change bulbs but didn''t use the right type in there. (I look alien gray in the bathroom now...blah!!!
32.gif
) If I don''t get any sunlight in the next few days, I''ll try there as soon as he changes the bulbs again.

I knew I''d be happy with it color wise. Size wise is another story....I need to get me a sugar daddy....lol.

BTW packrat, I did see a nail polish called go go greenlight (it may come close, I''m going to have to check it out
2.gif
)

I do have a tsav stacker ring which is rather cute, I''m thinking it will work with this stone pretty well. Only one question. under black lights, the stones in my tsav stacker ring glow red and this stone dosen''t. does this mean they''re colored by different minerals?

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/18/2010 11:43:33 PM
Author: Arcadian
Thanks all.
9.gif

No green nail polish unfortunately as it didn''t match.
25.gif
Thats nail polish from this weekend which matches the mahenge spinel
9.gif

The coloring of the pics are a bit off because I took them with no light filler at all and the light meter sometimes doesn''t like that. The stone is definitly a medium green. Even in the little natural light I had at 4pm it still glowed like no tomorrow.

Cutting is good, does have a tilt window but the setting I have in mind should take care of that. No window straight on at all. In incandescent light you see more of the blue undertone than in natural light IRL( I find that very interesting).

Also with the cutting the color ripples across, it really neat to watch.
30.gif

The one thing that I had hoped for was that it wouldn''t go flat in my home office. It did.
38.gif
Most stones do. However it still shows its true color which is most important in there.

I didn''t take any pics in the bathroom as my husband change bulbs but didn''t use the right type in there. (I look alien gray in the bathroom now...blah!!!
32.gif
) If I don''t get any sunlight in the next few days, I''ll try there as soon as he changes the bulbs again.

I knew I''d be happy with it color wise. Size wise is another story....I need to get me a sugar daddy....lol.

BTW packrat, I did see a nail polish called go go greenlight (it may come close, I''m going to have to check it out
2.gif
)

I do have a tsav stacker ring which is rather cute, I''m thinking it will work with this stone pretty well. Only one question. under black lights, the stones in my tsav stacker ring glow red and this stone dosen''t. does this mean they''re colored by different minerals?

-A
I recall asking this question not too long ago (please don''t ask me to find the original post), but those that glow red have chromium (they may have vanadium too, but they also have chromium). The ones strictly colored by vanadium do not glow red. The strange thing about that is that my tsavorite does not glow red under the UV lighting, but it does under my chelsea filter (????). My lighter grossular green garnet, glows an eerie pink!!
32.gif
The experts told me that was due to chromium content in the stone.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks TL, thats very interesting. I wonder how much that varies by location? the stacker I got from overstock, so have no idea bout the location on that one.

-A

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
It''s so green, my favourite colour!
30.gif

Shame the Etsy seller is unreliable, I like model E1014.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone Arcadian!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian,
The chelsea filter is to check for chromium. Some tsavorites are coloured by only chromium, some only by vanadium, and some a combination of both. It seems that your new tsav has only vanadium as its colouring agent.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Definitely white gold! The color certainly does stand out
18.gif
pretty!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
fantastic shade of green!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/19/2010 10:32:00 AM
Author: Chrono
Arcadian,
The chelsea filter is to check for chromium. Some tsavorites are coloured by only chromium, some only by vanadium, and some a combination of both. It seems that your new tsav has only vanadium as its colouring agent.
According to some experts I spoke with on another site, they said some green grossulars glow pink/red on UV lighting also due to chromium. This doesn''t make much sense if my stone glows red through the chelsea, but doesn''t do so through the UV light. ??????????

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/19/2010 10:44:32 AM
Author: icekid
Definitely white gold! The color certainly does stand out
18.gif
pretty!
When I was at the Field Museum, there was a very deep green tsavorite in yellow gold in their gem collection, and that looked nice as well. I have a very blurry pic of it on my "Grainger Hall of gems" thread. MTG also has a deep green tsavorite in yellow gold. I set my tsavorite in white gold, and I think Arcadian''s stone looks great in WG too. I think deep green tsavorite is one of the few gems that you can''t go wrong with either metal color, WG or YG.
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/19/2010 11:26:09 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
According to some experts I spoke with on another site, they said some green grossulars glow pink/red on UV lighting also due to chromium. This doesn''t make much sense if my stone glows red through the chelsea, but doesn''t do so through the UV light. ??????????
Did they explain if it''s short wave or long wave UV? Did they provide an explanation?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/19/2010 11:34:28 AM

Date: 1/19/2010 11:26:09 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
According to some experts I spoke with on another site, they said some green grossulars glow pink/red on UV lighting also due to chromium. This doesn't make much sense if my stone glows red through the chelsea, but doesn't do so through the UV light. ??????????
Did they explain if it's short wave or long wave UV? Did they provide an explanation?
I think so, I'll have to show you the thread, but I can't post it here. I do remember it was very scientific with a graph to back it up. There's virtually no information on this phenonmenon on UV glow in green grossulars on the net otherwise, not that I could find anyways.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow that is VERY interesting. I would LOVE to know if the coloring agent is dependant on the mine its from or not. I would think it would probably have to be. In between working last night I did some looking around TL, but didn''t find much. Sometimes I hate 24 hour days (ugh!) its been a very long one, and no sleep until 3-4.

BTW, I did put it against yellow gold. Its nice and would look fine in YG....but it also sort of mellows out and does not pop as much as with the white.

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian,
I’m not sure what you mean by looking “flat” in your home office while showing true colour. Is it less lively? Less brilliant and sparkly?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/20/2010 9:13:37 AM
Arcadian,
I’m not sure what you mean by looking “flat” in your home office while showing true colour. Is it less lively? Less brilliant and sparkly?
Just means that no gems sparkle in there period. All colors are flat, like looking at paint chips.

-A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results